Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 2nd Referendum 12:36 - Dec 1 with 19353 viewsScottishEddie

Why are leavers so oposed to this? Niw that they now all the facts and how great Brexit is going to be surely they are more confident?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

A 2nd Referendum on 12:56 - Dec 2 with 1271 viewsbluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 12:53 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

Aye that’s how it’ll work. The EU hates us so much. Obviously. Dear god. And leavers wonder why they get painted as intellectually challenged xenophobes.

Yeah they specifically hate us...

No, anyone going against the EU project has to be brought into line. Rebates et al that Britain fought hard to win will be under attack, revoking Article 50 being an excellent opportunity to do so. EU would do the same against any other nation in the same situation so how that translates to your charge of xenophobia god only knows...
A 2nd Referendum on 12:58 - Dec 2 with 1262 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 12:56 - Dec 2 by bluey_the_blue

No, anyone going against the EU project has to be brought into line. Rebates et al that Britain fought hard to win will be under attack, revoking Article 50 being an excellent opportunity to do so. EU would do the same against any other nation in the same situation so how that translates to your charge of xenophobia god only knows...

The EU would be absolutely delighted if the U.K. decided to stay for the reasons you’ve outlined. Stop being silly.

Poll: Tory leader

A 2nd Referendum on 12:59 - Dec 2 with 1262 viewsdickythorpe

I think we should all have a nice cup of tea .
A 2nd Referendum on 13:04 - Dec 2 with 1251 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 12:59 - Dec 2 by dickythorpe

I think we should all have a nice cup of tea .

If we leave the EU on WTO terms we won’t be able to afford tea.

A 2nd Referendum on 13:10 - Dec 2 with 1243 viewssherpajacob

They hate little Englander types like Rees Mogg, Bojo, Gove, and ukip loons like Farage, but they're not alone there.

The rest of us they quite like.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

A 2nd Referendum on 13:16 - Dec 2 with 1231 viewsHighjack

A 2nd Referendum on 13:10 - Dec 2 by sherpajacob

They hate little Englander types like Rees Mogg, Bojo, Gove, and ukip loons like Farage, but they're not alone there.

The rest of us they quite like.

They like our big businesses, our world leading financial service centre and our banks. The rest of us can go f*ck ourselves.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A 2nd Referendum on 15:18 - Dec 2 with 1200 viewsCatullus

bluey, I've said this before mate but the rebates are going anyway.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-budget-rebate-gunther-o

Gunther Oettinger says so. Rebates are not appropriate in a family of nations. It doesn't matter if we can withdraw A50, there will be changes to our terms of membership if we agree to them or not.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A 2nd Referendum on 15:26 - Dec 2 with 1199 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 10:18 - Dec 2 by jack_lord

Without me having to write a lengthy essay on international trade and how complex it is (and that also applies to the UK and its ability to negotiate deals with other nations) I think we are starting to actually see the first ripplings of the effect on the economy as people realise it is actually happening. That is what is putting a lot of people into panic mode.

No it is not, it is the same Fear Mongering by Mark Carney, it hit the markets in 2016 and hit the market again now.
It comes to something when the BoE supports a lying cheating Prime Minister with even more cheating & lies.
Login to get fewer ads

A 2nd Referendum on 15:46 - Dec 2 with 1192 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 13:04 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

If we leave the EU on WTO terms we won’t be able to afford tea.

Your comment goes to show just how completely brainwashed you are.
Care to guess what the EU Tarriff is on Indian Tea compared to WTO?
A 2nd Referendum on 15:57 - Dec 2 with 1186 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 15:46 - Dec 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Your comment goes to show just how completely brainwashed you are.
Care to guess what the EU Tarriff is on Indian Tea compared to WTO?

It was a joke your humourless leaver. I’ll be sure to add a smilie next time to aid the hard of thinking.

A 2nd Referendum on 16:05 - Dec 2 with 1182 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 15:57 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

It was a joke your humourless leaver. I’ll be sure to add a smilie next time to aid the hard of thinking.

