Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CCV 16:11 - Dec 17 with 2415 views34dfgdf54

Spurs in talks with us about terminating the loan deal according to a few Spurs fans. They want him to spend the second half of season at Ipswich.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 16:13]
CCV on 16:18 - Dec 17 with 2377 viewsLeonWasGod

Presumably for more game time (if there's any truth to it of course). That would be a shame as although he's no better than what we have he is at least a senior CB, and we don't have many of them.
CCV on 16:21 - Dec 17 with 2352 viewsjasper_T

That why he's played the last 4 games, then?
CCV on 16:26 - Dec 17 with 2332 views34dfgdf54

CCV on 16:21 - Dec 17 by jasper_T

Not sure on how legit the source is.

Wouldn’t surprise me though.
CCV on 16:29 - Dec 17 with 2322 viewsyescomeon

CCV on 16:18 - Dec 17 by LeonWasGod

Presumably for more game time (if there's any truth to it of course). That would be a shame as although he's no better than what we have he is at least a senior CB, and we don't have many of them.

Younger than Cian Harries, so not that senior. Harries is good enough for the amount of playing time Carter-Vickers is getting. Leaves us thin on the ground though if true. Especially if we're going to be playing 3 at the back from time to time.

Upthecity!

CCV on 16:31 - Dec 17 with 2314 viewsjasper_T

Not the end of the world if he gets recalled. Rodon's got errors in him but is still picked every week, and Cian did fine at Villa. Two good young lads in the u23s (even if Cooper has been struggling lately) and Cabango returning from TNS in January iirc.

Cue the cries of "they're not good enough", "League Two at best".
CCV on 16:32 - Dec 17 with 2311 viewsLeonWasGod

CCV on 16:21 - Dec 17 by jasper_T

I'm pretty sure he was ever-present for Ipswich last year, and seen as one of their important players. He's made 4 starts (I think) for us in nearly half a season. I bet Spurs would like him to get more game time.
CCV on 16:33 - Dec 17 with 2307 viewsjasper_T

CCV on 16:29 - Dec 17 by yescomeon

Younger than Cian Harries, so not that senior. Harries is good enough for the amount of playing time Carter-Vickers is getting. Leaves us thin on the ground though if true. Especially if we're going to be playing 3 at the back from time to time.

Naughton was very good in the back three last season, if that's an approach Potter wants to stick with (results suggest he probably shouldn't).
CCV on 16:35 - Dec 17 with 2301 views34dfgdf54

CCV on 16:31 - Dec 17 by jasper_T

Not the end of the world if he gets recalled. Rodon's got errors in him but is still picked every week, and Cian did fine at Villa. Two good young lads in the u23s (even if Cooper has been struggling lately) and Cabango returning from TNS in January iirc.

Did you not cry when Potter put Cian in at Villa?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 16:35]
Login to get fewer ads

CCV on 16:36 - Dec 17 with 2294 viewsLeonWasGod

CCV on 16:29 - Dec 17 by yescomeon

More senior game experience though, but yep he's still fairly young even if he does look like a brick sh*thouse!

Yep, surely we'd have to get another one in as cover if he leaves. Wouldn't we? Or maybe not - Naughton at CB considering he's played everywhere else and been used in a 3 at the back setup. I wouldn't be surprised if we saved the money.
CCV on 16:43 - Dec 17 with 2257 viewsjasper_T

CCV on 16:35 - Dec 17 by 34dfgdf54

Did you not cry when Potter put Cian in at Villa?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 16:35]

The decision to go with a back three was alarming, and was a clear failure on the day.

I've never had a problem with Cian getting gametime, and he did fine.
CCV on 16:44 - Dec 17 with 2247 viewsBadlands

We probably need another mature CB. If Horn isn't available we'd be torn apart.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 19:29]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

CCV on 16:47 - Dec 17 with 2229 views34dfgdf54

CCV on 16:43 - Dec 17 by jasper_T

The decision to go with a back three was alarming, and was a clear failure on the day.

