Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 2nd Referendum 12:36 - Dec 1 with 18967 viewsScottishEddie

Why are leavers so oposed to this? Niw that they now all the facts and how great Brexit is going to be surely they are more confident?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

A 2nd Referendum on 12:49 - Dec 1 with 3477 viewsJango

I think leave would win comfortably in a 2nd referendum anyway. Considering remain have cried and campaigned tirelessly since the day of the vote, they’ve done a pretty abysmal job at changing people’s minds. If leave had to do another campaign now it’d be even easier. The issue I have with a 2nd vote is that id vote again for leave but that would be the last time I ever voted and I’m pretty sure a large number of the 17.4m would be the same. Democracy will be over in this country.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 12:51]
A 2nd Referendum on 12:51 - Dec 1 with 3472 viewssherpajacob

If Theresa May loses the parliamentary vote on her deal, she hasn't ruled out holding a second parliamentary vote in the new year to try and get it through.

You have to admit, she is consistent in her inconsistency.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

A 2nd Referendum on 12:59 - Dec 1 with 3455 viewshobo

A 2nd Referendum on 12:51 - Dec 1 by sherpajacob

If Theresa May loses the parliamentary vote on her deal, she hasn't ruled out holding a second parliamentary vote in the new year to try and get it through.

You have to admit, she is consistent in her inconsistency.

She's the weakest leader we (or anyone!) has ever had. Absolutely incompetent
A 2nd Referendum on 13:03 - Dec 1 with 3451 viewsScottishEddie

A 2nd Referendum on 12:49 - Dec 1 by Jango

I think leave would win comfortably in a 2nd referendum anyway. Considering remain have cried and campaigned tirelessly since the day of the vote, they’ve done a pretty abysmal job at changing people’s minds. If leave had to do another campaign now it’d be even easier. The issue I have with a 2nd vote is that id vote again for leave but that would be the last time I ever voted and I’m pretty sure a large number of the 17.4m would be the same. Democracy will be over in this country.

Happy days then

A 2nd Referendum on 13:06 - Dec 1 with 3441 viewsScottishEddie

So you are only happy if democracy goes your way? Surely we can excercise democracy again?

A 2nd Referendum on 13:10 - Dec 1 with 3437 viewsAndy1300

A 2nd Referendum on 13:06 - Dec 1 by ScottishEddie

So you are only happy if democracy goes your way? Surely we can excercise democracy again?

We did 2 years ago.

Leave won

The Govt said that it was a once in a generation vote, there would be NO 2nd referendum.

They would act on the will of the people.

What can't remainers understand about those points?

Number 1 team in Wales

A 2nd Referendum on 13:14 - Dec 1 with 3435 viewscmajack

A 2nd Referendum on 13:10 - Dec 1 by Andy1300

We did 2 years ago.

Leave won

The Govt said that it was a once in a generation vote, there would be NO 2nd referendum.

This. Do all the remoaners want to keep voting until they get the result they want. The leave voters won now get over it.
A 2nd Referendum on 13:29 - Dec 1 with 3394 viewsWarwickHunt

We did 2 years ago.

Leave won

Cameron said "a once in a generation vote". You appear to be confusing a former PM appeasing the right wing of his party with Parliament.

Would you be happy with an elected government never having to contest another election because they won one four years ago?
Login to get fewer ads

A 2nd Referendum on 13:32 - Dec 1 with 3386 viewsJango

A 2nd Referendum on 13:29 - Dec 1 by WarwickHunt

Cameron said "a once in a generation vote". You appear to be confusing a former PM appeasing the right wing of his party with Parliament.

Would you be happy with an elected government never having to contest another election because they won one four years ago?

"I am absolutely clear a referendum is a referendum, it's a once in a generation, once in a lifetime opportunity and the result determines the outcome ... You can't have neverendums, you have referendums."
A 2nd Referendum on 13:33 - Dec 1 with 3383 viewstrinityann

Thats exactly how I feel, I would vote leave again and then never vote again.
A 2nd Referendum on 13:36 - Dec 1 with 3374 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 13:32 - Dec 1 by Jango

"I am absolutely clear a referendum is a referendum, it's a once in a generation, once in a lifetime opportunity and the result determines the outcome ... You can't have neverendums, you have referendums."

