Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonights vote 12:56 - Dec 12 with 2190 viewstrampie

If May wins [and its the probable outcome per the odds] she will be emboldened to carry on with her attitude of a bad deal is better than a no deal having originally said the opposite that a “No deal is better than a bad deal”.

If May loses [or resigns due to the amount of votes against her] then she might be replaced by somebody on the ultra right wing of the party - God help the needy and less well off in society then as things might get even worse for them.

Taking the likely May wins scenario then when Brexit finally comes before Parliament Mays chances of getting it through will be increased [possibly not a favourites chance] but an increased chance of getting it through as some of the rebels in her party might think most of the party support her now as proved by the vote [if she wins] and they might feel they would be isolating themselves and they would possibly be smaller in number than if the Brexit vote had taken place in Parliament when it was due to have taken place.

Corbyn is doing more to help May by not looking to challenge her and not even taking her to task on Brexit [underling he has the same Brexit policy as her] than some people in Mays own party.

If people thought Blair was a huge Tory [and he was imo] then Corbyn is proving to be the same.

Labour as I have been saying for decades are traitors to the working class and poor, calling them Red Tories is too kind, traitors to the working class is more apt, at least the Conservatives who are worse to my mind overall than Labour are true to their survival of the fittest mindset, what excuse do the Red Tories have ?, self interest I would say.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tonights vote on 13:16 - Dec 12 with 2158 viewsdickythorpe

This government is a laughing stock. But what are the alternatives?
Boris, Rees Odd, Corby???? Bloody hell I'd have Frank Burrows!!!!!
Tonights vote on 13:21 - Dec 12 with 2146 viewsDarran

Tonights vote on 13:16 - Dec 12 by dickythorpe

This government is a laughing stock. But what are the alternatives?
Boris, Rees Odd, Corby???? Bloody hell I'd have Frank Burrows!!!!!

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tonights vote on 18:21 - Dec 12 with 2024 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I'm still note sure what Labour's policy is on Brexit, the Conservative's have at least three!

MPs........not up to it anymore.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Tonights vote on 18:25 - Dec 12 with 2019 viewslifelong

So if May wins this evening and then loses the vote on her deal what happens then??
Tonights vote on 18:26 - Dec 12 with 2019 viewsbluey_the_blue

Dear gods, trampie, have you learnt nothing of politics?

It's one thing to vote against May internally, another thing entirely in a HoC vote that some mistakenly believe would lead to a Corbyn government.

Corbyn is, for once, being incredibly sensible. He ca't win a vote of no confidence in the HoC. No Tory rebels would go for that - Corbyn needs the DUP on side. Only way that happens is if May's crap deal goes through. He's playing the long game and hoping.
Tonights vote on 18:43 - Dec 12 with 1998 viewstrampie

May is massive odds on across the board to win tonight on checking the latest odds.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Tonights vote on 18:57 - Dec 12 with 1977 viewsLeonWasGod

Tonights vote on 18:21 - Dec 12 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'm still note sure what Labour's policy is on Brexit, the Conservative's have at least three!

MPs........not up to it anymore.

Hoping that the Tories will make such a mess of it that they won’t need to have their own view, I think.

I can see the logic. This is a Tory issue and Labour aren’t in power. Why would Labour hoist themselves by the Tory petard when they don’t need to.

I’d like an opposition party to challenge the Tory position, but if that ain’t gonna happen (because the want the same) best to keep their head down, let the Tories tear themselves apart and then position themselves for a shot at No 10 in 2021/22.

It’s the Lib Dems I’m pissed off with. The only one with an anti-brexit line, but seem completely incapable of telling anyone about it or pushing back. They need to work on their links to the media.
Tonights vote on 18:57 - Dec 12 with 1976 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tonights vote on 18:25 - Dec 12 by lifelong

So if May wins this evening and then loses the vote on her deal what happens then??

