Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leroy Fer 19:01 - Dec 26 with 2700 viewsChief

Sluggish, slow, rash, uninterested, twp, unfit. Feel free to add to this list.

Desperately need a new central midfielder asap. Not up to it.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Leroy Fer on 22:03 - Dec 26 with 934 viewsChief

Leroy Fer on 21:26 - Dec 26 by builthjack

Fer is a bang average Championship player. Surely we all know that?

We don't know that.

He's worse.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Leroy Fer on 23:15 - Dec 26 with 893 viewsBanosPerth

Yes agreed, he was an absolute liability today.
Leroy Fer on 10:17 - Dec 27 with 806 viewsAngelRangelQS

Leroy Fer on 20:59 - Dec 26 by dickythorpe

Look pal you're obviously spoiling for a spat on here. Just accept some of us have differing views and crack on instead of going on and on like some brat that can't get his way.
The swans are a very average side this season. Many accept this but I don't. We should be better.
Players of course are to blame but those that manage and coach them are accountable as well.
I'll give Potter January to sort it out then I'll decide whether I feel he's a good boss.

At present the jury is out.

Have a good night.

We should be better given some of the players we have, however you have to feel sorry for Potter when those players who should have been carrying us through games have been abysmal.

If Fer, Bony, Carroll, Montero etc had played like players earning extortionate money in the PL for years and years then we’d be in the playoffs. As it is, he’s relying on a number of youngsters to be the main men with predictable results.

There’s far too much on the shoulders of OMB, Celina, Rodon, Grimes this season and anything other than minor criticism of them when they make the occasional mistake or have a bad game or few is pretty unfair imo.
Leroy Fer on 16:35 - Dec 27 with 734 viewsBadlands

Leroy is the new Wayne.
After serous injury he's getting back to speed IMO.
I saw him in Jenbach and he could barley walk so I was a mazed he was fi to play so soon afterwards.
He's had a few poor games but I thought his performance yesterday was OK.
A lot of criticism for their goal but he was fouled and then Connor had a mindflump and unnecessarily giving the Villa player the quarter of the pitch he should have been defending.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Leroy Fer on 16:45 - Dec 27 with 731 views34dfgdf54

Leroy Fer on 20:31 - Dec 26 by francos16

He is massively under achieving in a side which needs not only a captain that leads by example but also a talisman who drags the side by its coat tails through difficult games and periods in games . I think Dicky is fully justified in raising questions regarding the sides ‘ soft defending ‘ the incontrovertible evidence is there in the goals conceded coloum . Many of those goals have been set piece situations which is most definitely the Managers remit . That said I think Potter had no idea that a fire sale was going to take place in such dramatic numbers on the last day of the transfer window. Apparently he would have rejected the ‘gig’ had he known what was about to unravel with the transfers

Massively under achieving? Is that serious?
Leroy Fer on 16:46 - Dec 27 with 728 views34dfgdf54

Leroy Fer on 20:08 - Dec 26 by jasper_T

Just because someone is criticising Potter's actions or overall performance doesn't necessarily mean they want him immediately sacked.

It's not Potter's remit to be only slightly better than what would happen if we had another mid-season managerial change, and above reproach or even comment should he achieve it.

What’s his remit then?
Leroy Fer on 17:52 - Dec 27 with 704 viewsjasper_T

Leroy Fer on 16:46 - Dec 27 by 34dfgdf54

What’s his remit then?

Improve players and the squad, secure a strong position in the league etc. Steal more points than you throw away. Things good managers are judged on.

Being 'better the devil we know' is a terrible basis to judge a manager on. I imagine Potter would be pretty insulted if the only thing someone could say to defend his position was "well if we sacked him things could be worse!"
Leroy Fer on 18:09 - Dec 27 with 689 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leroy Fer on 16:45 - Dec 27 by 34dfgdf54

Massively under achieving? Is that serious?

