Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland 18:56 - Dec 13 with 3172 viewstrampie

Leanne asks is this what Wales wants ?

She then gets a reply what would be best for our future.

Wales first and last [and best] colony of the Empire.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 19:29 - Dec 13 with 2304 viewsLeonWasGod

The Cornish are going to be right fecked off with our Leanne.
Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 19:31 - Dec 13 with 2300 viewsHighjack

I’m surprised she stayed in the lines whilst colouring in this map.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 20:54 - Dec 13 with 2247 viewsAguycalledJack

Can somebody explain to me how wales would survive economically as an independent nation?
Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 20:57 - Dec 13 with 2240 viewsexiledclaseboy

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 20:54 - Dec 13 by AguycalledJack

Can somebody explain to me how wales would survive economically as an independent nation?

By exporting leeks and close harmony singing. Obvious.

Poll: Tory leader

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 21:15 - Dec 13 with 2226 viewsLohengrin

Trampie, I’ve just had a visitation from the ghost of St Illtud and he says he’s very sorry but neither you nor Leanne will be able to stay in the new Wales. I plead your case and he says there are two factors that tell against you: Neither of you are fluent Welsh speakers so cannot take part in the national conversation and both have the blood of the Angle in your veins.

He bids you heed the call of blood, Tramp...cas yw’r gwr na charo’r wlad a’i maco.

I’ve got a thermos here, mind, and a couple of pairs of binoculars. You and Leanne can have a nice cup of tea and watch us from the Isle of Man.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 21:16]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 21:20 - Dec 13 with 2218 viewsItchySphincter

They don’t want independence, they want to go cap in hand to the EU, same as the Scots.

If we ever got a second referendum and stayed in the EU we should give them the second referendum that they crave. If they chose to become independent of the UK I can’t really see how they expect to remain a member state of the EU without applying like every other non member.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 21:34 - Dec 13 with 2191 viewslifelong

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 21:20 - Dec 13 by ItchySphincter

They don’t want independence, they want to go cap in hand to the EU, same as the Scots.

If we ever got a second referendum and stayed in the EU we should give them the second referendum that they crave. If they chose to become independent of the UK I can’t really see how they expect to remain a member state of the EU without applying like every other non member.

Who are ‘they’?
Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 21:35 - Dec 13 with 2188 viewsLohengrin

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 21:34 - Dec 13 by lifelong

Who are ‘they’?

The cause of all our woes.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 22:35 - Dec 13 with 2138 viewsItchySphincter

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 21:34 - Dec 13 by lifelong

Who are ‘they’?

I realise it was badly written.

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 22:51 - Dec 13 with 2117 viewsKilkennyjack

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 22:35 - Dec 13 by ItchySphincter

I realise it was badly written.

Yes - all of it.

Beware of the Risen People

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 22:54 - Dec 13 with 2111 viewsKilkennyjack

Would you prefer to stay as we are ?

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 23:02 - Dec 13 with 2102 viewsKilkennyjack

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 23:06 - Dec 13 with 2098 viewsItchySphincter

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 22:51 - Dec 13 by Kilkennyjack

Yes - all of it.

The pro independence Welsh and Scots expect to have their noses in the EU trough in the event of independence.

Comprende?

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 23:41 - Dec 13 with 2079 viewsBytholWyn

It would make a change for us to have "our noses in the trough" from decades of disinvestment by Westminster. Wales has 1% of the spending on rail infrastructure in spite of 11% of the network and 5% of the population. Something the good folk of Swansea should be only too well aware of.

Investment by the EU in Ireland has reaped dividends, with Ireland a prosperous country and now a net contributor to the EU budget, and with growth amongst the strongest in Europe. Unlike many on here I don't see anything inferior in us Welsh that we couldn't enjoy equal success to the Irish.
Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 23:52 - Dec 13 with 2070 viewsItchySphincter

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 23:41 - Dec 13 by BytholWyn

It would make a change for us to have "our noses in the trough" from decades of disinvestment by Westminster. Wales has 1% of the spending on rail infrastructure in spite of 11% of the network and 5% of the population. Something the good folk of Swansea should be only too well aware of.

Investment by the EU in Ireland has reaped dividends, with Ireland a prosperous country and now a net contributor to the EU budget, and with growth amongst the strongest in Europe. Unlike many on here I don't see anything inferior in us Welsh that we couldn't enjoy equal success to the Irish.

