Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour have blown it. 10:36 - Dec 12 with 2787 viewstrampie

Liz Saville Roberts [Plaid], Vince Cable [Lib-Dem], Caroline Lucas [Green] and Ian Blackford [SNP] as leading figures in Westminster within their parties all signed a letter sent to Corbyn urging Labour to call a vote of no confidence in the Government, they had a press conference yesterday and were even joined by Labours Dame Margaret Beckett and Conservative MP Anna Soubry in backing the call.

Right wing puppet of Teresa May's Government Jeremy Corbyn backed by trade union leader Len McCluskey has taken no action and now the Tories have called a no confidence vote in Teresa May in which only the Tories get to vote in as opposed to a no confidence vote in the whole Conservative party by the whole of Parliament, true blue Jeremy Corbyn has blown it once again, he missed an open goal the other day when May spoke to the house on the Brexit deal he in the main spoke about other matters not related to Brexit.

The sooner we in Wales breakaway from this buffoonery the better.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour have blown it. on 11:33 - Dec 12 with 2724 viewsPegojack

Although I'm no big fan of Comrade Corbyn, I think he's playing it rather canny at the moment. What's the point of calling for a vote you know you will lose?

Although the Tories may want rid of Theresa May, they certainly don't want to bring about a General Election, where a reasonable number of them will lose their seats and usher in a Labour government. The turkeys are NOT going to vote for Christmas.

I think Corbyn wants to let the country bathe in the spectacle of this obnoxious government tearing themselves apart for a little longer before he makes his move.
Labour have blown it. on 11:41 - Dec 12 with 2718 viewsBrynCartwright

Labour have blown it. on 11:33 - Dec 12 by Pegojack

Although I'm no big fan of Comrade Corbyn, I think he's playing it rather canny at the moment. What's the point of calling for a vote you know you will lose?

Although the Tories may want rid of Theresa May, they certainly don't want to bring about a General Election, where a reasonable number of them will lose their seats and usher in a Labour government. The turkeys are NOT going to vote for Christmas.

I think Corbyn wants to let the country bathe in the spectacle of this obnoxious government tearing themselves apart for a little longer before he makes his move.

Funny you should mention voting turkeys Pegs..

https://newsthump.com/2017/12/01/turkeys-vote-5248-in-favour-of-christmas/

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Labour have blown it. on 11:43 - Dec 12 with 2716 viewstrampie

Labour have blown it. on 11:33 - Dec 12 by Pegojack

They would probably win, as the Tories have a wafer think majority with the backing of the DUP, you would think that all other opposition parties would vote against the Government in a vote of no confidence, it would only take a handful of DUP or Conservatives to vote for the no confidence motion and that would bring the Government down and there would have to be another Government formed or a General Election and apparently that is what Corbyn wants a General Election.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Labour have blown it. on 11:48 - Dec 12 with 2710 viewstrampie

Corbyn is May's biggest ally, Corbyn wants to deliver Mays Brexit, Corbyn and May have the same Brexit plan, Labour yet again on the same side as the Conservatives.

Labour have blown it. on 12:06 - Dec 12 with 2688 viewstrampie

HM Government and HM official opposition neither are fit for purpose and both are almost identical.

Labour have blown it. on 12:09 - Dec 12 with 2683 viewsLeonWasGod

Labour have blown it. on 12:06 - Dec 12 by trampie

HM Government and HM official opposition neither are fit for purpose and both are almost identical.

Go on Trampie, tell us the the answer. You know you want to!
Labour have blown it. on 12:25 - Dec 12 with 2667 viewstrampie

Labour have blown it. on 12:09 - Dec 12 by LeonWasGod

Go on Trampie, tell us the the answer. You know you want to!

You know the answer Leon, England is a lost cause - all right wing, capitalism, survival of the fittest, son and heir, imperialism, lack of womens rights, monarchy, state religion - they will only change when there is a revolution there.

The Celtic countries would be better off ploughing their own furrows to have some equality for their citizens and some social justice.

Labour have blown it. on 14:09 - Dec 12 with 2595 viewsPegojack

Labour have blown it. on 11:43 - Dec 12 by trampie

They would probably win, as the Tories have a wafer think majority with the backing of the DUP, you would think that all other opposition parties would vote against the Government in a vote of no confidence, it would only take a handful of DUP or Conservatives to vote for the no confidence motion and that would bring the Government down and there would have to be another Government formed or a General Election and apparently that is what Corbyn wants a General Election.

That's the whole point though, mate, the handful doesn't exist.

It was there for all to see on Newsnight a day or two ago. Anna Soubry was all fire and brimstone when it came to Brexit and Theresa May's deal, but when asked if she would support Labour in a vote of no confidence, she reverted to Tory type and said 'no way'. Those feckers will not go gentle into that goodnight.....
Login to get fewer ads

Labour have blown it. on 15:32 - Dec 12 with 2530 viewstrampie

Labour have blown it. on 14:09 - Dec 12 by Pegojack

That's the whole point though, mate, the handful doesn't exist.

