Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The UK union or the EU ? 17:52 - Dec 5 with 2962 viewstrampie

If there is to be a second referendum on Brexit it looks like that the upshot of the vote will be to determine whether the UK says together or not.

A second leave vote will mean an end to the UK in the short term whereas a remain vote will keep the UK intact for the medium term.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The UK union or the EU ? on 19:53 - Dec 5 with 2895 viewsItchySphincter

Scotland wants in, London wants in, all it will take is a little swing in Wales now that people have realised how stupid they were and the Union is in tact for the foreseeable future.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The UK union or the EU ? on 19:53 - Dec 5 with 2894 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Will it?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The UK union or the EU ? on 20:13 - Dec 5 with 2873 viewsLeonWasGod

I don't see how. Scotland are the closest but they don't have enough support to break away. N. Ireland aren't going anywher, especially with the DUP calling the shots in Westminster. And Wales has an identity crisis and has tied itself up with the language issue, meaning it's people are probably the furthest from wanting a break from the UK.
The UK union or the EU ? on 21:07 - Dec 5 with 2836 viewsJack123

This brexit thing is truly farcical, I can see the way this is going, another vote and remain! Is there any point in voting, when the powers above manipulate to ferk, to get what they want!

libera nos a malo

The UK union or the EU ? on 21:07 - Dec 5 with 2836 viewsBigPhilG

We've had a referendum we won't be having another one. Swansea, Wales and the U.K. Voted leave and leave we will. The UK won't break up either. Time to move on
The UK union or the EU ? on 23:20 - Dec 5 with 2766 viewsthe_oracle

The UK union or the EU ? on 21:07 - Dec 5 by BigPhilG

We've had a referendum we won't be having another one. Swansea, Wales and the U.K. Voted leave and leave we will. The UK won't break up either. Time to move on

Swansea West voted remain
The UK union or the EU ? on 00:10 - Dec 6 with 2748 viewsKilkennyjack

So there was a lady called the Maybot and she spent 2 years getting a very bad deal, that means the british border in the north of ireland will mean different treatment from mainland uk.

And Scotland voted Remain.
As did the north of ireland.

The union will be dead in 5 years.

Beware of the Risen People

The UK union or the EU ? on 08:14 - Dec 6 with 2661 viewsItchySphincter

Of course we will remain.

Don’t be so silly.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

The UK union or the EU ? on 08:51 - Dec 6 with 2640 viewsCatullus

The UK union or the EU ? on 23:20 - Dec 5 by the_oracle

Swansea West voted remain

So we'll have a hard border in Swansea West then shall we?

Why do people say thing slike this as if it's significant? It's what the majority votes for that matters. Or it should. As we have seen, our politicians are busy subverting the vote.

I'll still take the Union but it is something I've wondered about. If the EU shifted to proper elections for the leadership positions I could go with it but having unelected politicians decide who will succeed them is wrong. There's corruption, nepotism and self interest as we saw with "two promotions in ten minutes Martin Selmayr"

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The UK union or the EU ? on 08:53 - Dec 6 with 2638 viewsBigPhilG

The UK union or the EU ? on 08:14 - Dec 6 by ItchySphincter

Of course we will remain.

Don’t be so silly.

It will be under WTO which I think is what the Torys want anyway and all that's going on now is just a big political game
The UK union or the EU ? on 09:09 - Dec 6 with 2630 viewsCatullus

The UK union or the EU ? on 08:53 - Dec 6 by BigPhilG

It will be under WTO which I think is what the Torys want anyway and all that's going on now is just a big political game

Most of the Tory party want to remain. The EU dresses itself up as worker friendly but ti's more compatible with corporate greed.
Lets face it, the EU is making it easier for people to travel far and wide to look for work. There is massive emigration/immigration but why are people these days calling that a good thing? When Norman Tebbit said get on your bike and look for work he was condemned for it. Yet today people consider it a good thing that millions have to uproot and look for work hundreds of miles from home.
It's not helping our society but it is helping the coporate greed section. Wages are kept down, cheap labour is plentiful and their profits are booming and people say it's good?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The UK union or the EU ? on 12:20 - Dec 6 with 2586 viewsvalleyboy

The UK union or the EU ? on 19:53 - Dec 5 by ItchySphincter

Scotland wants in, London wants in, all it will take is a little swing in Wales now that people have realised how stupid they were and the Union is in tact for the foreseeable future.

Scotland wants independence, so it will mean them leaving the EU

A country that wants independence but still wants pounds sterling as their currency

How dull is that

Then if they were then admitted to the EU they would then be forced to take the Euro as their currency

Myself I would leave them go and then wait a few years for them to come crawling back, as they did once before
The UK union or the EU ? on 12:28 - Dec 6 with 2574 viewsCatullus

The UK union or the EU ? on 12:20 - Dec 6 by valleyboy

A country that wants independence but still wants pounds sterling as their currency

How dull is that

Then if they were then admitted to the EU they would then be forced to take the Euro as their currency

Myself I would leave them go and then wait a few years for them to come crawling back, as they did once before

The Scottish, well their politicians want the best of both worlds. They haven't even considered that leaving the UK could happen fairly quickly and there could be a few years gap between that and being allowed to join the EU, assuming they were allowed.

