Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Dealerships 20:18 - Dec 15 with 8759 viewsDr_Winston

In the market for a first car for me. Any good dealers out there? Any horror stories of places to avoid? All feedback gratefully received.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Car Dealerships on 20:07 - Dec 16 with 1885 viewsPacemaker

Car Dealerships on 13:03 - Dec 16 by dickythorpe

Do Toyota 's still hold their value well?

Relatively so when you consider that they are very reasonably priced when new, I have had a Toyota for the last 6 years done about 80k miles travelling around the UK and Europe been brilliant probably lost about 8k of the 13k I paid for it when nearly new.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Car Dealerships on 20:26 - Dec 16 with 1858 viewsBluebird

Car Dealerships on 21:02 - Dec 15 by dickythorpe

Repo cars

Who are they?
Car Dealerships on 20:27 - Dec 16 with 1856 viewsBluebird

Nobody mentioned corner park 🤦‍♂️
Car Dealerships on 20:34 - Dec 16 with 1837 viewsjack_lord

Car Dealerships on 16:21 - Dec 16 by Garyjack

Have you tried Kevin 'JBG' off here? I've got his number if you want it?

He gave me a great deal on a car for my son. I had a huge bill that month so couldn't do it. Had to buy one a couple of months later elsewhere and it was a fecking lemon.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Car Dealerships on 21:23 - Dec 16 with 1809 viewsItchySphincter

Car Dealerships on 17:39 - Dec 16 by Dr_Winston

What's his company called? I've probably looked at them online.

I think he takes photos of his cars outside the Liberty.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Car Dealerships on 21:29 - Dec 16 with 1805 viewsNogginthenog

D S Jones and Son Car sales Samlet Rd Swansea. Can't speak highly enough of them.
Car Dealerships on 23:59 - Dec 16 with 1781 viewsJBG

Come and see me doc I’ll fix u up with a little belter, behind pic up spare landore trade cars2u 07815125150
Car Dealerships on 00:32 - Dec 17 with 1755 viewsEbo

Same fella from Wilson car sales in Cwmbach in Aberdare? I bought a Yaris from him in 2009 still going strong.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Login to get fewer ads

Car Dealerships on 06:15 - Dec 17 with 1711 viewsDr_Winston

Car Dealerships on 23:59 - Dec 16 by JBG

Come and see me doc I’ll fix u up with a little belter, behind pic up spare landore trade cars2u 07815125150

That's your place? Was planning to pop by there at some point.

Nice one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Car Dealerships on 17:00 - Dec 17 with 1630 viewsmonmouth

Car Dealerships on 00:32 - Dec 17 by Ebo

Same fella from Wilson car sales in Cwmbach in Aberdare? I bought a Yaris from him in 2009 still going strong.

Had an original 1999 Yaris when they made them in Japan. Wife did 65,000 miles in just over 4 years without a single problem, Sold it for 3K to a Salisbury farmer that we got to know. He sent me a text a year or so ago saying it was still going strong, over 200K miles. Fabulous cars for reliability. The new ones are unreliable shite apparently.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Car Dealerships on 01:04 - Dec 18 with 1563 viewsEbo

Car Dealerships on 17:00 - Dec 17 by monmouth

Had an original 1999 Yaris when they made them in Japan. Wife did 65,000 miles in just over 4 years without a single problem, Sold it for 3K to a Salisbury farmer that we got to know. He sent me a text a year or so ago saying it was still going strong, over 200K miles. Fabulous cars for reliability. The new ones are unreliable shite apparently.

Parts are fairly cheap too.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Car Dealerships on 04:26 - Dec 18 with 1530 viewssquarebear

I don’t know much about buying cars, as I tend to buy 3 year olds that last me 10+ years, but this is relevant to the suggestion I’m about to make.

I bought my current car - a 2005 BMW 320d - 11 years ago. It now has just shy of 250K miles on the clock, is still an absolute pleasure to drive, is monotonously reliable, but is worth absolutely nothing.

If it ever gives up the ghost I’d be very happy replacing it with a similar age BMW. I’d ask Gary or Paul at Bryn Motors to give it the onceover and bobs your uncle. Service it regularly and you could have a few years trouble-free motoring out of it for next to no investment.

Caveat. If you’re a youngster then insurance may prove prohibitive, of course.
Car Dealerships on 08:18 - Dec 18 with 1469 viewsgadgetuk

Brynhyfryd car sales - We had excellent service from them - albeit this was 10 years ago!
Car Dealerships on 14:35 - Dec 19 with 1355 viewsBarrySwan

Car Dealerships on 20:40 - Dec 15 by Dr_Winston

My budget ain't gonna stretch to nearly new. Probably no more than two grand for a first car.

Here you go matey.

Befitting a high roller such as yourself.

£1600 will get it I'm sure.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-ROVER-75-CONNOISSEUR-SE-CDTi-AUTO-LOW-MILES-SAT-

You deserve a little luxury at the start of your car ownership, you don't even have to bother changing gear.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 14:39]
Car Dealerships on 19:29 - Dec 19 with 1300 viewsDr_Winston

Car Dealerships on 14:35 - Dec 19 by BarrySwan

Here you go matey.

Befitting a high roller such as yourself.

£1600 will get it I'm sure.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-ROVER-75-CONNOISSEUR-SE-CDTi-AUTO-LOW-MILES-SAT-

You deserve a little luxury at the start of your car ownership, you don't even have to bother changing gear.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2018 14:39]

A Rover 75? I'm 40, not 60.

Car Dealerships on 09:58 - Dec 20 with 1204 viewsWarwickHunt

Car Dealerships on 19:29 - Dec 19 by Dr_Winston

A Rover 75? I'm 40, not 60.

I wish I'd known - just send those string-backed driving gloves back I sent you for Xmas or take them to a charity shop if it's easier.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 10:01]
Car Dealerships on 10:31 - Dec 20 with 1185 viewsPacemaker

When you do see a car you like check out its MOT history on Gov.Uk

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Very useful to confirm mileage and show a history of mot, constant failures tend to indicate lack of care/ servicing it also includes advisories such as oil leaks, brake pad wear etc so a bit of a bargaining tool.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024