Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jesus 09:19 - Dec 26 with 12264 viewsJackfath

Did he exist?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jesus on 21:28 - Jan 20 with 1084 viewsExeterjack

Jesus on 07:37 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

Taking the Sunday off was a bit feeble, no?

I mean, how did he even know it was Sunday before he (oops, HE) created everything?

Did time exist pre-God’s busy week? Mind blowing stufff, innit?

ps isn’t 38 a bit early to be worried about your mortality?

I think my first thoughts about the creation account recorded in the bible are that the bible does not focus on the "how" but much more on "who and why". God could have created everything in a moment. biblical scholars I have studied tell me God did it this way as a pattern for us to follow. The sun moon and stars were not created until day 4 in the biblical account by the way, but the word used for day in the Genesis account is the same as in the rest of the bible so I take it to mean 24hrs. It is mind blowing indeed!
At 38 years of age I was far more concerned with my morality than my mortality... I began to realise that if there was a possibility that there was a God and I had to give account ....... i would be undone
Jesus on 21:34 - Jan 20 with 1053 viewstrampie

Jesus on 10:53 - Dec 26 by Jackfath

I knew a chap who was convinced the Earth was 2000 years old. Used to have great debates with him over a sandwich and cup of tea. He was a great man.

I read a book once called 2000 years of welsh history.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Jesus on 21:37 - Jan 20 with 1062 viewsLohengrin

Jesus on 21:34 - Jan 20 by trampie

I read a book once called 2000 years of welsh history.

How long did it take you?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jesus on 21:38 - Jan 20 with 1047 viewstrampie

Jesus on 19:44 - Jan 1 by Jackfath

Considering Jesus was born 2019 years ago, what would he make of this? I bet his dad, God wouldn't be happy about it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46729898

He was born in São Paulo, Brazil in 1997.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Jesus on 21:58 - Jan 20 with 1051 viewsExeterjack

Jesus on 11:14 - Jan 19 by ItchySphincter

Does a child molester, who has become born again, go to heaven?

what do you believe the answer to be?
How does anyone have peace with God and get to be in heaven?
Jesus on 22:04 - Jan 20 with 1023 viewstrampie

Jesus on 21:37 - Jan 20 by Lohengrin

How long did it take you?

Cant remember now it was many years ago, written by a great historian.

Jesus on 22:05 - Jan 20 with 1036 viewsWarwickHunt

Jesus on 21:28 - Jan 20 by Exeterjack

I think my first thoughts about the creation account recorded in the bible are that the bible does not focus on the "how" but much more on "who and why". God could have created everything in a moment. biblical scholars I have studied tell me God did it this way as a pattern for us to follow. The sun moon and stars were not created until day 4 in the biblical account by the way, but the word used for day in the Genesis account is the same as in the rest of the bible so I take it to mean 24hrs. It is mind blowing indeed!
At 38 years of age I was far more concerned with my morality than my mortality... I began to realise that if there was a possibility that there was a God and I had to give account ....... i would be undone

PM me your bank details - a Nigerian prince of my acquaintance has an interesting business project for you.
Jesus on 22:19 - Jan 20 with 1026 viewsItchySphincter

Jesus on 21:58 - Jan 20 by Exeterjack

what do you believe the answer to be?
How does anyone have peace with God and get to be in heaven?

I’m interested in what you think the answer would be?

My guess is that you would say that if he was born again a child molester would go to heaven as Jesus has paid for his sins already. I’m not born again so I wouldn’t go to heaven in your belief system.

Am I wrong?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Jesus on 22:33 - Jan 20 with 1017 viewsExeterjack

Jesus on 22:05 - Jan 20 by WarwickHunt

PM me your bank details - a Nigerian prince of my acquaintance has an interesting business project for you.

The suggestion in your response seems to be that you think I am gullible, quite often there seems to be a false dichotomy drawn up which goes something like atheist/agnostic equals intelligence/wisdom and faith equals foolishness... on what what grounds i am not so sure.
Jesus on 22:35 - Jan 20 with 999 viewstrampie

A Man City fan told me Jesus walks on water.

Jesus on 22:47 - Jan 20 with 1004 viewsExeterjack

Jesus on 22:19 - Jan 20 by ItchySphincter

I’m interested in what you think the answer would be?

My guess is that you would say that if he was born again a child molester would go to heaven as Jesus has paid for his sins already. I’m not born again so I wouldn’t go to heaven in your belief system.

Am I wrong?

If a person is genuine in their repentance then they can be forgiven, Man looks at the outward appearance God looks at the heart. To molest a child is a horrendous thing to do but redemption is possible for the vilest offender. That is the power of the gospel.
Jesus on 22:59 - Jan 20 with 970 viewstrampie

I heard only people that have been christened go to heaven, I was christened in the local pub but I assume that was the shindig afterwards, lol.

Jesus on 23:15 - Jan 20 with 969 viewsDJack

Jesus on 22:47 - Jan 20 by Exeterjack

If a person is genuine in their repentance then they can be forgiven, Man looks at the outward appearance God looks at the heart. To molest a child is a horrendous thing to do but redemption is possible for the vilest offender. That is the power of the gospel.

