Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our league position 10:23 - Nov 30 with 1595 viewsshandyjack

Is exactly where most sane realistic fans expected it to be at this stage of the season. We will not be remotely close to getting relegated and will be in and around 7-12 for majority of the season.
People starting to give Potter crap, abusing a player who has played less than 90 minutes of football in 9 months. What were your expecting exactly? A team pushing the top 2? team challenging for the PO's? they were unrealistic expectations with this squad.

We wanted a return to the Swansea way and we are getting it slowly, the youth in this squad means mistakes and bad patches will happen.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Our league position on 10:58 - Nov 30 with 1559 viewsAlfieMooresSon

We will finish 12th to 18th as we will fade as the season goes on and the youngsters tire.
Safe from relegation, no chance of the playoffs unless there is a brilliant transfer window, we need a few Sinclair, Borini & Michu type transfers to change things around.

Does Potter have the contacts of Managers like Rodgers or Laudrup?
Our league position on 14:27 - Nov 30 with 1508 viewsLeonWasGod

Exactly. We can't expect to compete against sides like WBA who have had the benefit of all that extra PL investment.
Our league position on 16:10 - Nov 30 with 1476 viewsGlyn1

I completely agree with shandyjack on this. We are steadily getting our style of play back and will probably finish comfortably in mid-table. Next season our manager and young squad will both be more experienced in the Championship and it's then that we'll be one of the favourites to go up.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Our league position on 16:55 - Nov 30 with 1456 viewspencoedjack

Our league position on 16:10 - Nov 30 by Glyn1

I completely agree with shandyjack on this. We are steadily getting our style of play back and will probably finish comfortably in mid-table. Next season our manager and young squad will both be more experienced in the Championship and it's then that we'll be one of the favourites to go up.

Yep me as well.

I’d be far more comfortable if we pulled further away from the relegation zone soon.
Our league position on 18:17 - Nov 30 with 1421 viewsKilkennyjack

Not helped by us paying proven premier league players, but not playing them.

Not the league to be playing the clever tw@@ts....

Beware of the Risen People

Our league position on 19:37 - Nov 30 with 1390 viewsshandyjack

Our league position on 18:17 - Nov 30 by Kilkennyjack

Not helped by us paying proven premier league players, but not playing them.

Not the league to be playing the clever tw@@ts....

Like Dyer and Wayne?? Give me an improving James over them any day, he’s our future and we need to invest in him with game time

Poll: Expectation for the season

Our league position on 19:40 - Nov 30 with 1385 viewsjasper_T

Our league position on 19:37 - Nov 30 by shandyjack

Like Dyer and Wayne?? Give me an improving James over them any day, he’s our future and we need to invest in him with game time

Not just future, he's put in better performances in the last two months than we've seen from both of them in years.

A way to go until he matches them at their peak, but fingers crossed.
Our league position on 00:15 - Dec 1 with 1303 viewsBluebird

Our league position on 16:55 - Nov 30 by pencoedjack

Yep me as well.

I’d be far more comfortable if we pulled further away from the relegation zone soon.

I think your doing well and don't have the pressure to get promoted asap like Wba , Stoke and Villa
Login to get fewer ads

Our league position on 07:52 - Dec 1 with 1212 viewsJinxy

Totally agree with the OP, excellent post. When building anything, patience and "support" are key ingredients.

Regarding home support, the fuller the stadium the more the players will draw from it. I know some will have genuine reasons, but the general turnout on Wednesday was disappointing. Away support is fab, as always.
Our league position on 09:01 - Dec 1 with 1182 viewsJohnw102

Our league position on 16:10 - Nov 30 by Glyn1

Agree, but can we be sure some of the young squad will be with us next season, can see some of them moving on and then we have to start all over again.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Our league position on 10:06 - Dec 1 with 1147 viewsA_Fans_Dad

shandjack, re your OP and the Swansea way, the U23s have been playing the "Swansea Way" for some time now.
Their inclusion in the 1st team is the main reason it is happening as quickly as it is.
It was apparent when the youngsters started getting in the 1st team while still in the Prem that they were a breath of (allbeit raw) Fresh Air.
There was also no reason not to believe that Nathan & Wayne could not have assisted in that as they played that way most of the time they were here.
Re your "most sane realistic fans expected it to be at this stage of the season", it appears that we have a lot that are in that category judging by the booes Wednesday night if I heard correctly.
When you know the team can play better and they don't the first comments on here are
they weren't trying
followed by
they were playing "billy big b@ll@cks" instead of football
So again there are a lot of disappointed fans having a go, as they always have and always will.
Our league position on 11:01 - Dec 1 with 1119 viewsJinxy

Our league position on 10:06 - Dec 1 by A_Fans_Dad

shandjack, re your OP and the Swansea way, the U23s have been playing the "Swansea Way" for some time now.
Their inclusion in the 1st team is the main reason it is happening as quickly as it is.
It was apparent when the youngsters started getting in the 1st team while still in the Prem that they were a breath of (allbeit raw) Fresh Air.
There was also no reason not to believe that Nathan & Wayne could not have assisted in that as they played that way most of the time they were here.
Re your "most sane realistic fans expected it to be at this stage of the season", it appears that we have a lot that are in that category judging by the booes Wednesday night if I heard correctly.
When you know the team can play better and they don't the first comments on here are
they weren't trying
followed by
they were playing "billy big b@ll@cks" instead of football
So again there are a lot of disappointed fans having a go, as they always have and always will.

Very true. I think also that when we see signs of returning to our pleasing football style, and sometimes seeing results come from it (e.g. that Celina goal a few weeks ago), some get all excited and frustrated when we don't replicate it more consistently. But that's what progress is, isn't it? Small steps, trial and error but thankfully a coaching set up that shares our vision for how the game should be played, and how its fans should be entertained!

I heard the booing too (I sit in the South) - in my view a few started then realised what they were actually doing and reigned it in. No need.

To directly comment on Shandyjack's OP title...A mid table finish is fine for me. The slide will therefore have been halted and the rebuilding well under way, but as part of that process we will lose some football matches that we could otherwise have won by playing things "safe", perhaps by playing the likes of Dyer & Routledge (as good as they were back in the day).
Our league position on 11:10 - Dec 1 with 1109 views_

Our league position on 19:40 - Nov 30 by jasper_T

Not just future, he's put in better performances in the last two months than we've seen from both of them in years.

A way to go until he matches them at their peak, but fingers crossed.

He has, no question, but the other wingers haven't d d even come close.

It's a bloody travesty they've not featured.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our league position on 11:27 - Dec 1 with 1097 viewsjacksfullaces

Our league position on 09:01 - Dec 1 by Johnw102

Agree, but can we be sure some of the young squad will be with us next season, can see some of them moving on and then we have to start all over again.

this to me is the next major observation.

for the last few years we have tried to guess the intent of the owners from the transfer window, is the only real indication we have of true direction of travel.

equally pertinent, is what are the time frames for embedding a new (or in our case our old new) philosophy in a football club? 2 yrs? with the same group of players?

we always see potential in our own group of players as we are close to them (guess is the same for most bunch of supporters) but at what point do we judge? and then what?

are all questions that come to mind in relation to this post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024