Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 19:13 - Dec 18 with 14560 views1983

https://www.peoplescollection.wales/discover/tags/57298

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 19:52 - Dec 18 with 5364 viewssherpajacob

The elm park riot. 1993?

I'm on that terrace somewhere, can't find myself though. Young, slim, good looking with a fine head of hair.

The 25 years since have not been kind.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 19:59 - Dec 18 with 5341 viewsLoyal

1993, the jacks seriously stoked the fire that year.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 20:04 - Dec 18 with 5325 viewsbonymine

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 19:52 - Dec 18 by sherpajacob

The elm park riot. 1993?

I'm on that terrace somewhere, can't find myself though. Young, slim, good looking with a fine head of hair.

I’m in those Reading ones as well.....just where has that time gone !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 20:26 - Dec 18 with 5246 views1983

The elm park riot. 1993?

Still waiting for the knock on the door

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 20:34 - Dec 18 with 5212 viewspencoedjack

The elm park riot. 1993?

Ditto
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 20:43 - Dec 18 with 5187 viewsbryanwadesquiff

In the Reading photos...just showed my daughter who's the same age as i was then.
"Dad that's funking embarrassing, there's pricks in my 6th Form who follow the Swans and think they're hard just like you did".
Brings it all in to retrospective really.
What a Prat!
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 20:48 - Dec 18 with 5150 viewssainthelens

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 20:43 - Dec 18 by bryanwadesquiff

In the Reading photos...just showed my daughter who's the same age as i was then.
"Dad that's funking embarrassing, there's pricks in my 6th Form who follow the Swans and think they're hard just like you did".
Brings it all in to retrospective really.
What a Prat!

Exuberance of youth....well that was my excuse.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 21:36 - Dec 18 with 5056 viewsstevethejack

I made it on there - top middle of the picture, in line with support for the fence, behind the guy with the painted face, looking down at the guy being bum raped by the copper.

https://www.peoplescollection.wales/items/542647
Login to get fewer ads

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:06 - Dec 18 with 4943 viewsjackharris

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 21:36 - Dec 18 by stevethejack

I made it on there - top middle of the picture, in line with support for the fence, behind the guy with the painted face, looking down at the guy being bum raped by the copper.

https://www.peoplescollection.wales/items/542647

Funnily enough I saw you before I saw your post...

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:19 - Dec 18 with 4898 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:27 - Dec 18 with 4867 viewsjackharris

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:19 - Dec 18 by jackharris

I was 17, and we had the oldest and strangest coach they could possibly find. We went with either the supporters buses or T.I.T.S It was a Bank holiday weekend so they had to find buses from anywhere because the demand was so high...

The coach was something like this.

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:34 - Dec 18 with 4851 viewsTailGunner

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:19 - Dec 18 by jackharris

I'm in there too... somewhere..
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 23:37]
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 00:12 - Dec 19 with 4714 viewsjack_lord

The elm park riot. 1993?

I had tickets in the stand with older family members who were doing a lot of tutting. I had seen one group of mates just before the game covered in blood screaming we had to get them.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 02:31 - Dec 19 with 4641 viewsangryjack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 00:12 - Dec 19 by jack_lord

I had tickets in the stand with older family members who were doing a lot of tutting. I had seen one group of mates just before the game covered in blood screaming we had to get them.

Shamed to say got arrested before game kicked off and never came home that day
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 09:21 - Dec 19 with 4458 viewsdna

Spotted myself (at Reading) with our regular away travellers - a few faces no longer with us RIP
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:10 - Dec 19 with 4411 viewsOptimisticJack

I was at Elm Park that day with my young son who was terrified by some of the scenes we witnessed.
The behaviour of some our fans that day brought total discredit to our club.

Optimisticjack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:11 - Dec 19 with 4411 viewsLoyal

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 09:21 - Dec 19 by dna

Spotted myself (at Reading) with our regular away travellers - a few faces no longer with us RIP

It's incredible how many have passed on. A good 9 I can see, jeez.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:29 - Dec 19 with 4380 viewssainthelens

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:10 - Dec 19 by OptimisticJack

I was at Elm Park that day with my young son who was terrified by some of the scenes we witnessed.
The behaviour of some our fans that day brought total discredit to our club.