"That is the power of the gospel."

Which gospel(s) though? There were many which were removed in the first couple of hundred of years of Christianity. Some for political purposes some to remove contradictory teachings and some because of misogyny . As ever, the "words of (a) God" are altered through time by men with vested interests. I wonder why that is...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Jesus on 23:24 - Jan 20 with 947 viewstrampie

How many people on here have been baptised and therefore going to heaven like me ?

Jesus on 23:40 - Jan 20 with 946 viewsExeterjack

Jesus on 23:15 - Jan 20 by DJack

"That is the power of the gospel."

Which gospel(s) though? There were many which were removed in the first couple of hundred of years of Christianity. Some for political purposes some to remove contradictory teachings and some because of misogyny . As ever, the "words of (a) God" are altered through time by men with vested interests. I wonder why that is...

Gospel meaning good news.. as found in the bible as opposed to different gospels (of Judas or Thomas etc). The criteria applied by the council of Nicea and then Constantinople 321 AD was as follows: letters Written by one of Jesus' disciples, someone who was a witness to Jesus' ministry, such as Peter, or someone who interviewed witnesses, such as Luke.
Written in the first century A.D., meaning that books written long after the events of Jesus' life and the first decades of the church weren't included.
Consistent with other portions of the Bible known to be valid, meaning the book couldn't contradict a trusted element of Scripture.
seems reasonable and sensible? what grounds do you have to suggest the motives of these men were anything other than honourable? Also if God is sovereign wouldn't he be able to oversee and ensure the truth was communicated?
Jesus on 23:47 - Jan 20 with 924 viewstrampie

Jesus on 23:40 - Jan 20 by Exeterjack

Gospel meaning good news.. as found in the bible as opposed to different gospels (of Judas or Thomas etc). The criteria applied by the council of Nicea and then Constantinople 321 AD was as follows: letters Written by one of Jesus' disciples, someone who was a witness to Jesus' ministry, such as Peter, or someone who interviewed witnesses, such as Luke.
Written in the first century A.D., meaning that books written long after the events of Jesus' life and the first decades of the church weren't included.
Consistent with other portions of the Bible known to be valid, meaning the book couldn't contradict a trusted element of Scripture.
seems reasonable and sensible? what grounds do you have to suggest the motives of these men were anything other than honourable? Also if God is sovereign wouldn't he be able to oversee and ensure the truth was communicated?

By the Grace of God and Defender of the Faith is seen as sovereign in these islands by Anglo Saxon types.

Jesus on 00:17 - Jan 21 with 928 viewsExeterjack

Jesus on 23:24 - Jan 20 by trampie

How many people on here have been baptised and therefore going to heaven like me ?

What is baptism? can being immersed in water change anything? or was there more going on when you were baptised?
Jesus on 07:24 - Jan 21 with 865 viewsdickythorpe

Dinosaurs existed. They existed way before these Adam and Eve combo.
Jesus on 07:41 - Jan 21 with 857 viewsWarwickHunt

Jesus on 22:33 - Jan 20 by Exeterjack

The suggestion in your response seems to be that you think I am gullible, quite often there seems to be a false dichotomy drawn up which goes something like atheist/agnostic equals intelligence/wisdom and faith equals foolishness... on what what grounds i am not so sure.

Possibly on the grounds that you appear to take the Bible literally...
Jesus on 07:47 - Jan 21 with 853 viewsItchySphincter

Jesus on 22:47 - Jan 20 by Exeterjack

So ‘yes’ then.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jesus on 08:05 - Jan 21 with 848 viewsWarwickHunt

Jesus on 07:47 - Jan 21 by ItchySphincter

So ‘yes’ then.

Praise the Lord and pass the KY...
Jesus on 08:12 - Jan 21 with 844 viewsWarwickHunt

Jesus on 07:24 - Jan 21 by dickythorpe

Dinosaurs existed. They existed way before these Adam and Eve combo.

They only made one good record anyway.
Jesus on 08:52 - Jan 21 with 824 viewsExeterjack

Jesus on 08:05 - Jan 21 by WarwickHunt

Evidently you are able to improve on the justice, grace and mercy of God.....
Jesus on 08:53 - Jan 21 with 821 viewsExeterjack

Jesus on 08:05 - Jan 21 by WarwickHunt

This is a sickening comment by the way
Jesus on 09:11 - Jan 21 with 809 viewstrampie

Jesus on 00:17 - Jan 21 by Exeterjack

What is baptism? can being immersed in water change anything? or was there more going on when you were baptised?

At the start :- ''Our Lord Jesus Christ has told us
that to enter the kingdom of heaven
we must be born again of water and the Spirit,
and has given us baptism as the sign and seal of this new birth''.

Then after a little splash :- ''May God, who has received you by baptism into his Church''.

In my neck of the woods some Christians think you are only going to heaven if you have been baptised.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024