Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 16:37 - Dec 15 with 9046 viewsBLAZE

Has been a class signing - our most capped player during the clubs most successful period ever, I believe

OK, he was finished at PL level. But now we're in the Championship we should've used him more. He's proved that over the last few games

Top Jack. F*ck the boo boys
Routledge on 23:33 - Dec 15 with 1777 viewsjasper_T

Routledge on 23:18 - Dec 15 by STID2017

in fairness the last two games he's been superb, but I'm sure he has only played four games this season and scored two goals.So hard to say he is our best player, that's a bit unfair on those who have been in the team all this season, don't you think ?
However, today he was the stand out player by a mile - sheer class.

"Clearly our best player" is always the flavour of the month, and we've had a fair few so far this season.

Football has a short memory. A couple of quiet games and Routledge will be past it again.
Routledge on 23:45 - Dec 15 with 1757 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Routledge on 20:12 - Dec 15 by jack247

To be honest, his shooting and final ball probably aren’t Championship standard. One of those players who (I’m guessing) overthinks it and ends up shanking his shot or cross. He’s never been particularly pacey for a winger, at least for us. He relies on timing, which is why he’s through or in space so often, but isn’t great one on one with a fullback.

Very clever player though. Underrated IMO.

I wonder how people would be judging him if he had finished even 20 per cent more of the chances he made or was given. That was always the frustrating thing for me. With the fraction of a second more that you get in the Championship might be all that is needed. Obviously a top club man, who has tried his heart out for this club, and his experience will be invaluable as we rebuild.
Routledge on 02:15 - Dec 16 with 1667 viewsDJack

Routledge on 23:33 - Dec 15 by jasper_T

"Clearly our best player" is always the flavour of the month, and we've had a fair few so far this season.

Football has a short memory. A couple of quiet games and Routledge will be past it again.

"Football has a short memory."

Except where it involves Potter and your "opinion".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Routledge on 12:02 - Dec 16 with 1528 viewsjasper_T

Routledge on 02:15 - Dec 16 by DJack

"Football has a short memory."

Except where it involves Potter and your "opinion".

Thanks for the compliment.
Routledge on 12:15 - Dec 16 with 1508 viewsjack247

Routledge on 23:45 - Dec 15 by Townhill_Hilton

I wonder how people would be judging him if he had finished even 20 per cent more of the chances he made or was given. That was always the frustrating thing for me. With the fraction of a second more that you get in the Championship might be all that is needed. Obviously a top club man, who has tried his heart out for this club, and his experience will be invaluable as we rebuild.

He’s never been able to finish and I don’t think the extra second helps him. He seems to shoot better when he doesn’t have time to think about it. He’s not going to turn into a goal machine, but is a great option to have, either on the right, or as cover for James on the left or Celina (assuming he gets back in the starting 11) at #10.
Routledge on 12:53 - Dec 16 with 1488 viewsBadlands

Routledge on 12:15 - Dec 16 by jack247

He’s never been able to finish and I don’t think the extra second helps him. He seems to shoot better when he doesn’t have time to think about it. He’s not going to turn into a goal machine, but is a great option to have, either on the right, or as cover for James on the left or Celina (assuming he gets back in the starting 11) at #10.

Check this page out -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/top-scorers

Routs a goal per 169 minutes played 75% shots on target.
McKay a goal per 1012 minutes played 30% shots on target.
Dan a goal per 917 minutes played 30% shots on target.
McBurnie a goal per 237 minutes played 56% shots on target.
Celina a goal per 516 minutes played 42% shots on target.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Routledge on 14:03 - Dec 16 with 1428 viewsairedale

Lies, damned lies and sadistics.
Routledge on 15:31 - Dec 16 with 1372 viewsBadlands

Routledge on 14:03 - Dec 16 by airedale

Lies, damned lies and sadistics.

Dhanda goal per 99 minutes and 100% shots on target.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 16:25 - Dec 16 with 1340 viewsDJack

Routledge on 12:02 - Dec 16 by jasper_T

Thanks for the compliment.

If you can see a compliment in there then you are even odder than I thought.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Routledge on 16:55 - Dec 16 with 1319 viewsjasper_T

Routledge on 16:25 - Dec 16 by DJack

If you can see a compliment in there then you are even odder than I thought.

You've said my opinion of Graham Potter isn't based on a short memory. A short memory isn't a good thing. Two wins doesn't make Potter immune from any past criticism and three losses in a week didn't make us relegation fodder. A longer perspective is important.

Routledge is doing well and if he maintains his current stats over a solid period now we'll be in a great spot.
Routledge on 17:29 - Dec 16 with 1297 viewsDJack

Routledge on 16:55 - Dec 16 by jasper_T

You've said my opinion of Graham Potter isn't based on a short memory. A short memory isn't a good thing. Two wins doesn't make Potter immune from any past criticism and three losses in a week didn't make us relegation fodder. A longer perspective is important.

Routledge is doing well and if he maintains his current stats over a solid period now we'll be in a great spot.

Er, no. I implied that you have a long term issue with Potter. Potter isn't immune from criticism but you have shown a penchant for linking Potter to failings with spurious evidence. In the post I'm replying to you state " A longer perspective is important." and I must ask then why are you not biding your time before your criticism?

As for Routledge, I agree. I've been a long term fan of him and like everyone else I found him deficient in the latter years of the Premier League but now we are in a league where he can shine. Also just a reminder for those idiotic fans (not you) who claimed that Routs was league 1 standard...please keep your stupidity to yourself in future.

EDIT cos I'm a dull arse who missed the quote.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 17:41]

Routledge on 18:41 - Dec 16 with 1245 viewsjasper_T

Routledge on 17:29 - Dec 16 by DJack

Er, no. I implied that you have a long term issue with Potter. Potter isn't immune from criticism but you have shown a penchant for linking Potter to failings with spurious evidence. In the post I'm replying to you state " A longer perspective is important." and I must ask then why are you not biding your time before your criticism?

As for Routledge, I agree. I've been a long term fan of him and like everyone else I found him deficient in the latter years of the Premier League but now we are in a league where he can shine. Also just a reminder for those idiotic fans (not you) who claimed that Routs was league 1 standard...please keep your stupidity to yourself in future.

EDIT cos I'm a dull arse who missed the quote.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 17:41]

I don't need to bide my time before saying "Potter got his preparation for the last Villa fixture all wrong" as I did in another thread. It's a specific criticism based on a single event, but has set off my fans calling me "boring" and dreaming up some wider vendetta against the man (and his team) where I'm on a campaign to undermine him because of my "links to the board" or something.

I don't have a long term issue with Potter beyond remembering mistakes he's made and hoping we don't see them repeated. Some people obviously don't like that (when we're winning, two weeks ago I was easily one of the more positive posters around here) but as you say he's not immune from criticism and he absolutely agrees with you based on what he says in press conferences. He's learning and has made/will make mistakes.

Some people on here say way worse about Potter than I do (he's a yes man, blatantly lies in every press conference, has no say over his team selections etc.). At least I give him credit for his own decisions, when they work and when they don't.
Routledge on 21:46 - Dec 16 with 1177 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge on 20:12 - Dec 15 by jack247

To be honest, his shooting and final ball probably aren’t Championship standard. One of those players who (I’m guessing) overthinks it and ends up shanking his shot or cross. He’s never been particularly pacey for a winger, at least for us. He relies on timing, which is why he’s through or in space so often, but isn’t great one on one with a fullback.

Very clever player though. Underrated IMO.

CAM is his best position. Could be Yoda to Celina's skywalker

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024