Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 2nd Referendum 12:36 - Dec 1 with 19346 viewsScottishEddie

Why are leavers so oposed to this? Niw that they now all the facts and how great Brexit is going to be surely they are more confident?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

A 2nd Referendum on 20:24 - Dec 5 with 1468 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 21:26 - Dec 4 by WarwickHunt

Oh look - up pops another Brexit fûckwit.

Let’s wait 15 years...

Nothing but Abuse, obviously lost the argument.
A 2nd Referendum on 20:25 - Dec 5 with 1464 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A 2nd Referendum on 09:35 - Dec 5 by JackSomething

Are you aware that the majority of your posts are of the 'I know you are, but what am I' variety? Are you 12?

None of your bloody business.
A 2nd Referendum on 20:30 - Dec 5 with 1454 viewsbluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 23:00 - Dec 4 by WarwickHunt

Twàt.

A 2nd Referendum on 20:32 - Dec 5 with 1449 viewsLeonWasGod

A 2nd Referendum on 21:20 - Dec 3 by Catullus

I had the misplaced belief that our politicsl classes would enact the will of the people. What I didn't foresee was that a majority of politicians with the help of some remainers of various guises would so effectively undermine the process that an entirely rubbish deal would be the outcome, entirely rubbish of course being a massive understatement.
Make no mistake about it, this is a massive blow to democracy. Why bother voting when afterwards the will of the people is taken as a thing to be ignored, manipulated and then, when the deal is done claim it's what the people voted for?
I still believe the EU is undemocratic and Verhofstadts speech signals their future intentions. I hope the future I imagine doesn't come about because the thing that Europhiles love to claim (that the EU has kept the peace in Europe) could end up being the opposite of the truth. I forsee civil unrest as anti EU sentiment becomes more powerful. I foresee the Franco/German political alliance causing problems, especially when the EU army is formed. I foresee the NHS being privatised and I don't foresee the UK gaining anything like the benefits that Germany has grasped from all of this. We're more likely to see the end of a state pension than a massive rise in it and industry will continue to be sucked out of our country to be replaced with dead end jobs.
Ultimately I can only hope that all of that doesn't come to pass and the fears of many leavers prove entirely unfounded.
However faced with a change of mind where leaving is still a possibility or accepting a deal where we may never be allowed to leave, what choice do I have? No deal is bad for everyone and I'd suggest, not just Europe. It could destabilise the Western democracies and embolden the Russians and Chinese.
In simple terms we are between a rock and a hard place but at least the hard place has an escape pod.

They are enacting the will of the people. The problem is, and always has been, that the referendum question was flawed.
A 2nd Referendum on 20:45 - Dec 5 with 1431 viewsjack_lord

A 2nd Referendum on 20:32 - Dec 5 by LeonWasGod

They are enacting the will of the people. The problem is, and always has been, that the referendum question was flawed.

The referendum should have asked whether people would like to see the UK leave the EU. Then the result would only have gauged opinion. This will of the people it total crap because there is also a huge swathe of the population that had a diffrent will. The

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

A 2nd Referendum on 21:02 - Dec 5 with 1417 viewsAndy1300

A 2nd Referendum on 20:45 - Dec 5 by jack_lord

The referendum should have asked whether people would like to see the UK leave the EU. Then the result would only have gauged opinion. This will of the people it total crap because there is also a huge swathe of the population that had a diffrent will. The

What would have happened had the vote gone the other way?

We wouldn't get a sniff of a 2nd vote

Number 1 team in Wales

A 2nd Referendum on 21:05 - Dec 5 with 1414 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 20:24 - Dec 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Nothing but Abuse, obviously lost the argument.

Semi-literate arse dribble from one of the thickest fûckers on here.
A 2nd Referendum on 23:22 - Dec 5 with 1345 viewsjack_lord

A 2nd Referendum on 21:02 - Dec 5 by Andy1300

That is not necessarily correct. The Scots will have another vote for independence.

In fact, if the vote to leave had been narrowly finished the other way then that movement may have gathered momentum if it was that truly desired. As time has passed it has shown that the vote was not exactly covered in glory or truths on either side but it has shown there are very many who have said they would not have voted the way they did.

