Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheese and tipples 14:32 - Dec 1 with 1282 viewsdickythorpe

I like strong mature cheese like that Little Black Bomber that Snowdonia's cheese do. I like it with Gower Gold.
Also like their Bouncing Berry (Wensleydale with cranberry) and port.

Cheese and tipples on 18:48 - Dec 1 with 1230 viewsDyfnant

The only good cheese is on toast, partial to a bottle of port though. Ruby atm

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Cheese and tipples on 20:27 - Dec 2 with 1145 viewsProfessor

Dicky- I reckon you would enjoy “Red Fox’ the extra mature Red Leicester. Strong and nutty, quite different to a Cheddar. Seems to be available pretty widely up here. Worth a try
Cheese and tipples on 21:02 - Dec 2 with 1133 viewsScottishEddie

I haf some Cathedral City with Silverskin pickles last night as it goes.

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Cheese and tipples on 22:16 - Dec 2 with 1097 viewslonglostjack

Nice mature Caerphilly with a full bodied red wine. Pickles give me indigestion.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cheese and tipples on 22:48 - Dec 2 with 1081 viewsswan65split

Little Black Bomber is fab , Snowdonia cheeses are a must do in our house, personally I love a real mature cheese, with a cut up apple or with crackers and a nice glass of wine.

Dreams later on can be a bit mysterious!
Cheese and tipples on 22:57 - Dec 2 with 1077 viewsDJack

Cheese and tipples on 22:16 - Dec 2 by longlostjack

Nice mature Caerphilly with a full bodied red wine. Pickles give me indigestion.

Eric or silverskin?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Cheese and tipples on 23:12 - Dec 2 with 1073 viewsBrynCartwright

Cheese and tipples on 22:48 - Dec 2 by swan65split

Little Black Bomber is fab , Snowdonia cheeses are a must do in our house, personally I love a real mature cheese, with a cut up apple or with crackers and a nice glass of wine.

Dreams later on can be a bit mysterious!

Had Cornish Blue cheese on a burger in a restaurant in St Ives a few years back, and I swear, my dreams that night were like an LSD trip. Awesome tripping dreams from blue cheese. They were so vivid the next morning I was convinced I had the structure for a brilliant new novel....and then I immediately forgot it of course.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Cheese and tipples on 00:05 - Dec 3 with 1057 viewslonglostjack

Cheese and tipples on 22:57 - Dec 2 by DJack

Eric or silverskin?

Silverskin don’t make me feel nauseous I only get indigestion. Eric on the other hand ....

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Cheese and tipples on 12:53 - Dec 3 with 996 viewsLord_Bony

Cheese and tipples on 23:12 - Dec 2 by BrynCartwright

Had Cornish Blue cheese on a burger in a restaurant in St Ives a few years back, and I swear, my dreams that night were like an LSD trip. Awesome tripping dreams from blue cheese. They were so vivid the next morning I was convinced I had the structure for a brilliant new novel....and then I immediately forgot it of course.

Forget the mushies.

This is where it's at lads. Salvador Dali swore by it.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Cheese and tipples on 13:11 - Dec 3 with 978 viewsswanjackal

Cheese and tipples on 12:53 - Dec 3 by Lord_Bony

Forget the mushies.

This is where it's at lads. Salvador Dali swore by it.

I wouldn't take culinary tips from a man who was said to have jizzed on a saucer with his pal George Melly, then proceeded to, in George's words "lap it up like a kitten". Avoid his sour cream surprise recipe it seems.

(Note: I am talking about Dali, and not Lord Bony btw)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Cheese and tipples on 13:22 - Dec 3 with 965 viewsLord_Bony

Cheese and tipples on 13:11 - Dec 3 by swanjackal

I wouldn't take culinary tips from a man who was said to have jizzed on a saucer with his pal George Melly, then proceeded to, in George's words "lap it up like a kitten". Avoid his sour cream surprise recipe it seems.

(Note: I am talking about Dali, and not Lord Bony btw)

Thank goodness.

It's a fine line between genius and madness.

Dali was the perfect example

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Cheese and tipples on 20:27 - Dec 3 with 905 viewsdickythorpe

Cheese and tipples on 20:27 - Dec 2 by Professor

Dicky- I reckon you would enjoy “Red Fox’ the extra mature Red Leicester. Strong and nutty, quite different to a Cheddar. Seems to be available pretty widely up here. Worth a try

Showdown do a "Red storm" which is an mature Red Leicester, it's very creamy in taste and totally different to normal Red Leicester.
Cheese and tipples on 07:50 - Dec 4 with 849 viewswaynekerr55

Cheese and tipples on 20:27 - Dec 3 by dickythorpe

Showdown do a "Red storm" which is an mature Red Leicester, it's very creamy in taste and totally different to normal Red Leicester.

I like a bit of Brie myself. Will no doubt indulge in some over the break and make some PANNINIS with my machine purchased from Aldi

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cheese and tipples on 10:52 - Dec 4 with 816 viewsProfessor

Cheese and tipples on 20:27 - Dec 3 by dickythorpe

The Red Fox is creamy but a bit punchier than the Snowdonia one. Quite like the Snowdonia with the picked onion in it. The Liverpool Cheese Company come to the market here (Neston) about once a month. They normally carry about 100 cheeses on the stall, the majority British and usually around 20 from Wales. Great chance to try new cheeses and get some Welsh Sourdough bread and "Southern US" -style cakes and empanadas from a jolly texan lady. The usual rubbish is sold too, but some great produce from Wirral, Cheshire and North Wales too.
Cheese and tipples on 14:09 - Dec 4 with 779 viewsWxmJax

Sainsbury's Gorgonzola Dolce cheese is very creamy, down to £2 at the moment as well. Aldi's Berton Valley botrytis semillon goes down well with blue cheeses as well.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024