Anyones guess. Election. Second referendum. Leaving with no deal. Despite being the default position m the third is most unlikely.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Tonights vote on 19:03 - Dec 12 with 1963 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tonights vote on 18:57 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

Anyones guess. Election. Second referendum. Leaving with no deal. Despite being the default position m the third is most unlikely.

Depends.

Tonight May should win but with a sizeable vote against that will show her that her vaunted deal cannot possibly get through HoC - after all, there's opposition to it from all sides.

The deal, so the EU say can't be negotiated. I suspect that's bravado knowing they can push May around in negotiations; a change in leader could change that dynamic but that's a moot point.

May will probably try to call the bluff with the desparate "this or no deal" in the hope some panic and cave in. I'd say no deal is still very definitely on the cards, moreso than the other two options listed.
Tonights vote on 19:07 - Dec 12 with 1956 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tonights vote on 19:03 - Dec 12 by bluey_the_blue

Depends.

Tonight May should win but with a sizeable vote against that will show her that her vaunted deal cannot possibly get through HoC - after all, there's opposition to it from all sides.

The deal, so the EU say can't be negotiated. I suspect that's bravado knowing they can push May around in negotiations; a change in leader could change that dynamic but that's a moot point.

May will probably try to call the bluff with the desparate "this or no deal" in the hope some panic and cave in. I'd say no deal is still very definitely on the cards, moreso than the other two options listed.

You’re just hoping. No deal won’t happen. The size of May’s victory tonight is irrelevant in that context. If she stays, neither she nor parliament will allow a no deal scenario to occur.

Tonights vote on 19:14 - Dec 12 with 1947 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tonights vote on 19:07 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

You’re just hoping. No deal won’t happen. The size of May’s victory tonight is irrelevant in that context. If she stays, neither she nor parliament will allow a no deal scenario to occur.

Well, you say it won't happen. You can't guarantee that nor can I.

The size of the victory, if there is on, is incredibly relevant. A close win and it's confirmation her deal is dead in the water. Given EU stating it won't be renegotiated - and knowing she's not exactly the toughest negotiator - the deal won't change one iota in the hope HoC panic and approve it.

Sizeable win for May, gets emboldened and less incentive to push for changes. Deal voted down in HoC, time runs out.

What else would happen? Deal magically gets voted through, Corbyn calls for no confidence vote, DUP vote with him bringing government down.
Tonights vote on 19:15 - Dec 12 with 1945 viewslonglostjack

Tonights vote on 19:03 - Dec 12 by bluey_the_blue

Depends.

Moot is not the word Bluey. There is absolutely no will to renegotiate the deal. Glowing cuddly statements of intent as an addendum and that’ll be it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tonights vote on 19:22 - Dec 12 with 1937 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tonights vote on 19:14 - Dec 12 by bluey_the_blue

Well, you say it won't happen. You can't guarantee that nor can I.

The size of the victory, if there is on, is incredibly relevant. A close win and it's confirmation her deal is dead in the water. Given EU stating it won't be renegotiated - and knowing she's not exactly the toughest negotiator - the deal won't change one iota in the hope HoC panic and approve it.

Sizeable win for May, gets emboldened and less incentive to push for changes. Deal voted down in HoC, time runs out.

What else would happen? Deal magically gets voted through, Corbyn calls for no confidence vote, DUP vote with him bringing government down.

The deal isn’t getting ratified unless it changes significantly. It won’t.

If it looks like the government isn’t minded to break the deadlock with a new referendum and is willing to take us out with no deal Parliament will intervene. In those circumstances there’ll be more than enough Tories to vote with labour in a confidence motion to bring the government down.

Tonights vote on 19:22 - Dec 12 with 1935 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tonights vote on 19:15 - Dec 12 by longlostjack

Moot is not the word Bluey. There is absolutely no will to renegotiate the deal. Glowing cuddly statements of intent as an addendum and that’ll be it.