...and who said that?
A 2nd Referendum on 13:39 - Dec 1 with 3366 viewssherpajacob

We did 2 years ago.

Leave won

David Cameron was lying.

He did that a lot.

Not as much as May does though.

You've all been taken for a ride, hard for some to accept.

A 2nd Referendum on 13:41 - Dec 1 with 3360 viewsswan65split

Same here, witnessed some under handing over the years, this would be the last.
A 2nd Referendum on 13:41 - Dec 1 with 3358 viewsHighjack

If we had a second referendum and leave win again, by 9:37am the next morning they'll all be calling for a third referendum.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A 2nd Referendum on 13:42 - Dec 1 with 3357 viewssherpajacob

A 2nd Referendum on 13:33 - Dec 1 by trinityann

Thats exactly how I feel, I would vote leave again and then never vote again.

A 2nd referendum and leave voters never vote again on anything

That's a win / win for the UK isn't it?

A sort of self imposed Darwinism of the electorate.

A 2nd Referendum on 13:43 - Dec 1 with 3356 viewsswan65split

We did 2 years ago.

Leave won

Heres another reason why, those now demanding another referendum, have personal agendas no doubt,,,,,as Kinnocks son what hes voting for, despite a majority to leave in his borough.
A 2nd Referendum on 13:48 - Dec 1 with 3342 viewsAndy1300

A 2nd Referendum on 13:29 - Dec 1 by WarwickHunt

He was the leader of the Govt of the day.

I never mentioned parliament

Number 1 team in Wales

A 2nd Referendum on 13:53 - Dec 1 with 3324 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 13:48 - Dec 1 by Andy1300

Exactly.
A 2nd Referendum on 13:54 - Dec 1 with 3321 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 13:42 - Dec 1 by sherpajacob

Long overdue.
A 2nd Referendum on 13:59 - Dec 1 with 3309 viewssherpajacob

A 2nd Referendum on 13:48 - Dec 1 by Andy1300

He is no longer PM, therefore the current government or parliament is not bound by anything he said.

It's a fundamental principle of parliamentary sovereignty.

If Cameron was still PM and we hadn't had a GE in between , the argument of no 2nd referendum may have some traction. However Cameron scuttled off to his shed despite making a promise to parliament to stay whatever the result.

He was lying, you see.

Why is,it Brexiteers bang on about Cameron's project fear lies, but treat this one as him speaking the gospel truth.

A 2nd Referendum on 13:59 - Dec 1 with 3309 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 13:43 - Dec 1 by swan65split

Heres another reason why, those now demanding another referendum, have personal agendas no doubt,,,,,as Kinnocks son what hes voting for, despite a majority to leave in his borough.

Vote him out next time then. Oh, hang on...
A 2nd Referendum on 14:02 - Dec 1 with 3298 viewsHighjack

A 2nd Referendum on 13:42 - Dec 1 by sherpajacob

Considering most labour areas voted for Leave you'd probably end up with perpetual Tory landslides.

Be careful what you wish for.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A 2nd Referendum on 14:07 - Dec 1 with 3281 viewsswan65split

A 2nd Referendum on 13:59 - Dec 1 by WarwickHunt

Vote him out next time then. Oh, hang on...

Never voted him in did I? Not voted labour since the creep Blair appeared.
Aberavon is like Hartlepool
A 2nd Referendum on 14:08 - Dec 1 with 3279 viewsAndy1300

A 2nd Referendum on 13:59 - Dec 1 by sherpajacob

He is no longer PM, therefore the current government or parliament is not bound by anything he said.

It's a fundamental principle of parliamentary sovereignty.

If Cameron was still PM and we hadn't had a GE in between , the argument of no 2nd referendum may have some traction. However Cameron scuttled off to his shed despite making a promise to parliament to stay whatever the result.

He was lying, you see.

Why is,it Brexiteers bang on about Cameron's project fear lies, but treat this one as him speaking the gospel truth.

Whoever was PM at the time would have faced a GE within the 2 years of triggering art 50.

We have to accept the result regardless of how we voted.

Number 1 team in Wales

A 2nd Referendum on 14:09 - Dec 1 with 3276 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 14:08 - Dec 1 by Andy1300

Whoever was PM at the time would have faced a GE within the 2 years of triggering art 50.

We have to accept the result regardless of how we voted.

"Advisory".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024