Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gatwick drone's couple... 11:42 - Dec 23 with 6512 viewsThrasher6

I'd be suing....been hung out to dry by the media...shameful really

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Gatwick drone's couple... on 18:43 - Dec 23 with 1615 viewsHumpty

Gatwick drone's couple... on 18:24 - Dec 23 by exiledclaseboy

F*ck me, Brexit amd trump are my fault as well now. And I don’t know how government works. Lolz.

Gotta love the arrogance and the “I’m so clever and you’re all just unthinking sheep” superiority complex of your average conspiracy nut job.

Studies have shown that those who believe in conspiracy theories score highly on tests for narcissism.

As you say the belief that only they and their kind are clever enough to understand the world, and the people who disagree are all sheep gives them some kind of comfort.

Bit sad really.
Gatwick drone's couple... on 18:51 - Dec 23 with 1596 viewsCooperman

Gatwick drone's couple... on 17:40 - Dec 23 by icecoldjack

Yes because the world's military are powerless to stop that arn't they ? Many think it was that type of drone used but the Israeli's have been using EMP guns for things like that, it's hardly cutting edge tech .

[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 17:41]

We (our forces) were never going to mobilise such countermeasure in such a short space of time. It took several hours for the enormity of the situation to take hold by which time LGW was slowing down for the night. It only really cranked up to DEFCON 5 on Friday morning.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Gatwick drone's couple... on 18:53 - Dec 23 with 1588 viewsLohengrin

Gatwick drone's couple... on 18:43 - Dec 23 by Humpty

Studies have shown that those who believe in conspiracy theories score highly on tests for narcissism.

As you say the belief that only they and their kind are clever enough to understand the world, and the people who disagree are all sheep gives them some kind of comfort.

Bit sad really.

You’ve just described the entire House of Commons there in one broad sweep.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gatwick drone's couple... on 18:57 - Dec 23 with 1589 viewsicecoldjack

Bit sad really.

Well it's the other poster exercising those traits, can't ever remember trying to be clever here just trying to point out that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that there is more to this than we first thought.

But you've defined the poster here too" the belief that they and their kind are clever enough to understand the world and the people who disagree are all sheep"

This was exactly his position on the Iraq war when he was "one of the few people" who disagreed with it on here, so by definition you've described your pal as a narcissist lolz!

Never mind you were only trying to help I guess.
Gatwick drone's couple... on 19:06 - Dec 23 with 1578 viewsicecoldjack

Gatwick drone's couple... on 18:51 - Dec 23 by Cooperman

We (our forces) were never going to mobilise such countermeasure in such a short space of time. It took several hours for the enormity of the situation to take hold by which time LGW was slowing down for the night. It only really cranked up to DEFCON 5 on Friday morning.

Why not ?

The motives were unclear at the time but serious risk was real to those on planes and in the terminal building, policy would not have been influenced by Gatwick slowing down for the night.

Truth is nobody knows exactly what went on, what the extent of the threat was or if it was terror related , therefore all options would have been on the table.

I unlike others am quite open minded as to what went on but am happy to follow the narrative, like I said earlier hopefully it's a couple of blokes fooking around, but either way it's now highlighted the already serious problem with drones and aircraft so something serious will now be done IMO.

I'm also open to the idea that it was a quick way to solve a potential lethal weapon or accident problem waiting to happen .

Interesting that the police are now questioning if there was a drone there at all ! Was there actually any footage ? All classic smoke and mirrors stuff now

[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 19:14]
Gatwick drone's couple... on 19:14 - Dec 23 with 1573 viewswaynekerr55

Gatwick drone's couple... on 19:06 - Dec 23 by icecoldjack

Why not ?

The motives were unclear at the time but serious risk was real to those on planes and in the terminal building, policy would not have been influenced by Gatwick slowing down for the night.

Truth is nobody knows exactly what went on, what the extent of the threat was or if it was terror related , therefore all options would have been on the table.

I unlike others am quite open minded as to what went on but am happy to follow the narrative, like I said earlier hopefully it's a couple of blokes fooking around, but either way it's now highlighted the already serious problem with drones and aircraft so something serious will now be done IMO.

I'm also open to the idea that it was a quick way to solve a potential lethal weapon or accident problem waiting to happen .

Interesting that the police are now questioning if there was a drone there at all ! Was there actually any footage ? All classic smoke and mirrors stuff now

[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 19:14]

😁

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Gatwick drone's couple... on 19:17 - Dec 23 with 1567 viewsNeathJack

Gatwick drone's couple... on 19:32 - Dec 23 with 1545 viewsHumpty

Gatwick drone's couple... on 18:57 - Dec 23 by icecoldjack

Well it's the other poster exercising those traits, can't ever remember trying to be clever here just trying to point out that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that there is more to this than we first thought.

But you've defined the poster here too" the belief that they and their kind are clever enough to understand the world and the people who disagree are all sheep"

This was exactly his position on the Iraq war when he was "one of the few people" who disagreed with it on here, so by definition you've described your pal as a narcissist lolz!

Never mind you were only trying to help I guess.

"This was exactly his position on the Iraq war when he was "one of the few people" who disagreed with it on here, so by definition you've described your pal as a narcissist lolz!"

Ermm no. Whether you're correct or not is the important thing. He was, the majority wasn't.

