Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyway I don't care ... 17:25 - Dec 23 with 2752 viewsLoyal

I've followed this club for 40 years, and this season is still better than the last two, Ive experienced the very worst and the very best and for those moaning about things like Potter etc ... Divert your attentions elsewhere and don't forget the slime and scum that still remain in the corridors of the liberty.

I love this club and can see when a manager and his team are completely focussed and professional as we all can with players on the pitch. This was never going to be an easy season, it's going as well as can be expected and even better at times. Boxing Day Villa, make some fcking noise and scream us to victory.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Anyway I don't care ... on 17:26 - Dec 23 with 2100 viewsdickythorpe

Can't fault your optimism.
Anyway I don't care ... on 17:29 - Dec 23 with 2085 views34dfgdf54

To be honest I’ve grown to accept what the board have done this season, it was necessary and I don’t think behind close doors they’ll be anywhere near as negative towards the management team as the supporters are. To be honest though I say supporters, it’s only really those that post on here, in the liberty and away from home the fans are right behind the team.

Will be interesting to see how the yanks approach next year, all of the high earners will then be gone and if they want to have a go, they’ll need to help Potter and give him a half decent kitty to get some experienced players in.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 17:30]
Anyway I don't care ... on 17:31 - Dec 23 with 2071 viewsMrSwerve

We’re pretty much exactly where I expected us to be, given the decimation of our squad - mid table.

It does give me confidence for next season though, a more experienced and gelled squad together with a few additions, I think we can push for playoffs.

Not that this season is over yet...playoffs still very much within reach although I don’t think we’ll get in them.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Anyway I don't care ... on 17:55 - Dec 23 with 1989 viewsairedale

Anyway I don't care ... on 17:31 - Dec 23 by MrSwerve

We’re pretty much exactly where I expected us to be, given the decimation of our squad - mid table.

It does give me confidence for next season though, a more experienced and gelled squad together with a few additions, I think we can push for playoffs.

Not that this season is over yet...playoffs still very much within reach although I don’t think we’ll get in them.

We’ve got to wait and see what happens in January yet though. We could sign Michu’s younger brother!
Anyway I don't care ... on 18:22 - Dec 23 with 1924 viewsmonmouth

Anyway I don't care ... on 17:55 - Dec 23 by airedale

We’ve got to wait and see what happens in January yet though. We could sign Michu’s younger brother!

Titchu?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Anyway I don't care ... on 18:24 - Dec 23 with 1912 viewsMrSwerve

Anyway I don't care ... on 18:22 - Dec 23 by monmouth

Titchu?

Bless you.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Anyway I don't care ... on 18:34 - Dec 23 with 1889 viewsicecoldjack

Anyway I don't care ... on 17:29 - Dec 23 by 34dfgdf54

To be honest I’ve grown to accept what the board have done this season, it was necessary and I don’t think behind close doors they’ll be anywhere near as negative towards the management team as the supporters are. To be honest though I say supporters, it’s only really those that post on here, in the liberty and away from home the fans are right behind the team.

Will be interesting to see how the yanks approach next year, all of the high earners will then be gone and if they want to have a go, they’ll need to help Potter and give him a half decent kitty to get some experienced players in.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 17:30]

I don't think the supporters are negative to the management team at all myself.

Considering potter has made a few iffy decisions and not always game managed very well I think people have been right behind him understanding that he's on a learning curve along with his players .

There is a level of frustration with the support due to the fact we keep shooting ourselves in the bloody foot all the time and we never kill teams off when we have the chance.

Some of this is down to the young players now finding their level and some of it is that teams have now worked us out, knowing to counter attack as we push forward leaving gaps all over the field.

I felt Roberts was targeted yesterday, he still has plenty to learn defensively but he had problems dealing with his marker, he'll learn from it though. We are also massively inconsistent in key areas of the field, players like Fer who I always rated are IMO not playing to full potential, the bloke went missing for large parts of that game yesterday, he also got a stupid yellow card when we were 1-0 up and in total control, stupid from him and no way to lead, lacks discipline to be captain for me.

I'm happy overall we do play some good stuff but by fook are we making games hard for ourselves!

We need a hard as fook ball winner in January, potter must be backed, he identified this weakness in July in fairness.

More to be positive about then negative that's for sure.
Anyway I don't care ... on 18:41 - Dec 23 with 1870 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'd rather see us lose to Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea than Ipswich, Rotherham and Hull.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyway I don't care ... on 18:45 - Dec 23 with 1861 viewsnantywatcher

Anyway I don't care ... on 18:41 - Dec 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'd rather see us lose to Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea than Ipswich, Rotherham and Hull.

Why?
Anyway I don't care ... on 18:48 - Dec 23 with 1849 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Anyway I don't care ... on 18:45 - Dec 23 by nantywatcher

Why?

There would be an extra £100,000,000 coming into the club each season. We'd be exposed to hundreds of millions of football fans around the world. We would be able to watch better quality players each week, in our squad and the opposition. The reasons why are extensive. Let's see how peoples thought process changes after 7 seasons in The Championship.

Anyway I don't care ... on 19:03 - Dec 23 with 1804 viewsFireboy2

Us?
Anyway I don't care ... on 19:28 - Dec 23 with 1735 viewspencoedjack

Go & support Man City then

You optimimize everything I hate about modern day football supporters

Loyal
Mr Swerve
Risca

On the other hand are guys who would be good to share a beer with.
Anyway I don't care ... on 19:33 - Dec 23 with 1721 viewsLoyal

Nuneaton, Havant and Kidderminster will be beyond your comprehension then ...