It was there for all to see on Newsnight a day or two ago. Anna Soubry was all fire and brimstone when it came to Brexit and Theresa May's deal, but when asked if she would support Labour in a vote of no confidence, she reverted to Tory type and said 'no way'. Those feckers will not go gentle into that goodnight.....

Soubry is pro May, not all Tories are pro May, Corbyn has blown it yet again, yet another open goal and he has blown it, SNP, Plaid, Libs and Greens knew they had until close of play yesterday for Labour to get their act together and put in a vote of no confidence in the Government, Labour failed, the word on the street was the SNP was going to do it off their own back and hope Labour fall in line if Labour failed to act, but the Tories seeing yesterdays press conference by Liz and the gang have now magically triggered a vote of no confidence in their leader, cynics are saying it was to head off a vote of no confidence in the Government, now Corbyns chances of being Prime Minister have reduced somewhat due to his inaction.

Labour backing the Conservatives all the way yet again.

Labour have blown it. on 15:59 - Dec 12 with 2499 viewsSir_Robin

Labour have blown it. on 15:32 - Dec 12 by trampie

Soubry is pro May, not all Tories are pro May, Corbyn has blown it yet again, yet another open goal and he has blown it, SNP, Plaid, Libs and Greens knew they had until close of play yesterday for Labour to get their act together and put in a vote of no confidence in the Government, Labour failed, the word on the street was the SNP was going to do it off their own back and hope Labour fall in line if Labour failed to act, but the Tories seeing yesterdays press conference by Liz and the gang have now magically triggered a vote of no confidence in their leader, cynics are saying it was to head off a vote of no confidence in the Government, now Corbyns chances of being Prime Minister have reduced somewhat due to his inaction.

Labour backing the Conservatives all the way yet again.

What a load of drivel. Your partisanship is becoming increasingly tedious. This coming from someone who wants to see an independent Wales in the medium to long term. As Pego has pointed out, the numbers simply didn't add up for Corbyn to table a no confidence vote. The tories want to avoid a general election and would have backed May as they fear a Corbyn led government. It's clear that the Lib Dems, the tory remainers, SNP, Plaid and the Greens were playing politics as they knew that May would have won the vote. They wanted to put a stop to the possibility of a general election thus forcing Labour to back a referendum on the final deal. Their motives were so transparent.
Labour have blown it. on 16:31 - Dec 12 with 2452 viewstrampie

Labour have blown it. on 15:59 - Dec 12 by Sir_Robin

What a load of drivel. Your partisanship is becoming increasingly tedious. This coming from someone who wants to see an independent Wales in the medium to long term. As Pego has pointed out, the numbers simply didn't add up for Corbyn to table a no confidence vote. The tories want to avoid a general election and would have backed May as they fear a Corbyn led government. It's clear that the Lib Dems, the tory remainers, SNP, Plaid and the Greens were playing politics as they knew that May would have won the vote. They wanted to put a stop to the possibility of a general election thus forcing Labour to back a referendum on the final deal. Their motives were so transparent.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/12/11/labour-call-vote-no-confidence-t

Labour have blown it. on 16:33 - Dec 12 with 2450 viewsLeonWasGod

Labour have blown it. on 12:25 - Dec 12 by trampie

You know the answer Leon, England is a lost cause - all right wing, capitalism, survival of the fittest, son and heir, imperialism, lack of womens rights, monarchy, state religion - they will only change when there is a revolution there.

The Celtic countries would be better off ploughing their own furrows to have some equality for their citizens and some social justice.

Ah, yes I think I remember you mentioning that once before

You may well be right, and I'd actually quite like to see it happen in some ways. Sadly, I don't think there's anywhere near the level of support needed in Wales for it to happen.

This is obviously something you are passionate about - are you doing anything about it? That's not a dig, just wondered if you campaign or are involved in Plaid, or help them or involved in any other initiatives?
Labour have blown it. on 16:40 - Dec 12 with 2426 viewsSir_Robin

Labour have blown it. on 16:31 - Dec 12 by trampie

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/12/11/labour-call-vote-no-confidence-t

The same Jenny Chapman who took part in the disastrous coup of 2016 and was a vice-chair of Progress? Forgive me for taking anything she says with a pinch of salt.
Labour have blown it. on 16:49 - Dec 12 with 2404 viewstrampie

Labour have blown it. on 16:33 - Dec 12 by LeonWasGod

Ah, yes I think I remember you mentioning that once before

You may well be right, and I'd actually quite like to see it happen in some ways. Sadly, I don't think there's anywhere near the level of support needed in Wales for it to happen.

This is obviously something you are passionate about - are you doing anything about it? That's not a dig, just wondered if you campaign or are involved in Plaid, or help them or involved in any other initiatives?

I agree with you Leon, the support levels needed are nowhere near high enough for it to happen at the moment , baby steps towards more devolution plus other possible events in other parts of the UK might change the dynamics in time who knows.

