Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Week Was Needed 18:58 - Dec 1 with 7240 viewsTheKirkyLife

Good for perspective. Our team isn't the finished article and neither is Mr. Potter.

I think he's dug this hole himself to be fair. An unsettled starting eleven, a keeper who has been robbed of all his confidence following the most ridiculous benching I've seen in all my years as a Swans fan and an absurd determination to be consistent in remaining inconsistent.

Am I panicking? No.

We're sure to make more moves in January both ways and I feel like a consolidation year was needed. Would I like to have been back in the Premier League after one season? Of course I would. Then again the heart of our squad was sold at the county market in Summer - we wouldn't survive more than a year.

We were on the scoresheet in some way in all three matches so it's not like we went down without a fight. Another positive to take is that we were honestly the architects of our own undoing vs Norwich and West Brom. If we had drawn those two games and lost against Derby we'd only be two points better off but I bet people would be a lot happier than what they are now.

Rather than point fingers, let's remember what these guys have done in the Swansea name so far this season. Not been this proud to support the club since Monk's Wonder Year. YJB.
This Week Was Needed on 20:45 - Dec 1 with 3692 viewsKilkennyjack

I thought Monk ruined our famous attractive style.

This team is Huw doing things on the cheap, dressed up as giving younsters a go. Dont let him get away with it.

We are also paying proven players, whilst chosing not to play them. Why ?
Lets hope we dont all regret this short sighted and stupid decision.

Beware of the Risen People

This Week Was Needed on 21:17 - Dec 1 with 3636 viewsCroftyjack

This Week Was Needed on 20:45 - Dec 1 by Kilkennyjack

I thought Monk ruined our famous attractive style.

This team is Huw doing things on the cheap, dressed up as giving younsters a go. Dont let him get away with it.

We are also paying proven players, whilst chosing not to play them. Why ?
Lets hope we dont all regret this short sighted and stupid decision.

Understand what you mean as kills the Billy big bollox attitude but it's not as easy as clicking the fingers and reset back to being good again.
This Week Was Needed on 21:32 - Dec 1 with 3597 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"I think he's dug this hole himself to be fair. An unsettled starting eleven, a keeper who has been robbed of all his confidence following the most ridiculous benching I've seen in all my years as a Swans fan and an absurd determination to be consistent in remaining inconsistent. "
Robbed of all confidence is the worrying part.
Most of his youngsters he inherited from the U23s and they already played the old "Swansea Way" with quick attacking passes, high press and all playing for each other and they all new what they were doing.
They started out that way when they joined the 1st team, at this point that cohesion is no linger quite so obvious.
They have started suffering the way our teams of the past suffered with loss of basic skills like passing, trapping, leaving acres of space for the opposition, not defending set pieces, poor tackling and an apparent lack of fitness of some players (also like England against Iceland in the Euros).
Mr Potter needs to turn it around PDQ if he wants to prevent a real slide.
This Week Was Needed on 01:26 - Dec 2 with 3433 viewsbuilthjack

We are a lower half Championship team. Not Potters fault, as we have lower half Championship players. If you are going to blame anyone blame those tosspots who sold the club, and those fakers who bought it without a pot to pee in

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

This Week Was Needed on 01:43 - Dec 2 with 3422 viewsmajorraglan

This Week Was Needed on 01:26 - Dec 2 by builthjack

We are a lower half Championship team. Not Potters fault, as we have lower half Championship players. If you are going to blame anyone blame those tosspots who sold the club, and those fakers who bought it without a pot to pee in

I tend to agree. Ever so slghtly below mid table, Eight points off the play offs and eight points above the last relegation place. The team is capable of playing good football, but it is currently coming up short in a few areas. I can’t see much changing unless the club offloads the big earners which may free up resources for GP to strengthen his squad.
This Week Was Needed on 13:55 - Dec 2 with 3256 viewsvalleyboy

This Week Was Needed on 01:26 - Dec 2 by builthjack

Some reality at last

What I got to laugh about, is these posters that are critical of Potter in the way he picks the players and plays the game, never come out to say who they think would be a better manager

Potter has been given an impossible task created by the ones that sold their soul for the mighty dollar and for me can’t think of any manager that can do the job any better

That last sentence may be strange to posters that know me, as I have been critical of many managers in the past. But this time the situation is very much different and dire that hasn’t been the case for a long time

Myself I think Potter would have done an excellent job if he keeps Swansea in the Championship even if it’s one place above the bottom three
This Week Was Needed on 14:15 - Dec 2 with 3244 viewsvalleyboy

This Week Was Needed on 21:32 - Dec 1 by A_Fans_Dad

"I think he's dug this hole himself to be fair. An unsettled starting eleven, a keeper who has been robbed of all his confidence following the most ridiculous benching I've seen in all my years as a Swans fan and an absurd determination to be consistent in remaining inconsistent. "
Most of his youngsters he inherited from the U23s and they already played the old "Swansea Way" with quick attacking passes, high press and all playing for each other and they all new what they were doing.
They started out that way when they joined the 1st team, at this point that cohesion is no linger quite so obvious.
They have started suffering the way our teams of the past suffered with loss of basic skills like passing, trapping, leaving acres of space for the opposition, not defending set pieces, poor tackling and an apparent lack of fitness of some players (also like England against Iceland in the Euros).