It's people who constantly believe bizarre outlandish ideas who are the problem, in their desperation to be seen as more knowledgeable than everyone else.. Things like believing the Government closed an airport for 36 hrs at Christmas time so that they could enact drone legislation. Or those that believe anyone other than Russia was responsible for Salisbury. Stuff like that.
Login to get fewer ads

Gatwick drone's couple... on 20:44 - Dec 23 with 1496 viewscontroversial_jack

Gatwick drone's couple... on 19:32 - Dec 23 by Humpty

"This was exactly his position on the Iraq war when he was "one of the few people" who disagreed with it on here, so by definition you've described your pal as a narcissist lolz!"

Ermm no. Whether you're correct or not is the important thing. He was, the majority wasn't.

It's people who constantly believe bizarre outlandish ideas who are the problem, in their desperation to be seen as more knowledgeable than everyone else.. Things like believing the Government closed an airport for 36 hrs at Christmas time so that they could enact drone legislation. Or those that believe anyone other than Russia was responsible for Salisbury. Stuff like that.

That was nothing to do with Russia, and it wasn't novichek either. It's the most toxic substance known to man.A pinhead of the stuff could kill 10,000 people.There would have been no survivors and a lot more would have died.
Gatwick drone's couple... on 20:55 - Dec 23 with 1465 viewsDJack

Gatwick drone's couple... on 20:44 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

That was nothing to do with Russia, and it wasn't novichek either. It's the most toxic substance known to man.A pinhead of the stuff could kill 10,000 people.There would have been no survivors and a lot more would have died.

Búllshit.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Gatwick drone's couple... on 20:59 - Dec 23 with 1459 viewsHumpty

Gatwick drone's couple... on 20:44 - Dec 23 by controversial_jack

Exhibit A.
Gatwick drone's couple... on 21:27 - Dec 23 with 1419 viewsWingstandwood

Gatwick drone's couple... on 17:48 - Dec 23 by Lohengrin

Not impossible, is it?

Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction! I took your comment to be tongue in cheek on this particular thread but?..... However It's mind boggling crazy to think that the IRA's internal security unit responsible for executing grasses/informants was so severely compromised that itself was made up entirely of grasses/informants with one member being an ex-SBS soldier.

The circumstance of a government's reluctance to immediately seek out the very expertise of people who would not only have stopped the drones but caught the culprit(s) also screams out insane incompetence.... Governments are good at ! That'll only fuel conspiracy theories. Governments may have a lot of academically highly-qualified but when it comes to common sense?.... Its in short supply!

Argus!

Gatwick drone's couple... on 00:07 - Dec 24 with 1329 viewsCooperman

Any ideas how these drone things work? Bought this off a guy at the pub, admittedly I’ve had a few but I’m damned if I can get it to fly.

Gatwick drone's couple... on 02:22 - Dec 24 with 1278 viewsDJack

Gatwick drone's couple... on 00:07 - Dec 24 by Cooperman

Any ideas how these drone things work? Bought this off a guy at the pub, admittedly I’ve had a few but I’m damned if I can get it to fly.

That's not a drone...it's a falling star!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Gatwick drone's couple... on 03:27 - Dec 24 with 1270 viewsScottishEddie

Gatwick drone's couple... on 17:13 - Dec 23 by Cooperman

A frequency jamming device would have been useless if the drone was of the type that could fly a pre programmed course using GPS tracks uploaded from the sanctuary of his or hers base.

haha never heard so much shit in my life, frequency jamming device? haha

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Gatwick drone's couple... on 03:30 - Dec 24 with 1266 viewsDJack

Gatwick drone's couple... on 03:27 - Dec 24 by ScottishEddie

...But he is quite correct.

Gatwick drone's couple... on 03:31 - Dec 24 with 1264 viewsScottishEddie

No

Gatwick drone's couple... on 03:35 - Dec 24 with 1259 viewsScottishEddie

Confusion deepened as a senior police officer in the case said it was “always a possibility that there may not have been any genuine drone activity in the first place

Clueless

Gatwick drone's couple... on 05:10 - Dec 24 with 1239 viewsCooperman

I can only assume that you are referring to the post that I was replying to.

Gatwick drone's couple... on 07:46 - Dec 24 with 1199 viewslonglostjack

BBC Wales Sport has been using it for years to promote the Blueturds. Try getting live radio commentary of Swans games outside the Swansea area.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Gatwick drone's couple... on 07:56 - Dec 24 with 1193 viewsjack247

https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/frequency-jammer
Gatwick drone's couple... on 08:01 - Dec 24 with 1190 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

Gatwick drone's couple... on 09:54 - Dec 24 with 1145 viewsShaky

Bit sad really.

Karl Popper argued the popularity of conspiracy theories is due to the fact that they are similar to secularised forms of ancient religious superstition.

In the past the gods were able to minutely control the actions of men and bend them to their will micro-managing them on a path to their preordained destiny.

Today the gods have largely been abandoned, but their place in popular psychology has been taken by shadowy conspiracies of Jews, the Deep State or whatever, that are all powerful and all knowing.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Gatwick drone's couple... on 10:10 - Dec 24 with 1134 viewspikeypaul

Bit sad really.

Thanks for describing the average remoaner loser like yourself.

95 AFLI
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 10:27]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Gatwick drone's couple... on 10:18 - Dec 24 with 1124 viewsShaky

Gatwick drone's couple... on 10:10 - Dec 24 by pikeypaul

Thanks for describing the average remoaner loser like yourself.

95 AFLI
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 10:27]

And yet you are the one who views the EU as a vast conspiracy.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024