As an Economist I am more concerned about how the nation may well suffer.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

A 2nd Referendum on 09:18 - Dec 6 with 1254 viewsCatullus

A 2nd Referendum on 20:45 - Dec 5 by jack_lord

That's exactly what it asked stay or leave!!

What should have happened (in my obviously uneducated opinion) was Cameron should have had a pre- negotiation referendum and said we can choose to remain or leave....or go back and negotiate again but if unsuccesful then leave.
If we had chosen leave he would have gone to talks wth a mandate that the EU wouldn't want to ignore. In the meantime his 'experts' could have started on a plan for brexit. We wouldn't be in this mess now, possibly!
It might have helped him if he'd had a better idea of what the British people wanted because he seemed clueless.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A 2nd Referendum on 09:23 - Dec 6 with 1251 viewssherpajacob

A 2nd Referendum on 21:02 - Dec 5 by Andy1300

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/671003/second-EU-referendum-Nigel-Farage

When it looked like remain would win, Farage was already on the case.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

A 2nd Referendum on 09:33 - Dec 6 with 1242 viewsCatullus

A 2nd Referendum on 09:23 - Dec 6 by sherpajacob

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/671003/second-EU-referendum-Nigel-Farage

When it looked like remain would win, Farage was already on the case.

farage could have kept on shouting but we would never have had another referendum and you know it. The establishment would never have taken the chance again, not unless remain won by a massive margin anyway.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

A 2nd Referendum on 09:50 - Dec 6 with 1237 viewssherpajacob

A 2nd Referendum on 09:18 - Dec 6 by Catullus

That's exactly what it asked stay or leave!!

What should have happened (in my obviously uneducated opinion) was Cameron should have had a pre- negotiation referendum and said we can choose to remain or leave....or go back and negotiate again but if unsuccesful then leave.
If we had chosen leave he would have gone to talks wth a mandate that the EU wouldn't want to ignore. In the meantime his 'experts' could have started on a plan for brexit. We wouldn't be in this mess now, possibly!
It might have helped him if he'd had a better idea of what the British people wanted because he seemed clueless.

How about those who campaigned for leave, like Davis and Fox, having some sort of coherent plan to implement leaving?

A 2nd Referendum on 09:55 - Dec 6 with 1233 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 09:50 - Dec 6 by sherpajacob

How about those who campaigned for leave, like Davis and Fox, having some sort of coherent plan to implement leaving?

You’re just being silly now.
A 2nd Referendum on 10:02 - Dec 6 with 1225 viewsJango

A 2nd Referendum on 09:50 - Dec 6 by sherpajacob

You still seem to be struggling with the fact that Theresa May has pulled the strings from the get go. You may not like that but it’s pretty obvious to those who are not blinded by bitterness.
A 2nd Referendum on 10:04 - Dec 6 with 1223 viewsWarwickHunt

A 2nd Referendum on 10:02 - Dec 6 by Jango

You still seem to be struggling with the fact that Theresa May has pulled the strings from the get go. You may not like that but it’s pretty obvious to those who are not blinded by bitterness.

She didn’t have a plan either.
A 2nd Referendum on 10:24 - Dec 6 with 1211 viewsHighjack

A 2nd Referendum on 10:04 - Dec 6 by WarwickHunt

Yes she did. Keep us in at all costs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A 2nd Referendum on 10:51 - Dec 6 with 1191 viewsBatterseajack

A 2nd Referendum on 10:24 - Dec 6 by Highjack

Yes she did. Keep us in at all costs.

You really think that?

She's going for an orderly Brexit. Her backstop is purely there to be implemented if the UK and EU haven't finalised a future trading agreement after the transition period. If you bothered to read Camerons booklet, after the bit you took as gospel (once in a generation vote), it said that a Canada style deal could take up to 7 years. TM's solution is to stop people losing jobs whilst this gets negotiated.

Leavers conspiracies seem to be the final hurdle for Brexit to actually happen.

No deal won't happen now.
A 2nd Referendum on 11:04 - Dec 6 with 1175 viewssherpajacob

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1070605855907831808

How did that go Dave?

