Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take a Bow..... 17:27 - Dec 6 with 1734 viewsSwanzay

Ohio dad makes girl walk miles to school for bullying on bus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46471438
Take a Bow..... on 17:37 - Dec 6 with 1720 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Father bullies child as punishment for bullying.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Take a Bow..... on 17:50 - Dec 6 with 1702 viewsjack247

Take a Bow..... on 17:37 - Dec 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Father bullies child as punishment for bullying.

Well no. He’s punished her for her behaviour, in the hope she learns from it and doesn’t bully again. It would be bullying if he’d done it for no good reason.
Take a Bow..... on 18:25 - Dec 6 with 1678 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Take a Bow..... on 17:50 - Dec 6 by jack247

Well no. He’s punished her for her behaviour, in the hope she learns from it and doesn’t bully again. It would be bullying if he’d done it for no good reason.

Did it needed to be posted on the internet for tens of millions of people to see?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Take a Bow..... on 18:29 - Dec 6 with 1673 viewsJackfath

Much better to publicly humiliate ones daughter than bully her?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Take a Bow..... on 18:33 - Dec 6 with 1662 viewsjack247

Take a Bow..... on 18:25 - Dec 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Did it needed to be posted on the internet for tens of millions of people to see?

I don’t know and neither do you. If that’s what he thought it would take to make his daughter stop bullying and he didn’t think it would have an adverse affect on her, than yes. If he did it for his own gratification, then no. Without knowing the people involved, we aren’t in a position to say.
Take a Bow..... on 18:36 - Dec 6 with 1655 viewsjack247

Take a Bow..... on 18:29 - Dec 6 by Jackfath

Same reply as to Dwight. The guy involved would have had a much better idea of how his daughter would react to that than anyone on here. Kids aren’t all the same.
Take a Bow..... on 18:37 - Dec 6 with 1654 viewsJackfath

Take a Bow..... on 18:33 - Dec 6 by jack247

I don’t know and neither do you. If that’s what he thought it would take to make his daughter stop bullying and he didn’t think it would have an adverse affect on her, than yes. If he did it for his own gratification, then no. Without knowing the people involved, we aren’t in a position to say.

What are the benefits to his daughter to put on social media, and now across the world? Has the problem of his daughter bullying on the bus been curbed more because of it?

I'd suggest it could backfire and cause a rift between the pair thus putting extra strain on their lives and relationship. What about the wider family? Did they have a say in this?

As you say we don't know the wider picture here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Take a Bow..... on 18:42 - Dec 6 with 1643 viewsjack247

Take a Bow..... on 18:37 - Dec 6 by Jackfath

What are the benefits to his daughter to put on social media, and now across the world? Has the problem of his daughter bullying on the bus been curbed more because of it?

I'd suggest it could backfire and cause a rift between the pair thus putting extra strain on their lives and relationship. What about the wider family? Did they have a say in this?

As you say we don't know the wider picture here.

It could well do. I’d have hoped he’d consider the effects it would have on her before doing it. He may well have thought that being publicly called out by her own father would be the action needed to stop her doing it again. Walking 5 miles to school on it’s own may not have.

Of course, there is always the possibility he wanted the ‘fame’ if putting something like that on the internet, in which case he’s a disgrace.

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt though
Login to get fewer ads

Take a Bow..... on 18:58 - Dec 6 with 1624 viewsbonymine

Take a Bow..... on 18:29 - Dec 6 by Jackfath

A difficult one this for me as a parent as to how I would handle that situation and most other parents on here I guess ?

In primary school my youngest son was bullied constantly by a particular boy & when we raised it with the school they said they’d ‘monitor it’ and ‘act accordingly’.

However, the bullying continued for some time and me & my wife said to our son ‘not to react’ as it was the wrong thing to do & the school would ‘sort it out’.

Months passed with no action taken and things didn’t improve so in desperation I said to my son ‘if he hits you again hit him back with your best shot’ ....

It then happened and it had the desired effect as the bully in question was totally taken aback by my son’s response to his actions and quite bizarrely they are now good friends with mutual respect and the ‘bully’ has now ‘grown up ‘ considerably and is a very pleasant boy.

No situation is ever the same and it presents the ultimate challenge to parents as to how to respond to it but in my situation the partnership break up on the ‘bully’s’ side certainly played a part and was certainly a factor and unfortunately, having gone through a marriage break up myself recently I can understand the turmoil going through that lads head.

If only there was a universal ‘Handbook’ or ‘Flowchart’on Parenting Skills life would be such a doddle ......😂😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Take a Bow..... on 19:02 - Dec 6 with 1620 viewsdickythorpe

Well done dad!!!! She'll be a heroin addict and stab you in no time!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024