Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter, exempt from blame? 19:40 - Dec 26 with 4031 viewsdickythorpe

Potter, exempt from blame? on 19:45 - Dec 26 with 2391 viewsItchySphincter

Potter sets them up and sends them out. He has a lot of hard work to do. To an extent I don’t really think he should be to closely judged until the end of next season but if we continue on the current trajectory he may not get the chance. Certainly not exempt from blame, especially when all the defeats have a similar pattern.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Potter, exempt from blame? on 19:55 - Dec 26 with 2369 viewsCooperman

Exempt from blame of what needs definition.

He certainly cannot be blamed for the assembly of what’s before him. The playing squad has been shaped by what has gone on at boardroom level over the last three years. No need to dredge up the history but sufffice to say that some of the history was on show today.

Where he is sometimes culpable is game management; Rotherham is the obvious example that springs to mind.

What I’m not exactly sure on is the situation concerning the handling of Narsingh, Routs, Dyer and Bony - are there really restrictions on playing time? Is he being forced not to play them? Is he making a point by not playing them?

Definitely a case of work in progress and this was always going to be the case. Of course there are some of us who expected / demanded instant success but this was always an improbable outcome. After the merry-go round of recent managerial positions we now need a period of stability and I believe that Potter is the right man for the job, he’s by no means getting everything right though just yet.

I’ll give him a 7 out of 10 right now.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Potter, exempt from blame? on 20:22 - Dec 26 with 2330 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Potter, exempt from blame? on 19:55 - Dec 26 by Cooperman

Exempt from blame of what needs definition.

He certainly cannot be blamed for the assembly of what’s before him. The playing squad has been shaped by what has gone on at boardroom level over the last three years. No need to dredge up the history but sufffice to say that some of the history was on show today.

Where he is sometimes culpable is game management; Rotherham is the obvious example that springs to mind.

What I’m not exactly sure on is the situation concerning the handling of Narsingh, Routs, Dyer and Bony - are there really restrictions on playing time? Is he being forced not to play them? Is he making a point by not playing them?

Definitely a case of work in progress and this was always going to be the case. Of course there are some of us who expected / demanded instant success but this was always an improbable outcome. After the merry-go round of recent managerial positions we now need a period of stability and I believe that Potter is the right man for the job, he’s by no means getting everything right though just yet.

I’ll give him a 7 out of 10 right now.

"He certainly cannot be blamed for the assembly of what’s before him."

I diaagree. I'm sure I read that he had been following Osoro for a number of years, yet he looks horribly out of his depth at this level and is being outshine by our other youngsters and even the old timers like Routledge , and he was one of our two primary signings in the Summer.

McKay looks no better than a geriatric Routledge.

Let's not make excuses for him. He's boasted about his fantastic scouting system yet he hasn't identified and brought in anyone we can seem a success as of yet.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Potter, exempt from blame? on 20:26 - Dec 26 with 2317 viewsjasper_T

Potter, exempt from blame? on 20:22 - Dec 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I diaagree. I'm sure I read that he had been following Osoro for a number of years, yet he looks horribly out of his depth at this level and is being outshine by our other youngsters and even the old timers like Routledge , and he was one of our two primary signings in the Summer.

Let's not make excuses for him. He's boasted about his fantastic scouting system yet he hasn't identified and brought in anyone we can seem a success as of yet.

It's worrying that every player we're being linked to for January is a Scot or old story from the Monk era. Sure sounds like the old team is still running the show, even though the club said they'd all been sacked.

Maybe Macaulay is just good at keeping things out of the press?
Potter, exempt from blame? on 20:40 - Dec 26 with 2289 viewsicecoldjack

Yes exempt from blame but needs to sharpen up a bit too.

Ollie missing a great chance is not his fault, neither is Bony missing a penalty.
Those.boys do what their played to do, this thread don't exist .

As said above nobody really knows what's going on behind the scenes, no routs,dyer or narsingh then we get to December and Wayne and Nathan are then expected to play and be up to speed having not kicked a ball all season.

It's all a bit mystifying.
Potter, exempt from blame? on 21:05 - Dec 26 with 2231 viewsGaryjack

Potter, exempt from blame? on 20:26 - Dec 26 by jasper_T

It's worrying that every player we're being linked to for January is a Scot or old story from the Monk era. Sure sounds like the old team is still running the show, even though the club said they'd all been sacked.

