Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jesus 09:19 - Dec 26 with 12010 viewsJackfath

Did he exist?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jesus on 18:01 - Jan 1 with 1755 viewsGowerjack

Jesus on 11:49 - Jan 1 by jackportis

When the Muslim world dominates in 2300 Jesus will be long gone and illegal to believe regardless if he existed.

You really are a thick cûnt.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Jesus on 18:11 - Jan 1 with 1736 viewsHumpty

Jesus on 17:24 - Jan 1 by jackportis

JP would like to point out that this is why the site is dyeing out. A fine example of trolling. JP has reduced posting and yet finds on a rare post (the first in a while) out of the woodwork do the same personnel come. As mentioned this is why the site is becoming boring as talented posters will stay away.

Then post something other than your usual factually incorrect, Britain First type bollocks.

Anyway, what are you dyeing? Your hair? A pair of curtains? What?
Jesus on 18:24 - Jan 1 with 1727 viewsWingstandwood

Jesus on 12:46 - Jan 1 by Highjack

They will struggle to ban the person who is mentioned in the Quran more than anyone else. Theyd have to rewrite the whole thing.

I spoke to a guy who was studying for his Theology degree at the exact period of time Jihadi John was in the midst of his murder spree infamy... I was curious about Islam and that particular (now a Presbyterian Christian minister) Theology students take on Islam itself.

You are indeed correct, I was surprised to find out Jesus was deemed to be a prophet. I was also enlightened to find out he was perceived to be of vastly lesser importance/ranking to Islam than Christianity. I never would have thought in a million years that he was in the Koran or had so many mentions. I was utterly taken aback when told that, it sounded utterly surreal at the time.

Jesus is however in the Koran (demoted rather significantly) only recognised to be the son of Mary and not the son of God (Allah). In fact many Muslims wish to deny the crucifixion of Jesus.

Jack Portis is right about (not all obviously) many a Muslims/Islamists revulsion for Christianity. Christian belief of the biblical Jesus and worshipping of the cross is apparently in many Islamic quarters considered to be blasphemous and worthy of a death sentence.
It's all about interpretation apparently!

Argus!

Jesus on 18:34 - Jan 1 with 1720 viewsHumpty

Jesus on 18:24 - Jan 1 by Wingstandwood

I spoke to a guy who was studying for his Theology degree at the exact period of time Jihadi John was in the midst of his murder spree infamy... I was curious about Islam and that particular (now a Presbyterian Christian minister) Theology students take on Islam itself.

You are indeed correct, I was surprised to find out Jesus was deemed to be a prophet. I was also enlightened to find out he was perceived to be of vastly lesser importance/ranking to Islam than Christianity. I never would have thought in a million years that he was in the Koran or had so many mentions. I was utterly taken aback when told that, it sounded utterly surreal at the time.

Jesus is however in the Koran (demoted rather significantly) only recognised to be the son of Mary and not the son of God (Allah). In fact many Muslims wish to deny the crucifixion of Jesus.

Jack Portis is right about (not all obviously) many a Muslims/Islamists revulsion for Christianity. Christian belief of the biblical Jesus and worshipping of the cross is apparently in many Islamic quarters considered to be blasphemous and worthy of a death sentence.
It's all about interpretation apparently!

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/muslims-christmas-jesus-god-islamophobia-pr
Jesus on 18:50 - Jan 1 with 1703 viewsWingstandwood

Jesus on 18:34 - Jan 1 by Humpty

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/muslims-christmas-jesus-god-islamophobia-pr

There are many Muslims that detest Christian-Biblical interpretation of Jesus hence ISIS repeated death threats to "Worshippers of the cross" ....There are many Christians that perceive Mormons and the likes of its founder Joseph Smith to be heretics....There are (especially in Northern Ireland)many Protestants that perceive Catholic devotion towards the Pope to be 'idolitory' and sinful. There are many Sunni Muslims that deem Shia Muslim beliefs to be heresy.

I state the facts and yes many Muslims do indeed love Jesus especially when it comes to their Islamic/Koran interpretation and belief of.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 18:51]

Argus!