There is absolutely no publicly expressed will to renegotiate the deal. Given the admission Ireland are nowhere near ready for a no deal Brexit, what's said in public may not be the same as the real view.

They know May hasn't any real desire to stand her ground so no incentive to change anything.
Tonights vote on 19:33 - Dec 12 with 1912 viewslonglostjack

Tonights vote on 19:22 - Dec 12 by bluey_the_blue

There is absolutely no publicly expressed will to renegotiate the deal. Given the admission Ireland are nowhere near ready for a no deal Brexit, what's said in public may not be the same as the real view.

They know May hasn't any real desire to stand her ground so no incentive to change anything.

Nope. Listen to your sister party in Germany the CDU. They are absolutely adamant that the deal will not be renogatiated. Macron is otherwise engaged and even Rutte in the Netherlands (pity the UK left it to the Dutch to set up the Hanseatic group) won’t budge. The days of the British Empire are long gone. A pity some Tories still believe in nostalgia.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tonights vote on 23:35 - Dec 12 with 1777 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

JRM claiming victory!

We need to adopt this approach, I think we won at Derby, we scored a goal away from home when we were not playing well, they play in white which is essentially cheating as it confuses our players and if we'd played for another 5 mins we would have scored two more, we deserve the three points.

Tonights vote on 00:00 - Dec 13 with 1768 viewsbuilthjack

Shambles

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tonights vote on 00:57 - Dec 13 with 1749 viewsJack_Meoff

In other news, the Yemeni are delighted that Theresa is still in power, and are looking forward to more British made weaponry raining down on them via the Saudis.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Tonights vote on 09:49 - Dec 13 with 1655 viewsCatullus

Tonights vote on 19:33 - Dec 12 by longlostjack

Nope. Listen to your sister party in Germany the CDU. They are absolutely adamant that the deal will not be renogatiated. Macron is otherwise engaged and even Rutte in the Netherlands (pity the UK left it to the Dutch to set up the Hanseatic group) won’t budge. The days of the British Empire are long gone. A pity some Tories still believe in nostalgia.

The CDU shouldn't have a say in it but if they do it shows who's really in charge. I don't think anyone is thinking about or concerned with any empire besides the EU empire.
Given our vastly decreased options now is the time for a second vote, choose remain and join the Hanseatics and try to form an alliance with the Visegrad countries. Do that and then push the EU to reform in a meaningfull way. Make it more transparent (expenses to start with) and more democratic, at least have the commission democratically elected. Then get a debate started about whether the majority want closer/further integration.

We can all be nostalgic but no serious politician thinks we can return to anything resembling the British Empire, even the idiot politicians (the vast majority) aren't concerned with it, they are too busy being greedy and self serving.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Tonights vote on 10:51 - Dec 13 with 1626 viewsnicky

It's terrifying that in what is the most challenging (and, dare I say it, most politically interesting too) period for our country in generations, we are "blessed" with the most talentless, clueless, self-serving buffoons to ever run the place.
Tonights vote on 19:53 - Dec 13 with 1533 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Tonights vote on 10:51 - Dec 13 by nicky

It's terrifying that in what is the most challenging (and, dare I say it, most politically interesting too) period for our country in generations, we are "blessed" with the most talentless, clueless, self-serving buffoons to ever run the place.

Can't argue with that!

Tonights vote on 20:13 - Dec 13 with 1520 viewsHighjack

Tonights vote on 10:51 - Dec 13 by nicky

It’s because it’s challenging and important their incompetence has been laid bare. Previous generations have had a comparatively easy ride.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tonights vote on 20:16 - Dec 13 with 1519 viewsLeonWasGod

Tonights vote on 20:13 - Dec 13 by Highjack

It’s because it’s challenging and important their incompetence has been laid bare. Previous generations have had a comparatively easy ride.

Yep, it used to be so so laid back David Mellor even wore his Chelsea top for his easy rides.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024