Tell me “what hole as Potter dug for himself” then

Don’t tell me that you are that deluded that Swansea can be up there in or near the play offs, with the team at Potters disposal are you

One of the main reason that Swansea came down last season was that the mid field at best was piss poor and nothing has been to address with that problem

You can’t have a player like Fer anywhere near the squad, a player that only plays one good game in ten, but that is what Potter has got to put up with

Players that are inconsistent to say the best

In other words players that are not ready or even not good enough to play in the Championship

Swansea yesterday were playing with six or seven young or inexperience players. Most clubs would never think of playing that number all at once, but introduce them say one or two at a time

Mixed messages were coming out about the signing of Ryan Woods of Brentford in whether or not Swansea were in for him. But without a doubt it’s a player like him with Championship experience that’s more than ever needed right now

Look at the two goals yesterday which proves my point, as Wilson had all the time and space to plant those goals into the back of the net
This Week Was Needed on 14:32 - Dec 2 with 3219 viewsjackrmee

This Week Was Needed on 21:32 - Dec 1 by A_Fans_Dad

You're all talking as if Potter is a one trick pony who's only plan is to play "The Swansea Way".
He is much more than that and his tactics are complex. He isn't just putting players out and telling them to pass pass pass and play like you did in the u23s.
He's trying to get them to do more things, which is why it's not working seamlessly.
These u23s may not have what it takes to play how GP wants. They weren't on a plate and ready and waiting to fit in perfectly to a system we are going to play week in week out like you seem to suggest.

Players don't "lose basic skills like passing". That's confidence. It will return.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

This Week Was Needed on 15:10 - Dec 2 with 3193 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This Week Was Needed on 14:15 - Dec 2 by valleyboy

Tell me “what hole as Potter dug for himself” then

Don’t tell me that you are that deluded that Swansea can be up there in or near the play offs, with the team at Potters disposal are you

One of the main reason that Swansea came down last season was that the mid field at best was piss poor and nothing has been to address with that problem

You can’t have a player like Fer anywhere near the squad, a player that only plays one good game in ten, but that is what Potter has got to put up with

Players that are inconsistent to say the best

In other words players that are not ready or even not good enough to play in the Championship

Swansea yesterday were playing with six or seven young or inexperience players. Most clubs would never think of playing that number all at once, but introduce them say one or two at a time

Mixed messages were coming out about the signing of Ryan Woods of Brentford in whether or not Swansea were in for him. But without a doubt it’s a player like him with Championship experience that’s more than ever needed right now

Look at the two goals yesterday which proves my point, as Wilson had all the time and space to plant those goals into the back of the net

Sorry, I am not the one that said he dug a hole.
This Week Was Needed on 15:16 - Dec 2 with 3188 viewsvalleyboy

This Week Was Needed on 14:32 - Dec 2 by jackrmee

You're all talking as if Potter is a one trick pony who's only plan is to play "The Swansea Way".
He is much more than that and his tactics are complex. He isn't just putting players out and telling them to pass pass pass and play like you did in the u23s.
He's trying to get them to do more things, which is why it's not working seamlessly.
These u23s may not have what it takes to play how GP wants. They weren't on a plate and ready and waiting to fit in perfectly to a system we are going to play week in week out like you seem to suggest.

Players don't "lose basic skills like passing". That's confidence. It will return.

“The Swansea way”

High 60% or even low 70% and not even getting all three points

I’d rather watch paint dry

I would even go and say it was the demise of Swansea staying in the Premier League in that they never found an alternative way of playing

Opposing teams allowed Swansea to play this “go nowhere” type of football, but stopped them when it came to the last third of the pitch

Just watch this game on the box right now with both Arsenal and Spurs on roughly the same amount of possession, but what a difference in entertainment value.

Yes of course there were strange decisions made for manager, but it wasn’t down to all of that, but I would put it down to the type of football played in that Swansea never came up with a better/different type of football
This Week Was Needed on 15:17 - Dec 2 with 3183 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This Week Was Needed on 14:32 - Dec 2 by jackrmee

You seem to have missed the part that the Fan's early optimism was from the games at the beginning of the season, when the boys were playing exactly as they had been playing for the last 18 months to 2 years and winning.
So when we are playing well let's change it all up and wreck it does not sound like a good philosophy to me even if it does to you.
To try and introduce a 3 to 5 year program in 5 months is a bit steep.
We have to pray that he will eventually get it to work or if he can't then realises it is not working.
This Week Was Needed on 15:20 - Dec 2 with 3182 viewsvalleyboy

This Week Was Needed on 15:10 - Dec 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry, I am not the one that said he dug a hole.