A 2nd Referendum on 11:08 - Dec 6 with 1166 viewsHighjack

A 2nd Referendum on 10:51 - Dec 6 by Batterseajack

You really think that?

She's going for an orderly Brexit. Her backstop is purely there to be implemented if the UK and EU haven't finalised a future trading agreement after the transition period. If you bothered to read Camerons booklet, after the bit you took as gospel (once in a generation vote), it said that a Canada style deal could take up to 7 years. TM's solution is to stop people losing jobs whilst this gets negotiated.

Leavers conspiracies seem to be the final hurdle for Brexit to actually happen.

No deal won't happen now.

This deal won’t happen. No deal won’t happen. There is no chance of another deal. It is utterly inevitable that the 2016 vote will be ignored and overturned. There has been no genuine attempt to leave the European Union as everybody involved are hardcore europhiles and members of bolder beef.

Edit: meant to be Bilderberg. Bloody auto correct.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 11:09]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A 2nd Referendum on 11:10 - Dec 6 with 1162 viewsbluey_the_blue

A 2nd Referendum on 11:08 - Dec 6 by Highjack

This deal won’t happen. No deal won’t happen. There is no chance of another deal. It is utterly inevitable that the 2016 vote will be ignored and overturned. There has been no genuine attempt to leave the European Union as everybody involved are hardcore europhiles and members of bolder beef.

Edit: meant to be Bilderberg. Bloody auto correct.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 11:09]

This deal will be voted down.

No deal will happen as can't see negotiations coming up with anything better.

No second referendum which would be loaded in favour of remain; people seem to want options like Remain, Leave ( Norway ), Leave ( Canada ), Leave ( No deal ) etc. That simply fragments the Leave vote meaning Remain will in - after all, only one type Remain, loads of Leave options...
A 2nd Referendum on 11:26 - Dec 6 with 1152 viewsunion_jack

In one way, I'd welcome ref2 but I'm not sure if that the decision of our ongoing relationship with or without the EU should rest with the people (it shouldn't have done in the first place imo).

Am I right in thinking that Oarliament itself can take the decision?

Yes, of course this flies in the face of democracy (as indeed does a ref2) but this situation we have found ourselves needs extraordinary measures for the best of our country going forward.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

A 2nd Referendum on 11:39 - Dec 6 with 1139 viewsBatterseajack

A 2nd Referendum on 11:10 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

This deal will be voted down.

No deal will happen as can't see negotiations coming up with anything better.

No second referendum which would be loaded in favour of remain; people seem to want options like Remain, Leave ( Norway ), Leave ( Canada ), Leave ( No deal ) etc. That simply fragments the Leave vote meaning Remain will in - after all, only one type Remain, loads of Leave options...

Is it remains fault that there are 3 (or more) types of Brexit?
A 2nd Referendum on 11:51 - Dec 6 with 1132 viewssherpajacob

A 2nd Referendum on 11:26 - Dec 6 by union_jack

In one way, I'd welcome ref2 but I'm not sure if that the decision of our ongoing relationship with or without the EU should rest with the people (it shouldn't have done in the first place imo).

Am I right in thinking that Oarliament itself can take the decision?

Yes, of course this flies in the face of democracy (as indeed does a ref2) but this situation we have found ourselves needs extraordinary measures for the best of our country going forward.

I don't think Parliamentary sovereignty flies in the face of democracy. It is our democracy and is what leavers have been saying they want restored.

Guess what, we always had it.

A 2nd Referendum on 12:06 - Dec 6 with 1127 viewsCatullus

A 2nd Referendum on 10:04 - Dec 6 by WarwickHunt

You're right. There was no plan on any side because they all thought we'd vote to remain. They'd never considered a leave victory.

A 2nd Referendum on 12:46 - Dec 6 with 1105 viewslonglostjack

A 2nd Referendum on 11:51 - Dec 6 by sherpajacob

I don't think Parliamentary sovereignty flies in the face of democracy. It is our democracy and is what leavers have been saying they want restored.

Guess what, we always had it.

Exactly. Parliament has been doing what it's supposed to do and doing it well.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024