It was a typical Remainer remark.
A 2nd Referendum on 16:21 - Dec 2 with 1170 viewsbermudajack

A 2nd Referendum on 16:05 - Dec 2 by A_Fans_Dad

It was a typical Remainer remark.

Why doesn’t the country have a snap vote...

Do you want another referendum?
Yes
No

If over 52% vote yes, then we go for it, if no it’s over...let the politicians decide what’s best.
If we vote yes, a new referendum with 3 choices

Accept deal on offer
Reject deal - accept WTO rules
Remain as we are

Highest % wins

Sorted 👍
We can then move on from this as the constant uncertainty is doing more damage than anything.

Poll: Priority for new manager?

A 2nd Referendum on 16:33 - Dec 2 with 1162 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 16:21 - Dec 2 by bermudajack

Yes
No

If over 52% vote yes, then we go for it, if no it’s over...let the politicians decide what’s best.

Accept deal on offer
Remain as we are

Highest % wins

Sorted 👍
We can then move on from this as the constant uncertainty is doing more damage than anything.

If we have highest percentage wins out of three options chances are that we’ll end up with something that fewer than 50% of the electorate voted for.

A 2nd Referendum on 16:55 - Dec 2 with 1147 viewsDJack

A 2nd Referendum on 03:27 - Dec 2 by PozuelosSideys

Been drinking mate? Youre normally a decent poster, but you can go suck your mum with your abuse tonight

OK, deriding your principles was uncalled for (and was truly, partly in jest to do with your field of work)...Mea culpa.

The section of the world in which you work is not known for it's social conscience, is it! The majority of those who work in it do it to earn their companies and themselves as much cash (and kudos) as possible.

What are you thoughts on the Greeks lies and deceit. Christ, wouldn't we all like to retire at 40 but who the heck is going to pay for that - do you think that the Greeks are reaping what they sowed? For clarification I'm not talking about the people but their government.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A 2nd Referendum on 17:21 - Dec 2 with 1127 viewsjack_lord

A 2nd Referendum on 15:26 - Dec 2 by A_Fans_Dad

No it is not, it is the same Fear Mongering by Mark Carney, it hit the markets in 2016 and hit the market again now.
It comes to something when the BoE supports a lying cheating Prime Minister with even more cheating & lies.

I disagree. The knee jerk reaction of the markets was expected when the referendum result was in and the immediate analysis was that there would also be a recovery.
This is quite different. I have seen 25 percent of my investments disappear which means that my pensions will face a similar shrink. It is not the Bank of England pushing project fear it is most established economists forecasting that is having this effect.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

A 2nd Referendum on 17:24 - Dec 2 with 1127 viewssg1912

A 2nd Referendum on 16:21 - Dec 2 by bermudajack

Yes
No

Accept deal on offer
Remain as we are

Highest % wins

Sorted 👍

Because that splits the leave vote..
... the only viable new referendum that could uphold democracy would be an Deal or No Deal ballot
A 2nd Referendum on 17:29 - Dec 2 with 1124 viewsexiledclaseboy

A 2nd Referendum on 17:24 - Dec 2 by sg1912

Because that splits the leave vote..
... the only viable new referendum that could uphold democracy would be an Deal or No Deal ballot

I agree on the first part. People could be asked to rank their choice in order of preference and then eliminate the first choice with the fewest votes and transfer those voters’ second preferences until a majority is reached.

A 2nd Referendum on 17:46 - Dec 2 with 1112 viewsMrSwerve

I reckon we put all the different deals in numbered boxes and get Teresa May to pick which boxes to eliminate. It can be televised and Noel Edmonds can host.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

A 2nd Referendum on 17:47 - Dec 2 with 1112 viewsbluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 17:21 - Dec 2 by jack_lord

I disagree. The knee jerk reaction of the markets was expected when the referendum result was in and the immediate analysis was that there would also be a recovery.
This is quite different. I have seen 25 percent of my investments disappear which means that my pensions will face a similar shrink. It is not the Bank of England pushing project fear it is most established economists forecasting that is having this effect.

