Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread 01:30 - Dec 4 with 28090 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 14:25]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:16 - Dec 4 with 7040 viewsProfessor

Enjoy if you are going-have a pint of ESB or perhaps even on of their "Winter Warmer' brews for me. Griffin Park is a great trip.
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 12:33 - Dec 4 with 7005 viewskarnataka

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:16 - Dec 4 by Professor

Enjoy if you are going-have a pint of ESB or perhaps even on of their "Winter Warmer' brews for me. Griffin Park is a great trip.

I remember seeing John Hughes getting sent off there after about 2 minutes - a long time ago, nearly 30 years ago I reckon.
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 12:47 - Dec 4 with 6995 viewsProfessor

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 12:33 - Dec 4 by karnataka

I remember seeing John Hughes getting sent off there after about 2 minutes - a long time ago, nearly 30 years ago I reckon.

I would guess so. I think it was '88 or '89 we signed him, Chalmers and Keith (Sky) Walker. Always remember Radio Wales referring to John as the 'Burly figure of John Hughes, who gave up his career as a painter and decorator to sign for the Swans'.

I remember Keith Walker having a stormer there is the mid 90s in a 0-0 draw. Never seen player laugh as much as he did to the chant of "Scotland's Centre Half" that day. I liked both Hughes and Walker. Never rated Chalmers though
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:17 - Dec 4 with 6975 viewsAguycalledJack

Cant wait.

First away game of the season.

1-2 swans.
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:43 - Dec 4 with 6954 viewskarnataka

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 12:47 - Dec 4 by Professor

I would guess so. I think it was '88 or '89 we signed him, Chalmers and Keith (Sky) Walker. Always remember Radio Wales referring to John as the 'Burly figure of John Hughes, who gave up his career as a painter and decorator to sign for the Swans'.

I remember Keith Walker having a stormer there is the mid 90s in a 0-0 draw. Never seen player laugh as much as he did to the chant of "Scotland's Centre Half" that day. I liked both Hughes and Walker. Never rated Chalmers though

Thanks Prof, that's pinpointed it. I remember reading about us signing three players in a newspaper while lying on a lilo in the middle of a pool in Lanzarote, first ever holiday with the woman I later married and would have been Oct or Nov 89. Funny though, my recollection was that Mark Harris was one of the three or did we just sign him around that time?
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:50 - Dec 4 with 6947 viewsProfessor

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:43 - Dec 4 by karnataka

Thanks Prof, that's pinpointed it. I remember reading about us signing three players in a newspaper while lying on a lilo in the middle of a pool in Lanzarote, first ever holiday with the woman I later married and would have been Oct or Nov 89. Funny though, my recollection was that Mark Harris was one of the three or did we just sign him around that time?

It was a triple swoop for the Scottish players-I was in University and remember reading it on the underground (Northern Line) in a copy of the Evening Post that a housemate had. (sounds bizarre but true). I guess we signed Mark Harris around the same time. Shame John Hughes did not settle down here (I believe his wife wanted to go back to Scotland). Walker came as a midfielder but formed a good partnership with Harris in the end. Chalmers just ran around a bit I recall.
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:31 - Dec 4 with 6901 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:17 - Dec 4 by AguycalledJack

Cant wait.

First away game of the season.

1-2 swans.

A win may be tough, they played really well against WBA last night getting an away draw, but did loose one of their best players Emiliano Marcondes to a bad injury.
So a draw may be more realistic.
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:52 - Dec 4 with 6909 viewsjasper_T

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:31 - Dec 4 by A_Fans_Dad

A win may be tough, they played really well against WBA last night getting an away draw, but did loose one of their best players Emiliano Marcondes to a bad injury.
So a draw may be more realistic.

I didn't see the second half but West Brom should have been 2 or 3 to the good by then but for some appalling finishing. Brentford were pinned in their own half, their only top class player (Maupay) barely had a touch.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:36 - Dec 4 with 6824 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Anything less than a win will be a failure.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:46 - Dec 4 with 6827 viewsCaptain_Sham

Love going to Brentford. Got steaming drunk in The Griffin after we drew 0-0 there back in 2000(opening day of the season - when Walter Boyd stepped on a glass and couldn't play) got on a train going the wrong way(was living in Tooting at the time) Fk knows how I got home.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 16:48]

Its just a ride.