To be fair he hasn't looked anything close to the player he's capable of being. Maybe it's because his contract is up soon?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Leroy Fer on 19:22 - Dec 27 with 673 viewsbluenile

Leroy Fer on 16:35 - Dec 27 by Badlands

Leroy is the new Wayne.
I saw him in Jenbach and he could barley walk so I was a mazed he was fi to play so soon afterwards.
A lot of criticism for their goal but he was fouled and then Connor had a mindflump and unnecessarily giving the Villa player the quarter of the pitch he should have been defending.

Jesus wept, I'd hate to think how bad he'd be if he had a really bad one in your eyes. Stevie Wonder could have seen that he had another 'mare yesterday. He's no captain, and shouldn't even make the team at the moment.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Leroy Fer on 19:31 - Dec 27 with 667 viewsPentyrchJack

Agree Dicky. He never looks match fit which is a shame as he has lots of hidden talent. Fulton is another one who who never looks match fit. They need to train with Tipuric!

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Leroy Fer on 20:43 - Dec 27 with 643 views34dfgdf54

Leroy Fer on 18:09 - Dec 27 by Brynmill_Jack

To be fair he hasn't looked anything close to the player he's capable of being. Maybe it's because his contract is up soon?

Ah sorry, I thought he meant as a team we are under achieving.
Leroy Fer on 20:45 - Dec 27 with 641 views34dfgdf54

Leroy Fer on 17:52 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Improve players and the squad, secure a strong position in the league etc. Steal more points than you throw away. Things good managers are judged on.

Being 'better the devil we know' is a terrible basis to judge a manager on. I imagine Potter would be pretty insulted if the only thing someone could say to defend his position was "well if we sacked him things could be worse!"

We will be in a strong position in league, exactly half way, after a relegation and big exodus of players that’s more than acceptable.

Improvement in players, see Matt Grimes.....
Leroy Fer on 21:14 - Dec 27 with 621 viewsnantywatcher

Leroy is the new Wayne.

Crikey! Gulp I actually agree with you Mr Badlands. The criticism of Fer on this thread is way over the top. I think with only a few games under his belt he is improving all the time. I've got a couple seated near me who slag off every single thing he does, they've made up their minds before a ball is even kicked. A bit of that going on here!!
Leroy Fer on 09:52 - Dec 28 with 553 viewsLeonWasGod

When he's on his game he's streets ahead of any other midfielder we have. But he does seem to be blowing through his arse lately - must be down to the injury(ies).
Leroy Fer on 10:59 - Dec 28 with 520 viewsdobjack2

Leroy Fer on 18:09 - Dec 27 by Brynmill_Jack

I may be being unfair but he doesn’t look like a player who is playing to get a new contract.
Leroy Fer on 11:37 - Dec 28 with 505 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Leroy Fer on 10:59 - Dec 28 by dobjack2

I may be being unfair but he doesn’t look like a player who is playing to get a new contract.

No, he looks like the same Fer that all his previous club's fans complained about, ie hot & cold, aggressive, but can be lazy.
He is coming back from a very serious injury, he may never be the same player again, certainly his ability to jump seems to be impaired.
Whether that is due to the injury or the fear from the injury only time will tell.
But we need him at or near his best.
Leroy Fer on 11:44 - Dec 28 with 498 viewsjasper_T

Leroy Fer on 09:52 - Dec 28 by LeonWasGod

When he's on his game he's streets ahead of any other midfielder we have. But he does seem to be blowing through his arse lately - must be down to the injury(ies).

He's always been a 60 minute player. If anything he's looking slightly fitter than normal at the moment. In the PL he'd barely make it onto the pitch after half time.
Leroy Fer on 11:57 - Dec 28 with 489 viewsLeonWasGod

Leroy Fer on 11:44 - Dec 28 by jasper_T

He's always been a 60 minute player. If anything he's looking slightly fitter than normal at the moment. In the PL he'd barely make it onto the pitch after half time.

I'm sure he was blowing after the lineup and handshakes on Wednesday
Leroy Fer on 15:57 - Dec 28 with 440 viewsicecoldjack

Leroy is the new Wayne.