Maybe Macaulay is just good at keeping things out of the press?

The old scouting team may have been sacked, but the old team are still running the show!

Potter, exempt from blame? on 21:06 - Dec 26 with 2222 viewsCooperman

The reason why we can only just afford the likes of Barry McKay is down to the boardroom activities of proceeding three years. Asoro was never going to make our season just as he was never going to break it.

Potter, exempt from blame? on 21:49 - Dec 26 with 2145 viewsjasper_T

Potter, exempt from blame? on 21:06 - Dec 26 by Cooperman

The reason why we can only just afford the likes of Barry McKay is down to the boardroom activities of proceeding three years. Asoro was never going to make our season just as he was never going to break it.

£2m and started the first few games of the season, but yeah he was never going to be important to our fortunes, who cares?
Login to get fewer ads

Potter, exempt from blame? on 21:58 - Dec 26 with 2124 viewsjack247

He’s not exempt from blame, but it’s pretty clear he’s been fighting with one hand tied behind his back. Not really backed in January, no natural holding midfielder or left back (unless you count John), a plethora of wingers and maybe under a bit of pressure to give Bony game time.

He’s certainly made mistakes and for a manager with a reputation for changing tactics during games, I’ve been a bit disappointed with that aspect. Deserves a bit of slack though.
Potter, exempt from blame? on 22:05 - Dec 26 with 2105 viewsjasper_T

Potter, exempt from blame? on 21:58 - Dec 26 by jack247

He’s not exempt from blame, but it’s pretty clear he’s been fighting with one hand tied behind his back. Not really backed in January, no natural holding midfielder or left back (unless you count John), a plethora of wingers and maybe under a bit of pressure to give Bony game time.

He’s certainly made mistakes and for a manager with a reputation for changing tactics during games, I’ve been a bit disappointed with that aspect. Deserves a bit of slack though.

Unlucky with the Olsson injury(s) but other managers have had biggercrisis to deal with. Villa today playing a right back there, we played Leeds when they had no centrebacks etc.

Was frustrating to see him playing our best centre mid there when Connor and Kyle have both had plenty of experience playing on the left.
Potter, exempt from blame? on 22:07 - Dec 26 with 2094 viewsCooperman

Potter, exempt from blame? on 21:49 - Dec 26 by jasper_T

£2m and started the first few games of the season, but yeah he was never going to be important to our fortunes, who cares?

Which of course is not what I said.

Potter, exempt from blame? on 22:10 - Dec 26 with 2094 viewsjack247

Potter, exempt from blame? on 22:05 - Dec 26 by jasper_T

Unlucky with the Olsson injury(s) but other managers have had biggercrisis to deal with. Villa today playing a right back there, we played Leeds when they had no centrebacks etc.

Was frustrating to see him playing our best centre mid there when Connor and Kyle have both had plenty of experience playing on the left.

Not really, it’s going to happen to most clubs for a few games. Olsson is out for the season.

The board may back him and bring in a left back in January. If not, we are left with Naughton/Roberts on their weaker side, Grimes out of position and also missing from midfield or Declan John for more than half a season. I wouldn’t compare that to a short term injury crisis.
Potter, exempt from blame? on 22:19 - Dec 26 with 2069 viewsUxbridge

As a general rule, nobody is exempt from blame.

However let's look at the club's recent history. No manager has lasted any real length of time. During that time the club has spiralled downwards. Coincidence? Of course not.

Sooner or later, the club has to back someone for the long term. Particularly because, and this was said plenty enough in the summer, we were a basket case on the playing side. That can't be turned around in one window, especially one that such massive changes took place, mainly through the exit.

FWIW, I've seen enough in Potter for me to think he has to be the one we back for long term. Of course he's made decisions that didn't work but plenty have, and he's had to be creative to cover the obvious deficits in our squad.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Potter, exempt from blame? on 22:23 - Dec 26 with 2051 viewsPrivate_Partz

This poll is going the same way as every year for the last three or four.
Slowly but surely we start to blame the manager and players when it is Jenkins and the Yanks who are entirely to blame.
If it continues then yet another decent manager will head for the exit door whilst Jenkins will remain in his ivory tower drawing his extorntinate salary.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 22:26]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Potter, exempt from blame? on 09:53 - Dec 27 with 1898 viewsJack_Kass

Fantastic coach

Questionable manager

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Potter, exempt from blame? on 10:01 - Dec 27 with 1883 views34dfgdf54

Like I keep saying. Sack him.

