Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James / Montero 19:09 - Dec 26 with 2467 viewsTNT

James gets no support, yet Montero has huge vocal support before he even gets on the pitch?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

James / Montero on 19:41 - Dec 26 with 1826 viewspencoedjack

Must be his name mate.

Dan James is the only player who starts who gets arses off seats
James / Montero on 19:59 - Dec 26 with 1785 viewsgiantstoneater

Not sure why James went off. How many years now have we witnessed Montero just scoop the same old ball in, so easy for centre backs to deal with.
James / Montero on 20:02 - Dec 26 with 1763 viewspencoedjack

James / Montero on 19:59 - Dec 26 by giantstoneater

Not sure why James went off. How many years now have we witnessed Montero just scoop the same old ball in, so easy for centre backs to deal with.

Probably because he’s been out injured for the last few weeks

Keep up .....
James / Montero on 20:02 - Dec 26 with 1772 viewsjasper_T

James / Montero on 19:59 - Dec 26 by giantstoneater

I'd imagine he's still building back fitness carefully. Half hour Saturday, hour today, bit longer at the weekend, hopefully.
James / Montero on 20:08 - Dec 26 with 1761 viewsgiantstoneater

James / Montero on 20:02 - Dec 26 by pencoedjack

Probably because he’s been out injured for the last few weeks

Keep up .....

Should have won a penalty but ref bottled it, he could have given him another 5 minutes or so. Don't need to keep up my opinion and that's all it is no need for rudeness.
James / Montero on 20:17 - Dec 26 with 1728 viewsicecoldjack

Wasted sub for me, all teams just double up on Montero now but he doesn't have the brain to draw the men and pass it inside to the free man until it's too late.

Not an intelligent footballer at all, I thought we should have kept our team together a bit longer today, we force it and lose shape when too many changes are made.
James / Montero on 20:20 - Dec 26 with 1729 viewsjasper_T

James / Montero on 20:17 - Dec 26 by icecoldjack

Wasted sub for me, all teams just double up on Montero now but he doesn't have the brain to draw the men and pass it inside to the free man until it's too late.

Not an intelligent footballer at all, I thought we should have kept our team together a bit longer today, we force it and lose shape when too many changes are made.

There was one time he got the ball with two in front of him and he checked back and no fcker was offering for him. He looked desperate to play a pass inside but they'd all gone into the box or were standing watching, expecting him to work his magic.

So he ended up kicking it out for a goal kick.

The decision to go to a Celina-Grimes midfield duo in an old-fashioned 4-4-2 was puzzling.
James / Montero on 20:55 - Dec 26 with 1662 viewsBadlands

James gets the crowd excited (me included) but there is not a lot there in terms of end product.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

James / Montero on 21:06 - Dec 26 with 1633 viewsTNT

James / Montero on 20:55 - Dec 26 by Badlands

James gets the crowd excited (me included) but there is not a lot there in terms of end product.

My point is...Dan James gets no support when on the pitch, yet Montero gets cult status
support off the pitch.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

James / Montero on 21:15 - Dec 26 with 1601 viewsOldjack

On his day Jeff can rip defenders a new one ,I've yet to see James achieve that ,although he's a fast nippy mover

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

James / Montero on 21:27 - Dec 26 with 1581 viewsAndy1300

James / Montero on 21:06 - Dec 26 by TNT

My point is...Dan James gets no support when on the pitch, yet Montero gets cult status
support off the pitch.

We need a song for Dan

Number 1 team in Wales

James / Montero on 22:18 - Dec 26 with 1510 viewslonglostjack

James / Montero on 20:55 - Dec 26 by Badlands

What?? Put in some good crosses and looked much more effective than Montero when he came on. McBurnie was the one missing the end product.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 22:22]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

James / Montero on 22:21 - Dec 26 with 1483 viewsicecoldjack

James / Montero on 20:20 - Dec 26 by jasper_T

There was one time he got the ball with two in front of him and he checked back and no fcker was offering for him. He looked desperate to play a pass inside but they'd all gone into the box or were standing watching, expecting him to work his magic.

So he ended up kicking it out for a goal kick.

The decision to go to a Celina-Grimes midfield duo in an old-fashioned 4-4-2 was puzzling.

That maybe was the exception rather than the rule.

Many times there was a pass on but he chose to try and take 2 players on.

My point is that we don't seem to be cute to the double up and we don't exploit it enough either.

We are a frustrating team to watch at times that's for sure .
James / Montero on 22:27 - Dec 26 with 1479 viewsUxbridge

This will be the Montero who has been the deciding factor in matches, even with just a 10 minute cameo, plenty of times this season. Junk today of course but then he invariably had two in him, and rarely had the ball on the front foot (which has always been what was needed to get the best out of him).

Wingers are only as good as what's around them. Don't give them the time and space or the targets and they're invariably going to struggle.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

James / Montero on 14:23 - Dec 27 with 1288 viewsgiantstoneater

James / Montero on 22:27 - Dec 26 by Uxbridge

This will be the Montero who has been the deciding factor in matches, even with just a 10 minute cameo, plenty of times this season. Junk today of course but then he invariably had two in him, and rarely had the ball on the front foot (which has always been what was needed to get the best out of him).

Wingers are only as good as what's around them. Don't give them the time and space or the targets and they're invariably going to struggle.

