Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst pensions in the developed World 16:43 - Dec 14 with 2856 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Worst pensions in the developed World on 16:51 - Dec 14 with 2318 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Governments for decades have ignored our ageing population and issues such as pensions and social care.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Worst pensions in the developed World on 17:06 - Dec 14 with 2295 viewsHighjack

Dot cotton seems to be getting by alright. She can afford to smoke 80 a day and still have enough for a swift gallon of tomato juice in the vic every evening.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Worst pensions in the developed World on 17:12 - Dec 14 with 2280 viewstrampie

Thatcher won the war, her greatest achievement was creating NuLabour and now most of the electorate don't have a choice [as its mainly Labour and Tories in England].

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Worst pensions in the developed World on 17:55 - Dec 14 with 2243 viewsLeonWasGod

Are those figures in the OP right? Piss poor if so. How do the Germans and Frenchies get on?

Pile it high, sell it cheap society. And that seems to include us.
Worst pensions in the developed World on 18:17 - Dec 14 with 2206 viewsLoyal

Worst pensions in the developed World on 17:06 - Dec 14 by Highjack

Dot cotton seems to be getting by alright. She can afford to smoke 80 a day and still have enough for a swift gallon of tomato juice in the vic every evening.

I would seriously smash her back doors in after a rub down with stork margarine.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Worst pensions in the developed World on 18:27 - Dec 14 with 2192 viewsHighjack

Worst pensions in the developed World on 18:17 - Dec 14 by Loyal

I would seriously smash her back doors in after a rub down with stork margarine.

Oh I say

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Worst pensions in the developed World on 18:45 - Dec 14 with 2155 viewslonglostjack

Worst pensions in the developed World on 17:55 - Dec 14 by LeonWasGod

Are those figures in the OP right? Piss poor if so. How do the Germans and Frenchies get on?

Pile it high, sell it cheap society. And that seems to include us.

I distrust international comparisons of many economic statistics. There are so many factors that can lead to a misleading picture. The concept of “average” is flawed by it’s very nature.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Worst pensions in the developed World on 18:57 - Dec 14 with 2140 viewslonglostjack

Worst pensions in the developed World on 18:27 - Dec 14 by Highjack

Oh I say

Legend

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Worst pensions in the developed World on 19:01 - Dec 14 with 2130 viewsLeonWasGod

Worst pensions in the developed World on 18:45 - Dec 14 by longlostjack

I distrust international comparisons of many economic statistics. There are so many factors that can lead to a misleading picture. The concept of “average” is flawed by it’s very nature.

Quite. H/she’s taken the mandatory pension only too. When you look at their data source, the column including voluntary schemes sees us move off the bottom, although still behind the OECD average.

It does show that we provide sh*t state pensions with the government trying to force the responsibility of contributions onto us. That’s the headline message.

But as it’s as a percentage of average wages, how do the different countries compare in terms of wages? As someone says in the comments, you wouldn’t want the Spanish one (implying it’s worth diddly squat). How far does each pension go - what’s the difference in the cost of living, etc? How much tax do people pay in the different countries? If we’re high, then the govt are taking this piss. If we’re low you can understand why they want us to contribute more. Etc....
Worst pensions in the developed World on 19:19 - Dec 14 with 2114 viewsHighjack

Mr Oppoloppoloppodus should have been paying into her pension for all the years she was working at the laundrette.

Worst pensions in the developed World on 19:58 - Dec 14 with 2085 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Worst pensions in the developed World on 18:45 - Dec 14 by longlostjack

On average people have 1.9 legs.

Worst pensions in the developed World on 20:50 - Dec 14 with 2038 viewsjack2jack

Well that's it, no more, if they think I'm busting my ass for that, they can think again, first thing Monday I quit.
Worst pensions in the developed World on 08:50 - Dec 15 with 1906 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

For decades Greece offered one of the most generous pension offerings in the world. How is that going for them?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Worst pensions in the developed World on 10:39 - Dec 15 with 1853 viewsHighjack

Worst pensions in the developed World on 08:50 - Dec 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

For decades Greece offered one of the most generous pension offerings in the world. How is that going for them?

Mr Oppoloppodoppodous is Greek and Dot had to carry on working into her nineties.