Having seen my club lose and win at all the club's you mention for 40 seasons there is little in your post of any consequence, there is no valor in victory unless you have tasted defeat on and off the pitch.

Edit - How the fck you would have dealt with my years watching the swans between 1984 and 2002 is beyond me. Although that era in the lowest leagues and at times losing to the worst teams would never have attracted you anyway.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 19:40]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Anyway I don't care ... on 19:38 - Dec 23 with 1705 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Anyway I don't care ... on 19:33 - Dec 23 by Loyal

Having seen my club lose and win at all the club's you mention for 40 seasons there is little in your post of any consequence, there is no valor in victory unless you have tasted defeat on and off the pitch.

Edit - How the fck you would have dealt with my years watching the swans between 1984 and 2002 is beyond me. Although that era in the lowest leagues and at times losing to the worst teams would never have attracted you anyway.

I attended games in League 2 however I was far too young to remember them vividly. The League 1 promotion season is by far my most enjoyable season supporting the club. Just because I'd rather see us do poorly in the Premier League than poorly in The Championship it doesn't mean I'm any less of a supporter than someone who was old enough to remember the darkest times.

Anyway I don't care ... on 19:42 - Dec 23 with 1696 viewsphact0rri

This season is an optimistic one. And I don't think we are fighting for promotion this season. we are just rebuilding and restructuring the entire club. So it would be very difficult to be as competitive as others in this division.

And what potter has done in what is essentially a "steady as she goes" approach from the owners is amazing. As they've put him in the position where he's having to generate a balancing act, between youth and experience. And this balancing act means he's having to change line ups a lot, which hurts solidity especially in the back.

But he's essentially stuck in a hard poisition and doing better than he has any right to do.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Anyway I don't care ... on 22:00 - Dec 23 with 1549 views34dfgdf54

Anyway I don't care ... on 19:42 - Dec 23 by phact0rri

This season is an optimistic one. And I don't think we are fighting for promotion this season. we are just rebuilding and restructuring the entire club. So it would be very difficult to be as competitive as others in this division.

And what potter has done in what is essentially a "steady as she goes" approach from the owners is amazing. As they've put him in the position where he's having to generate a balancing act, between youth and experience. And this balancing act means he's having to change line ups a lot, which hurts solidity especially in the back.

But he's essentially stuck in a hard poisition and doing better than he has any right to do.

The owners said it’s going to be a “long, hard, journey back”

If I’m being honest, I don’t see us ever getting promoted while they are the owners, but as long as they leave with us financially stable then I couldn’t care less. Potter is doing a cracking job in stopping the slide, while at the same time, the club make sizeable budget cuts.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 22:47]
Anyway I don't care ... on 22:03 - Dec 23 with 1542 viewsBadlands

Anyway I don't care ... on 18:45 - Dec 23 by nantywatcher

Why?

Exactly - it hurts to lose no matter who we play.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Anyway I don't care ... on 03:30 - Dec 24 with 1376 viewsScottishEddie

Anyway I don't care ... on 19:03 - Dec 23 by Fireboy2

Us?

To be fair hes prob been supporting us longer than you.

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Anyway I don't care ... on 06:37 - Dec 24 with 1337 viewsFireboy2

Anyway I don't care ... on 03:30 - Dec 24 by ScottishEddie

To be fair hes prob been supporting us longer than you.

Anyway I don't care ... on 08:44 - Dec 24 with 1242 viewssainthelens

You'd rather us lose to Man Utd.....hardly news that is it.
Anyway I don't care ... on 09:01 - Dec 24 with 1217 viewsswan65split

TBH I can agree with both sides put in this post, but will be a fan till my final breath, high or low, but would rather it be in the Prem,

Merry Xmas everyone ,
Anyway I don't care ... on 09:25 - Dec 24 with 1175 viewstrinityann

You can't beat being in the Prem, despite being awful the last couple of seasons. I thought this season I would have best of both worlds in watching Premier League and Championship games, but in truth I watched a few championship games early on and interest went dead because the quality is so bad.

Despite Potter's football being 100% improvement, it is still not enough to stop a natural declining interest in Swans and football in general for me. The big difference in quality is execution and finishing and you can see from Saturday if we had premier league quality we would have been 3/4 nil up first half Saturday.
Anyway I don't care ... on 10:33 - Dec 24 with 1122 viewswestwalesed

Anyway I don't care ... on 09:25 - Dec 24 by trinityann

You can't beat being in the Prem, despite being awful the last couple of seasons. I thought this season I would have best of both worlds in watching Premier League and Championship games, but in truth I watched a few championship games early on and interest went dead because the quality is so bad.

Despite Potter's football being 100% improvement, it is still not enough to stop a natural declining interest in Swans and football in general for me. The big difference in quality is execution and finishing and you can see from Saturday if we had premier league quality we would have been 3/4 nil up first half Saturday.

Swings and roundabouts isn't it. I can't remember how many times this season I have thought "good job that wasn't a Premier League striker, we'd have conceded there"

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Anyway I don't care ... on 11:27 - Dec 24 with 1060 viewsEasternJack

Anyway I don't care ... on 19:33 - Dec 23 by Loyal

Exactly this.

We’ve picked up a bunch of entitled, fair weather fans of as over the past decade.

For all the frustrations about the results so far this season, I’m still delighted with the work potter has done.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Anyway I don't care ... on 11:29 - Dec 24 with 1053 viewsEasternJack

Anyway I don't care ... on 09:25 - Dec 24 by trinityann

Sorry. You’re out of your mind if you’re genuinely saying that you don’t prefer watching us now vs the post Laudrup era.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024