A frustrating player player for me to watch Uxbridge rips right backs a new one but his delivery is the same as young James`. Against Weds he didn`t actually do a lot but the threat he carries made Weds wary of him and it opened up the right flank for us. I wish he would just vary the type of balls he puts in or even cut in and have a go himself. There is no doubt that on his day he causes panic in opposition defences but all to often the effort is just not there one of several enigmas we have in the team.
James / Montero on 14:34 - Dec 27 with 1263 viewsTaliesin

James / Montero on 14:23 - Dec 27 by giantstoneater

A frustrating player player for me to watch Uxbridge rips right backs a new one but his delivery is the same as young James`. Against Weds he didn`t actually do a lot but the threat he carries made Weds wary of him and it opened up the right flank for us. I wish he would just vary the type of balls he puts in or even cut in and have a go himself. There is no doubt that on his day he causes panic in opposition defences but all to often the effort is just not there one of several enigmas we have in the team.

Unfortunately the way we play the game it is rare to see a ball played in front of a already moving Montero as this is when he's at his best. He's always static wanting for the ball and this makes it easy for defenders particularly when they double up.

Lack of a song apart I've not perceived a lack of support for Dan there is always a buzz when he gets the ball at his feet.
James / Montero on 14:44 - Dec 27 with 1253 viewsBrynmill_Jack

James / Montero on 14:34 - Dec 27 by Taliesin

Unfortunately the way we play the game it is rare to see a ball played in front of a already moving Montero as this is when he's at his best. He's always static wanting for the ball and this makes it easy for defenders particularly when they double up.

Lack of a song apart I've not perceived a lack of support for Dan there is always a buzz when he gets the ball at his feet.

Celina and Grimes are the some of the few players who can weight a pass exactly right for a player to run on to.

Our winner against Millwall away was a classic example, during the one two played between them Montero gave an imperfect pass to Celina whose return could not have been placed better. But it's no good plonking him on the opposite wing and expect him to do the same. Fer out !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

James / Montero on 15:40 - Dec 27 with 1200 viewsWhiterockin

IMO Dan James is a one trick pony, pace. He can beat a player on pace but not trickery, when he cuts inside to shoot the shot has no pace. Like many of our current squad, good areas to his game but lacking in many.
James / Montero on 15:55 - Dec 27 with 1177 viewsCaptain_Sham

James / Montero on 21:27 - Dec 26 by Andy1300

We need a song for Dan

How about "Dan,Dan we are the ones in white " ? Its a folk tune from old Ireland.

Its just a ride.

James / Montero on 15:55 - Dec 27 with 1177 viewsgiantstoneater

James / Montero on 14:44 - Dec 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Celina and Grimes are the some of the few players who can weight a pass exactly right for a player to run on to.

Our winner against Millwall away was a classic example, during the one two played between them Montero gave an imperfect pass to Celina whose return could not have been placed better. But it's no good plonking him on the opposite wing and expect him to do the same. Fer out !

A decent defensive midfielder might give the team a little balance I don't think we have one natural defensive midfielder at the club. Celina looked more the part when he moved into the middle but both Celina and Grimes under hit good opportunities to put in players but we had good chances when those two were paired up put a good defensive midfielder with those two and may have a more creative unit. Celina out wide is not an option for me he rarely makes runs and doesn't appear to be keen to open up its hard to decide whether he has any pace at all. Celina and Montero both gave good passes for the winning goal at Millwall need more of that.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 16:04]
James / Montero on 16:06 - Dec 27 with 1149 viewsjasper_T

James / Montero on 15:40 - Dec 27 by Whiterockin

IMO Dan James is a one trick pony, pace. He can beat a player on pace but not trickery, when he cuts inside to shoot the shot has no pace. Like many of our current squad, good areas to his game but lacking in many.

Pace is the big asset but there are players quicker off the mark that don't find themselves in nearly as much space as often as Dan does. And while he doesn't have any stepovers or start-stop savagery of peak Montero he's got the good sense to come back and recycle play if it's not on, and will make second movements off the ball which has been missing from all our wingers since Dyer and Routledge were regulars.

His crossing was decent as well yesterday. The McBurnie chance is a yard behind being ideal but it's not like he put it out for a goal kick like most of Bolassie's, and he set up a chance for Celina with a high ball to the back post that Connor nodded back across. A few other times he got up in space with only Oli in the box against 3 defenders, so put it in a good area and forced them to defend. Their keeper nearly spilled on onto Fulton's foot, we got at least one corner out of it.

Had a quiet game by his standards. He and Celina need to be closer together, their best games have come playing side by side.
James / Montero on 18:16 - Dec 27 with 1064 viewsBrynmill_Jack

James / Montero on 15:40 - Dec 27 by Whiterockin

File under Darren Perret, Richie Appleby

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

James / Montero on 02:43 - Dec 28 with 955 viewsTaliesin

At the moment Dan is very much work in progress.

He's 21 and has been handed his big chance, a chance he's taken with both hands. A season's experience will se his game improve massively and if he keeps grounded, is willing to learn then there is no reason he cannot be a top player

You will need to have a little patience however
James / Montero on 07:44 - Dec 28 with 913 viewsJinxy

James / Montero on 14:34 - Dec 27 by Taliesin

Spot on.
James / Montero on 07:47 - Dec 28 with 904 viewsJinxy

James / Montero on 19:41 - Dec 26 by pencoedjack

Must be his name mate.

Dan James is the only player who starts who gets arses off seats

Bony may have the same effect too - to beat the traffic before KO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024