Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin Braithwaite 23:55 - Dec 19 with 4244 viewsomarjack

Apparently we're into bringing this fellow from Boro, I remember him playing for Denmark in the world cup, kind of slow but decent end product from what I recall, he isn't getting much play time behind Assombalonga so Pulis is willing to to let him go on loan.

The problem? His wages are certainly too high for us, he's reportedly the highest paid Boro player (around 40k/wk) and Boro will be expecting all the wages to be paid in full so it's not likely that the move will be sanctioned. But still, it seems like a serious link.

He hasn't really lit the league on fire or anything, but I'd say he'd be a sure enough striker option to have, he'd cost around 1 m for half a season though, too steep perhaps?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Martin Braithwaite on 23:59 - Dec 19 with 4237 viewsjasper_T

Braithwaite - Boro by 34dfgdf54 16 Dec 2018 10:31
Tweet from Nixon:

SWANSEA. Shock interest in Braithwaite at MIDDLESBROUGH. Could only afford a loan. Even then need couple of big hitters out.

Martin Braithwaite on 00:05 - Dec 20 with 4218 viewsLoyal

How do you know the financial detail Omar ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Martin Braithwaite on 06:50 - Dec 20 with 4084 viewsSTID2017

Martin Braithwaite on 00:05 - Dec 20 by Loyal

How do you know the financial detail Omar ?

He's Bignose in disguise mun

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Martin Braithwaite on 09:12 - Dec 20 with 3935 viewsPegojack

Have we still got that chief scout who only knows the way to Middlesbrough, then?
Martin Braithwaite on 09:35 - Dec 20 with 3884 viewsJinxy

Martin Braithwaite on 06:50 - Dec 20 by STID2017

He's Bignose in disguise mun

Can't be - because he knows the financial details.
Martin Braithwaite on 09:41 - Dec 20 with 3869 viewsbuilthjack

I cant see anyone coming in on more than 10k a week

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Martin Braithwaite on 09:46 - Dec 20 with 3852 viewsFireboy2

Martin Braithwaite on 09:41 - Dec 20 by builthjack

I cant see anyone coming in on more than 10k a week

I dont know how the poor things manage
Martin Braithwaite on 09:49 - Dec 20 with 3849 viewsbuilthjack

Martin Braithwaite on 09:46 - Dec 20 by Fireboy2

Yes, the poor s#ds may have to drive a range rover instead of a Bentley.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Martin Braithwaite on 10:52 - Dec 20 with 3783 viewsvetchonian

Martin Braithwaite on 09:46 - Dec 20 by Fireboy2

I bet none of todays pro footballers will need to find another job when they stop playing.
My postman is one Gary Emmanuel......just imagine Jordan Ayew having to walk the strrets on a rainy day......he couldnt be asked to get out of bed to go training!

I blame the clubs though.....all chairmen should have stood up to the greedy agents!!!
Though it is said of course one Brian CLough used to throw brown envelopes around alledgedly

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Martin Braithwaite on 12:31 - Dec 20 with 3666 viewsjasper_T

Martin Braithwaite on 10:52 - Dec 20 by vetchonian

I bet none of todays pro footballers will need to find another job when they stop playing.
My postman is one Gary Emmanuel......just imagine Jordan Ayew having to walk the strrets on a rainy day......he couldnt be asked to get out of bed to go training!

I blame the clubs though.....all chairmen should have stood up to the greedy agents!!!
Though it is said of course one Brian CLough used to throw brown envelopes around alledgedly

Where should the money go if not players? Club executives or Sky keep it?
Martin Braithwaite on 12:41 - Dec 20 with 3643 viewsvetchonian

Martin Braithwaite on 12:31 - Dec 20 by jasper_T

Where should the money go if not players? Club executives or Sky keep it?

HOw about investing in clubs infrastructures,stadiums,training and development facilities.
We as a club benifited from the SKy revenue before we burst our wages control policy...now look where we ended up....wage bill almost the size of our income stream.

I am not saying not to pay players but these days they are over rewarded as a consequence of the TV money ,greedy agents and chairmen who want to succeed in coompetions to receive even more income and so it goes on

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Martin Braithwaite on 13:01 - Dec 20 with 3596 viewsLeonWasGod

Martin Braithwaite on 12:41 - Dec 20 by vetchonian

HOw about investing in clubs infrastructures,stadiums,training and development facilities.
We as a club benifited from the SKy revenue before we burst our wages control policy...now look where we ended up....wage bill almost the size of our income stream.

I am not saying not to pay players but these days they are over rewarded as a consequence of the TV money ,greedy agents and chairmen who want to succeed in coompetions to receive even more income and so it goes on

Didn't we do that rather well? A brand spanking new facility up Fairwood, and a lovely youth setup down by the river.

It's the ordinary workers behind the scenes I feel sorry for. All this cash flying around to the agents, players, directors and the poor buggers in finance,etc, get a pittance and by the sounds of it are not treated especially well (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I've only heard a couple of grumbles from workers there).
Martin Braithwaite on 13:20 - Dec 20 with 3555 viewsjasper_T

Martin Braithwaite on 13:01 - Dec 20 by LeonWasGod

Didn't we do that rather well? A brand spanking new facility up Fairwood, and a lovely youth setup down by the river.

It's the ordinary workers behind the scenes I feel sorry for. All this cash flying around to the agents, players, directors and the poor buggers in finance,etc, get a pittance and by the sounds of it are not treated especially well (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I've only heard a couple of grumbles from workers there).

And a lot of people complained about how much we spent on that. Waste of money that should have gone to buy another Sam Clucas or Borja Baston.
Martin Braithwaite on 13:27 - Dec 20 with 3548 viewsLeonWasGod

Martin Braithwaite on 13:20 - Dec 20 by jasper_T

And a lot of people complained about how much we spent on that. Waste of money that should have gone to buy another Sam Clucas or Borja Baston.

Yeah, I don't think we got the balance wrong. Just wasted the money that we did have for players, especially later on. Criticism for not expanding the ground as soon as we were promoted is justified in hindsight, but that was complicated by us not owning it. Other clubs in similar situation have managed to do so though.
Martin Braithwaite on 20:56 - Dec 20 with 3324 viewssideline

Martin Braithwaite on 12:41 - Dec 20 by vetchonian

like harry rednapp said,there are players earning 80k a week that cant play football,bonkers
Martin Braithwaite on 10:59 - Dec 28 with 2961 views3swan

If there was any truth in this then it looks very unlikely now

https://the72.co.uk/121596/middlesbrough-set-sell-want-away-striker-spanish-side
Martin Braithwaite on 11:30 - Dec 28 with 2897 viewsLoyal

Martin Braithwaite on 10:59 - Dec 28 by 3swan

https://the72.co.uk/121596/middlesbrough-set-sell-want-away-striker-spanish-side

Leganes won't pay him 15k a week let alone 50k. Nonsense.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Martin Braithwaite on 11:30 - Dec 28 with 2897 views34dfgdf54

Martin Braithwaite on 10:59 - Dec 28 by 3swan

They were always going to sell if they had a bid.

Similar to the situation we was in with the Ayew’s.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 11:30]
Martin Braithwaite on 12:05 - Dec 28 with 2846 viewsWarwickHunt

Martin Braithwaite on 09:12 - Dec 20 by Pegojack

Have we still got that chief scout who only knows the way to Middlesbrough, then?

Yep - his mother lives in Falkirk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024