Somebody posting in your name was it

4th posting down, someone has written “I think Potter has dug this hole for himself”

Strange
This Week Was Needed on 15:40 - Dec 2 with 3173 viewsjackrmee

This Week Was Needed on 15:17 - Dec 2 by A_Fans_Dad

You seem to have missed the part that the Fan's early optimism was from the games at the beginning of the season, when the boys were playing exactly as they had been playing for the last 18 months to 2 years and winning.
So when we are playing well let's change it all up and wreck it does not sound like a good philosophy to me even if it does to you.
To try and introduce a 3 to 5 year program in 5 months is a bit steep.
We have to pray that he will eventually get it to work or if he can't then realises it is not working.

"The boys were playing exactly the same as the last 18 months to 2 years"?
What. the drivvel that got us relegated? What the hell are you on about? The football was nothing like that. It was the same as it is now, trying new things.

"3 to 5 year program in 5 months"?
Again, what the hell are you talking about? If a program is going to take 5 years, it means it may take 5 years to learn and perfect it. It doesn't mean that you only implement some of it now and then wait until the 5th year to teach the players some other things.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

This Week Was Needed on 15:41 - Dec 2 with 3172 viewsjack247

This Week Was Needed on 15:16 - Dec 2 by valleyboy

“The Swansea way”

High 60% or even low 70% and not even getting all three points

I’d rather watch paint dry

I would even go and say it was the demise of Swansea staying in the Premier League in that they never found an alternative way of playing

Opposing teams allowed Swansea to play this “go nowhere” type of football, but stopped them when it came to the last third of the pitch

Just watch this game on the box right now with both Arsenal and Spurs on roughly the same amount of possession, but what a difference in entertainment value.

Yes of course there were strange decisions made for manager, but it wasn’t down to all of that, but I would put it down to the type of football played in that Swansea never came up with a better/different type of football

We did find an alternative way of playing. In fact it coincided with the start of our demise.

The ‘Swansea way’ was the football we played under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup. The stuff served up under Bradley, Clement and Carvahal was about as far from it as you could get.
This Week Was Needed on 00:02 - Dec 3 with 3082 viewsvalleyboy

This Week Was Needed on 15:41 - Dec 2 by jack247

We did find an alternative way of playing. In fact it coincided with the start of our demise.

The ‘Swansea way’ was the football we played under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup. The stuff served up under Bradley, Clement and Carvahal was about as far from it as you could get.

Cast your mind back when Garry Monk was in charge

The biggest criticism against Gary Monk by most oh here and on other forums was it was he that changed this so called Swansea way

Was it any coincidence that Swansea had their best season in the Premier League when he was first in charge and could it be because that he changed the way Swansea played

Yes he didn’t last long afterwards, but that was to do with “off the field activities” in where because of what happened he lost the dressing room for backing the chairman instead of standing up for one of his players

Watching Birmingham playing these days, I see that he seems to be playing a system he adopted at Swansea and looks like it’s paying off. Especially with the way Birmingham is climbing up the Championship table
This Week Was Needed on 00:45 - Dec 3 with 3064 viewsGlyn1

This Week Was Needed on 15:20 - Dec 2 by valleyboy

Somebody posting in your name was it

4th posting down, someone has written “I think Potter has dug this hole for himself”

Strange

Not strange at all. It was TheKirkyLife in the original post who wrote that Potter has dug a hole for himself. A fans Dad just quoted it, just like you did.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 0:52]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

This Week Was Needed on 05:58 - Dec 3 with 3008 viewsjack247

This Week Was Needed on 00:02 - Dec 3 by valleyboy

Cast your mind back when Garry Monk was in charge

The biggest criticism against Gary Monk by most oh here and on other forums was it was he that changed this so called Swansea way

Was it any coincidence that Swansea had their best season in the Premier League when he was first in charge and could it be because that he changed the way Swansea played

Yes he didn’t last long afterwards, but that was to do with “off the field activities” in where because of what happened he lost the dressing room for backing the chairman instead of standing up for one of his players

Watching Birmingham playing these days, I see that he seems to be playing a system he adopted at Swansea and looks like it’s paying off. Especially with the way Birmingham is climbing up the Championship table

Garry Monk did change the Swansea way.

Yes, he achieved our highest finish in his first season before he had the opportunity to really dismantle that squad and rebuild in his own mould.

