Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At times today our football was outstanding 17:42 - Dec 26 with 2952 viewsLoyal

Some of the passing and interplay was superb. If Potter is given some grace ( and support from the stinking smell in the board room ) he will most certainly turn us in to a very good football team. Surely everyone can see this ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:43 - Dec 26 with 2060 viewsDarran

Absolutely but I don’t think many people currently see that happening.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:44 - Dec 26 with 2040 viewsTreforys_Jack

Agreed
At times today our football was outstanding on 17:45 - Dec 26 with 2029 viewsLoyal

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:43 - Dec 26 by Darran

Absolutely but I don’t think many people currently see that happening.

We've both been through this before, we both know as well that his football principles will pay off. As I said he needs some grace and time to get it right.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:45 - Dec 26 with 2023 viewsLandore_Jack

Players have to leave first before we can sign anyone.

#backtojack

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:47 - Dec 26 with 1981 viewssainthelens

Way I see it pal is there is arrogance creeping into our players, knowing,/thinking we are to good to end up in a struggle, and right now not having the guts for a battle. We are shortchanging ourselves bigtime. Tho having total cvnts running the show is still a massive issue.
At times today our football was outstanding on 17:49 - Dec 26 with 1975 viewsjasper_T

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:47 - Dec 26 by sainthelens

Way I see it pal is there is arrogance creeping into our players, knowing,/thinking we are to good to end up in a struggle, and right now not having the guts for a battle. We are shortchanging ourselves bigtime. Tho having total cvnts running the show is still a massive issue.

We're too good to go down imo.
At times today our football was outstanding on 17:50 - Dec 26 with 1957 viewsSmellyplumz

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:45 - Dec 26 by Landore_Jack

No worries there... We'll just give them away in January

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:50 - Dec 26 with 1949 viewsunion_jack

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:49 - Dec 26 by jasper_T

We're too good to go down imo.

I've heard that before!.

Hope you're right, and to be fair it's likely you are but anymore displays like Hull and Villa will see us giving the bottom lot a run for their money.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:51 - Dec 26 with 1945 viewsLoyal

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:45 - Dec 26 by Landore_Jack

I'm on about working with what he has. That's clearly what cards he has.

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:56 - Dec 26 with 1906 viewsjasper_T

At times today our football was outstanding on 17:50 - Dec 26 by union_jack

I've heard that before!.

Hope you're right, and to be fair it's likely you are but anymore displays like Hull and Villa will see us giving the bottom lot a run for their money.

Hull won again today. They're on a right tear.

There's nine teams below us struggling massively. Relegation ain't happening (with the current squad...) but bottom half would be a bad season, so we we need to be turning ability into points more often than we have recently.

We know this squad can defend because we went a couple of months with one of the best records in the division. But the problem then was we were scoring far less as well.
At times today our football was outstanding on 18:11 - Dec 26 with 1804 viewstrinityann

I don't agree with original post, I just thought we were boring, slow, predictable, lack of movement and the main ingredient lack of quality . Why do we start games like a training exercise, we just happy to knock it about and then after ten minutes we'd better start to try and get in opposition half. Aston Villa were experience pro's just let us knock it about without any real threat apart from Dan James. I just felt like Villa had the extra gear and not us if they wanted to use it.

We got so badly exposed down the right again today, for me Connor is playing like a right winger at times and if we playing a back four our fullbacks should be closer to our centre backs. But the main problem is still middle of the park, Leroy Fer was bad again today and didn't really notice Jay Fulton much.

Strangest decision of the day for me was taking off Dan James for Montero, we were under severe pressure down the flanks and we needed a tactical or system change. Dan James was our best player and Jeff look way short of match fitness and he was not going assure us on the defence side of game.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 18:13]
At times today our football was outstanding on 18:14 - Dec 26 with 1790 viewsjacksfullaces

no one seems clear what constitutes a good/bad season.

it keeps getting written or rewritten after a couple of good or bad results.

no clear vision, leadership or communication from the top is part of this.

although I did hear some mention of a 3 year plan back to the premiership by one of the pundits before the Hull game - not sure if that was just conjecture though, as fairly clear there has been no blueprint made public ..
At times today our football was outstanding on 18:27 - Dec 26 with 1701 viewsdickythorpe

I'm not settling or happy with mediocrity. We should have a team that gives us hope of achieving success.
At the moment we seem to be a team that is perceived to be above the relegation spots but not capable of being any higher than 12th
At times today our football was outstanding on 18:40 - Dec 26 with 1647 viewsCaptain_Sham

I'm not being ornery here I thought we lacked energy and urgency today. Even when we were behind. The number of times we lose the ball when dicking about for the sake of dicking about is not even funny. There are times when a size 10 up the pitch is perfectly fine. Roberts was poor. So now both he Rodon have gone off the boil. Worrying.

Its just a ride.