No I am not involved in any movement, although I have noticed on the few sites I have frequented over the years a shift towards my view when the site has put up polls after I have posted my views over a period of time compared to when I joined, that might be coincidence but there again I might have influenced some as I put forward a view that is not mainstream, a point of view others don't by and large get to hear from main stream sources like newspapers and tv.

I will tell you something shocking Leon, im quite middle of the road politically, its just that most others are on the extreme right.
Im not kidding either.

Labour have blown it. on 17:17 - Dec 12 with 2371 views100onZero

Labour have blown it. on 12:06 - Dec 12 by trampie

If you7 actually looked at the facts, you would know that a no-confidence vote would have failed because the opposition do not have the numbers to win a vote. If you think the Tories would vote with the opposition you are delusional. After Soubrey called for Corbyn to put forward a no confidence vote, she added in the same sentence that she would vote with the government against it. That's the kind of scum we are dealing with.
Labour have blown it. on 17:28 - Dec 12 with 2357 viewstrampie

Labour have blown it. on 17:17 - Dec 12 by 100onZero

If you7 actually looked at the facts, you would know that a no-confidence vote would have failed because the opposition do not have the numbers to win a vote. If you think the Tories would vote with the opposition you are delusional. After Soubrey called for Corbyn to put forward a no confidence vote, she added in the same sentence that she would vote with the government against it. That's the kind of scum we are dealing with.

The Tories only have 318 seats out of a Parliament of 650, they depend on the DUP who they have p*ssed off on the N.Ireland Brexit deal, people would not have to vote against they might abstain, so we are only talking a handful of abstentions, but Labour have not got the balls to try, cynics think its because they want May to do her Brexit deal and only then will Labour try and oust the Conservatives because Labour don't want to handle Brexit as they will do exactly the same as the Conservatives, negotiate a deal and no to a peoples vote.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 18:04]

Labour have blown it. on 17:48 - Dec 12 with 2335 viewsHCMC

Corbyn is great for the Tories.

He did not land a glove on May in PMQs today.

May will win the vote easily tonight.

PC are a total irrelevance in today's politics,but it keeps the likes of trampie interested,so I suppose they do some good.
Labour have blown it. on 18:11 - Dec 12 with 2311 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Labour have blown it. on 17:48 - Dec 12 by HCMC

PC are a total irrelevance in today's politics,but it keeps the likes of trampie interested,so I suppose they do some good.

Listened to PMQs today, in the circumstances I'm not sure what Jezza was trying to do?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Labour have blown it. on 18:24 - Dec 12 with 2301 viewslonglostjack

Labour have blown it. on 18:11 - Dec 12 by JACKMANANDBOY

Listened to PMQs today, in the circumstances I'm not sure what Jezza was trying to do?

I agree. I note he said “the time for dithering is over” was interrupted and the Speaker intervened. When he resumed he started off “the time for dithering by this Government is over”. Telling.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Labour have blown it. on 18:24 - Dec 12 with 2301 viewsPegojack

Labour have blown it. on 17:48 - Dec 12 by HCMC

What did you expect him to do, walk across the floor and smack her in the gob?

I think you missed the point. He didn't need to do anything, the Tories are doing a fantastic job of commiting political suicide.
Labour have blown it. on 18:32 - Dec 12 with 2289 viewslonglostjack

Labour have blown it. on 18:24 - Dec 12 by Pegojack

I think you missed the point. He didn't need to do anything, the Tories are doing a fantastic job of commiting political suicide.

Get the vote of no confidence in the Government going Pego. It’ll fail no matter when it’s held so do it now and move on to the final option agreed at conference. A second referendum. He also seems to be kicking the can down the road.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Labour have blown it. on 18:50 - Dec 12 with 2268 viewsCatullus

Labour have blown it. on 18:24 - Dec 12 by Pegojack

To be fair, the way things are going Corbyn won't need a GE, the government could collpase entirely and give him a walk over!!
If May loses, who could they choose for leader that has enough support to keep Parliamentary confidence? Bojo? JRM? Gove? Rudd? Hammond? This could be the start of the destruction of the Tory party, or maybe the end of the beginning as we move onto the next stage, maybe Cameron unwittingly started it.
lets face it, Corbyn isn't good enough, a decent opposition leader would have minced the Tories several times over since 2016. Never mind that he is also backed by a troupe of idiots who also can't agree on much and keep stating different positions as Labour policy.
On this important point Trampie is very right, Labour AND Tory are a disaster and both need putting to pasture.
When faced with an impossible choice you make the best choice you can, even if it is the choice you don't want (in the face of other choices you want even less that is) but feel you have to make. Maybe all this shouting about Indy will gain support now because Westminster politicians, wherever in the Uk they are from, don't deserve to be in their jobs anymore. Useless, self serving, corrupt, greedy....I'm sure Trampie could add more.

We are running out of choices, Westminster is in chaos, where do we go next? Like I have supposed before, maybe we go to the EU!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Labour have blown it. on 18:52 - Dec 12 with 2263 viewsswanforthemoney

Labour have blown it. on 18:11 - Dec 12 by JACKMANANDBOY

Is anyone ever sure what Jezza is trying to do ?

I stand in the North Stand

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024