Jesus on 19:01 - Jan 1 with 1692 viewsHumpty

Jesus on 18:50 - Jan 1 by Wingstandwood

There are many Muslims that detest Christian-Biblical interpretation of Jesus hence ISIS repeated death threats to "Worshippers of the cross" ....There are many Christians that perceive Mormons and the likes of its founder Joseph Smith to be heretics....There are (especially in Northern Ireland)many Protestants that perceive Catholic devotion towards the Pope to be 'idolitory' and sinful. There are many Sunni Muslims that deem Shia Muslim beliefs to be heresy.

I state the facts and yes many Muslims do indeed love Jesus especially when it comes to their Islamic/Koran interpretation and belief of.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 18:51]

Agreed though I don't know about "many". I think it's very much a minority. Like you say it's all about interpretation which is true for all religions.

I don't agree with you when you say JP was right about many muslims revulsion of Christianity. That's not what he said. He said when muslims rule the world believing in Jesus will be illegal. Bit different don't you think?
Jesus on 19:44 - Jan 1 with 1644 viewsJackfath

Considering Jesus was born 2019 years ago, what would he make of this? I bet his dad, God wouldn't be happy about it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46729898

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Jesus on 19:49 - Jan 1 with 1640 viewsHumpty

Jesus on 19:44 - Jan 1 by Jackfath

Considering Jesus was born 2019 years ago, what would he make of this? I bet his dad, God wouldn't be happy about it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46729898

Why?
Login to get fewer ads

Jesus on 19:52 - Jan 1 with 1635 viewsJackfath

Jesus on 19:49 - Jan 1 by Humpty

Why?

Because God created it all, didn't he? Everything in a week?

Jesus on 19:53 - Jan 1 with 1632 viewsHumpty

Jesus on 19:52 - Jan 1 by Jackfath

Because God created it all, didn't he? Everything in a week?

Ah right.

I don't think he'll mind.
Jesus on 19:55 - Jan 1 with 1629 viewsJackfath

Jesus on 19:53 - Jan 1 by Humpty

Ah right.

I don't think he'll mind.

If I had made it all and people didn't believe me, I'd be gutted.

Jesus on 21:06 - Jan 1 with 1592 viewsphact0rri

Jesus on 13:11 - Jan 1 by Shaky

It is obviously entirely up to you, but as far as I am concerned it is just not sustainable to claim Jesus wasn't a historical figure.

Whether he was indeed the Son of Man is a different proposition altogether.

But consider this; today Boris Johnson is the bookies favourite to become the next leader of the Conservatives and quite likely Prime Minister.

Imagine the reaction of future historians 500 years from now presented with just that statement and documentary evidence of the acts of BoJo. You'd be laughed out of the building. Yet that is undeniably where we are today.

I agree with you mate. My point being its not "well documented" which would mean countless credible documents about his existence. And really there is not.

But the romans did some history taking but they were no chinese if you know what I mean. :)

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Jesus on 23:58 - Jan 1 with 1536 viewsLoyal

Jesus on 17:24 - Jan 1 by jackportis

JP would like to point out that this is why the site is dyeing out. A fine example of trolling. JP has reduced posting and yet finds on a rare post (the first in a while) out of the woodwork do the same personnel come. As mentioned this is why the site is becoming boring as talented posters will stay away.

Do you think fingering is old school, like a dark art or like many things these days more modern methods are being employed ? You would have thought that in these times of shaved ladies parts that a sneaky finger would be a lot easier to achieve. When I was an exponent some clouts I tried to navigate were like fiddling through Bobby Balls hair. It's a mystery to me or maybe kids of today are just plain fcking lazy.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jesus on 02:01 - Jan 19 with 1344 viewsExeterjack

Most of the secular historians who provide evidence for the life and death of Jesus have already been mentioned and even the champions of atheism (prof Dawkins et al) generally accept Jesus lived, died, and had some good things to say. I have joined the conversation because one contributor suggested that perhaps a bible believing Christian would not do so. I became a Christian 21 years ago. I came to faith in Christ at 38 years of age from a position of being an atheist, believing that religion was empty and for weak people who needed a crutch. Quite often in this well rehearsed debate there tends to be a lot of heat and not much light, which might describe where this thread has got too thus far.
Whatever your world view it has to have a cogent answer for the big questions... I am satisfied that biblical Christianity does this.
Jesus on 07:37 - Jan 19 with 1288 viewsWarwickHunt