Getting back to speed ?

Just how long is he going to need then because we are halfway through the season already and he's been playing games since August!

His first few games back he was different class, then he's sunk back to his inconsistent self once again.
One of the biggest enigma's I've seen in a swans shirt.

Potter knows this and IMO that's why he gave him the captaincy, hoping to focus him and get that extra 10% which makes him stand out in this league, so far it's a failed experiment, I'm not buying into the coming back from injury thing, it's more likely to be a your not having a new deal type thing.

I like him as a player but by fook he must be a nightmare for managers, never know what your going to get from one game to the next, he should be bossing 80% of the games he plays in, like I said total enigma .
Leroy Fer on 16:16 - Dec 28 with 432 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Leroy Fer on 15:57 - Dec 28 by icecoldjack

Getting back to speed ?

Just how long is he going to need then because we are halfway through the season already and he's been playing games since August!

His first few games back he was different class, then he's sunk back to his inconsistent self once again.
One of the biggest enigma's I've seen in a swans shirt.

Potter knows this and IMO that's why he gave him the captaincy, hoping to focus him and get that extra 10% which makes him stand out in this league, so far it's a failed experiment, I'm not buying into the coming back from injury thing, it's more likely to be a your not having a new deal type thing.

I like him as a player but by fook he must be a nightmare for managers, never know what your going to get from one game to the next, he should be bossing 80% of the games he plays in, like I said total enigma .

And as I said he was like it before he came here, we were warned by prior fans.
Leroy Fer on 16:25 - Dec 28 with 427 viewsBadlands

How many players return from achilles surgery and regain previous ability with half a season? Very few.
He was injured in September and was only able to manage 90 minutes in November.
As poor as he has been in the last 3 games he's still the best opposition we have in midfield and the only one who will routinely commit to a tackle.
Should he be doing better? Yes.
Should everyone in the team be doing better? Yes.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Leroy Fer on 16:31 - Dec 28 with 416 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leroy Fer on 16:25 - Dec 28 by Badlands

How many players return from achilles surgery and regain previous ability with half a season? Very few.
He was injured in September and was only able to manage 90 minutes in November.
As poor as he has been in the last 3 games he's still the best opposition we have in midfield and the only one who will routinely commit to a tackle.
Should he be doing better? Yes.
Should everyone in the team be doing better? Yes.

"He's the best opposition we have in midfield" - the rate he gives the ball away I couldn't agree more.

Leroy Fer on 16:34 - Dec 28 with 415 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leroy Fer on 10:59 - Dec 28 by dobjack2

What I meant was perhaps he's not been offered a new one, which under our present circumstances financially is completely understandable.

Leroy Fer on 16:58 - Dec 28 with 410 viewsicecoldjack

Leroy Fer on 16:34 - Dec 28 by Brynmill_Jack

What I meant was perhaps he's not been offered a new one, which under our present circumstances financially is completely understandable.

Yep, can be a bit of self preservation going on. If he's cricket and knows we arn't offering him a new deal he becomes a free agent having to prove fitness .

Of course the flip side 8s that Get has been inconsistent from day 1, and as the previous poster pointed out, we were indeed warned by both Norwich and QPR fans .

Personally I think he's been a bit better than they told us, he's just an enigma.
Leroy Fer on 22:32 - Dec 28 with 343 viewsdobjack2

Leroy Fer on 16:58 - Dec 28 by icecoldjack

Yep, can be a bit of self preservation going on. If he's cricket and knows we arn't offering him a new deal he becomes a free agent having to prove fitness .

Of course the flip side 8s that Get has been inconsistent from day 1, and as the previous poster pointed out, we were indeed warned by both Norwich and QPR fans .

Personally I think he's been a bit better than they told us, he's just an enigma.

I think he is a bit of a luxury player: however with the right midfield balance he could be a useful squad player in the premier and a handful at this level.

However our current midfield is unbalanced and has been for some time.

As for self preservation, it’s possible as we won’t give him a contract on the same terms as he is on now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024