Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Democracy' thread. 11:30 - Dec 12 with 10260 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit - No, you can't have a second vote because you don't like it anymore, it's undemocratic.

Tory Party - Yes, we can vote out the PM that we voted in twice because we don't like her anymore, that's democracy.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The 'Democracy' thread. on 11:33 - Dec 12 with 3821 viewsPegojack

Nail. Head. Hit.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 11:36 - Dec 12 with 3819 viewsItchySphincter

A

SECOND

VOTE

The 'Democracy' thread. on 12:07 - Dec 12 with 3793 viewssherpajacob

Those chartist boys knew their stuff in 1838

Parliamentary elections every year, not once every five years.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The 'Democracy' thread. on 12:08 - Dec 12 with 3791 viewsLeonWasGod

Yeah, whot is it with these winjing Torie's? They lost the vowt they shud get over it. Or are they going to go agaynst the WILL OF THE PEOPLE and keep vowting until they get the President they want?

SUK iT UP LOOZERS

7204 SQUIRREL
The 'Democracy' thread. on 12:33 - Dec 12 with 3763 viewsJack_Meoff

The 'Democracy' thread. on 12:08 - Dec 12 by LeonWasGod

Yeah, whot is it with these winjing Torie's? They lost the vowt they shud get over it. Or are they going to go agaynst the WILL OF THE PEOPLE and keep vowting until they get the President they want?

SUK iT UP LOOZERS

7204 SQUIRREL

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The 'Democracy' thread. on 13:42 - Dec 12 with 3724 viewsHighjack

If we have a second vote and leave win again, they’ll be calling for a third vote before lunch and probably get one.

If we have a second vote and remain wins that’ll be the end of it and we won’t have any more votes.

This is why it’s undemocratic. It’ll become a case of keep voting until you vote correctly then we’ll stop voting.

Which is clearly wrong to anybody with any sort of sense.

[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 15:33]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:02 - Dec 12 with 3644 viewssherpajacob

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/burton/sex-text-shamed-mp-andrew-2320250

Tory MP Andrew Griffiths who had the whip removed because he was a sex pest, has by sheer coincidence had the whip restored today so he is now allowed to vote this evening.

He says he will be supporting Mrs May.

Is this what taking back control means?

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:11 - Dec 12 with 3631 viewshobo

The 'Democracy' thread. on 13:42 - Dec 12 by Highjack

If we have a second vote and leave win again, they’ll be calling for a third vote before lunch and probably get one.

If we have a second vote and remain wins that’ll be the end of it and we won’t have any more votes.

This is why it’s undemocratic. It’ll become a case of keep voting until you vote correctly then we’ll stop voting.

No they won't. If the majority still vote leave now even when knowing full details of both options, then leave will be the option we will have to pursue.

It would be a landslide remain victory though this time as I think many people have realised they'd been duped the first time around
Login to get fewer ads

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:19 - Dec 12 with 3624 viewsJango

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:11 - Dec 12 by hobo

No they won't. If the majority still vote leave now even when knowing full details of both options, then leave will be the option we will have to pursue.

It would be a landslide remain victory though this time as I think many people have realised they'd been duped the first time around

You’ve been duped into believing many people have changed their mind.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:21 - Dec 12 with 3618 viewsjacktheripper

Just the way the EU likes it. Keep voting until its the correct result
The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:28 - Dec 12 with 3611 viewsHumpty

I hope May wins tonight's vote by 52/48% so I can watch all the leavers moan that the result is too close for her to stay on.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 17:29]
The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:34 - Dec 12 with 3599 viewssherpajacob

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:19 - Dec 12 by Jango

You’ve been duped into believing many people have changed their mind.

If there is another referendum and the country still votes to leave, then the country fully deserves everything that will come its way.

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:51 - Dec 12 with 3586 viewsJango

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:34 - Dec 12 by sherpajacob

If there is another referendum and the country still votes to leave, then the country fully deserves everything that will come its way.

Absolutely.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:13 - Dec 12 with 3566 viewsbluey_the_blue

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:28 - Dec 12 by Humpty

I hope May wins tonight's vote by 52/48% so I can watch all the leavers moan that the result is too close for her to stay on.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 17:29]

The Tory voting has clear and defined victory condition - 50% + 1.
Fail analogy is fail.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:19 - Dec 12 with 3558 viewslonglostjack

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:13 - Dec 12 by bluey_the_blue

Fail analogy is fail.

