Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paris - The City of Love 14:48 - Dec 1 with 5379 viewsHighjack

Been watching this on and off this morning.

It's mad what's happening over there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Paris - The City of Love on 17:31 - Dec 1 with 2885 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fair play to the French. They know how to protest.

Poll: Tory leader

Paris - The City of Love on 18:00 - Dec 1 with 2856 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Paris - The City of Love on 17:31 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

My favourite is the farmers blocking the peripherique with their tractors.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 9:52]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Paris - The City of Love on 19:05 - Dec 1 with 2820 viewsCatullus

Macron is claiming the tax is about protecting the environment, I bet he takes the official airplane regularly though, as they all do (these 'world leaders') when they fly thousands of miles and stay at expensive hotels to discuss these matters. Hypocrites all of them.
They tax the worst off to the hilt but the rich are hardly affected by these taxes and their flash accountants usually save them from paying their full dues anyway. They avoid more in tax than most of us pay.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Paris - The City of Love on 07:32 - Dec 3 with 2632 viewsbyron

Paris - The City of Love on 17:31 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

Exactly, they don’t take any s h I t off the government there. We used to be like this but dont have the underbelly of people up for it anymore. Not since the poll tax riots in 1992 was it? Trains, fuel, gas, council tax keep going up and we just do nothing.

Benny

Paris - The City of Love on 10:45 - Dec 3 with 2572 viewsHighjack

Paris - The City of Love on 07:32 - Dec 3 by byron

Exactly, they don’t take any s h I t off the government there. We used to be like this but dont have the underbelly of people up for it anymore. Not since the poll tax riots in 1992 was it? Trains, fuel, gas, council tax keep going up and we just do nothing.

58p of every litre is duty then you get stung for V.A.T (yet another wonderful thing brought to us by our European chums) at 20%

Something needs to be done, it's completely out of control.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Paris - The City of Love on 11:50 - Dec 3 with 2560 viewsBatterseajack

Paris - The City of Love on 10:45 - Dec 3 by Highjack

58p of every litre is duty then you get stung for V.A.T (yet another wonderful thing brought to us by our European chums) at 20%

Minimum EU rate is 15%, but we're on 20%.

Brexiteer: Its the EUs fault our VAT is so high! We're not sovereign anymore!!
Paris - The City of Love on 12:05 - Dec 3 with 2549 viewsHighjack

Paris - The City of Love on 11:50 - Dec 3 by Batterseajack

Minimum EU rate is 15%, but we're on 20%.

Brexiteer: Its the EUs fault our VAT is so high! We're not sovereign anymore!!

Well VAT went up to 20% in order to comply with the EU spending rules so you might be right there, but this thread is about the protests in Paris and Brussels.

It appears they are close to declaring a state of emergency.

Paris - The City of Love on 12:11 - Dec 3 with 2547 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Paris - The City of Love on 10:45 - Dec 3 by Highjack

Petrol stations should be renamed tax stations.

Login to get fewer ads

Paris - The City of Love on 12:19 - Dec 3 with 2539 viewsHighjack

Paris - The City of Love on 12:11 - Dec 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

Taxeco garages.

Paris - The City of Love on 12:51 - Dec 3 with 2522 viewsbyron

Paris - The City of Love on 12:11 - Dec 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

And pubs...😂

The sooner we don’t need petrol to run cars the better, same goes for gas with boilers

Benny

Paris - The City of Love on 12:53 - Dec 3 with 2516 viewsDJack

Paris - The City of Love on 12:51 - Dec 3 by byron

And pubs...😂

The sooner we don’t need petrol to run cars the better, same goes for gas with boilers

Then they will tax us (heavily) elsewhere...The government can't afford to lose such a large revenue stream.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Paris - The City of Love on 14:13 - Dec 3 with 2479 viewsHighjack

Paris - The City of Love on 12:53 - Dec 3 by DJack

Then they will tax us (heavily) elsewhere...The government can't afford to lose such a large revenue stream.

Very true. Them Middle Eastern types won’t bomb themselves.

Paris - The City of Love on 18:03 - Dec 3 with 2438 viewsPegojack

I'm in France at the moment, on my way home from the trip up to Holland to see the Jan Akkerman concert. In Aigues Mortes on the med coast tonight.
The yellow jackets have saved me serious money on this trip. They've taken over many motorway exit toll booths and are cheerfully waving motorists through as they come off the motorway. Un petit cadeau pour vous, said the smiling lady in the gilet jaune as she took my ticket. It was just before Nimes and I got it at Lyon, so about 30 euros worth. The authorities won't stand this for long. I raise my pastis in salute to them and all YJBs!

Vive la revolution!
Paris - The City of Love on 18:32 - Dec 3 with 2410 viewsHighjack

Paris - The City of Love on 18:03 - Dec 3 by Pegojack

I'm in France at the moment, on my way home from the trip up to Holland to see the Jan Akkerman concert. In Aigues Mortes on the med coast tonight.
The yellow jackets have saved me serious money on this trip. They've taken over many motorway exit toll booths and are cheerfully waving motorists through as they come off the motorway. Un petit cadeau pour vous, said the smiling lady in the gilet jaune as she took my ticket. It was just before Nimes and I got it at Lyon, so about 30 euros worth. The authorities won't stand this for long. I raise my pastis in salute to them and all YJBs!

Vive la revolution!

Sounds fantastic. At last some proper affirmative action. We need it so much here but all we can muster is constant meaningless half hearted middle class banner waving seshes in London.