The predictions were immediate recession which would require an emergency budget - funnily enough, never happened.

The forecasts ( or scenarios as Carney now calls them ) haven't exactly been that accurate. Every story of EU favouring companies looking to leave without actually leaving has been reported by media as fact. Companies making redundancies have had that cited as due to Brexit. Jamie Oliver blames Brexit for some of his restaurants closing whilst ignoring the inconvenient facts that a) his food is shit and b) other of his restaurants were previously close. Every example of investment into Britain has, if reported, had "despite Brexit" tagged on to it.

We've seen scenarios, we've seen forecasts left right and center where the perceived outcome has been treated as fact without critical analysis of the methodology behind it.
Paul Krugman's views on the BoE claims?

"The Bank of England just released some very dire scenarios.
But their bad-case losses from a no-deal Brexit look extremely high. I mean, 8% of GDP was the kind of estimate we used to make for countries with 150 percent effective rates of protection.
I don’t understand how you can get that kind of cost without making some big ad hoc assumptions about productivity or something. And I have worried in all this about motivated reasoning on the part of people who oppose Brexit for the best of reasons.
As best I can tell, the big results depend on assumed relations between trade/FDI flows and productivity. It’s really important to understand that this channel does not follow from basic trade theory and comparative advantage; it’s a black-box story.
What we have are correlations between trade and investment flows and productivity that don’t really follow from standard models. Are these causal? There is surely room for skepticism. Yet that seems to be the big driver of the whole thing. So I’m worried.
Again, I’m anti-Brexit, and have no doubt that it will make Britain poorer. And the BoE could be right about the magnitude. But they’ve really gone pretty far out on a limb here."

Now, if Krugman can openly question the methodology and assumptions bheind the BoE forecasts ( downgraded to s cenarios by Carney ) what confidence can you have? It's not just BoE either, Treasury have been spectacularly wrong at times.
A 2nd Referendum on 18:10 - Dec 2 with 1100 viewsbermudajack

A 2nd Referendum on 16:33 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

If we have highest percentage wins out of three options chances are that we’ll end up with something that fewer than 50% of the electorate voted for.

Yes but When there were only two options, no one knew the detail therefore the third option is now relevant

A 2nd Referendum on 18:14 - Dec 2 with 1098 viewsjohnlangy

A 2nd Referendum on 13:16 - Dec 2 by Highjack

They like our big businesses, our world leading financial service centre and our banks. The rest of us can go f*ck ourselves.

That sounds rather like the Tories, not the EU.
A 2nd Referendum on 18:19 - Dec 2 with 1091 viewsswan65split

There"ll be a second one.....its a MPs ploy we are witnessing
They didnt like the result

Much too the detriment of this Country.
A 2nd Referendum on 18:41 - Dec 2 with 1069 viewsbermudajack

Even remainers want an end to this uncertainty, not all will vote remain again, loads have been diselusioned by the EU since the vote, some have gone the other way, at least with these 3 choices the most sensible and popular choice will prevail and the detail of each is now clearly understood for all to decide.

The goalposts have definitely moved in the last 2 years we now have options...

Soft Brexit - May’s proposal will appeal to both remainers and leavers
Hard Brexit - will appeal to hard line leavers - WTO rules apply
No Brexit - will obviously appeal to remainers

It’s the only way to resolve this mess democraticly

A 2nd Referendum on 18:42 - Dec 2 with 1067 viewsHighjack

A 2nd Referendum on 18:14 - Dec 2 by johnlangy

That sounds rather like the Tories, not the EU.

Yes because they share exactly the same views on economic policy. Austerity, slashing the public sector. Slashing welfare. Cuts to police, education, health. Promotion of privatisation. The tories and the EU walk hand in hand economically.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A 2nd Referendum on 19:11 - Dec 2 with 1042 viewsItchySphincter

A 2nd Referendum on 13:16 - Dec 2 by Highjack

Wales gets plenty of money from the EU, it's the the Welsh Government that's telling you to go f*ck yourself, unless you live in Cardiff or Carmarthen.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024