See what happens next, it won’t be good.
Potter, exempt from blame? on 10:09 - Dec 27 with 1856 viewsMrSwerve

I wouldn’t say he’s exempt from blame, but he’s been dealt a difficult hand with us this season. He seems to be adequately steadying the ship during what is a year of turmoil behind the scenes with players being sold and loaned out. I don’t think there are any/many managers who would be doing a better job than Potter right now.

This is a bit of a scratch season for me...steady the ship, get the finances sorted out, and fully back Potter in the transfer market for next season. Then we will go at it again. The main thing for this year is to guarantee that we do not fall even further down the leagues. The board are just as responsible for ensuring that we are equipped to refresh the squad and return us to an upward trend.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Potter, exempt from blame? on 13:11 - Dec 27 with 1768 viewsvalleyboy

I should have added McKay to a posting I wrote on another thread

So could that be three signings that Potter has agreed to bring into Swansea, as I had already mentioned Asoro and Vickers-Carter in that previous posting
Potter, exempt from blame? on 16:50 - Dec 27 with 1690 viewsLoyal

Potter, exempt from blame? on 13:11 - Dec 27 by valleyboy

I should have added McKay to a posting I wrote on another thread

So could that be three signings that Potter has agreed to bring into Swansea, as I had already mentioned Asoro and Vickers-Carter in that previous posting

All of them Asoro, CCV, McKay, Celina have been as good as or better than what we had. Development under Potters guidance will improve them all.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter, exempt from blame? on 17:41 - Dec 27 with 1651 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Potter, exempt from blame? on 16:50 - Dec 27 by Loyal

All of them Asoro, CCV, McKay, Celina have been as good as or better than what we had. Development under Potters guidance will improve them all.

Asoro is not better than what we had. Neither is CCV or McKay.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Potter, exempt from blame? on 17:55 - Dec 27 with 1623 viewsvalleyboy

Potter, exempt from blame? on 16:50 - Dec 27 by Loyal

You must be having a laugh

Why is it that most of the players that were in Swansea before of the signing of the mentioned three have more game time

As for Celina who I never mentioned with the other three

What was mentioned yesterday or was it the day before, that he is hot and cold, sums him up perfectly

Yesterday was another of his “cold” performance

I think the head of football at icwales sums up yesterday’s game perfectly, when he gave the keeper the second best player on the pitch
Potter, exempt from blame? on 17:59 - Dec 27 with 1616 viewsjasper_T

Asoro is a bit better than Jordon Garrick at the moment but in a few months who knows.
Potter, exempt from blame? on 18:14 - Dec 27 with 1593 viewsvalleyboy

Potter, exempt from blame? on 17:59 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Asoro is a bit better than Jordon Garrick at the moment but in a few months who knows.

My God

If you have to go down the scale that far

Then Swansea are in big trouble
Potter, exempt from blame? on 19:40 - Dec 27 with 1554 viewsvalleyboy

Potter, exempt from blame? on 17:59 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

A few years ago and after I retired I used to watch a lot of what I call “reserve team” football

There was one player in particular that caught my eye that I thought had a very good future playing in football

His name was Josh Sheehan

Yes he went out on loan to Yeovil twice but now playing football regularly for Newport County

Yes he would have had to be an exceptional player to have broken into a side playing in the Premier League, but I would think he would definitely have done well playing for Swansea in the Championship

I remember two particular games he played in. One playing against Cardiff in either the under 18’s or could it have been the under 19’s (can’t remember the name of second club) in where he dominated the midfield by his passes he put out to all parts of the field and his running to get into position to retake the ball back if it was needed

Now when I see players like the players I have mentioned before and yes two are wingers compared to Sheehan being a midfield player, I think Swansea have better player go and bought rubbish instead
Potter, exempt from blame? on 19:50 - Dec 27 with 1546 viewsSgorioFruit

A simple question that should be asked is

“Has our manager selected a designated penalty taker?”

If not then that is a cock up at managerial level

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024