Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Tsuami in Indonesia 11:17 - Dec 23 with 2148 viewsunion_jack

At least 222 dead and will rise apparently.

Same time of year as the last one 14 years ago.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 15:13 - Dec 24 with 2066 viewsunion_jack

Risen to 373 now, surprised no one on here has commented thus far.

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 15:41 - Dec 24 with 2053 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 15:13 - Dec 24 by union_jack

Absolutely tragic , volcanic eruption to blame

Krakatoa

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 17:27 - Dec 24 with 2018 viewsyescomeon

Not the "usual" mechanism to trigger a tsunami. It's something that could be in the future for the UK.

Upthecity!

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 19:58 - Dec 24 with 1999 viewsunion_jack

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 17:27 - Dec 24 by yescomeon

Not the "usual" mechanism to trigger a tsunami. It's something that could be in the future for the UK.

Landslide I heard. There's talk that there's a weakness on one of the Canaries that would devastate the entire east coast of America. It would travel many miles inland as well. Could happen anytime apparently.

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 23:11 - Dec 24 with 1958 viewslifelong

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 19:58 - Dec 24 by union_jack

Landslide I heard. There's talk that there's a weakness on one of the Canaries that would devastate the entire east coast of America. It would travel many miles inland as well. Could happen anytime apparently.

There was a documentary on that subject a while ago, it could also affect the coastline of South West Europe, including the UK.
Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 08:55 - Dec 26 with 1871 viewsyescomeon

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 19:58 - Dec 24 by union_jack

Some of the biggest marine landslides ever found are in the Norwegian shelf. They would have caused huge tsunamis to hit the Scottish east coast and the northern isles. For obvious reasons we know a hell of a lot about that particular bit of seabed and the slope stability so probably not anything to worry about in the short term. I've not heard about the Canaries, will have to look that documentary up.

Upthecity!

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 09:13 - Dec 26 with 1862 viewsLeonWasGod

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 08:55 - Dec 26 by yescomeon

Some of the biggest marine landslides ever found are in the Norwegian shelf. They would have caused huge tsunamis to hit the Scottish east coast and the northern isles. For obvious reasons we know a hell of a lot about that particular bit of seabed and the slope stability so probably not anything to worry about in the short term. I've not heard about the Canaries, will have to look that documentary up.

Yep, Storegga slides caused by submarine landslides on the edge of the continental shelf off Norway.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storegga_Slide

My background is in geoscience, we used to take students up there and teach them about this. Apparently there’s a chance it could happen again, but probably as likely any time soon as us getting a full season out of Motero & Bony
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 9:15]
Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 10:59 - Dec 26 with 1834 viewsunion_jack

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 09:13 - Dec 26 by LeonWasGod

Yep, Storegga slides caused by submarine landslides on the edge of the continental shelf off Norway.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storegga_Slide

My background is in geoscience, we used to take students up there and teach them about this. Apparently there’s a chance it could happen again, but probably as likely any time soon as us getting a full season out of Motero & Bony
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 9:15]

Well that's a relief!

Here's a link to an article on Las Palmas volcano.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/546450/megatsunami-killer-wave-uk-s

Login to get fewer ads

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 13:40 - Dec 26 with 1807 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 10:59 - Dec 26 by union_jack

Well that's a relief!

Here's a link to an article on Las Palmas volcano.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/546450/megatsunami-killer-wave-uk-s

Combre Vieja or something similar if I recall correctly. The problem there is the threat of water causing a slip zone where half of the mountain slides into the sea. Everyone on the canaries obliterated and Morocco. Portugal and north west Africa seriously affected.

Anak Krakatoa (son of Krakatoa) has slowly rebuilt itself and one day will go pop again. No warning of this one and to make things worse it happened during the hours of darkness.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 13:48 - Dec 26 with 1796 viewsJosey_Wales37

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 15:13 - Dec 24 by union_jack

Absolutely terrible, seems to be no let up for them poor people.
Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 13:51 - Dec 26 with 1786 viewsHighjack

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 08:55 - Dec 26 by yescomeon

It was on of those catastrophic events that caused the flooding of Doggerland which separated Britain from mainland Europe according to scientists. But people like Kilkenny believe it was caused by God because he’s a brexiteer.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 14:02 - Dec 26 with 1778 viewsJosey_Wales37

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 17:27 - Dec 24 by yescomeon

Yes, the Canary Islands are shaking daily apparently in what they call seismic swarms. There is a subduction zone that not many realise between the Canaries and Portugal are I think it is. They say the danger to UK would be the side of the volcano out there is likely to slip into Atlantic.

The funny thing is, the recent quake in Swansea, was very relevant, as it followed a 6.7 mid Atlantic ridge quake and 3 other quakes of same magnitude happened in more or less a straight line from Wales within a couple days of each other. Some were just trying to write off as fracking, but imo was nothing to do with that and everything to do with Europe moving.

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 14:04 - Dec 26 with 1778 viewsLeonWasGod

Another Tsuami in Indonesia on 13:51 - Dec 26 by Highjack

It was on of those catastrophic events that caused the flooding of Doggerland which separated Britain from mainland Europe according to scientists. But people like Kilkenny believe it was caused by God because he’s a brexiteer.

I thought that strip of woodland by the car park at the bottom of Sketty Lane was Doggerland
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024