Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recommended pubs in Brentford 19:04 - Dec 3 with 2475 viewsGlyn1

Please put your own recommendations below, because there are lots of excellent pubs in Brentford and Ealing.

The most important thing to note is that ALL pubs in Brentford are Away Fans Friendly, and I’ve personally confirmed with the bar staff in all of these places that they welcome Away Fans.

Also, the ground is only 3 miles from Fullers Brewery so most of these will be selling their beers.

Don’t plan to eat in any of the “4 corner pubs” because some of them don’t serve meals and all of them will be standing room only. The following would be better options.

If you arrive at Brentford Railway Station, there’s a large pleasant pub next door in Orchard Road called the King’s Arms. They have TVs showing sport. The landlady said that “away fans are very welcome”. There’s only one bitter (Fuller’s London Pride) but a wide range of lagers. Bar snacks only on Saturdays. This is also a B&B.

On leaving there’s a 5-minute walk to the next pub, walk up hill to the Great West Road, cross over and turn right and then left into Windmill Road to call in at The Globe (owned by Fullers). It’s an attractive pub that has Sky Sports on 4 large screens. One of the staff is a Swans fan (the ginger Irishman in his 20s) who said that “the meals are Vegan friendly and the pub is away fans friendly.”

From here it’s less than a minute’s walk to the Lord Nelson in Enfield Road. It’s another Fullers pub that serves meals and is a bit more hipster than the previous pubs, Louisiana Gumbo anyone? Real ales, craft beers, and one large screen. From here it’s a 5-minute walk to the ground.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 19:11]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 10:41 - Dec 4 with 2355 viewsowainglyndwr

H Glyn
Have you also tried the Coach & Hoses in Kew ?
Stayed there on a few occasions nice food and a good place to stay.
Near London Welsh RFC
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 12:50 - Dec 4 with 2315 viewsGlyn1

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 10:41 - Dec 4 by owainglyndwr

H Glyn
Have you also tried the Coach & Hoses in Kew ?
Stayed there on a few occasions nice food and a good place to stay.
Near London Welsh RFC

That's a good choice. And from there you can get the number 65 bus which goes past the ground.

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 12:59 - Dec 4 with 2303 viewsDr_Winston

A pint of large in the Flying Swan is apparently not to be missed...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 16:56 - Dec 4 with 2200 viewsCaptain_Sham

I should have put my post about the Griffin (in match thread) in here. I've never been to a friendlier away pub. I was there on my own all night , wearing a Swans top and I can say I have had few better nights. I don't know if its still open but I would heartily recommend it if it is.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 16:57]

Its just a ride.

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 13:13 - Dec 5 with 2064 viewsswitchingcode

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 16:56 - Dec 4 by Captain_Sham

I should have put my post about the Griffin (in match thread) in here. I've never been to a friendlier away pub. I was there on my own all night , wearing a Swans top and I can say I have had few better nights. I don't know if its still open but I would heartily recommend it if it is.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 16:57]

The Griffin is still open and away fan friendly and literally 50 yards from away end.Also serves burgers in the beer garden.
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 13:15 - Dec 5 with 2057 viewsFireboy2

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 13:13 - Dec 5 by switchingcode

The Griffin is still open and away fan friendly and literally 50 yards from away end.Also serves burgers in the beer garden.

Lovely

My eldest will be happy
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 13:56 - Dec 5 with 2037 viewsswitchingcode

Doh just replied on the other thread 👍
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 14:51 - Dec 5 with 2006 viewsFireboy2

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 13:56 - Dec 5 by switchingcode

Doh just replied on the other thread 👍

Not a problem,as long as the travelling fans get the good news that you are spreading

And my eldest is a boy btw
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 14:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 14:58 - Dec 5 with 1997 viewsPJackArmy

Nobody has mentioned the new inn which is seen as the main away pub out of the 4 corner pubs

The new inn and the griffin each side of the away end will be the places to end up
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 14:59]
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 15:12 - Dec 5 with 1974 viewsswitchingcode

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 14:51 - Dec 5 by Fireboy2

Not a problem,as long as the travelling fans get the good news that you are spreading

🙁
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 15:14 - Dec 5 with 1972 viewsswitchingcode

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 14:58 - Dec 5 by PJackArmy

Nobody has mentioned the new inn which is seen as the main away pub out of the 4 corner pubs

The new inn and the griffin each side of the away end will be the places to end up
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 14:59]

The Royal Oak and The Griffin are either side of away end The New inn is fine and better than the Royal Oak and is a big Irish pub.
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 12:55 - Dec 6 with 1776 viewsAguycalledJack

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 15:14 - Dec 5 by switchingcode

The Royal Oak and The Griffin are either side of away end The New inn is fine and better than the Royal Oak and is a big Irish pub.

anybody know of a pub up there that does decent grub and is child friendly? got a 7 year old with us on this trip.
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 17:54 - Dec 6 with 1715 viewsGlyn1

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 12:55 - Dec 6 by AguycalledJack

anybody know of a pub up there that does decent grub and is child friendly? got a 7 year old with us on this trip.

