Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? 14:31 - Dec 8 with 8110 views_

Are you expecting them to rip up Brentford and see the two of old?

After two months with no game time at all - not even in the under 23's or a friendly?

Weird that Potter puts them in now. They should've been a part of our first team since August.

Let's give them a chance and understand the situation.

Think they'll do alright today.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:17 - Dec 9 with 974 viewsDr_Winston

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 13:45 - Dec 9 by TailGunner

Hands up. Apologies to T2C

Boozed up on the way back when posted.

Potter obviously has restraints on who he can select - all financial.

The injury to James looks to have forced Dyer & Routs involvement.
The manager is never going to say it like it is, openly criticising his bosses.

God knows we need them now.

Based of course on the assumption that both are being left out because of pressure from above, and not because Potter has chosen not to use them.

People have assumed that Potter has been made to do certain things all season, assumptions that GP himself rarely misses an opportunity to shoot down in flames.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:18 - Dec 9 with 967 views34dfgdf54

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:17 - Dec 9 by Dr_Winston

Based of course on the assumption that both are being left out because of pressure from above, and not because Potter has chosen not to use them.

People have assumed that Potter has been made to do certain things all season, assumptions that GP himself rarely misses an opportunity to shoot down in flames.

What has he shot down in flames?
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:27 - Dec 9 with 959 viewsjasper_T

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:18 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

What has he shot down in flames?

The idea that certain players aren't available to him for selection. He's always been adamant in his press conferences that everyone fit is available, naming specific players when required, and despite conspiracy theories to the contrary everyone injured genuinely has been.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:27 - Dec 9 with 956 viewsFireboy2

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 12:38 - Dec 9 by _

Thanks 👍

Not a problem

You know me,i will stick up for anyone who gets abused
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:29 - Dec 9 with 950 viewsDr_Winston

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:27 - Dec 9 by jasper_T

The idea that certain players aren't available to him for selection. He's always been adamant in his press conferences that everyone fit is available, naming specific players when required, and despite conspiracy theories to the contrary everyone injured genuinely has been.

Or the idea that he's not been involved in decisions regarding players coming in and out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:30 - Dec 9 with 944 viewsTailGunner

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:27 - Dec 9 by jasper_T

He's never, ever shot these rumours down in flames.
He's been diplomatic, and avoids the issue wherever he can.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:32 - Dec 9 with 938 viewsTailGunner

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:14 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

They looked levels above at times yesterday.

The club need them out though, I’m sure someone posted on here that Dyer has told people around the city.

It’s not down to football ability, and it’s not down to Potter imo, you don’t need to be an expert to know that they are better than what we have and when they leave they’ll be making it public why in my opinion. Disgraceful way to treat two great servants.

Spot on Risca.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:33 - Dec 9 with 935 viewsjasper_T

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:30 - Dec 9 by TailGunner

He's never, ever shot these rumours down in flames.
He's been diplomatic, and avoids the issue wherever he can.

You've been watching different press conferences to me, then. Been very clear in what he's said.

If you think he's lying that's another matter.
Login to get fewer ads

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:38 - Dec 9 with 923 viewsBadlands

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:17 - Dec 9 by Dr_Winston

'Based of course on the assumption that both are being left out because of pressure from above, ... '
Ballocks.

Maybe the club is looking to off-load in the new year and Potter doesn't wan a vacuum if he's relied on them but to assume he's being told who to pick and not pick is .... ballocks.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 14:39]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:39 - Dec 9 with 920 viewsTailGunner

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:33 - Dec 9 by jasper_T

You've been watching different press conferences to me, then. Been very clear in what he's said.

If you think he's lying that's another matter.

He's never ever shot it down in flames.

He's been very diplomatic. He's an intelligent guy.

Believe what you want.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:43 - Dec 9 with 914 viewsDr_Winston

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:38 - Dec 9 by Badlands

'Based of course on the assumption that both are being left out because of pressure from above, ... '
Ballocks.

Maybe the club is looking to off-load in the new year and Potter doesn't wan a vacuum if he's relied on them but to assume he's being told who to pick and not pick is .... ballocks.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 14:39]

Well yeah, that's the point I'm making.

