Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes 17:11 - Dec 26 with 6318 viewsGaz_M

Excellent performance again from the boy. By some distance our best midfielder.

Just need another two of a similar quality.
Matt Grimes on 17:17 - Dec 26 with 4589 viewsdameedna

Decent season so far. I can see him getting Player of the Season. Needs a few goals.
Matt Grimes on 17:19 - Dec 26 with 4571 viewsLeonWasGod

Funny that, I don’t think he does enough to be singled out in this division. He’s tidy (I’m not having a go at him, he’s fine) but I’ve yet to see him dominate the midfield and impact a game. He plays it safe and looks good when he has time. And his set pieces aren’t even close to the other left-footed midfielder on that pitch today.

Naughts one of the better individuals out there for me.
Matt Grimes on 17:19 - Dec 26 with 4572 viewsandrew

My first name on the team sheet.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Matt Grimes on 17:26 - Dec 26 with 4527 viewsItchySphincter

The official 'Matthew Grimes is going to be a top player for us' thread. by ItchySphincter 22 Sep 2018 13:10
Feel free to sling your sh!t in here.

I said it first.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Matt Grimes on 17:55 - Dec 26 with 4438 viewsLoyal

Was a complete waste of time with a moaning mummy for three years, now seems to have grown up.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Matt Grimes on 18:40 - Dec 26 with 4343 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Matt Grimes on 17:55 - Dec 26 by Loyal

Was a complete waste of time with a moaning mummy for three years, now seems to have grown up.

Every player needs to go through the katharsis of proper self evaluation from time to time. Fair play he's done it and come back fighting

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Matt Grimes on 19:19 - Dec 26 with 4283 viewsgiantstoneater

Did ok but is still inconsistent played a lovely diagonal ball to James then blew an easier ball that could have played someone in. He also lost a few challenges with weak tackles. Consistency is something most of the squad lack. Celina is driving me crazy at the moment and I don't want to See Fer in a Swans shirt again he doesn't deserve it.
Matt Grimes on 19:33 - Dec 26 with 4239 viewsdickythorpe

Too inconsistent, but the better of a mediocre lot.
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Grimes on 22:14 - Dec 26 with 4118 viewsGaz_M

Very consistent, for what it's worth.

Most passes, most passes forward, best passing success rate by a distance of the midfielders, most accurate long passes, most tackles, most successful tackles, most interceptions.
Matt Grimes on 23:23 - Dec 26 with 4058 viewsjasper_T

Matt Grimes on 22:14 - Dec 26 by Gaz_M

Most passes, most passes forward, best passing success rate by a distance of the midfielders, most accurate long passes, most tackles, most successful tackles, most interceptions.

Stats compare favourably to most of the Championship midfielders some on here salivate over, wishing would could buy. Doing a great job.
Matt Grimes on 23:26 - Dec 26 with 4047 viewsangryjack

Matt Grimes on 23:23 - Dec 26 by jasper_T

Stats compare favourably to most of the Championship midfielders some on here salivate over, wishing would could buy. Doing a great job.

Best swans player on park by far
Matt Grimes on 05:14 - Dec 27 with 3935 viewsCaptain_Sham

Gaz M returns . Its taken you 7 years to skulk out from under your stone after your laughable play -off final analysis. *snigger*

Its just a ride.

Matt Grimes on 12:03 - Dec 27 with 3771 viewsDrGonzo

Thought he was really good to be fair. If only we had a competent midfielder to break up play next to him.
Matt Grimes on 14:26 - Dec 27 with 3717 viewsTaliesin

Matt Grimes on 12:03 - Dec 27 by DrGonzo

Thought he was really good to be fair. If only we had a competent midfielder to break up play next to him.

We're certainly in need of someone to play that role better than Fer.
Matt Grimes on 19:35 - Dec 27 with 3628 viewsPentyrchJack

Looks like he has found his best position and I thought he was our best player.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Matt Grimes on 22:25 - Dec 27 with 3555 viewsDJack

Matt Grimes on 05:14 - Dec 27 by Captain_Sham

Gaz M returns . Its taken you 7 years to skulk out from under your stone after your laughable play -off final analysis. *snigger*

I do remember Gaz as a poster seemed to be a miserable/negative sod. I don't remember any P/O Final analysis ... can you paraphrase it please.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Matt Grimes on 18:32 - Dec 28 with 3412 viewsElmo

Justifiably one of the first names on GP’s team sheet.

Highly talented and his decision making in CM is nigh on always spot on.
Matt Grimes on 19:14 - Dec 28 with 3383 viewsBadlands

Plays well in fits and starts (like most of the regulars apart from MVdH) but IMO it tells us a a lot about our midfield when Grimes is considered the best we have.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Matt Grimes on 19:21 - Dec 28 with 3375 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Matt Grimes on 22:14 - Dec 26 by Gaz_M

Not having a pop at him but his forward passing stats are probably distorted by him picking up the ball so deep - even his passes to our centre halves are forward

He's doing well but only highlights how poor we are in midfield at the moment
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 19:22]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Matt Grimes on 19:41 - Dec 28 with 3351 viewsjasper_T

Matt Grimes on 19:21 - Dec 28 by PatchesOHoulihan

Not having a pop at him but his forward passing stats are probably distorted by him picking up the ball so deep - even his passes to our centre halves are forward

He's doing well but only highlights how poor we are in midfield at the moment
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 19:22]

And how poor other teams are in midfield, surely, since he's outperforming most we come up against?
Matt Grimes on 21:48 - Dec 28 with 3300 views34dfgdf54

Matt Grimes on 19:41 - Dec 28 by jasper_T

And how poor other teams are in midfield, surely, since he's outperforming most we come up against?

Edit - misread
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 21:48]
Matt Grimes on 22:04 - Dec 28 with 3284 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Matt Grimes on 19:41 - Dec 28 by jasper_T

I'm not sure about that at the moment - game of opinions and all that - but will be interesting to see what he can do with a consistent midfielder with quality alongside him if we can find or develop one

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Matt Grimes on 04:16 - Dec 29 with 3211 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Matt Grimes on 22:04 - Dec 28 by PatchesOHoulihan

I'm not sure about that at the moment - game of opinions and all that - but will be interesting to see what he can do with a consistent midfielder with quality alongside him if we can find or develop one

He (and the likes of Celina and Fulton, possibly Carroll) are missing a skillful but tough midfielder to guide them through games and take pressure and responsibility off their young shoulders. We've seen what football they're capable of, if we get the right man in next season we'll be a very dangerous side indeed.

Fer is just not capable of being that man or maybe doesn't want to be.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Matt Grimes on 05:27 - Dec 29 with 3205 viewsGaz_M

Matt Grimes on 05:14 - Dec 27 by Captain_Sham

Still waiting on this.
Matt Grimes on 09:08 - Dec 29 with 3165 viewsicecoldjack

Never rated him at all, thought he was a waste of money, but thankfully in this division he looks fine, I think he's been one of our best players this season, I hope he can continue his form, very happy for him indeed.

Some of his long range passing was sublime against Villa, keep up the good work Matt !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024