Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling racially abused ? 09:24 - Dec 9 with 10527 viewscentrestandswan

Police looking into this, disgusting behaviour if true. What with a banana being thrown on the pitch at the Emirates last week are we returning to the seventies?

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Sterling racially abused ? on 07:27 - Dec 14 with 778 viewstrampie

Sterling racially abused ? on 07:21 - Dec 14 by Sirjohnalot

But he did, as if to say ‘ that’s perfectly ok what I did’.

Have never understood the hatred in some football supporters. Why is it in any way acceptable to scream abuse like that ? Nothing to do with “passion’, he was just being a thug. I’ve prosecuted and defended many people like that and their stock response is ‘it’s football innit’

Why would you defend someone like that, money is it ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Sterling racially abused ? on 08:17 - Dec 14 with 749 viewsSirjohnalot

Sterling racially abused ? on 07:27 - Dec 14 by trampie

Why would you defend someone like that, money is it ?

No. We don’t have a choice who you defend. You are obliged to take the brief that comes to you. Everyone should be entitled to representation, irrespective of what they’ve done. It’s the only way for a fair and balanced court system.

It’s called the ‘Cab rank rule’
Sterling racially abused ? on 08:30 - Dec 14 with 739 viewstrampie

Sterling racially abused ? on 08:17 - Dec 14 by Sirjohnalot

No. We don’t have a choice who you defend. You are obliged to take the brief that comes to you. Everyone should be entitled to representation, irrespective of what they’ve done. It’s the only way for a fair and balanced court system.

It’s called the ‘Cab rank rule’

Fair and balanced court system, your having a laugh, money buys justice as a lack of money can certainly cost you justice.

If you are so morally outraged by certain people why do that job ?, based on your comments on this thread if you was defending him it seems like you would be thinking that he deserves everything he gets...…..hmm

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Sterling racially abused ? on 08:43 - Dec 14 with 727 viewsSirjohnalot

Sterling racially abused ? on 08:30 - Dec 14 by trampie

Fair and balanced court system, your having a laugh, money buys justice as a lack of money can certainly cost you justice.

If you are so morally outraged by certain people why do that job ?, based on your comments on this thread if you was defending him it seems like you would be thinking that he deserves everything he gets...…..hmm

You raise a very fair point about money buying you success, with the decimation of legal aid, more and more people are being denied access to justice.

I do the job as I care about Representing people who need help, people with mental
Health, people who have fallen into drug abuse, homelessness, people with working class backgrounds like mine who weren’t lucky enough to have wonderful
Parents looking after them. People don’t have voices and need one.

You defend people without fear or favour, it’s not your job to look at the morals of the case, that’s the job of the jury. I’ve defended countless people over the years whom I found deeply unpleasant but that didn’t stop me giving them quality representation, and the best result possible for them. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t last long in this job.

We all work with people we don’t like, but you have to do it.

I’m not morally outraged, I’ve dealt with far worse than a plonker shouting abuse at a football match but my point still stands that this behaviour has no place in the modern game and I don’t understand why someone who scream like that,

You do make fair and understandable points though and I respect what you say
Sterling racially abused ? on 10:32 - Dec 14 with 694 views34dfgdf54

Sterling racially abused ? on 00:53 - Dec 14 by ScottishEddie

“there’s a black guy a few seats across from him and he doesn’t even flinch.”

Is this a serious comment?

Well yes, if someone was shouting "black c*nt", don't you think he would have had something serious to say about it?

I'm not jumping on the "this guys a racist scumbag" bandwagon until it's been proven he is. It doesn’t look like he said anything near what the papers are trying to imply to me, but as Darran said, I’m not an expert lip reader. We’ll see what comes out.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 18:09]
Sterling racially abused ? on 13:50 - Dec 23 with 556 viewsrockinjk

Since 2016 this underbelly has grown.

It's always been there, anyone who has stood on a terrace knows this. It's just they've been given permission again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024