We've even got people claiming in this very thread that both were selected yesterday to be "put in the shop window", and not because the one winger we've got who has consistently performed this season was unavailable.

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 15:18 - Dec 9 with 888 views34dfgdf54

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:39 - Dec 9 by TailGunner

He's never ever shot it down in flames.

He's been very diplomatic. He's an intelligent guy.

Believe what you want.

I agree with this post.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:17 - Dec 9 with 851 viewsjasper_T

"They (Dyer, Routs, Narsingh) have been professional and are available for selection. They have not played much but in how they have been, how they have conducted themselves means they have played a part in what we have done.

"You can be unsettled and not so professional, but they have been brilliant and provided leadership in a young group. I have been pleased, the window is shut, we are working with everyone.

"I will be happy to call on them, we run a meritocratic club so the best people play and we want as many players as possible to make it hard for me on selection."

This is from September but every press conference was more or less the same questions and answers. Not sure how it can be interpreted as anything short of shooting down the idea that his selections are being made for him. He was asked the situation with these players and gave a consistent, definitive answer.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:22 - Dec 9 with 844 views_

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 15:18 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

I agree with this post.

I think it's clear that you and Tail gunner are Potters biggest fans and that's fine, nothing wrong with supporting the boss.

But at times it also seems your idolising of him clouds your clear, objective thinking. In football it's all too easy to make excuses or applying a certain logic to back up some claims which aren't possible to be fully explained otherwise.

If we all knew what was going on in Potters head we could discuss the rights or wrongs of his decisions. Because we don't all we have to go on is what he or others confirm.

Potters confirmed he sanctioned the centre back issue at the start of the season. He even played himself up in his role in the process.

Bony has come back in when he said he was due to come in. All along fans doubted this.

Routs and Dyer have been frozen out but also used in 3 league starts. Fans assume it's appearance money or some other murky reason - it could be, but Potters spoken out that it's not.

He's brought in a couple of players who aren't exactly improving the squad and the squad we've got is mostly the work of SCFC, its Academy and previous regimes - whether anyone likes that fact or not, it's the truth.

All we know so far is we've left two superb players at this level when we had a chance to rip some teams apart with them fired up and enjoying a bit of confidence.

For me it's more that Potter is keeping an eye on what's around the corner rather than living in the present.

It's just a crying shame that the present could've helped the future. Perhaps a lot more than McKay, Asoro and Yan Dhanda may do.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:24 - Dec 9 with 841 viewsjackrmee

Those who believe GP is not picking his own team are absolute lunatics.
Funnily enough, they seem to be the same people who are slating him for "tinkering".
How can you think both? Shouldn't you be blaming the Illuminati style player pickers for the different lineups?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:25 - Dec 9 with 839 views_

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 14:27 - Dec 9 by Fireboy2

Not a problem

You know me,i will stick up for anyone who gets abused

You're a good egg. We need a pint 👍

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:30 - Dec 9 with 823 viewspencoedjack

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 12:23 - Dec 9 by _

I've not been at the races this week mate. Not well enough for an away day and all that brings anyway.

We'll have to meet up for that pint one day soon.

Missed a good trip by the looks of it. Although last twenty were tough to watch.

Aye Tid said you’d been ill.

Great trip till we got back to Bridgend & a few of the deluded lot from up the road we’re making Colin W anker to be Pep.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:32 - Dec 9 with 822 viewsjackrmee

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:22 - Dec 9 by _

I think it's clear that you and Tail gunner are Potters biggest fans and that's fine, nothing wrong with supporting the boss.

But at times it also seems your idolising of him clouds your clear, objective thinking. In football it's all too easy to make excuses or applying a certain logic to back up some claims which aren't possible to be fully explained otherwise.

If we all knew what was going on in Potters head we could discuss the rights or wrongs of his decisions. Because we don't all we have to go on is what he or others confirm.

Potters confirmed he sanctioned the centre back issue at the start of the season. He even played himself up in his role in the process.

Bony has come back in when he said he was due to come in. All along fans doubted this.

Routs and Dyer have been frozen out but also used in 3 league starts. Fans assume it's appearance money or some other murky reason - it could be, but Potters spoken out that it's not.