I'd suggest either the Rose & Crown near South Ealing Underground Station, or alternatively the Moon Under Water (Wetherspoons) near Hounslow Central Underground Station. You'll need to check with them so I'll send you a Private Message with their contact details.

The Rose and Crown has paid car parking nearby, and afterwards you can get a number 65 bus to the stadium, or else it's a 15 minute walk downhill.

The Moon is the best Wetherspoons I've ever been in, and it's often used by Welsh rugby fans when there's a match at Twickenham. There are 2 multi-story car parks nearby, and you can catch a bus to Brentford High Street and then follow everyone else (Bus number 235 or 237). Or take the underground to South Ealing station (12 minutes) and catch the number 65 bus as previously mentioned.

By the way Walpole Park, Ealing has a playground if your 7 year old needs a break after the long journey to get there.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 19:30]

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 20:06 - Dec 6 with 1658 viewsAguycalledJack

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 17:54 - Dec 6 by Glyn1

I'd suggest either the Rose & Crown near South Ealing Underground Station, or alternatively the Moon Under Water (Wetherspoons) near Hounslow Central Underground Station. You'll need to check with them so I'll send you a Private Message with their contact details.

The Rose and Crown has paid car parking nearby, and afterwards you can get a number 65 bus to the stadium, or else it's a 15 minute walk downhill.

The Moon is the best Wetherspoons I've ever been in, and it's often used by Welsh rugby fans when there's a match at Twickenham. There are 2 multi-story car parks nearby, and you can catch a bus to Brentford High Street and then follow everyone else (Bus number 235 or 237). Or take the underground to South Ealing station (12 minutes) and catch the number 65 bus as previously mentioned.

By the way Walpole Park, Ealing has a playground if your 7 year old needs a break after the long journey to get there.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2018 19:30]

👍
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 20:28 - Dec 6 with 1628 viewspencoedjack

Thanks all 👍

Looking forward to this trip.
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 21:23 - Dec 6 with 1594 views34dfgdf54

About 7 of us off in the Griffin, will be there for 11:30

See you all there, can’t wait to stand on the terracing again, first time since Rovers away in pre season a few seasons back.
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 21:30 - Dec 6 with 1585 viewspencoedjack

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 21:23 - Dec 6 by 34dfgdf54

About 7 of us off in the Griffin, will be there for 11:30

See you all there, can’t wait to stand on the terracing again, first time since Rovers away in pre season a few seasons back.

I’ll buy you a pint fella.
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 21:58 - Dec 6 with 1576 viewsbuilthjack

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 14:51 - Dec 5 by Fireboy2

enjoy your day, its a bugger missing this one

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 22:08 - Dec 6 with 1568 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wow, sorry I am not going. What a fine away trip this one sounds. Enjoy all.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 22:51 - Dec 6 with 1543 viewsFireboy2

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 21:58 - Dec 6 by builthjack

enjoy your day, its a bugger missing this one

Cheers matey,we will both be tired boys as we are getting the 06.28 from wigan

But it will all be worth it

Ps hope your mam is well
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 13:59 - Dec 8 with 1371 viewsGlyn1

I'm at The Globe, the Swansea supporting barman is wearing a Swans shirt (the maroon one) - I doubt if the equivalent would happen in Swansea but hopefully I'm wrong. Two stunning blonde bar staff wearing Brentford shirts.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 14:03]

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 21:49 - Dec 8 with 1240 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Thanks for recommending the globe good meal and sat with very friendly Brentford supporters.

I can confirm all comments about the barmaids.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Recommended pubs in Brentford on 23:09 - Dec 8 with 1165 viewscontroversial_jack

Went to the New Inn and it was great. Small place from the outside, but like the Tardis when going inside. Despite being packed, there were 6 ladies serving at any one time.Got served in no time, nice pint of Estrella, although London prices.

Very friendly pub, Brentford fans being among the nicest and friendliest i have met. I just hope the rumours about Swans fans causing problems after the game isn't true.

Probably the best away trip of all if you want to go up and back in a day.
Recommended pubs in Brentford on 10:59 - Dec 9 with 1029 viewsFireboy2

Went to the kings arms just to the right of brentford station

Get there about 12.15 where we met aload of jacks and waa that good we stayed until 2.30

Some good ales and basic food

Friendly landlady and locals

Definitely recommended if we go back
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024