Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie 19:58 - Dec 26 with 20820 viewslatchford

what a joke. The worst centre forward the club has ever had
McBurnie on 13:22 - Jan 2 with 2742 viewsGaz_M

Oli a better all round player. Tammy has come well as a poacher but doesn't do much else around the pitch. Useless target man, shit passer, can't dribble. Good finisher but even then he misses a few.
McBurnie on 14:39 - Jan 2 with 2595 viewsfrancos16

At what point are we going to get an £18 million offer for Oli from a current top 8 Prem side ? I will throw caution to the wind on this one and say ......Never. Might just be a further indication of the gulf in ability........ just saying
McBurnie on 15:17 - Jan 2 with 2531 viewsjasper_T

Teams look at Tammy's frame, his passport, and the club badge and that's £15m there alone. Has all the frills and trappings of a potential top-level striker.

A Scottish/Yorkshire scruff doesn't compare unless his stats are much, much higher (they're not).
McBurnie on 15:22 - Jan 2 with 2520 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Tammy is poacher and Ollie is a team player, which is why Ollie has more assists than Tammy.
Tammy has more striker ability except with his head, where Ollie is better.
McBurnie on 15:26 - Jan 2 with 2502 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 15:22 - Jan 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Tammy is poacher and Ollie is a team player, which is why Ollie has more assists than Tammy.
Tammy has more striker ability except with his head, where Ollie is better.

Even then Abraham's leap is much higher than Oli's. Both tall but only one outjumps vdH by a good 6 inches.

Oli is the much better finisher. If he gets a toe to the ball it's probably going in.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 15:27]
McBurnie on 15:29 - Jan 2 with 2490 viewsA_Fans_Dad

McBurnie on 15:26 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

Even then Abraham's leap is much higher than Oli's. Both tall but only one outjumps vdH by a good 6 inches.

Oli is the much better finisher. If he gets a toe to the ball it's probably going in.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 15:27]

Perhaps his head is Ash Williams shaped then.
McBurnie on 15:44 - Jan 2 with 2459 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 15:29 - Jan 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Perhaps his head is Ash Williams shaped then.

Yeah it's all over the place but it's the sort of thing confident coaches think they can fix as long as they've got the physical foundations to work with.

It's the classic Armageddon problem, though. Teaching miners to be astronauts is a more interesting proposition than teaching astronauts to be miners, when the latter is the simpler task. Athletic ability is far more malleable than technical skill or a footballing brain.

Get Oli in the gym and add some mass to him and he could be a top centre forward.
McBurnie on 20:32 - Jan 2 with 2206 viewsKilkennyjack

McBurnie on 13:10 - Jan 2 by Taliesin

Tammy may be Chelsea owned but he will never play for them. If he was owned by another club there is no way Chelsea would take a punt on his so he keep harping on about him being a Chelsea player is pretty much irrelevant.

And Oli is a better player than Tammy

Well i can think of , say, 18 million reasons why you are incorrect.

How much do you think our Oli is worth then ?

(You do know that Tammy is only 21, yes ?)

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie on 20:50 - Jan 2 with 2164 viewsItchySphincter

McBurnie on 15:41 - Dec 29 by Kilkennyjack

If you can convince anybody that Oli is a better player than Tammy, then you really will have something to smirk about.

Maybe you are right though, and its just that Chelsea have not seen Oli play yet ?
See how silly it sounds ?

Give your head a wobble ffs.

No words.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

McBurnie on 14:29 - Jan 3 with 1998 viewsPapaLazarou

McBurnie on 20:26 - Dec 26 by icecoldjack

Stuffed his big goal chance today, question is this, would you have Tammy here on 50k a week or Ollie mac on 10-12k a week?

One is an England international and did absolutely fook all for 90 mins and one is a jock international who worked himself into the ground for the team and left it all on the field.

I can't fault.his effort, but like most of the team he's a young player who's still a work In progress, give him a break I say, it won't help slagging him off just accept the days of Michu,DG,Bony MK1,Ayew MK1 and Llorente are long gone.

This is what it is, support the boys and stop slagging them, they are doing their best and I applaud them for that.

I agree with the sentiment of this post, but by the way, with start & goal bonuses Oli is earning more than double the amount you suggested.

Nice to see him bag 2 on NYD. His goals seem to come in fits and starts, so hopefully we are due a bit of a flurry.

£18m for Abraham is an over-inflated price tag, he is probably worth around £12m. But it's silly season, and he's proven himself to be a goalscorer in teams which create chances.
McBurnie on 15:06 - Jan 3 with 1953 viewstrinityann

Not much difference in the pair of them. Both championship standard and if you create chances they will score. If McBurnie was more selfish and done less wandering and he would have more goals. Fed up of seeing good deliveries into box without a striker there.
McBurnie on 15:11 - Jan 3 with 1947 viewsMaverickE20

Abraham is head and shoulders above McBurnie, and I am a McBurnie fan.
McBurnie on 15:25 - Jan 3 with 1914 viewsgiantstoneater

Of the two players only Olly interests me, he is still very much a rough diamond but he scored goals at a struggling Championship club last season where perhaps we should have kept him, keeping our own attacking options open, who knows he may have kept us up. As to polishing up that rough diamond I would prefer for him to see if he can find an extra yard of pace rather than just add muscle, it can be done and to help him we can bring in a sprinting coach it's been done by us before years ago and I think it was Lyn Davies. Olly has had plenty of stick this season but the effort is there for all to see unlike Tammy last season.
McBurnie on 15:28 - Jan 3 with 1903 viewstrinityann

McBurnie on 15:25 - Jan 3 by giantstoneater

Of the two players only Olly interests me, he is still very much a rough diamond but he scored goals at a struggling Championship club last season where perhaps we should have kept him, keeping our own attacking options open, who knows he may have kept us up. As to polishing up that rough diamond I would prefer for him to see if he can find an extra yard of pace rather than just add muscle, it can be done and to help him we can bring in a sprinting coach it's been done by us before years ago and I think it was Lyn Davies. Olly has had plenty of stick this season but the effort is there for all to see unlike Tammy last season.

