Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? 09:04 - Dec 14 with 11466 views_

As Potter confirmed yesterday?

Very disappointing as I can only imagine the fallout if he'd said there wasn't.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 09:11 - Dec 14 with 5931 viewsItchySphincter

Potter reads the forum?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 09:39 - Dec 14 with 5886 viewsandypitt56

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-boss-gra

Probably have to sell before they buy.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 09:40 - Dec 14 with 5880 viewsthornabyswan

What did he say then do we need to sell to generate or is there a little spare.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 10:17 - Dec 14 with 5838 viewsQJumpingJack

If we continue to hover around 12th place then there will be no need to buy new players so money won't be needed.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 10:19 - Dec 14 with 5834 viewsLeonWasGod

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 09:40 - Dec 14 by thornabyswan

What did he say then do we need to sell to generate or is there a little spare.

He said that cash would be made available by the board. We don't know how much and we don't know if that depends on player sales first.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 10:22 - Dec 14 with 5827 viewsTailGunner

He gives absolutely nothing away in that interview.
Time will tell, judge it on Feb 1st
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 10:25 - Dec 14 with 5815 views34dfgdf54

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 09:39 - Dec 14 by andypitt56

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-boss-gra

Probably have to sell before they buy.

<<But when asked if he's been told he'll have money to spend in the winter window, Potter responded: "Yes, but I'll keep that to myself if you don't mind!"

And asked if he's held discussions with chairman Huw Jenkins over his plans for the winter window, Potter said: "Yes, we have contact all the time. The way that these things work is that you're aware of the window so you have conversations pretty regularly, and that's how it should be.>>

He didn't confirm yes we have money, he has just been told either way.

I'd imagine it will be the case of having to sell to buy. We'll see Narsingh in a few squads over Christmas to show potential suitors they are fit and ready, as we have with Routs and Dyer.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 10:49 - Dec 14 with 5782 views_

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 10:25 - Dec 14 by 34dfgdf54

<<But when asked if he's been told he'll have money to spend in the winter window, Potter responded: "Yes, but I'll keep that to myself if you don't mind!"

And asked if he's held discussions with chairman Huw Jenkins over his plans for the winter window, Potter said: "Yes, we have contact all the time. The way that these things work is that you're aware of the window so you have conversations pretty regularly, and that's how it should be.>>

He didn't confirm yes we have money, he has just been told either way.

I'd imagine it will be the case of having to sell to buy. We'll see Narsingh in a few squads over Christmas to show potential suitors they are fit and ready, as we have with Routs and Dyer.

What?? ??

Read your first paragraph again.

Edit... Sorry 'I've' read it again 👍
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 10:56]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:17 - Dec 14 with 5683 viewsDr_Winston

There is money available, although probably not a great deal. There will be more available if we clear the wage bill a bit.

Not so much a case of sell before buying, more one of sell so we can buy more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:21 - Dec 14 with 5668 viewsLeonWasGod

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:17 - Dec 14 by Dr_Winston

There is money available, although probably not a great deal. There will be more available if we clear the wage bill a bit.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if those wages are the key thing here. Wilf going to Turkey (if rumours are true) will free up a bit of space for sure.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:22 - Dec 14 with 5666 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 10:22 - Dec 14 by TailGunner

Good post.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:31 - Dec 14 with 5642 viewsDr_Winston

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:21 - Dec 14 by LeonWasGod

Wouldn't at all be surprised if those wages are the key thing here. Wilf going to Turkey (if rumours are true) will free up a bit of space for sure.

Wages have been the key thing since we got relegated.

Transfer fees can be written off, but long term salary commitments against decreasing income is the club killer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 13:54 - Dec 14 with 5529 viewsFireboy2

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 10:22 - Dec 14 by TailGunner

Spot on

And why would he give anything away
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 14:09 - Dec 14 with 5514 views34dfgdf54

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:17 - Dec 14 by Dr_Winston

You don’t know that though?

No one has confirmed if we have money.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 14:13 - Dec 14 with 5509 viewsTailGunner

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 13:54 - Dec 14 by Fireboy2

Spot on

And why would he give anything away

Exactly. Nobody knows. Potter doesn't know. Offers come in & it's out of his hands either way.

We can hope he gets some of it to spend if we can decent offers. Loans I would think.
Problem is the only ones worth anything fee wise are now becoming our backbone.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 14:31 - Dec 14 with 5482 viewsOldjack

January sales by Badlands 13 Dec 2018 9:50
Who / what do we need?
Who might we bring in?
By my reckoning we have 8 places available to our first team squad.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 14:53 - Dec 14 with 5448 viewsBadlands

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 14:09 - Dec 14 by 34dfgdf54

You don’t know that though?

No one has confirmed if we have money.

Apart from Potter!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 16:15 - Dec 14 with 5322 viewsmonmouth

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 10:49 - Dec 14 by _

What?? ??

That would be one hell of an English comprehension question to be fair.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 18:13 - Dec 14 with 5190 viewsLoyal

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 10:49 - Dec 14 by _

What?? ??

Thought we had 5 million for that Brentford player ?
Which wasn't spent ... Which makes you think it's still available ?
I

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 18:13 - Dec 14 with 5190 viewsswancity

Worry not chaps. Jenkins is in the process of buying the Club back for £1.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 18:49 - Dec 14 with 5140 viewsGaryjack

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 12:21 - Dec 14 by LeonWasGod

Those rumours were months ago. As it stands now, we've got more chance of selling Wilf off as a Turkey!
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:17 - Dec 14 with 5038 viewsGaryjack

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 18:13 - Dec 14 by Loyal

Thought we had 5 million for that Brentford player ?
Which wasn't spent ... Which makes you think it's still available ?
I

Aye, but that was before the revelation that we'd borrowed almost all of the parachute money! Call me a cynic, but somethings telling me we didn't borrow it to invest in buying new players in the January window.
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:22 - Dec 14 with 5021 viewsjasper_T

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:17 - Dec 14 by Garyjack

Aye, but that was before the revelation that we'd borrowed almost all of the parachute money! Call me a cynic, but somethings telling me we didn't borrow it to invest in buying new players in the January window.

We've always taken an advance on TV money to secure cashflow, and even if we didn't the owners set the budget and made that decision, so the "revelation" would have no effect on whether they then spend.

From what they said after the window closed they were prepared to spend ~£3-4m on a new player, maybe more, but didn't think Woods was worth what was being asked (in the end £7m).
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:37 - Dec 14 with 4997 viewsGaryjack

Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 20:22 - Dec 14 by jasper_T

We've always taken an advance on TV money to secure cashflow, and even if we didn't the owners set the budget and made that decision, so the "revelation" would have no effect on whether they then spend.

From what they said after the window closed they were prepared to spend ~£3-4m on a new player, maybe more, but didn't think Woods was worth what was being asked (in the end £7m).

An 'advance' on Premier league money is somewhat different to borrowing two years worth of parachute payments! That demonstrates that we haven't a pot to piss in, and are desperate for this money NOW to pay the bills.
Erm "They said"?

Edit: They actually 'said'. they didn't think he'd be a good fit for the team. The yanks like? They made the decision that Ryan Woods, who Potter wanted, wasn't a good fit!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 20:54]
Am I right in thinking there's no thread on money available in January? on 21:09 - Dec 14 with 4938 viewsQJumpingJack

We have done ok so far this season.
I can see no real benefit on why we would want to spend money in January to improve the squad.
We won't go up, we won't go down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024