Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area 08:18 - Dec 20 with 7913 viewsMrSwerve

Chaos. I don’t know how regulated drone flights are but I suspect it’s not as strict as it should be. It should be illegal to fly drones above a certain altitude in my opinion.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 08:29 - Dec 20 with 3854 views3swan

Already is, even without the law it's total stupidity.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-drone-laws-bring-added-protection-for-pas
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 08:32 - Dec 20 with 3843 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is illegal to fly above a certain height. Also illegal anywhere near restricted sites and restricted airspace . Trouble is how do you enforce it. Should only be sold to someone who has passed a safety course and is licensed.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 08:38 - Dec 20 with 3832 viewsraynor94

This is obviously somebody trying to sabotage the airport, its now closed till at least 10 am.

Hopefully police will catch the perpetrators
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 9:11]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 08:41 - Dec 20 with 3828 viewsMrSwerve

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 08:32 - Dec 20 by felixstowe_jack

It is illegal to fly above a certain height. Also illegal anywhere near restricted sites and restricted airspace . Trouble is how do you enforce it. Should only be sold to someone who has passed a safety course and is licensed.

Yeah that’s what I was getting at. Anyone can buy a drone and fly it over an airport...very hard to police.

Maybe some form of a more sensitive primary radar to pick up threats more easily.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 10:52 - Dec 20 with 3750 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Another teenager having fun?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/06/teen-admits-bid-hack-cia-chiefs-comp

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 11:35 - Dec 20 with 3719 viewsWingstandwood

IMO the more powerful drones that fly further and higher should only be allowed to be purchased by people having an actual lisence to do so. Individuals that have a requirement to use drones for commercial and business purposes like landscaping, construction, aerial photography , anti-poaching etc fair enough.

I'm actually shocked that the more powerful ones are allowed bearing in mind stuff like terrorism and the fact there are members of society out there with zero common sense to actually use them safely/responsibly anyhow.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 11:40]

Argus!

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 12:39 - Dec 20 with 3671 viewsWarwickHunt

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 08:38 - Dec 20 by raynor94

This is obviously somebody trying to sabotage the airport, its now closed till at least 10 am.

4pm at the earliest now. I hope they catch the fûckers and let them take their chances in the departure lounge.

110,000 due to fly out of Gatwick today.
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 13:02 - Dec 20 with 3643 viewsdickythorpe

Instant jail. What a disruption to cause. The clueless tweets!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 13:45 - Dec 20 with 3620 viewsicecoldjack

Just my luck to route through gatwick this evening, hope it's all clear by then, Xmas hassle everywhere this week.. pain in the as free mun !!
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 14:29 - Dec 20 with 3555 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

There'll be a lot more of this now Gatwick are allowed to use their second runway due to the long standing agreement restricting its use expiring. Many environmental groups are up in arms about it and I suspect it is one of these groups responsible as this seems like a coordinated attack.

This should be a custodial sentence if caught, a substantial one at that as well. I can't begin to imagine the carnage if a plane went down over a town like Crawley.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 15:18 - Dec 20 with 3510 viewsWhiterockin

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 13:02 - Dec 20 by dickythorpe

Instant jail. What a disruption to cause. The clueless tweets!!!

Charge and name them, then release on bail awaiting a court appearance. This will save the country a lot of money.
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 16:16 - Dec 20 with 3454 viewsLoyal

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 08:38 - Dec 20 by raynor94

If they send up a drone they will get more visibility.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 16:18 - Dec 20 with 3450 viewsBloodyhills

How about when you buy one your details are registered along with the chip details in the drone and the chip can be read by some device or other.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 16:21]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 18:35 - Dec 20 with 3373 viewsBLAZE

Speaking of Gatwick, I got a great shot of it this morning

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 18:57 - Dec 20 with 3335 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 16:18 - Dec 20 by Bloodyhills

How about when you buy one your details are registered along with the chip details in the drone and the chip can be read by some device or other.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 16:21]

I highly doubt the sellers on places such as AliExpress, GearBest and other Chinese sites are going to be very cooperative with such a plan.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 20:12 - Dec 20 with 3267 viewsbonymine

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 18:35 - Dec 20 by BLAZE

Speaking of Gatwick, I got a great shot of it this morning

Fair play Blaze 👏👏👏🤣🤣🤣

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 20:35 - Dec 20 with 3238 viewsHumpty

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 14:29 - Dec 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There'll be a lot more of this now Gatwick are allowed to use their second runway due to the long standing agreement restricting its use expiring. Many environmental groups are up in arms about it and I suspect it is one of these groups responsible as this seems like a coordinated attack.

This should be a custodial sentence if caught, a substantial one at that as well. I can't begin to imagine the carnage if a plane went down over a town like Crawley.

It's probably Dianne Abbott Dwight.

If not her some other black women at least.
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 21:06 - Dec 20 with 3197 viewswestside

Don't worry Chris Grayling is the Transport Secretary
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 21:38 - Dec 20 with 3152 viewsWingstandwood

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 21:06 - Dec 20 by westside

He has sent out a warning to the drone operator stating that there is a possibility of a 5 year prison sentence. So in two and a half years the culprit would be let out with good behaviour.

Only two and a half years for the danger, disruption, chaos, misery and astronomical financial cost?

I'd get an act through parliament A.S.A.P and and up the sentencing to reflect the seriousness of the crime and the damage caused.

https://news.sky.com/story/chaos-at-gatwick-after-drone-sightings-force-runway-c
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 21:40]

Argus!

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 21:47 - Dec 20 with 3130 viewswestside

Video of the drone flying over Gatwick

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/20/first-footage-drone-evading-police-helicopters-ga
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 22:15 - Dec 20 with 3092 viewsHumpty

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 21:06 - Dec 20 by westside

The Defence Secretary should tell the drone to go away and shut up.
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 22:18 - Dec 20 with 3088 viewsdickythorpe

Why don't they just scramble an RAF jet and shoot the drone down? Or have they all knocked off for Xmas?
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 23:16 - Dec 20 with 3018 viewsKilkennyjack

They must have had a plan right, as this was an obvious thing that could happen ?

No plan ?

I guess other drones to bring them down is the obvious answer ?
In addition to good old fashioned shooting them down sharp shooter style...?

Drones only stay up 30 mins, so ....is this drone story a cover for something else entirely ?

Beware of the Risen People

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 06:08 - Dec 21 with 2923 viewsWarwickHunt

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 22:15 - Dec 20 by Humpty

The Defence Secretary should tell the drone to go away and shut up.

She’ll be off to Brussels with her begging bowl again soon. I doubt if she’ll shut up though.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 6:18]
Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 07:00 - Dec 21 with 2905 viewsBloodyhills

Gatwick closed due to people flying drones in the area on 18:57 - Dec 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I highly doubt the sellers on places such as AliExpress, GearBest and other Chinese sites are going to be very cooperative with such a plan.

There's always a problem for every solution.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024