Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? 14:31 - Dec 8 with 8135 views_

Are you expecting them to rip up Brentford and see the two of old?

After two months with no game time at all - not even in the under 23's or a friendly?

Weird that Potter puts them in now. They should've been a part of our first team since August.

Let's give them a chance and understand the situation.

Think they'll do alright today.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 18:34 - Dec 9 with 911 viewsjasper_T

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 18:22 - Dec 9 by icecoldjack

Well if potter thinks playing the likes of Asoro or McKay is a better option than playing Dyer and Routs he's a bit of a mug.

When the likes of a 100yr old Rangel are able to cope in this division with apparent ease then it's quite obvious there'd be no issue with routs and dyer, what's worse is that these players signed contract extensions that were always going to be an I Laurence policy to help us if relegated, least that's what I thought !

Doesn't seem right that they've not been picked when they are clearly a level above potters signings.

McKay was as good as Dyer and Routledge yesterday.

Asoro cost £2m so he had to be given a chance, especially as he was a player Potter had watched a lot of in the past. But he justifiably dropped him months ago based on performances.

Rangel's doing well supposedly but most of the old PL stalwarts we've kept aren't tearing up trees. Fer and Naughton not great yesterday, Carroll 90 good minutes total this season, Olsson more down than up...
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 20:14 - Dec 9 with 830 viewsFireboy2

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 18:34 - Dec 9 by jasper_T

McKay was as good as Dyer and Routledge yesterday.

Asoro cost £2m so he had to be given a chance, especially as he was a player Potter had watched a lot of in the past. But he justifiably dropped him months ago based on performances.

Rangel's doing well supposedly but most of the old PL stalwarts we've kept aren't tearing up trees. Fer and Naughton not great yesterday, Carroll 90 good minutes total this season, Olsson more down than up...

Disagree with your first sentence jasper

My bugbear with mckay is he isnt strong enough on the ball and when he does get knocked off he whinges alot

Thought both dyer and routledge were very strong on the ball and therefore kept it alot

Thats experience for you
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 20:22 - Dec 9 with 825 viewsjasper_T

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 20:14 - Dec 9 by Fireboy2

Disagree with your first sentence jasper

My bugbear with mckay is he isnt strong enough on the ball and when he does get knocked off he whinges alot

Thought both dyer and routledge were very strong on the ball and therefore kept it alot

Thats experience for you

Not sure about that. Routledge and Dyer especially were getting thrown about a lot on and off the ball. Experienced or not they're still small guys and Championship cloggers are allowed to get away with a lot.

Some of McKay's one touch combination play was brilliant yesterday. Good running in behind, too. And some excellent pressing and tackling. All around good day at the office, Celina may have his work cut out keeping his place.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 21:05 - Dec 9 with 799 viewsFireboy2

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 20:22 - Dec 9 by jasper_T

Not sure about that. Routledge and Dyer especially were getting thrown about a lot on and off the ball. Experienced or not they're still small guys and Championship cloggers are allowed to get away with a lot.

Some of McKay's one touch combination play was brilliant yesterday. Good running in behind, too. And some excellent pressing and tackling. All around good day at the office, Celina may have his work cut out keeping his place.

They did get thrown about but they kept it

Mckay is very skilful but imo doesnt try hard enough and he moans alot

We will have to agree to disagree jasper
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 22:29 - Dec 9 with 764 views_

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 20:22 - Dec 9 by jasper_T

McKay, apart from winning the ball after 20 seconds, crossing it for Routs and that back heel for Roberts was poor yesterday.

He had two great chances which he snatched at when he should've just composed himself. That shot in the first half he mishit and dragged wide.

And like Ted says he got robbed over and over again. It's clear he's very conscious about his size and there is a lack of protection in this league but he could do with toughening up on the ball and getting stuck in. Leon and Joey never had this problem.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 23:03 - Dec 9 with 737 viewsjasper_T

Hope he has many more poor games like that in the near future.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 19:42 - Dec 14 with 532 viewsjackrmee

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:48 - Dec 9 by Dr_Winston

I don't think you're far away in terms of Potter's thinking.

If it is the case then I disagree with leaving out players who can still contribute something even if their long term future isn't here. After all, Routledge and Dyer can't have far off a thousand overall appearances between them. That's got to be experience and knowhow worth tapping into for the younger players.

We don't have a strong enough squad to ignore proven ability IMO, especially since we're already paying for it. They don't have to play or start every game, but keep them involved at least.

I think Potter has said that they are very involved in training etc and he's very happy with their contribution as a whole.
Maybe just didn't want them taking places in the first team of players who are in it for the long haul.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024