Worst pensions in the developed World on 10:39 - Dec 15 with 1853 viewscontroversial_jack

Worst pensions in the developed World on 08:50 - Dec 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The Netherlands have the best pension and they seem to be doing just fine
Worst pensions in the developed World on 10:55 - Dec 15 with 1844 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hardly comparing like with like.
The Germans pay 18.8% of thier wages towards their pensions and 8% of their wages towards healthcare. A total of 26.8%

In the uk we pay national insurance of about 11% to cover the cost of our pensions and healthcare.

If you are happy to pay NI at 26.8% then I am sure the uk could pay the same pension as the Germans.

Alternatively you could pay an additional 15% into a private pension pot.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Worst pensions in the developed World on 10:58 - Dec 15 with 1842 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not being funny, but how about posting all the info and not just snippets to run your agenda?

The numbers quoted in the OP are referring to State pension provision only. They DO NOT include any private provision you make. If they are included, then it brings the UK up to the average.

Lets not forget, higher state pensions = higher taxes. I will also guarantee the younger generations and lower-middle income earners would pay for this, not the rich end of the scale.

If you wish to run an agenda, i suggest you start looking at teh significant numeber of civil servants who sit on rather lucrative DB final salary/career average schemes which leave local councils with absolutely massive pension shortfalls. Taxpayer funded obviously. Private businesses did away with these years ago.

The pension environment in the Uk has always been historically different to most other countries. This isnt news. Although if the Governments continue to lower the annual allowances and caps or continue to slash tax relief on them, fill ur boots.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:00 - Dec 15 with 1837 viewsPozuelosSideys

Worst pensions in the developed World on 10:55 - Dec 15 by felixstowe_jack

The Germans pay 18.8% of thier wages towards their pensions and 8% of their wages towards healthcare. A total of 26.8%

In the uk we pay national insurance of about 11% to cover the cost of our pensions and healthcare.

If you are happy to pay NI at 26.8% then I am sure the uk could pay the same pension as the Germans.

To be fair mate, i dont disagree with most of what you said, but i doubt most average people can afford to lump 15% into a pension which may well end up losing value over time

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:06 - Dec 15 with 1829 viewsexiledclaseboy

Worst pensions in the developed World on 10:58 - Dec 15 by PozuelosSideys

Not being funny, but how about posting all the info and not just snippets to run your agenda?

The numbers quoted in the OP are referring to State pension provision only. They DO NOT include any private provision you make. If they are included, then it brings the UK up to the average.

Lets not forget, higher state pensions = higher taxes. I will also guarantee the younger generations and lower-middle income earners would pay for this, not the rich end of the scale.

If you wish to run an agenda, i suggest you start looking at teh significant numeber of civil servants who sit on rather lucrative DB final salary/career average schemes which leave local councils with absolutely massive pension shortfalls. Taxpayer funded obviously. Private businesses did away with these years ago.

The pension environment in the Uk has always been historically different to most other countries. This isnt news. Although if the Governments continue to lower the annual allowances and caps or continue to slash tax relief on them, fill ur boots.

Civil servants don’t work for local councils.

Poll: Tory leader

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:13 - Dec 15 with 1819 viewsPozuelosSideys

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:06 - Dec 15 by exiledclaseboy

Oops. You are correct of course. Civil Service would have been more accurate. I am still drunk. However, point still stands.

Didnt they slash the db schemes at the DVLA a while back?

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:18 - Dec 15 with 1810 viewsHighjack

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:06 - Dec 15 by exiledclaseboy

Wasn’t Ian Beale in the Walford Council at one point?

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:28 - Dec 15 with 1796 viewsexiledclaseboy

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:13 - Dec 15 by PozuelosSideys

Oops. You are correct of course. Civil Service would have been more accurate. I am still drunk. However, point still stands.

Didnt they slash the db schemes at the DVLA a while back?

Civil service would have been equally inaccurate.

I’m on an average salary pension now I think.

Poll: Tory leader

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:34 - Dec 15 with 1787 viewsPozuelosSideys

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:28 - Dec 15 by exiledclaseboy

Civil service would have been equally inaccurate.

I’m on an average salary pension now I think.

Either way, taxpayer funded.

Career average is still significantly better than the shite DC the rest of us get served up these days anyway

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:38 - Dec 15 with 1783 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Good post, our governments over many decades have underfunded pensions and social care.

At the same time governments have removed some of the tax and other incentives for businesses to run pension schemes which contributed to the decline in both number and value of employer pension schemes.

Worst pensions in the developed World on 11:52 - Dec 15 with 1767 viewscontroversial_jack

15% of your wages, unless you're on a super salary will give you peanuts when you retire, they are not like final salary pensions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024