Paris - The City of Love on 19:51 - Dec 3 with 2373 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Paris - The City of Love on 18:03 - Dec 3 by Pegojack

Vive la revolution!

I do admire the French preference for direct action. it will be interesting to see if you any response, over here there would be ANPR and you'd get a summons.

Paris - The City of Love on 20:12 - Dec 3 with 2358 viewsPegojack

Paris - The City of Love on 19:51 - Dec 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

I do admire the French preference for direct action. it will be interesting to see if you any response, over here there would be ANPR and you'd get a summons.

Think you missed a word or two out there. What's ANPR.

The serious side of all this is that the arrogant pr*ck Macron decided just to impose this huge tax increase on the country with no concensus. We're not just talking about swinging increases in fuel.
It has a knock on effect on everything else. I can't believe how expensive everything is in France these days. Food has gone through the roof.
Macron will pay the political price. The interesting question is, will left or right benefit politically?
Paris - The City of Love on 22:12 - Dec 3 with 2316 viewsmajorraglan

Paris - The City of Love on 20:12 - Dec 3 by Pegojack

Think you missed a word or two out there. What's ANPR.

The serious side of all this is that the arrogant pr*ck Macron decided just to impose this huge tax increase on the country with no concensus. We're not just talking about swinging increases in fuel.
It has a knock on effect on everything else. I can't believe how expensive everything is in France these days. Food has gone through the roof.
Macron will pay the political price. The interesting question is, will left or right benefit politically?

Automatic number plate recognition. We were in France 2 summers ago, we went shopping in a Carrefour on the way to our digs and I couldn’t believe how expensive it was, Radio rental!

A beer was anything between €4 and €7, contrast that to Spain where it was between €1 and €2.50, I won’t be going to France again in a rush. Diesel though was fairly cheap compared to the U.K. and given the distances between towns and cities you can see why. If he hasn’t already, Macron will pay the price if he cheeses the voters off.
It’s the same over here, if the government have a slender majority or are part of a coalition, then they are very sensitive to the views of the voters, it’s why we haven’t had an increase in fuel duty for a while. If they have a huge majority, they don’t care until an election approaches when they try to buy the voters off with a tax cut! Macron could feelthe boters wrath next time out
Paris - The City of Love on 13:54 - Dec 7 with 2179 viewsJack_Meoff

If these scenes were occurring around 3000 miles east the US would be gearing up to deliver some seriously explosive democracy right about now. Funny old world.

[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 14:20]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Paris - The City of Love on 17:17 - Dec 7 with 2144 viewspencoedjack

Off subject but in context of the OP proposed to Mrs PJ in Paris ( under the Eiffel Tower)
Paris - The City of Love on 17:34 - Dec 7 with 2137 viewsLeonWasGod

Paris - The City of Love on 12:51 - Dec 3 by byron

And pubs...😂

We don't need petrol to run cars, but the people who sell us petrol seem to spend a LOT of money on private universities (in the US), think tanks and lobby groups to spread fake anti-environment, anti-establishment, low-tax, messages and get us to vote for the parties that will give these multi-billionaires the freedom to operate as they wish.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2018 17:35]
Paris - The City of Love on 10:12 - Dec 8 with 2054 viewsHighjack

Paris - The City of Love on 17:17 - Dec 7 by pencoedjack

Off subject but in context of the OP proposed to Mrs PJ in Paris ( under the Eiffel Tower)

Wouldn’t even pay the 15 Francs to propose to her up the top you tight git!

Paris - The City of Love on 10:40 - Dec 8 with 2044 viewsLoyal

Paris - The City of Love on 14:13 - Dec 3 by Highjack

Very true. Them Middle Eastern types won’t bomb themselves.

You may be on to something ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Paris - The City of Love on 10:43 - Dec 8 with 2043 viewsJack_Meoff

Paris - The City of Love on 17:34 - Dec 7 by LeonWasGod

We don't need petrol to run cars, but the people who sell us petrol seem to spend a LOT of money on private universities (in the US), think tanks and lobby groups to spread fake anti-environment, anti-establishment, low-tax, messages and get us to vote for the parties that will give these multi-billionaires the freedom to operate as they wish.

Want any tinfoil Leon?

Expanding on your comment, here's a heartwarming tale about how those altruistic Rockerfellers ensured the evolution of humanity...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Paris - The City of Love on 11:02 - Dec 8 with 2026 viewsHighjack

Paris - The City of Love on 17:34 - Dec 7 by LeonWasGod

As it stands the combustion engine remains the only viable option for most. Electric cars are the future but they come with their own issues . Very expensive at the moment, lithium relatively rare on earth.

In fairness petrol is actually quite cheap on its own, we don’t think twice about buying a bottle of water in the shop for about 80p a litre, or paying a fiver for a couple of cans of beer. It’s the excessive amount of tax we pay that makes it over twice as expensive as it should be that’s the criminal bit.

Paris - The City of Love on 11:04 - Dec 8 with 2025 viewsLeonWasGod

Paris - The City of Love on 10:43 - Dec 8 by Jack_Meoff

Want any tinfoil Leon?

Expanding on your comment, here's a heartwarming tale about how those altruistic Rockerfellers ensured the evolution of humanity...

Lol, yep it would sound completely bonkers if we didn’t know it had been going on for best part of 200 yrs. I haven’t watched that film, but I imagine the tactics today aren’t too dissimilar- I’ll have a look when I get the chance 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024