Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit: the movie 23:21 - Dec 15 with 1418 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Well...here's something sure to piss off almost everyone of both sides. Focuses on the story of Dominic Cummings, as played by Benedict Cumberbatch.

America's HBO is promoting/airing it, but it's interesting that the production of this film was commissioned by Britain's public service Channel 4.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Brexit: the movie on 23:49 - Dec 15 with 1377 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Strange to me that all of the anger about this movie seems to coming from the Remain side; even though, based on the trailer, it seems the point of this movie is to portray the Leave campaign as corrupt and manipulative.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Brexit: the movie on 23:52 - Dec 15 with 1368 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit: the movie on 23:49 - Dec 15 by Tummer_from_Texas

Strange to me that all of the anger about this movie seems to coming from the Remain side; even though, based on the trailer, it seems the point of this movie is to portray the Leave campaign as corrupt and manipulative.

Yeah but you voted for Trump which makes your opinion on anything invalid and irrelevant. Move along.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit: the movie on 23:53 - Dec 15 with 1368 viewsPozuelosSideys

Dont worry, if its true to life then it will end up like the Police Academy franchise and have about 15 films spanned over 40 years. It will be a slow burner with many twists and turns. Sometimes there will be laughter, other times crying. Most of the time anger and many a 'wtf' moment.

Continuity may be an issue mind. And in the end, i bet the plot twist is that we find out that nothing actually changes at all.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Brexit: the movie on 00:16 - Dec 16 with 1351 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Brexit: the movie on 23:52 - Dec 15 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah but you voted for Trump which makes your opinion on anything invalid and irrelevant. Move along.

No, I think I'll stick around, thanks. You have a nice evening, buddy.

Oh, but for the record, I really don't have an opinion about Brexit. See, unlike you, I don't pretend to think I know what's best for people an ocean away from me.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 0:20]

Brexit: the movie on 00:23 - Dec 16 with 1334 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit: the movie on 00:16 - Dec 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

Oh, but for the record, I really don't have an opinion about Brexit. See, unlike you, I don't pretend to think I know what's best for people an ocean away from me.

Have a nice day now, y’all.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit: the movie on 02:19 - Dec 16 with 1269 viewsDJack

"See, unlike you, I don't pretend to think I know what's best for people an ocean away from me."

I wish your government were like you then the world would be a better place.

p.s. That is not a pop at you but at those who "represent" you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Brexit: the movie on 02:39 - Dec 16 with 1266 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Brexit: the movie on 02:19 - Dec 16 by DJack

"See, unlike you, I don't pretend to think I know what's best for people an ocean away from me."

I wish your government were like you then the world would be a better place.

p.s. That is not a pop at you but at those who "represent" you.

No offense taken at all, and I completely agree. One of the first political opinions I developed as far back as child was hating the feeling of the USA being the world's policemen. But I guess that applies throughout history to about every "superpower" or whatever we are at this point.

Brexit: the movie on 02:57 - Dec 16 with 1258 viewsDJack

Brexit: the movie on 02:39 - Dec 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

No offense taken at all, and I completely agree. One of the first political opinions I developed as far back as child was hating the feeling of the USA being the world's policemen. But I guess that applies throughout history to about every "superpower" or whatever we are at this point.

Yep. The only problem now is that technology over amplifies the effect that coupled with the venal ass-licking from the remaining 4 of the" 5-eyes" makes for a terrible future.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit: the movie on 05:11 - Dec 16 with 1228 viewstrinityann

Desparate times calls for desparate measures, haven't they learned from sending pro remain leaflets to every household in the UK.
Brexit: the movie on 13:45 - Dec 16 with 1112 viewsrockinjk

350 m for nhs

Take back control

Control on immigration (nudge nudge wink wink)

Project fear

Think I’d struggle to watch it. The shysters
Brexit: the movie on 14:21 - Dec 16 with 1093 viewsunion_jack

Brexit: the movie on 23:52 - Dec 15 by exiledclaseboy

Meee-owwwww!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Brexit: the movie on 21:33 - Dec 16 with 1013 viewsphact0rri

It kind of feels, like everyone has a right to have an opinion of trump as much as he says "America First" his foreign policy is effecting the entire planet, with his stances on climate change, the UN, NATO, etc.

And yes, Brexit will effect the US and most of the world too. we are all far to inter connected to pretend each nation is in some sort of gilded palace, or... a mexican border wall.

And this isn't an attack, from me-- to be clear. I think its important to learn and form opinions about global matters, not just your local politics. And I realize having eggs in three different countries (US, UK, and Japan) might make me biased on foreign policy. But history has shown what happens when we don't pay attention to global problems.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Brexit: the movie on 21:48 - Dec 16 with 999 viewsThursday

I think the anger is due to Benny's hair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024