Do you think that if she won by 1 vote her position would be strengthened or weakened even further?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:23 - Dec 12 with 3551 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:13 - Dec 12 by bluey_the_blue

Fail analogy is fail.

If you think that if she gets 160 votes tonight she’s anything other than toast then you’re even more deluded than usual. For the record, seems she’s going to win comfortably as expected. But nothing has changed and all the problems of last night remain.

Poll: Tory leader

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:23 - Dec 12 with 3550 viewsbluey_the_blue

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:19 - Dec 12 by longlostjack

Do you think that if she won by 1 vote her position would be strengthened or weakened even further?

Hard to say, it's pretty clear she's in the final stages of her reign as leader. Personally, she should have gone over that abject GE performance.

I don't see her position could be strengthened or weakened as it's clear she's going - only question is the precise date.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:30 - Dec 12 with 3547 viewsCatullus

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:11 - Dec 12 by hobo

No, many people have realised they have been let down by useless politicians and choosing remain would be a pragmatic decision in the circumstances.
I'm not really in favour of a second vote but if the politicians cannot decide then the people should be asked to choose which only leaves the enormous questions, what will the question be and what would the options be? Leave it with the electoral commission because the politicians will only stuff it up again.

Labour MP for Gower Tonia Antoniazzi made a telling comment on the news a short while ago "whatever happens today has been very damaging for the PM and I hope Labour can benefit from it" so there we have it, never mind the country so long as Labour does alright" by which I take her to mean ends up in government, but who will vote for that bunch of chancers? Anyone who heard her comments should be ashamed of Labour.
Which really means that both Labour and Tory should be unelectable because neither of them deserves another chance.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:34 - Dec 12 with 3539 viewsItchySphincter

She has offered to resign before the next election if they call off the dogs now.

That’s democracy.

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:35 - Dec 12 with 3537 viewsbluey_the_blue

She'd be challenged then anyway.

She should have gone after that piss-poor campaign in the last GE.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:38 - Dec 12 with 3523 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:35 - Dec 12 by bluey_the_blue

She'd be challenged then anyway.

She should have gone after that piss-poor campaign in the last GE.

She couldn't afford to do that, they might have put a brexiteer in her place and then we would not be lumbered with the EU derived deal she is calling her own.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:39 - Dec 12 with 3523 viewsItchySphincter

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:30 - Dec 12 by Catullus

No, many people have realised they have been let down by useless politicians and choosing remain would be a pragmatic decision in the circumstances.
I'm not really in favour of a second vote but if the politicians cannot decide then the people should be asked to choose which only leaves the enormous questions, what will the question be and what would the options be? Leave it with the electoral commission because the politicians will only stuff it up again.

Labour MP for Gower Tonia Antoniazzi made a telling comment on the news a short while ago "whatever happens today has been very damaging for the PM and I hope Labour can benefit from it" so there we have it, never mind the country so long as Labour does alright" by which I take her to mean ends up in government, but who will vote for that bunch of chancers? Anyone who heard her comments should be ashamed of Labour.
Which really means that both Labour and Tory should be unelectable because neither of them deserves another chance.

Corbyn f*cked it by allowing the Tories to call a vote of no confidence. I'm not saying he should have called it but if he had any ambition to seize power he would have forced the house to vote on it rather than just the Conservatives.

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:40 - Dec 12 with 3517 viewsbluey_the_blue

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:39 - Dec 12 by ItchySphincter

Corbyn f*cked it by allowing the Tories to call a vote of no confidence. I'm not saying he should have called it but if he had any ambition to seize power he would have forced the house to vote on it rather than just the Conservatives.

Two different votes though.

Corbyn, as I said elsewhere, is being sensible for once. He can't win a no confidence vote in the HoC without DUP support - only chance he has to win that is to see if the May deal goes through pissing the DUP off.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:41 - Dec 12 with 3514 viewsNogginthenog

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:02 - Dec 12 by sherpajacob

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/burton/sex-text-shamed-mp-andrew-2320250

Tory MP Andrew Griffiths who had the whip removed because he was a sex pest, has by sheer coincidence had the whip restored today so he is now allowed to vote this evening.

He says he will be supporting Mrs May.

Is this what taking back control means?

Is it wise to give a whip to a sex pest?
The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:46 - Dec 12 with 3505 viewsswanforthemoney

You could put a condition on the second vote that there will not be another vote. that would solve it. I don't believe that condition was put on the original vote.
Another referendum would confirm the terms of leaving and when leave wins, it would be an absolutely cast-iron confirmation of the will of the people and we could happily march on to glory.

I stand in the North Stand

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024