I don’t disagree. What you’re advocating is independence from Westminster but not the EU. Exactly my point. That’s not independence for a start, and if the UK is a member state how could breaking away from the UK guarantee membership. It’s not that hard to understand.

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 05:56 - Dec 14 with 2023 viewsAguycalledJack

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 22:54 - Dec 13 by Kilkennyjack

Would you prefer to stay as we are ?

I understand that but it doesn’t answer my original question though.

Let’s say wales votes for independence which will mean no more funding from Westminster. The Eu have from what I am aware told the Scots that even if they break away from the uk there is no automatic right to join the EU. As such, it can be presumed that the same will apply to Wales. I’m just interested in where and how people think Wales will survive economically as an independent nation? Where’s the money going to come from?
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 6:01]
Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:11 - Dec 14 with 1988 viewsKilkennyjack

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 05:56 - Dec 14 by AguycalledJack

I understand that but it doesn’t answer my original question though.

Let’s say wales votes for independence which will mean no more funding from Westminster. The Eu have from what I am aware told the Scots that even if they break away from the uk there is no automatic right to join the EU. As such, it can be presumed that the same will apply to Wales. I’m just interested in where and how people think Wales will survive economically as an independent nation? Where’s the money going to come from?
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 6:01]

Stockholm syndrome.

John has posted the economic case on here many times.

Small countries often do very well. An EU Cymru, with EU Ireland and EU Scotland, trading with post Brexit England would see many investors pick it.

And no country that has walked free from Englands empire has ever asked to return. Not one.

On the other side of fear is freedom ✊🏾🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:25 - Dec 14 with 1977 viewsAguycalledJack

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:11 - Dec 14 by Kilkennyjack

Stockholm syndrome.

Small countries often do very well. An EU Cymru, with EU Ireland and EU Scotland, trading with post Brexit England would see many investors pick it.

And no country that has walked free from Englands empire has ever asked to return. Not one.

I’m not trying to be antagonistic, I’m genuinely interested. But from what I can see there won’t be a guaranteed EU Wales? Wales voted out so Why would the EU accept us?
Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:30 - Dec 14 with 1968 viewstrampie

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:25 - Dec 14 by AguycalledJack

I’m not trying to be antagonistic, I’m genuinely interested. But from what I can see there won’t be a guaranteed EU Wales? Wales voted out so Why would the EU accept us?

Any European country can apply for membership.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:32 - Dec 14 with 1965 viewsAguycalledJack

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:30 - Dec 14 by trampie

Any European country can apply for membership.

Ummmm, wales voted out?
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 7:36]
Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:41 - Dec 14 with 1950 viewstrampie

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:32 - Dec 14 by AguycalledJack

Ummmm, wales voted out?

An independent Wales might vote in, don't forget the vast majority of immigrants in Wales are from England and tend to be older people and older people tend to vote and tend to vote leave, in an independent Wales a EU vote would be a big thing and young people might vote, some English people might even go back to England, an independent Wales might make voting compulsory, lots of people might change their mind, democracy is not a one off event.
Hypothetically there is every chance that Wales would vote for the EU in the future.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 7:54]

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 09:01 - Dec 14 with 1918 viewsItchySphincter

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:11 - Dec 14 by Kilkennyjack

Stockholm syndrome.

You simply don't understand the words in the posts that your're replying to, do you?

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 09:03 - Dec 14 with 1917 viewsItchySphincter

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:32 - Dec 14 by AguycalledJack

Ummmm, wales voted out?

Give up mate, they don't get it.

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 09:05 - Dec 14 with 1910 viewsItchySphincter

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:41 - Dec 14 by trampie

An independent Wales might vote in, don't forget the vast majority of immigrants in Wales are from England and tend to be older people and older people tend to vote and tend to vote leave, in an independent Wales a EU vote would be a big thing and young people might vote, some English people might even go back to England, an independent Wales might make voting compulsory, lots of people might change their mind, democracy is not a one off event.
Hypothetically there is every chance that Wales would vote for the EU in the future.

F*ck me.

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 09:18 - Dec 14 with 1897 viewsPapaLazarou

Map of Brexit Britain and Ireland on 07:41 - Dec 14 by trampie

That's a hell of a lot of conjecture.

I voted Remain, but I still believe Wales is pretty evenly split between Remain/Leave. Can't see a massive swing either way.

If Wales had an Independence Referendum next year it would be an overwhelming vote to stay in the Union. As in Scotland, the nationalists bang the drum the loudest, but are outnumbered in reality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024