He's brought in a couple of players who aren't exactly improving the squad and the squad we've got is mostly the work of SCFC, its Academy and previous regimes - whether anyone likes that fact or not, it's the truth.

All we know so far is we've left two superb players at this level when we had a chance to rip some teams apart with them fired up and enjoying a bit of confidence.

For me it's more that Potter is keeping an eye on what's around the corner rather than living in the present.

It's just a crying shame that the present could've helped the future. Perhaps a lot more than McKay, Asoro and Yan Dhanda may do.

Long term project. They won't be here long term. He would prefer to build with who will be here.
Sounds simple enough to me.

He hasn't once said they are not up to the job or won't consider them and has stuck to his word.

Very good players for us to utilise and they helped yesterday immensely, but they'll be gone in a few weeks, so why make them part of the setup? Would then be like losing 2 important first team regulars in January and GP would have to start again with testing and blooding youngsters at the wrong time of the season.

At least now we know who can play in those positions and we aren't reliant on players who are destined to leave.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:44 - Dec 9 with 806 viewspencoedjack

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:32 - Dec 9 by jackrmee

Long term project. They won't be here long term. He would prefer to build with who will be here.

He hasn't once said they are not up to the job or won't consider them and has stuck to his word.

Very good players for us to utilise and they helped yesterday immensely, but they'll be gone in a few weeks, so why make them part of the setup? Would then be like losing 2 important first team regulars in January and GP would have to start again with testing and blooding youngsters at the wrong time of the season.

At least now we know who can play in those positions and we aren't reliant on players who are destined to leave.

Will they get a contract better than the contract they have with us?

Both got a year left?

We are stuck with them unless they want to go. ( & I thought Routs was excellent yesterday)
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:46 - Dec 9 with 805 viewsBadlands

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:32 - Dec 9 by jackrmee

Depends if you want to build in League 1 or the Championship!
And it depends on wether or not the youngsters are going to be burned out if they are in a relegation dog fight at the end of the season.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:46 - Dec 9 with 805 viewsTailGunner

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:22 - Dec 9 by _

Chris, personally I can't believe an intelligent guy like Potter would completely outcast 2 good players who played well v Stoke, from all squads with no external influence on the decision.

Anyway, glad they were finally involved yesterday as they were much needed.
They were excellent first half.

We will need them again over the festive period.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:48 - Dec 9 with 801 viewsDr_Winston

I don't think you're far away in terms of Potter's thinking.

If it is the case then I disagree with leaving out players who can still contribute something even if their long term future isn't here. After all, Routledge and Dyer can't have far off a thousand overall appearances between them. That's got to be experience and knowhow worth tapping into for the younger players.

We don't have a strong enough squad to ignore proven ability IMO, especially since we're already paying for it. They don't have to play or start every game, but keep them involved at least.

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 17:29 - Dec 9 with 750 viewsFireboy2

What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 16:25 - Dec 9 by _

You're a good egg. We need a pint 👍

Not a problem chris

Anytime

Just glad we got there in the end
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 17:34 - Dec 9 with 740 viewsJinxy

This, with bells on. Of course they can contribute in the now, but as has been said GP has his eye not just around the corner, but also very much on the future (sorry if I'm making him out to look like Marty Feldman here).

The only possible reasons for him changing the strategy are any combinations of pressure to win, shop windows (pressure from above?), wanting the best for WR & ND, or sheer desperation. They would have given their best not just because they are good pro's and love the club, but also to give themselves options in January. Tis the way of the world sadly. It was nice to see them contributing though.
What are you all expecting from Routs and Dyer today? on 18:22 - Dec 9 with 705 viewsicecoldjack

Well if potter thinks playing the likes of Asoro or McKay is a better option than playing Dyer and Routs he's a bit of a mug.

When the likes of a 100yr old Rangel are able to cope in this division with apparent ease then it's quite obvious there'd be no issue with routs and dyer, what's worse is that these players signed contract extensions that were always going to be an I Laurence policy to help us if relegated, least that's what I thought !

Doesn't seem right that they've not been picked when they are clearly a level above potters signings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024