I've never had a problem with Cian getting gametime, and he did fine.

He’s always looked a decent player but I’ve seen very little.

Clear failure is debatable. According to many on here we should have won and only conceded the one, which was from a basic cross which if memory serves should have been easily cleared by VDH.
CCV on 16:50 - Dec 17 with 2208 viewsZaxx

Looks a solid player but doesn't carry the ball forward as well as some CHs.
CCV on 16:56 - Dec 17 with 2179 viewsgiantstoneater

The bigget problem we have at the moment is inexperience, letting CCV go and bringing Cian in would only deepen that, the situation is not helped with the injury to Martin Olssen so if Naughton is to be used we would need cover at left back don`t like Grimes there and Declan John is not an option for many on here. Can`t see us playing hardball with Spurs over this especially if we have a refund!!
CCV on 17:00 - Dec 17 with 2166 viewsjasper_T

CCV on 16:47 - Dec 17 by 34dfgdf54

He’s always looked a decent player but I’ve seen very little.

Clear failure is debatable. According to many on here we should have won and only conceded the one, which was from a basic cross which if memory serves should have been easily cleared by VDH.

We were much better after Potter changed the system to a back four right after half time, so he at least recognised it as a failure.
CCV on 17:27 - Dec 17 with 2049 viewsWarwickHunt

CCV on 16:44 - Dec 17 by Badlands

We probably need another mature CB. If Horn isn't available we'd be torn apart.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 19:29]

Better than a blind one although it may fall on deaf ears.
CCV on 18:26 - Dec 17 with 1900 viewspencoedjack

CCV on 16:31 - Dec 17 by jasper_T

I'd expect any youngster who is thrown into 1st team action 'to make a few errors' let's hope supporters don't get on his back hey?
CCV on 18:27 - Dec 17 with 1896 viewsLoyal

Season long loan which clearly has certain clauses, however it's very very difficult to terminate a loan if the club and player want it to continue. Tottenham will struggle to get this past the league if Swansea and ccv are happy.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

CCV on 18:32 - Dec 17 with 1874 viewsJFSwan

I like him, hasn't done much wrong and if Rodon wasn't one of our own hed have alot more game time
CCV on 19:08 - Dec 17 with 1781 viewsjasper_T

CCV on 18:26 - Dec 17 by pencoedjack

I'd expect any youngster who is thrown into 1st team action 'to make a few errors' let's hope supporters don't get on his back hey?

Joe's got 20 games under his belt he's an experienced pro now, mun.

Got caught out quite a few times on Saturday. Happening more in recent weeks than it did in his first few 'thrown in the at deep end' matches. Might be getting tired mentally, or simply taking more initiative to get us playing leading to too many risks as a result.

Spurs probably looking at it and (correctly) assuming Potter's more interested in his own project than theirs.On ability CCV should have had more games than he's had.
CCV on 19:23 - Dec 17 with 1730 viewsjack247

CCV on 18:27 - Dec 17 by Loyal

Season long loan which clearly has certain clauses, however it's very very difficult to terminate a loan if the club and player want it to continue. Tottenham will struggle to get this past the league if Swansea and ccv are happy.

To be fair, if he gets offered the chance to go somewhere he’s played before and probably get a lot more games, he’d probably want to look at it.
CCV on 19:52 - Dec 17 with 1648 viewstheloneranger

"TOTTENHAM IN TALKS WITH SWANSEA OVER CARTER-VICKERS"

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/tottenham-in-talks-with-swansea-over-cart

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

CCV on 20:56 - Dec 17 with 1462 viewsLoyal

CCV on 19:52 - Dec 17 by theloneranger

"TOTTENHAM IN TALKS WITH SWANSEA OVER CARTER-VICKERS"

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/tottenham-in-talks-with-swansea-over-cart

Looks like they will need to pay to get him away from us.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024