Your never going to gain a yard of pace unless your Linford Christie.
McBurnie on 15:36 - Jan 3 with 1895 viewsgiantstoneater

McBurnie on 15:28 - Jan 3 by trinityann

Your never going to gain a yard of pace unless your Linford Christie.

So how do sprinters improve? They get coached and they can improve their technique so can Olly have a little faith!👍
McBurnie on 16:03 - Jan 3 with 1863 viewsjasper_T

Have you seen sprinters these days? All muscle. No power in his skinny little legs, that's a bigger problem than technique issues a proper sprint coach might fix.

There's a few of the youngsters that look like they should be faster than they are. Joe Rodon takes short steps for a guy his size. vdH covers ground just as fast despite being a heavier, "slower" man.
McBurnie on 17:04 - Jan 3 with 1825 viewsKilkennyjack

McBurnie on 16:03 - Jan 3 by jasper_T

Have you seen sprinters these days? All muscle. No power in his skinny little legs, that's a bigger problem than technique issues a proper sprint coach might fix.

There's a few of the youngsters that look like they should be faster than they are. Joe Rodon takes short steps for a guy his size. vdH covers ground just as fast despite being a heavier, "slower" man.

Rodon is a lot quicker than Mikey. Fact.

Beware of the Risen People

McBurnie on 17:22 - Jan 3 with 1796 viewsgiantstoneater

McBurnie on 16:03 - Jan 3 by jasper_T

Just working on his technique will help him, too much muscle will affect his agility, a combination of the two perhaps? Olly looks quite strong to me I just think a little extra gas would help him more.
McBurnie on 18:28 - Jan 3 with 1708 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie on 17:04 - Jan 3 by Kilkennyjack

Rodon is a lot quicker than Mikey. Fact.

Can’t remember who it was against but Rodon made some serious ground up in a foot race at the Liberty a few weeks back, I’d definitely say he’s quicker than VDH. Rodon to me, loses concentration at times, but that will come with experience.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 18:29]
McBurnie on 18:40 - Jan 3 with 1690 viewsjack247

He’s never going to keep up with Dan James without a head start. Not saying he can’t get quicker, but he hasn’t got the frame for that. Not blaming him for it at all, but he may be dropping a bit too far at times. If he starts an attack from deep, he’s unlikely to be there to finish it
McBurnie on 18:49 - Jan 3 with 1680 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 18:28 - Jan 3 by 34dfgdf54

Can’t remember who it was against but Rodon made some serious ground up in a foot race at the Liberty a few weeks back, I’d definitely say he’s quicker than VDH. Rodon to me, loses concentration at times, but that will come with experience.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 18:29]

Joe is pretty quick for a centreback (the main reason he was preferred to Cian at the start of the season, I would wager) but van der Hoorn hits a very similar top speed, and is rarely beaten in a flat footrace at this level. It's surprising because Big Mike's legs don't move nearly as fast, but his stride is better.

If Joe learns to open out a bit more he could be absolutely rapid.
McBurnie on 18:51 - Jan 3 with 1673 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 17:22 - Jan 3 by giantstoneater

Just working on his technique will help him, too much muscle will affect his agility, a combination of the two perhaps? Olly looks quite strong to me I just think a little extra gas would help him more.

What agility?

The thing with Ollie is he hasn't got the mobility to lose like a lot of players. No real risk in putting on some quality mass.

Less Wilf more Ronaldo & Bale.
McBurnie on 19:00 - Jan 3 with 1665 viewsItchySphincter

McBurnie on 15:11 - Jan 3 by MaverickE20

Abraham is head and shoulders above McBurnie, and I am a McBurnie fan.

That remains to be seen, you may eventually be proven right but we’ve seen nothing so far to suggest it.

McBurnie on 19:08 - Jan 3 with 1658 viewsItchySphincter

I’m with you in that I wouldn’t swap them. I like Abraham a lot and think he suffered from playing in a very poor team when with us but I’ve seen nothing to suggest that he’s a better player all round player than Ollie, unless of course you’d consider him better because Chelsea have him under contract and completely ignore that fact that he’s never, and is never likely to, kick a ball in anger for them.

McBurnie on 23:32 - Jan 3 with 1527 viewsgiantstoneater

McBurnie on 18:51 - Jan 3 by jasper_T

What agility?

The thing with Ollie is he hasn't got the mobility to lose like a lot of players. No real risk in putting on some quality mass.

Less Wilf more Ronaldo & Bale.

Ronaldo and Bale two boys who have pace to Burn would be nice if Olly could do likewise😀
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024