The OP, well Trampie is making it up anyway. Another referendum doesn't mean indepepdence is any closer for any UK member, he's just sabre rattling again, hoping the more noise he makes about it the more people will agree. Trampie and Kilkenny are very much in the minority.

The UK union or the EU ? on 12:28 - Dec 6 with 2573 viewsvalleyboy

The UK union or the EU ? on 00:10 - Dec 6 by Kilkennyjack

So there was a lady called the Maybot and she spent 2 years getting a very bad deal, that means the british border in the north of ireland will mean different treatment from mainland uk.

And Scotland voted Remain.
As did the north of ireland.

The union will be dead in 5 years.

You must be dull to think that the Union will be dead in 5 years

Wales haven’t a chance in hell to go independent

Northern Ireland will without a doubt stay in the Union

And the people of Scotland are not that dull, that they know taxes will rise more than the rest of the U.K. as they have already done to fill the budget deficit they will undoubtly have

The support for the SNP is already on the wane, with it falling even more in the coming years with their idealogical push for independence
The UK union or the EU ? on 19:08 - Dec 6 with 2503 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The UK union or the EU ? on 12:20 - Dec 6 by valleyboy

How dull is that

The SNP want independence. The people of Scotland REJECTED independence is their most recent referendum. The electorate voted 55 per cent to 45 per cent in favour of Scotland remaining within the UK. 2014

Not sure Wales ever had a referendum on independence but only a 7,000 majority in favour of the Welsh Assembly.

NI had a 98.9 percent vote to remain in the UK in their 1973 referendum

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The UK union or the EU ? on 19:11 - Dec 6 with 2499 viewsthe_oracle

The UK union or the EU ? on 08:51 - Dec 6 by Catullus

So we'll have a hard border in Swansea West then shall we?

Why do people say thing slike this as if it's significant? It's what the majority votes for that matters. Or it should. As we have seen, our politicians are busy subverting the vote.

I'll still take the Union but it is something I've wondered about. If the EU shifted to proper elections for the leadership positions I could go with it but having unelected politicians decide who will succeed them is wrong. There's corruption, nepotism and self interest as we saw with "two promotions in ten minutes Martin Selmayr"

The post I answered said Swansea had voted leave. It didn't. One of the constituencies did , the other didn't.
The UK union or the EU ? on 19:53 - Dec 6 with 2475 viewsexiledclaseboy

The UK union or the EU ? on 19:11 - Dec 6 by the_oracle

The post I answered said Swansea had voted leave. It didn't. One of the constituencies did , the other didn't.

Swansea has three constituencies, two of them (Swansea West and Gower) voted to remain. It was the huge majority for leave in Swansea East that swung the city as a whole for leave.

These are only best guesses mind, the votes were counted by council area, not parliamentary constituency.

Poll: Tory leader

The UK union or the EU ? on 20:00 - Dec 6 with 2464 viewsHumpty

It was pretty obvious why you said it mate. To anyone with a brain.
The UK union or the EU ? on 20:36 - Dec 6 with 2440 viewsKilkennyjack

The UK union or the EU ? on 19:08 - Dec 6 by felixstowe_jack

The SNP want independence. The people of Scotland REJECTED independence is their most recent referendum. The electorate voted 55 per cent to 45 per cent in favour of Scotland remaining within the UK. 2014

Not sure Wales ever had a referendum on independence but only a 7,000 majority in favour of the Welsh Assembly.

NI had a 98.9 percent vote to remain in the UK in their 1973 referendum

Although some people might say ....

Scotland voted against independence as that assured they stay in the EU.
Now thats no longer the case, then indy2 is going to happen.
And tben Scotland will be free.

The north of Ireland will have a majority catholic republican population by 2021.
Its not 1973 anymore.
And the GFA ensures that then the island of Iteland will be free.

That leaves Cymru.
Englands first and last colony.
The dynamics of Englands Brexit and both Ireland and Scotland breaking free, will change Wales.
Wales in the EU like Ireland and Scotland - or stuck with England in a brexidiot nightmare.

The union is dead.

Beware of the Risen People

The UK union or the EU ? on 21:20 - Dec 6 with 2415 viewsCatullus

Ah sorry......I'm guilty of not reading all new posts, just the latest ones, lazy get I am see.

The UK union or the EU ? on 21:24 - Dec 6 with 2408 viewsCatullus

The UK union or the EU ? on 20:00 - Dec 6 by Humpty

It was pretty obvious why you said it mate. To anyone with a brain.

I suppose I could answer insult with insult but I do try not to sink to that level. I don't always succeed.

The UK union or the EU ? on 22:04 - Dec 6 with 2389 viewstrampie

Plaid heartlands across Wales and Labour heartlands in the South are Remain.

Labour areas in the North and Conservative areas in Wales and what was Liberal areas in mid Wales are for the deal.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024