Jesus on 02:01 - Jan 19 by Exeterjack

Most of the secular historians who provide evidence for the life and death of Jesus have already been mentioned and even the champions of atheism (prof Dawkins et al) generally accept Jesus lived, died, and had some good things to say. I have joined the conversation because one contributor suggested that perhaps a bible believing Christian would not do so. I became a Christian 21 years ago. I came to faith in Christ at 38 years of age from a position of being an atheist, believing that religion was empty and for weak people who needed a crutch. Quite often in this well rehearsed debate there tends to be a lot of heat and not much light, which might describe where this thread has got too thus far.
Whatever your world view it has to have a cogent answer for the big questions... I am satisfied that biblical Christianity does this.

Taking the Sunday off was a bit feeble, no?

I mean, how did he even know it was Sunday before he (oops, HE) created everything?

Did time exist pre-God’s busy week? Mind blowing stufff, innit?

ps isn’t 38 a bit early to be worried about your mortality?
Jesus on 11:14 - Jan 19 with 1234 viewsItchySphincter

Does a child molester, who has become born again, go to heaven?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jesus on 12:58 - Jan 19 with 1217 viewsMad_Mike

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit; Born of the Virgin
Mary; Suffered under Pontius Pilate; Was crucified, dead and buried; He descended into Hell; The third
day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven; And sitteth on the right hand of God the
Father Almighty; From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit; The Holy Christian Church, the Communion of Saints; The Forgiveness of
sins; The Resurrection of the body; And the life everlasting. Amen.
Jesus on 13:11 - Jan 19 with 1212 viewsItchySphincter

Cool. My unicorn has a puncture.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jesus on 13:14 - Jan 19 with 1210 viewsHighjack

Jesus on 11:14 - Jan 19 by ItchySphincter

Does a child molester, who has become born again, go to heaven?

Well Muhammad did.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jesus on 13:23 - Jan 19 with 1204 viewsWarwickHunt

Jesus on 12:58 - Jan 19 by Mad_Mike

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit; Born of the Virgin
Mary; Suffered under Pontius Pilate; Was crucified, dead and buried; He descended into Hell; The third
day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven; And sitteth on the right hand of God the
Father Almighty; From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit; The Holy Christian Church, the Communion of Saints; The Forgiveness of
sins; The Resurrection of the body; And the life everlasting. Amen.

Mike - why do they call you mad?
Jesus on 14:09 - Jan 19 with 1184 viewslondonlisa2001

Jesus on 13:23 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

Mike - why do they call you mad?

Because he’s quoted the Nicene Creed and yet not used the language of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer? That’s mad.
Jesus on 14:21 - Jan 19 with 1182 viewsLohengrin

Jesus on 14:09 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

Because he’s quoted the Nicene Creed and yet not used the language of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer? That’s mad.

You must have been a Sunday School girl at one time.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jesus on 15:44 - Jan 19 with 1143 viewsMad_Mike

Because I support the Swans.
Jesus on 17:36 - Jan 19 with 1117 viewsWarwickHunt

Jesus on 14:09 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

That’s what I meant, obviously.
Jesus on 23:42 - Jan 19 with 1068 viewsphact0rri

I'm not a christian, but I do respect the beliefs of others no matter what they are. But there is a difference between what one believes (Jesus is the son of god) and what is fact (Did jesus live). I do think there's room to debate even to christians if there is reasonable fact.

Another important wrinkle in this, enter connectivity in religion. The Qur'an and the bible are linked in subject and its hard not to see the influence here. is the jesus in Qur'an flavour to this link or is it recorded as more proof of his existance? Its hard to tell, for sure. But it is quite interesting if your into these things.

If I haven't mentioned it before I conciser myself spiritual but not religious. I wouldn't know where to begin explaining the belief system I have. but its not agnostic, or atheist. But I do think its important to separate belief and faith from actual fact.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024