Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship clubs are money blackholes. 00:13 - Dec 14 with 2432 viewsomarjack

Owners of Championship clubs that fail to get promoted are constantly bleeding money on their investment.

It's safe to say that we won't be playing PL football next year. Which brings me to the obvious question..

The owners don't give a f*ck about Swansea or "soccer". They would have no reason to hold on to the club as it'll bring them nothing but losses when the parachute payments dry up in few years..then what exactly? I'm seriously worried. What stops them from selling all players that are worth over a million over the next year or so, leading us down to League One, and then sell the property for peanuts, make their money back and more, then abandon ship as we tumble down the divisions?

I'll answer that, absolutely nothing. That's the only scenario that awaits our club. There are no rich fans queuing to take over and save the club like Coates is to Stoke for example. No big name brand like Aston Villa, waiting for an Egyptian shining armour to sweep in and save us when sh!t hits the fan, We're the next Hull city if not Sunderland..going to sink like a rock within a couple of years no doubt.

We've already discussed this many times, but now that our promotion has become a delusion rather than us being pre-season strong contenders. It's time to take this more seriously.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 0:14]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 00:25 - Dec 14 with 2406 viewssainthelens

Yes Omar, but at least it's Xmas soon. Cheese board on offer in Tesco.
Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 01:44 - Dec 14 with 2377 viewsScottishEddie

What a f*cking drama queen, PL fan.

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 06:34 - Dec 14 with 2323 viewsCooperman

There’s a saying - the only way to make a small fortune in football is to start with a big one.

Mind you, I’m not sure you know how all this works.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 09:42 - Dec 14 with 2245 viewsandypitt56

You actually thought we would be in promotion contention this season?? deluded much! We are exactly where I thought we would be.
Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 10:11 - Dec 14 with 2215 viewsLeonWasGod

You're right about bleeding money. I'm fairly sure the vast majority of clubs in the Championship are run at a loss. Certainly at an operation loss, so the only chance of making a profit in any given years is through player sales. But players tend to be cheaper as you drop down the leagues and there's no guarantee you can sustain that pipeline and retain sufficient quality on the pitch to stay in the league.

They never make their money back in this league or the ones below. The only way they'll recoup their initial investment is if we're in the PL.
Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 10:52 - Dec 14 with 2179 viewsjasper_T

Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 09:42 - Dec 14 by andypitt56

You actually thought we would be in promotion contention this season?? deluded much! We are exactly where I thought we would be.

We're still in playoff contention. People have ripped up their slips after one bad week.

Fulham were 15th in December last season, with the same number of points we have after 21 games (they then lost their 22nd against Sunderland). Boro had only 3 points more.
Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 11:21 - Dec 14 with 2156 viewsandypitt56

Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 10:52 - Dec 14 by jasper_T

We're still in playoff contention. People have ripped up their slips after one bad week.

Fulham were 15th in December last season, with the same number of points we have after 21 games (they then lost their 22nd against Sunderland). Boro had only 3 points more.

Its not after one bad week, I just dont think we will finish any higher than 8th. Dont get me wrong I hope I am wrong and we finish in play offs but i just cant see it. As I see it anywhere from 12-8th would be a successful season IMO considering the fact this a rebuilding job.
Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 12:14 - Dec 14 with 2113 viewsDr_Winston

Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 11:21 - Dec 14 by andypitt56

Its not after one bad week, I just dont think we will finish any higher than 8th. Dont get me wrong I hope I am wrong and we finish in play offs but i just cant see it. As I see it anywhere from 12-8th would be a successful season IMO considering the fact this a rebuilding job.

So you've gone from "anyone who thinks we are in promotion contention is deluded" to "I hope I'm wrong and we finish in the playoffs". Bit of a climbdown.

It remains a generally poor division and any team capable of putting three or four wins together can propel themselves right back into the mix, even a work in progress like us.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 12:17 - Dec 14 with 2105 viewsandypitt56

Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 12:14 - Dec 14 by Dr_Winston

So you've gone from "anyone who thinks we are in promotion contention is deluded" to "I hope I'm wrong and we finish in the playoffs". Bit of a climbdown.

It remains a generally poor division and any team capable of putting three or four wins together can propel themselves right back into the mix, even a work in progress like us.

Okay I admit deluded is perhaps too strong of a word, however the fact the original post seems to suggest we should be anywhere but the play offs is equally as crazy to say! mid table is probably about right.
Championship clubs are money blackholes. on 13:57 - Dec 14 with 2044 viewsrossshaw

I’ve actually been enjoying this season. Far better than the PL

Trundle could still do a job..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024