Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 2nd Referendum 12:36 - Dec 1 with 18985 viewsScottishEddie

Why are leavers so oposed to this? Niw that they now all the facts and how great Brexit is going to be surely they are more confident?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

A 2nd Referendum on 13:05 - Dec 6 with 924 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 10:24 - Dec 6 by Highjack

Yes she did. Keep us in at all costs.

This, but it wasn't necessarily her plan.
A 2nd Referendum on 13:09 - Dec 6 with 922 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 11:08 - Dec 6 by Highjack

This deal won’t happen. No deal won’t happen. There is no chance of another deal. It is utterly inevitable that the 2016 vote will be ignored and overturned. There has been no genuine attempt to leave the European Union as everybody involved are hardcore europhiles and members of bolder beef.

Edit: meant to be Bilderberg. Bloody auto correct.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 11:09]

Agree.
A 2nd Referendum on 13:14 - Dec 6 with 913 viewsJango

A 2nd Referendum on 12:46 - Dec 6 by longlostjack

Exactly. Parliament has been doing what it's supposed to do and doing it well.

Great at doing things you agree with, totally incompetent when doing the opposite.
A 2nd Referendum on 13:28 - Dec 6 with 889 viewslonglostjack

A 2nd Referendum on 13:14 - Dec 6 by Jango

Great at doing things you agree with, totally incompetent when doing the opposite.

I have never said that Parliament is incompetent. Governments can be - this one being a prime example.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

A 2nd Referendum on 14:22 - Dec 6 with 854 viewsthe_oracle

A 2nd Referendum on 11:06 - Dec 3 by swan65split

Lets just leave. the remoaners can move to the eu.......simples.

Don'r understand the concept of "ending of free movement", then?
A 2nd Referendum on 14:25 - Dec 6 with 848 viewsbluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 14:22 - Dec 6 by the_oracle

Don'r understand the concept of "ending of free movement", then?

Are you saying Remainers are unable to qualify for visas then?

Immigration policy should be like the Australian points system, based upon skilled need. Why should EU citizens have freedom of movement as opposed to non-EU citizens?
A 2nd Referendum on 14:44 - Dec 6 with 836 viewslonglostjack

A 2nd Referendum on 14:25 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

Are you saying Remainers are unable to qualify for visas then?

Immigration policy should be like the Australian points system, based upon skilled need. Why should EU citizens have freedom of movement as opposed to non-EU citizens?

Freedom of movement and the right to live, work and set up a business in any one of the 27 EU states is one of the great advantages of being a member.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 14:45]

A 2nd Referendum on 14:48 - Dec 6 with 829 viewsJango

A 2nd Referendum on 14:44 - Dec 6 by longlostjack

Freedom of movement and the right to live, work and set up a business in any one of the 27 EU states is one of the great advantages of being a member.

Great advantage for some.
Login to get fewer ads

A 2nd Referendum on 14:50 - Dec 6 with 826 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 14:48 - Dec 6 by Jango

Great advantage for some.

Yep - those with more than half a fùcking brain...
A 2nd Referendum on 15:00 - Dec 6 with 812 viewsJango

A 2nd Referendum on 14:50 - Dec 6 by WarwickHunt

Yep - those with more than half a fùcking brain...

You live in the London bubble, you haven’t got a clue. You’ve probably never worked on a site where lads have been paid off and cheaper labour has been brought in from Portugal or Poland to finish off jobs. Thousands of highly skilled British workers looking for work while foreign contractors undercut them.
A 2nd Referendum on 15:03 - Dec 6 with 809 viewslonglostjack

A 2nd Referendum on 15:00 - Dec 6 by Jango

You live in the London bubble, you haven’t got a clue. You’ve probably never worked on a site where lads have been paid off and cheaper labour has been brought in from Portugal or Poland to finish off jobs. Thousands of highly skilled British workers looking for work while foreign contractors undercut them.

I'm old enough to remember "Auf Wiedersehen Pet".

A 2nd Referendum on 15:14 - Dec 6 with 799 viewsJango

A 2nd Referendum on 15:03 - Dec 6 by longlostjack

I'm old enough to remember "Auf Wiedersehen Pet".

Yes, and no doubt a comedy sketch is your only experience of it. It’s easy to say freedom of movement is great when it’s never had a negative impact on your livelihood. A large number of the 17.4m people have felt it though but they are just racist and stupid.
A 2nd Referendum on 15:18 - Dec 6 with 793 viewsbluey_the_blue

So you want freedom of movement for some Europeans but not for non-EU correct?

Immigration is good - for filling skills gaps for example. Unskilled immigration damages British citizens.
A 2nd Referendum on 15:26 - Dec 6 with 785 viewslonglostjack

A 2nd Referendum on 15:18 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

So you want freedom of movement for some Europeans but not for non-EU correct?

Immigration is good - for filling skills gaps for example. Unskilled immigration damages British citizens.

Wouldn't have a problem if Australia did a deal with the EU on that. They've already signed up to the Eurovision Song Contest.

