Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? 15:10 - Dec 24 with 5450 viewsShaky

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:02 - Dec 25 with 1448 viewsunion_jack

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:00 - Dec 25 by valleyboy

Well there were other fighters from different countries around Europe and the Commonwelth, but the marjority of soliders figting Hitler came from the US and the U.K.

Put it this way, that if the US had not decided to join the war then the U.K. too would have been under the Nazi influence as well

I think he meant the Russians?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:25 - Dec 25 with 1439 viewsHumpty

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:02 - Dec 25 by union_jack

I think he meant the Russians?

Yeah. They were sort of involved a little bit weren't they?
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:38 - Dec 25 with 1422 viewsvalleyboy

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:25 - Dec 25 by Humpty

Yeah. They were sort of involved a little bit weren't they?

And who do you think were supplying the Russians with supplies to fight the Germans then????

If that hadn’t happen the Russians wouldn’t have been able to first stop the German advance and then to on the attack
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:53 - Dec 25 with 1418 viewsShaky

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:38 - Dec 25 by valleyboy

And who do you think were supplying the Russians with supplies to fight the Germans then????

If that hadn’t happen the Russians wouldn’t have been able to first stop the German advance and then to on the attack

An estimated 26.6 million Russians lives were lost as a result of WW II, including around 11 million soldiers.

I was rather hoping your views yesterday evening were the result of excessive Christmas cheer, but alas that seems nor to have been the case.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 16:51 - Dec 25 with 1408 viewsHumpty

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:38 - Dec 25 by valleyboy

Lend Lease to Russia had hardly started going by the time Russia and the weather had halted the first German advance in late 1941.

80-90% of all German combat casualties happened on the Eastern Front. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. To Germans, the Second World War means the war against Russia.

To claim the defeat of the Nazis was mainly due to the US and UK is flat out wrong.

And before I'm accused of it I am in no way denigrating the effort put in by British and American troops, including my Grandfather.
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 21:29 - Dec 26 with 1347 viewscontroversial_jack

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 16:51 - Dec 25 by Humpty

Lend Lease to Russia had hardly started going by the time Russia and the weather had halted the first German advance in late 1941.

80-90% of all German combat casualties happened on the Eastern Front. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. To Germans, the Second World War means the war against Russia.

To claim the defeat of the Nazis was mainly due to the US and UK is flat out wrong.

And before I'm accused of it I am in no way denigrating the effort put in by British and American troops, including my Grandfather.

Lend lease from the Americans to the red army didn't happen until after the battle of Stalingrad, however during the battle for Moscow, 30% of Russian equipment was British made, including aircraft and tanks
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 21:34 - Dec 26 with 1344 viewscontroversial_jack

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:00 - Dec 25 by valleyboy

Well there were other fighters from different countries around Europe and the Commonwelth, but the marjority of soliders figting Hitler came from the US and the U.K.

Put it this way, that if the US had not decided to join the war then the U.K. too would have been under the Nazi influence as well

That's not true, the Germans faced far more Russian divisions in the east than they did allied ones in the west The east is where the German army was defeated, the west was a sideshow in comparison.
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 21:38 - Dec 26 with 1339 viewsHumpty

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 21:29 - Dec 26 by controversial_jack

Lend lease from the Americans to the red army didn't happen until after the battle of Stalingrad, however during the battle for Moscow, 30% of Russian equipment was British made, including aircraft and tanks

The US provided money before that.

I'm surprised at the figure for British equipment during the Moscow fighting but just checked and you're right.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 21:55 - Dec 26 with 1323 viewsLohengrin

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 21:38 - Dec 26 by Humpty

The US provided money before that.

I'm surprised at the figure for British equipment during the Moscow fighting but just checked and you're right.

Homework for you, Hump - see if you can discover how many of the Luftwaffe and Panzer commanders that spearheaded Blitzkrieg in 1940 undertook their training in the secret Soviet bases at Lipetsk and Kazan, or what percentage of ordnance dropped on British cities that same year was of Soviet manufacture?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 21:59 - Dec 26 with 1318 viewsHumpty

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 21:55 - Dec 26 by Lohengrin

Homework for you, Hump - see if you can discover how many of the Luftwaffe and Panzer commanders that spearheaded Blitzkrieg in 1940 undertook their training in the secret Soviet bases at Lipetsk and Kazan, or what percentage of ordnance dropped on British cities that same year was of Soviet manufacture?

Training in the Soviet Union? No idea but I'd guess a very high percentage.

Ordnance dropped on British cities? No idea.
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 13:31 - Dec 27 with 1267 viewsvalleyboy

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 21:34 - Dec 26 by controversial_jack

That's not true, the Germans faced far more Russian divisions in the east than they did allied ones in the west The east is where the German army was defeated, the west was a sideshow in comparison.

The West was a side show in comparison

There was this little thing that before the West coukd get back at the Germans they had to get all their troops and equipment across the channel first

That in itself was no side show

Still the West got to Berlin as did the Russians

You must also ask if the Russians could have advanced as far as they did if the West had not got their troops and equipment across the channel
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 13:58 - Dec 27 with 1258 viewscontroversial_jack

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 13:31 - Dec 27 by valleyboy

There was this little thing that before the West coukd get back at the Germans they had to get all their troops and equipment across the channel first

You must also ask if the Russians could have advanced as far as they did if the West had not got their troops and equipment across the channel

The west didn't get to Berlin, the Russians did.Berlin was divided up after the war
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 14:09 - Dec 27 with 1248 viewsHumpty

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 13:31 - Dec 27 by valleyboy

Yes they would have IMO, but it would obviously have taken them longer than it did.

Nobody is denying that the western allies played a major role in defeating Germany, just that the Soviets played a bigger part. The figures for manpower involved and casualties show that to be the case.
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 14:28 - Dec 27 with 1241 viewslonglostjack

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 13:58 - Dec 27 by controversial_jack

The west didn't get to Berlin, the Russians did.Berlin was divided up after the war

Which is why Churchill preferred going through the Balkans rather than Normandy I believe.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:19 - Dec 27 with 1231 viewscontroversial_jack

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 14:28 - Dec 27 by longlostjack

Which is why Churchill preferred going through the Balkans rather than Normandy I believe.

Churchill wanted to carry on going east, but Eisenhower called a halt; apparently, Churchill was furious.I think it was the right decision as who knows what would have happened if they had come into conflict with the red army. Churchill thought the commies to be as much of a menace as the NAZI's were, which was ridiculous.
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:37 - Dec 27 with 1228 viewsHighjack

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:19 - Dec 27 by controversial_jack

Churchill wanted to carry on going east, but Eisenhower called a halt; apparently, Churchill was furious.I think it was the right decision as who knows what would have happened if they had come into conflict with the red army. Churchill thought the commies to be as much of a menace as the NAZI's were, which was ridiculous.

Yeah what an idiot. The commies were much worse.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 18:41 - Dec 27 with 1211 viewscontroversial_jack

Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 15:37 - Dec 27 by Highjack

Yeah what an idiot. The commies were much worse.

Compared to what the Germans did in Russia - the einsatzgruppen for example, not to mention the SS. 3.3 million Russian prisoners, 1.4 million jews plus many other undesirable groups murdered or starved.

Whatever the red army did in revenge was nothing compared to what the Germans did.
Trump Getting Ready to Shake Down NATO? on 16:03 - Dec 28 with 1150 viewslonglostjack

Just been talking to a bloke in a pub. Started talking about Germany and how he loved it 40 years ago the last time he went but would never go back because it had changed too much. Asked him what he meant and he said it had been overrun by Syrians thanks to Merkel. FFS 😩!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024