At times today our football was outstanding on 18:43 - Dec 26 with 1634 viewsBrynmill_Jack

At times today our football was outstanding on 18:40 - Dec 26 by Captain_Sham

I'm not being ornery here I thought we lacked energy and urgency today. Even when we were behind. The number of times we lose the ball when dicking about for the sake of dicking about is not even funny. There are times when a size 10 up the pitch is perfectly fine. Roberts was poor. So now both he Rodon have gone off the boil. Worrying.

The youngsters are tired and the likes of Fer are hampering our game instead of leading by example. Goal a direct result of him ducking about and losing the ball. Shockingly unprofessional. Perhaps he's been told there's no new deal for him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

At times today our football was outstanding on 18:56 - Dec 26 with 1581 viewsYossarian

At times today our football was outstanding on 18:43 - Dec 26 by Brynmill_Jack

The youngsters are tired and the likes of Fer are hampering our game instead of leading by example. Goal a direct result of him ducking about and losing the ball. Shockingly unprofessional. Perhaps he's been told there's no new deal for him.

He gives us NOTHING. In fact he’s costing us. Potter now needs to be brave and admit his mistake. Drop him and free transfer in January please. He’s NEVER been a good fit for our club in my view. Too lazy, too slow, not enough goals and NO LEADERSHIP.
He’s stolen a living from us for too long.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

At times today our football was outstanding on 19:10 - Dec 26 with 1534 viewsOldjack

Give Potter the tools and he will get us back to that money pit they call the Prem

A draw would have been a fair result today .Everything we put in front of the sticks today their keeper was right behind it and he hardly had to move ,even the pen

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

At times today our football was outstanding on 19:18 - Dec 26 with 1502 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

NO BANJO TODAY?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

At times today our football was outstanding on 19:19 - Dec 26 with 1495 viewsCaptain_Sham

At times today our football was outstanding on 19:18 - Dec 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

NO BANJO TODAY?

Its every fking game. We miss so many chances.

Its just a ride.

At times today our football was outstanding on 19:40 - Dec 26 with 1426 viewsItchySphincter

At times today our football was outstanding on 18:40 - Dec 26 by Captain_Sham

Rodon needs time out. Connor Roberts is at about his level imo. Decent, honest player but with his lack of pace and stamina he is about right as a lower half championship player.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

At times today our football was outstanding on 19:51 - Dec 26 with 1400 viewsdeepdale81

At all times today (not just today) our crossing is poor . certain players differ in their approach but generally it does not come in first time except for Dan James, coupled with connor roberts inability to go outside his man.
Basically the defending team has time ,so all the good work comes to nothing.
Their goal was a first time cross I might add.
At times today our football was outstanding on 19:59 - Dec 26 with 1380 viewsjasper_T

At times today our football was outstanding on 19:51 - Dec 26 by deepdale81

At all times today (not just today) our crossing is poor . certain players differ in their approach but generally it does not come in first time except for Dan James, coupled with connor roberts inability to go outside his man.
Basically the defending team has time ,so all the good work comes to nothing.
Their goal was a first time cross I might add.

Missed Routledge on the right today. Hutton had a very easy time with Celina dropping off and central.

Roberts is better when he's making late runs into channels (see the own goal in the Brentford game, makes all the space for Dyer to cross by dragging Dalsgaard away, and then blocking Mepham's view of the ball) rather than trying to hold width and take people on.

People have been slating him recently but with McKay at ten our play in the final third is much quicker if obviously less reliable. He'll be back in next game I bet.
At times today our football was outstanding on 20:10 - Dec 26 with 1358 viewsexiledclaseboy

We were ponderous and predictable for the most part today. I didn’t see any outstanding football from either team.

Poll: Tory leader

At times today our football was outstanding on 20:10 - Dec 26 with 1356 viewsicecoldjack

At times today our football was outstanding on 18:27 - Dec 26 by dickythorpe

I'm not settling or happy with mediocrity. We should have a team that gives us hope of achieving success.
At the moment we seem to be a team that is perceived to be above the relegation spots but not capable of being any higher than 12th

Which let's be honest is what thought it would be after gutting 16 players and selling all our centre halves only to not replace them.

I though today we did ok, but look lime strangers in the final 3rd, we look one trick pony at times and when the subs came on all shape was lost and then we looked like 11 strangers !

Small fractions that will either get bigger or smaller in January depending on what investment if any takes place.
I expect sales and offloading of the high earners to be replaced.with lesser quality.
At times today our football was outstanding on 20:14 - Dec 26 with 1338 viewsdeepdale81

At times today our football was outstanding on 19:59 - Dec 26 by jasper_T

Missed Routledge on the right today. Hutton had a very easy time with Celina dropping off and central.

Roberts is better when he's making late runs into channels (see the own goal in the Brentford game, makes all the space for Dyer to cross by dragging Dalsgaard away, and then blocking Mepham's view of the ball) rather than trying to hold width and take people on.

People have been slating him recently but with McKay at ten our play in the final third is much quicker if obviously less reliable. He'll be back in next game I bet.

Good point ,Mckay is food for thought with that analysis. but we don't seem to tick without Celina
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024