Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 2nd Referendum 12:36 - Dec 1 with 19388 viewsScottishEddie

Why are leavers so oposed to this? Niw that they now all the facts and how great Brexit is going to be surely they are more confident?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

A 2nd Referendum on 09:22 - Dec 2 with 1224 viewsAndy1300

Number 1 team in Wales

A 2nd Referendum on 09:29 - Dec 2 with 1217 viewsLeonWasGod

A 2nd Referendum on 09:18 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

If we voted to remain, our terms of membership are already set and existing. Nothing will change. We can’t be “punished” in the way you’re suggesting.

But Leavers haven't been conned, honest

It's so depressing how people just regurgitate false tabloid headlines for reasons we should leave. It's 'thinking' by jingoistic soundbites.
A 2nd Referendum on 09:29 - Dec 2 with 1216 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oh great. Someone posted a tweet from a spoof account. Debate over.

Poll: Tory leader

A 2nd Referendum on 09:30 - Dec 2 with 1211 viewsAndy1300

Number 1 team in Wales

A 2nd Referendum on 09:33 - Dec 2 with 1204 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 09:30 - Dec 2 by Andy1300

That’s what May has been saying as well.

A 2nd Referendum on 09:34 - Dec 2 with 1204 viewsWarwickHunt

If we voted to remain, our terms of membership are already set and existing. Nothing will change. We can’t be “punished” in the way you’re suggesting.

The level of stupidity on this thread is breathtaking.
A 2nd Referendum on 09:40 - Dec 2 with 1196 viewssg1912

A 2nd Referendum on 08:35 - Dec 2 by WarwickHunt

Which part of “it was only a fûcking soundbite” are you struggling with?

Well the entire push for the second vote is based on nothing but soundbites and hearsay..

Petulance is not a good look for a grown up
A 2nd Referendum on 10:13 - Dec 2 with 1176 viewsGowerjack

A 2nd Referendum on 19:53 - Dec 1 by pencoedjack

Spot on fella

Is that what's meant by a Brexit bonus?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

A 2nd Referendum on 10:18 - Dec 2 with 1170 viewsjack_lord

A 2nd Referendum on 19:54 - Dec 1 by bluey_the_blue

Every year there are more youngsters "eligible to vote".

Let's have general elections every year then...

"Future being flushed down the toilet". More hypothetical nonsense, can't tell until / if it happens - let's not forget Remainers claimed an immediate recession on a leave vote, there would be an emergency budget etc.

Ah, "racists". Yup, all leave voters clearly racist scum. If only remainers like you were the only people alive, things would be so wonderful with unicorns for all, free or otherwise.

Without me having to write a lengthy essay on international trade and how complex it is (and that also applies to the UK and its ability to negotiate deals with other nations) I think we are starting to actually see the first ripplings of the effect on the economy as people realise it is actually happening. That is what is putting a lot of people into panic mode.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

A 2nd Referendum on 10:20 - Dec 2 with 1166 viewsbluey_the_blue

That depends upon being able to unilaterally "withdraw" Article 50.

I doubt very much that would happen / be allowable - wouldn't surprise me that having initially defied EU we have to re-apply for membership.
A 2nd Referendum on 10:20 - Dec 2 with 1168 viewsGowerjack

A 2nd Referendum on 09:11 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t understand how having a second referendum is anti democratic. We voted two and a half years ago. Leave won very narrowly. Now we know what the terms of leaving will be. No one knew this at the time of the first vote, whether they voted to leave or remain. That’s a simple fact. So what’s wrong with asking “right, you wanted to leave, this is what leaving looks like. Do you still want to leave”?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 9:36]

Agreed however the phrasing of any potential question becomes vitally important.

Unlike the binary nonsense we were presented with last time out.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

A 2nd Referendum on 10:24 - Dec 2 with 1165 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 10:20 - Dec 2 by bluey_the_blue

That depends upon being able to unilaterally "withdraw" Article 50.

I doubt very much that would happen / be allowable - wouldn't surprise me that having initially defied EU we have to re-apply for membership.

The EU has already said that revoking A50 won’t be an issue.