A 2nd Referendum on 15:35 - Dec 6 with 774 viewslonglostjack

A 2nd Referendum on 15:14 - Dec 6 by Jango

Yes, and no doubt a comedy sketch is your only experience of it. It’s easy to say freedom of movement is great when it’s never had a negative impact on your livelihood. A large number of the 17.4m people have felt it though but they are just racist and stupid.

You've obviously not seen "the comedy sketch" or you'd get the irony ! It's not the fault of freedom of movement but a lack of enforcement of workers rights. As for a large number of the 17.4m people negatively affected by freedom of movement? Nonsense.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 15:36]

A 2nd Referendum on 15:43 - Dec 6 with 769 viewsJango

A 2nd Referendum on 15:35 - Dec 6 by longlostjack

You've obviously not seen "the comedy sketch" or you'd get the irony ! It's not the fault of freedom of movement but a lack of enforcement of workers rights. As for a large number of the 17.4m people negatively affected by freedom of movement? Nonsense.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 15:36]

As I said, you obviously have no experience of the situation.
A 2nd Referendum on 16:41 - Dec 6 with 737 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Great advantage for people from the poor regions of the EU, Romania etc, to come to UK to work and claim UK in work benefits and child allowance for their children even though they do not live in the UK and have much lower living costs. They then send the money back home so it does not get spent in the UK.

Child benefit should only be paid to children in the UK. The money saved could be spent to help child poverty in the UK.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

A 2nd Referendum on 16:49 - Dec 6 with 732 viewsBatterseajack

A 2nd Referendum on 16:41 - Dec 6 by felixstowe_jack

Great advantage for people from the poor regions of the EU, Romania etc, to come to UK to work and claim UK in work benefits and child allowance for their children even though they do not live in the UK and have much lower living costs. They then send the money back home so it does not get spent in the UK.

Child benefit should only be paid to children in the UK. The money saved could be spent to help child poverty in the UK.

The irony of all this was that it was the UK government pushing for EU expansion to eastern Europe!
A 2nd Referendum on 16:52 - Dec 6 with 725 viewsGowerjack

A 2nd Referendum on 15:43 - Dec 6 by Jango

As I said, you obviously have no experience of the situation.

Can I ask what your own personal experience is please.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

A 2nd Referendum on 16:55 - Dec 6 with 724 viewsCatullus

A 2nd Referendum on 16:49 - Dec 6 by Batterseajack

The irony of all this was that it was the UK government pushing for EU expansion to eastern Europe!

That was Tony Blair, the same person responsible for not implementing the immigration controls the EU had in place and who deliberately understated the numbers.
Back then plenty of people believed Blair was trying a bit of social engineering to turn the whole country his shade of red, which of course is actually off blue!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A 2nd Referendum on 16:56 - Dec 6 with 724 viewslonglostjack

A 2nd Referendum on 16:41 - Dec 6 by felixstowe_jack

The question of child benefit being paid to children outside the EU is a fair one. It’s an area that may well change in the future. Merkel for example has been lobbying to have that particular rule changed.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 18:24]

A 2nd Referendum on 17:03 - Dec 6 with 718 viewsJango

A 2nd Referendum on 16:49 - Dec 6 by Batterseajack

Yet when I mention that Cameron said the referendum was a once in a lifetime vote you were very quick to point out it’s a different government now. Here you are going back over 10 years and 3 governments. Hypocrite.
A 2nd Referendum on 17:12 - Dec 6 with 711 viewsbluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 15:26 - Dec 6 by longlostjack

Wouldn't have a problem if Australia did a deal with the EU on that. They've already signed up to the Eurovision Song Contest.

EBU is not EU. The "B" in the middle is a handy hint.
A 2nd Referendum on 17:14 - Dec 6 with 708 viewsJango

A 2nd Referendum on 16:52 - Dec 6 by Gowerjack

Can I ask what your own personal experience is please.

I do lots of work on sites all over the country mainly power stations and refineries. I see it almost everywhere where EU workers are brought in on a cheaper rate at the expense of British workers. I’ve had it done to myself. I’ve just got back from a waste to energy plant in Belfast where a 6 month old boiler has blown. They need an emergency refurb and they’ve employed 2 local Fitters and are getting the rest of fitters, welders and semi skilled labour from a firm in Portugal on an initial 2 month contract. Their tradesmen will be on about £5 an hour less than the local lads.

I was working on the LNG plant in Milford back at the start of the year and they got rid of all the sparkies on site saying the job had been put back, took on a load of Romanians about a month later.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 17:25]
A 2nd Referendum on 17:50 - Dec 6 with 684 viewsBatterseajack

A 2nd Referendum on 17:03 - Dec 6 by Jango

Yet when I mention that Cameron said the referendum was a once in a lifetime vote you were very quick to point out it’s a different government now. Here you are going back over 10 years and 3 governments. Hypocrite.

How does that make me a hypocrite?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024