He proceeded to get us playing shit, unimaginative, losing football and got sacked. We were then in a position where we didn’t have the players to play that style of football, we played identikit lower half PL football. When you don’t have a unique style, that players unwanted elsewhere can flourish with, it becomes more about finances. That’s eventually going to end in relegation as well as negative football for smaller PL teams.

Bringing the manager who started our PL demise into it only weakens your argument and how often do you watch Birmingham?
This Week Was Needed on 07:55 - Dec 3 with 2968 views34dfgdf54

This Week Was Needed on 05:58 - Dec 3 by jack247

Garry Monk did change the Swansea way.

Yes, he achieved our highest finish in his first season before he had the opportunity to really dismantle that squad and rebuild in his own mould.

He proceeded to get us playing shit, unimaginative, losing football and got sacked. We were then in a position where we didn’t have the players to play that style of football, we played identikit lower half PL football. When you don’t have a unique style, that players unwanted elsewhere can flourish with, it becomes more about finances. That’s eventually going to end in relegation as well as negative football for smaller PL teams.

Bringing the manager who started our PL demise into it only weakens your argument and how often do you watch Birmingham?

He said himself on Owain Tudur Jones podcast that he wanted to change the way we played as the "game had moved on".

Can't stand the tw*t.
This Week Was Needed on 09:15 - Dec 3 with 2936 viewsjack247

This Week Was Needed on 07:55 - Dec 3 by 34dfgdf54

He said himself on Owain Tudur Jones podcast that he wanted to change the way we played as the "game had moved on".

Can't stand the tw*t.

The man who started our on pitch decline. Seemed a really odd example to use when arguing against the kind of football we used to play.
This Week Was Needed on 09:39 - Dec 3 with 2923 viewsvalleyboy

This Week Was Needed on 09:15 - Dec 3 by jack247

The man who started our on pitch decline. Seemed a really odd example to use when arguing against the kind of football we used to play.

Well you had missed the key point in who had started to get the Swans to play differently

The Swansea way started by accident after a poor start in the Championship

Tell me why you think it came about
This Week Was Needed on 10:06 - Dec 3 with 2904 viewsjack247

This Week Was Needed on 09:39 - Dec 3 by valleyboy

Well you had missed the key point in who had started to get the Swans to play differently

The Swansea way started by accident after a poor start in the Championship

Tell me why you think it came about

It started under Martinez and Reeves before we reached the Championship.
This Week Was Needed on 10:07 - Dec 3 with 2901 viewsvalleyboy

This Week Was Needed on 09:15 - Dec 3 by jack247

You want to speak to Everton supporters about Martinez playing the “Swansea way” up there and see what they will tell you

Most will tell you that they could have fallen asleep for 15 minutes and wouldn't have missed a thing

Yes they then had Sam Allardyce afterwards and although he saved them from relegation, he went the same way because of his boring football

Most boring football in the history of football played at Goodison most will tell you and were glad to get rid of both of them

If ever you want to see in how football has moved on. Then watch teams in the top half of the Premier League this season and you will see that this “Swansea way” wouldn’t survive against them
This Week Was Needed on 10:15 - Dec 3 with 2897 viewsjack247

This Week Was Needed on 10:07 - Dec 3 by valleyboy

You want to speak to Everton supporters about Martinez playing the “Swansea way” up there and see what they will tell you

Most will tell you that they could have fallen asleep for 15 minutes and wouldn't have missed a thing

Yes they then had Sam Allardyce afterwards and although he saved them from relegation, he went the same way because of his boring football

Most boring football in the history of football played at Goodison most will tell you and were glad to get rid of both of them

If ever you want to see in how football has moved on. Then watch teams in the top half of the Premier League this season and you will see that this “Swansea way” wouldn’t survive against them

That’s utterly irrelevant. I’m not particularly fond of him as a man, but it’s undeniable that he started off our most successful period of the last 35 years, if not ever, playing that brand of football. Before we got to the Championship.

Without that, we’d quite likely never have left league one, but crack on if you want to put Garry Monk on a pedestal.
This Week Was Needed on 10:23 - Dec 3 with 2888 viewsWarwickHunt

This Week Was Needed on 10:07 - Dec 3 by valleyboy

Small skilful players keeping possession, passing and moving, playing triangles. That would never work...

If you want an example of dinosaur football in the PL, look no further than Mourinho's big lumps looking increasingly cumbersome each passing* week.

*did you see what I did there?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 10:45]
This Week Was Needed on 10:30 - Dec 3 with 2882 viewstheloneranger

This Week Was Needed on 10:23 - Dec 3 by WarwickHunt

Small skilful players keeping possession, passing and moving, playing triangles. That would never work...

If you want an example of dinosaur football in the PL, look no further than Mourinho's big lumps looking increasingly cumbersome each passing* week.

*did you see what I did there?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 10:45]

"passing* week"

That's a bit deep for a Monday morning 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024