A 2nd Referendum on 10:26 - Dec 2 with 1165 viewsCatullus

We already know our terms and conditions will change though. The rebates are being taken away for a start, it's not just us, this is happening to every member state. The EU wants more money and more control. Will I have to keep referencing Verhofstadt's rant about taking more power, more sovereignty? Or are you going to dismiss his ramblings as not representative of the EU agenda?
We were told there were no plans for an EU army, that it wouldn't happen and yet,

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/eu-army-angela-merkel-macron-ger

Where it also says JC Juncker first talked about this 4 years ago in 2014. That was a remain lie then.
This isn't just about the future outside the EU. This is also about what it would look like if we remained and things are happening that remain said definitely would not happen.
There will be people here who will delight in the thought of being in an EU superstate, will be happy for our young people to serve in an EU army, forgive me for not being one of them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A 2nd Referendum on 10:27 - Dec 2 with 1161 viewsbluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 10:24 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

The EU has already said that revoking A50 won’t be an issue.

Have they put that in writing?
A 2nd Referendum on 10:27 - Dec 2 with 1161 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 10:20 - Dec 2 by Gowerjack

Agreed however the phrasing of any potential question becomes vitally important.

Unlike the binary nonsense we were presented with last time out.

I’m struggling to see how a referendum question with more than two options works. That’s part of the reason why referendums are so inherently undemocratic. It’s unlikely that any of the three options would attract more than 50%. And leavers would (with some justification) argue that the leave vote would be split between leaving with this deal or no deal, as daft as leaving with no deal would be. Unless you rule out the option that attracts the fewest votes and do some kind of second preference thing

A 2nd Referendum on 10:31 - Dec 2 with 1158 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 10:27 - Dec 2 by bluey_the_blue

F*cking hell

A 2nd Referendum on 10:45 - Dec 2 with 1149 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 09:40 - Dec 2 by sg1912

Well the entire push for the second vote is based on nothing but soundbites and hearsay..

Petulance is not a good look for a grown up

How the fûck would you know?
A 2nd Referendum on 10:46 - Dec 2 with 1148 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 10:27 - Dec 2 by bluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 10:53 - Dec 2 with 1141 viewsbluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 10:31 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

F*cking hell

"Ah, we did say things wouldn't be changed, but having further looked into the details, clause 1.5.2.4.4.2.1.3.5.5.2.1.4.4.1.4.4 states you sadly do need to re-negotiate..."
A 2nd Referendum on 10:59 - Dec 2 with 1140 viewssg1912

A 2nd Referendum on 10:45 - Dec 2 by WarwickHunt

How the fûck would you know?

Does a bear shit in the woods?
A 2nd Referendum on 11:34 - Dec 2 with 1122 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 10:53 - Dec 2 by bluey_the_blue

"Ah, we did say things wouldn't be changed, but having further looked into the details, clause 1.5.2.4.4.2.1.3.5.5.2.1.4.4.1.4.4 states you sadly do need to re-negotiate..."

We’re still members, Bluey.

A 2nd Referendum on 12:07 - Dec 2 with 1104 viewsbluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 11:34 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

We’re still members, Bluey.

"Hi boss, yeah you know I resigned the other day and you were pretty livid about me going and we negotiated a withdrawal process for me to go? Well I kinda changed my mind so I want to recant my resignation, so I'll be in Monday and everything will be the same, right?

What do you mean 'f*ck off'?"
A 2nd Referendum on 12:41 - Dec 2 with 1089 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 12:07 - Dec 2 by bluey_the_blue

"Hi boss, yeah you know I resigned the other day and you were pretty livid about me going and we negotiated a withdrawal process for me to go? Well I kinda changed my mind so I want to recant my resignation, so I'll be in Monday and everything will be the same, right?

Merkel & Co. would throw a party, you daft twàt.
A 2nd Referendum on 12:46 - Dec 2 with 1083 viewsjack_lord

So no worker has ever withdrawn their resignation?
Obviously that is not the case.

If there was a scenario where the EU was in the position to refuse Britain's withdrawal of article then who could blame them.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

A 2nd Referendum on 12:53 - Dec 2 with 1073 viewsexiledclaseboy

Aye that’s how it’ll work. The EU hates us so much. Obviously. Dear god. And leavers wonder why they get painted as intellectually challenged xenophobes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024