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:19 - Dec 4 with 6797 viewsSwansea93

Not confident of this one, definitely the type of game we struggle with, hope I'm proved wrong.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:01 - Dec 4 with 6711 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:52 - Dec 4 by jasper_T

I didn't see the second half but West Brom should have been 2 or 3 to the good by then but for some appalling finishing. Brentford were pinned in their own half, their only top class player (Maupay) barely had a touch.

Judge is pretty good.
As you say WBA had 23 shots, but only 5 on target, Brentford had 13 shots and 2 on target.
Not very good finishing, a bit like us really.
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:37 - Dec 4 with 6619 viewsEU5Makaveli

1-1, stop the rot and build a bit of confidence to win the next 2 games. 3pts would be a bonus.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:37 - Dec 4 with 6617 viewsEU5Makaveli

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:46 - Dec 4 with 6601 viewsLoyal

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 12:47 - Dec 4 by Professor

Went on to captain Celtic and Scotland ? WTF do radio Wales know 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:02 - Dec 4 with 6576 viewsFireboy2

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:36 - Dec 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:32 - Dec 4 with 6559 viewsRevJames

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:19 - Dec 4 by Swansea93

Not confident of this one, definitely the type of game we struggle with, hope I'm proved wrong.

I think we're struggling with every game at the moment....
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 02:17 - Dec 5 with 6476 viewsGlyn1

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:36 - Dec 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's the spirit! It's positivity like that that we need more of around here.

However, I'm not as convinced as you that we are much stronger than they are.

Brentford almost got promoted last season and they've been in the top four this season - there's a very good team somewhere in that squad of theirs - let's just hope that they don't find it for another few days.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:20 - Dec 5 with 6391 viewsswitchingcode

This could go either way Saturday we were battered Monday by West Brom first half and could have been 3 0 down improved second half and got a late equaliser.We have had a tough time over the last 2 months winless in 5 games when Dean Smith left that has continued with 1 win in 7 With our technical director passing away aged 28 has brought a dark cloud over the club that has spread to the team.Hopefully we are getting back to our form from the start of the season with injured players now back in the squad.I expect our starting line up to be the strongest we have had for 2 months and hope the second half performance Monday will give us the confidence that has been lacking.Enjoy your day out at ours plenty of boozers to chose from.
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:12 - Dec 5 with 6268 viewsFireboy2

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:20 - Dec 5 by switchingcode

This could go either way Saturday we were battered Monday by West Brom first half and could have been 3 0 down improved second half and got a late equaliser.We have had a tough time over the last 2 months winless in 5 games when Dean Smith left that has continued with 1 win in 7 With our technical director passing away aged 28 has brought a dark cloud over the club that has spread to the team.Hopefully we are getting back to our form from the start of the season with injured players now back in the squad.I expect our starting line up to be the strongest we have had for 2 months and hope the second half performance Monday will give us the confidence that has been lacking.Enjoy your day out at ours plenty of boozers to chose from.

Cheers for that SC

My first trip away to your gaff,taking my eldest and we are really looking forward to it as ive been told brentford a great away day out

Just hope we can stop the rot that has ser in,sorry for that
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:53 - Dec 5 with 6245 viewsswitchingcode

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:12 - Dec 5 by Fireboy2

Cheers for that SC

My first trip away to your gaff,taking my eldest and we are really looking forward to it as ive been told brentford a great away day out

Just hope we can stop the rot that has ser in,sorry for that

I’m sure your daughter will have a great day out,not too good mind.The pubs are all away friendly The Griffin your best bet on corner of away end or make it your last pub as there are loads to choose from.
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:57 - Dec 5 with 6239 viewsTailGunner

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:53 - Dec 5 by switchingcode

I’m sure your daughter will have a great day out,not too good mind.The pubs are all away friendly The Griffin your best bet on corner of away end or make it your last pub as there are loads to choose from.

Will the Griffin have the early game on Sky Sports mate?
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:11 - Dec 5 with 6233 viewsProfessor

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:46 - Dec 4 by Loyal

Went on to captain Celtic and Scotland ? WTF do radio Wales know 😂

Very little, but was the only way to follow the Swans from London in the 80s. You could just about pick up the MW signal. albeit feint and crackly. Was slightly better then than now in fairness.
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:10 - Dec 5 with 6193 viewsswitchingcode

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:57 - Dec 5 by TailGunner

Will the Griffin have the early game on Sky Sports mate?

Yes opens at 11
The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:33 - Dec 5 with 6172 viewsTailGunner

The Official Brentford FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:10 - Dec 5 by switchingcode

Yes opens at 11

Cheers mate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024