Gotta say, compared to a lot of what was going on in those days, even though it made news, it was mild in comparison.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:34 - Dec 19 with 4375 views1983

The police lost total control that day and then hit the panic button,someone high must have had their arse kicked.

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:57 - Dec 19 with 4349 viewsTailGunner

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:29 - Dec 19 by sainthelens

Gotta say, compared to a lot of what was going on in those days, even though it made news, it was mild in comparison.

Sorry mate - It was carnage.
Our bus was stopped on way in - police saying there is mayhem - your lot our smashing up the place.

It carried on for the whole 90mins plus them hold up.
Fences ripped down, launched at police. Refreshment kiosk wrecked - contents thrown at home supporters. The segregation fence at the side of the home end was torn down - people who didn't just walk into the home end went in that way - until the riot police arrived. Police & stewards were attacked constantly.
I read at the time it was the first time that Riot police were called to a football ground in Britain?

The home game against Wigan the following Tuesday, when we clinched the play off place - was something else - police snatch squads on the north bank - I'm sure many of our fans must have gone in disguise...
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:17 - Dec 19 with 4326 viewssainthelens

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:57 - Dec 19 by TailGunner

Sorry mate - It was carnage.
Our bus was stopped on way in - police saying there is mayhem - your lot our smashing up the place.

It carried on for the whole 90mins plus them hold up.
Fences ripped down, launched at police. Refreshment kiosk wrecked - contents thrown at home supporters. The segregation fence at the side of the home end was torn down - people who didn't just walk into the home end went in that way - until the riot police arrived. Police & stewards were attacked constantly.
I read at the time it was the first time that Riot police were called to a football ground in Britain?

The home game against Wigan the following Tuesday, when we clinched the play off place - was something else - police snatch squads on the north bank - I'm sure many of our fans must have gone in disguise...

Eh look, I was there, in the thick of it and agree it went off. But having been just about everywhere with us from the late 70s, let me tell you I saw lot worse.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:19 - Dec 19 with 4322 viewsTailGunner

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:17 - Dec 19 by sainthelens

Eh look, I was there, in the thick of it and agree it went off. But having been just about everywhere with us from the late 70s, let me tell you I saw lot worse.

I've seen plenty of problems in the years prior & after that game - but worse?
Have you got any examples that were worse than Elm Park - I'm genuinely intrigued?
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:29 - Dec 19 with 4310 viewssainthelens

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:19 - Dec 19 by TailGunner

Have you got any examples that were worse than Elm Park - I'm genuinely intrigued?

Inside a ground, maybe not. But around the grounds...plenty. Bristol Rovers (a) eastville late 70s, Ashton Gate, few years later running battles in their park next to ground. Upton Park fa cup...outside before game carnage. Plymouth away 90s. All the above involved both sets of fans. Many more examples. Elm park was bit one way traffic.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 12:02 - Dec 19 with 4274 viewsTailGunner

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:29 - Dec 19 by sainthelens

Inside a ground, maybe not. But around the grounds...plenty. Bristol Rovers (a) eastville late 70s, Ashton Gate, few years later running battles in their park next to ground. Upton Park fa cup...outside before game carnage. Plymouth away 90s. All the above involved both sets of fans. Many more examples. Elm park was bit one way traffic.

Yes agree it was one way traffic.
Was at Plymouth & that was the same. Pubs smashed up etc.

The West Ham trip was notorious. ICF in the away end fighting all game, Palace at Ninian - Bob Bank the same
Plenty of other battles like you say - fully on board with that.

Its just the whole day at Elm park was absolute carnage.

We were on the national news a few times Panathinaikos both legs.

Not glorifying anything before i get shouted down by anyone - these things happened.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 12:04 - Dec 19 with 4275 viewsosj

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:19 - Dec 19 by TailGunner

Elm park was a tea party compared to other incidents in the past such as Bristol city home (mason the police dog game), Bristol city away the battle of bedminster when they sprayed us with amonia, and my particular favourite was ripping Cardiff's stand apart, there are many more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024