Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie 19:58 - Dec 26 with 20503 viewslatchford

what a joke. The worst centre forward the club has ever had
McBurnie on 07:43 - Jan 4 with 3640 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie on 18:49 - Jan 3 by jasper_T

Joe is pretty quick for a centreback (the main reason he was preferred to Cian at the start of the season, I would wager) but van der Hoorn hits a very similar top speed, and is rarely beaten in a flat footrace at this level. It's surprising because Big Mike's legs don't move nearly as fast, but his stride is better.

If Joe learns to open out a bit more he could be absolutely rapid.

Cian looks small to me for a centre half? Only seen him play live once and he was on far side.
McBurnie on 12:28 - Jan 4 with 3479 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 07:43 - Jan 4 by 34dfgdf54

Cian looks small to me for a centre half? Only seen him play live once and he was on far side.

He's 6'1/6'2. He's not especially small, but not a man mountain either. We have and have had smaller, certainly, but he's a couple of inches short of Joe.

Cian's only played for us against Tammy Abraham and a Nordic giant so maybe it's a bit deceptive. Look at him next to average-sized Kyle Naughton here:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/happy-new-year-swans
McBurnie on 13:42 - Jan 4 with 3393 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie on 12:28 - Jan 4 by jasper_T

He's 6'1/6'2. He's not especially small, but not a man mountain either. We have and have had smaller, certainly, but he's a couple of inches short of Joe.

Cian's only played for us against Tammy Abraham and a Nordic giant so maybe it's a bit deceptive. Look at him next to average-sized Kyle Naughton here:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/happy-new-year-swans

Fair shout.

Fingers crossed his confidence hasn’t taken too much of a hammering over his first appearances at first team level. As you know I stick up for Potter, but the way he’s treated him hasn’t been good for a young player. I admittedly said after the Wigan game he doesn’t look up too it, but on reflection it’s not fair at all to judge him on that game.
McBurnie on 14:27 - Jan 4 with 3345 viewsBytholWyn

Cian didn't play that badly to be fair, but he didn't help leave a favourable impression after lumping a few hopeful long balls up to CBR, which were promptly lost. What I'm not sure of though is whether this was down to a loss of composure on Cian's part or whether this was part of the game plan. I know that Potter isn't a purist in the Rodgers mould but I really can't see there being a case for playing Pulis-ball, even some of the time. It contributed a great deal to our loss of control in the first half against Wigan. When CBR came on towards the end of the Reading match we saw a few more hoofballs up to him - which supports the idea that this was a deliberate Potter ploy in both the Wigan and Reading games.
McBurnie on 15:12 - Jan 4 with 3303 viewskarnataka

McBurnie on 14:27 - Jan 4 by BytholWyn

Cian didn't play that badly to be fair, but he didn't help leave a favourable impression after lumping a few hopeful long balls up to CBR, which were promptly lost. What I'm not sure of though is whether this was down to a loss of composure on Cian's part or whether this was part of the game plan. I know that Potter isn't a purist in the Rodgers mould but I really can't see there being a case for playing Pulis-ball, even some of the time. It contributed a great deal to our loss of control in the first half against Wigan. When CBR came on towards the end of the Reading match we saw a few more hoofballs up to him - which supports the idea that this was a deliberate Potter ploy in both the Wigan and Reading games.

When Potter brought CBR on at Reading, I assume it was because we had needed an out ball for at least 15-20 minutes as we'd been pinned back on our own 18 yard line and were under the cosh particularly after they'd scored one and were pushing hard for a second. Personally, I'd have used someone with more pace and maybe tried to push their defence back 15-20 yards to give us a bit more breathing space but CBR put himself about and did what was asked of him and gave our defenders someone to aim for. Don't think it was a Pulis-ball type of Plan B, just what was needed under the circumstances, although about 15 minutes late IMO.
McBurnie on 16:06 - Jan 4 with 3254 viewsjasper_T

Accurate long passes into forwards/wingers is one of the strengths of his game. Potter said post-match the aim was to use Cian's range to get Dan on the front foot down that side.

He can look a bit agricultural at times but there's quality there, as last season's successes in the u23s will attest. Needs a run of games to see whether he can adapt & settle down. Took Joe until Leeds start playing his full game (carrying the ball out of defence with purpose etc.)
McBurnie on 16:22 - Jan 4 with 3230 viewswaynekerr55

The OP has had a mare; did he/she/gender neutral ever see Schecter play????

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

McBurnie on 12:27 - Jan 5 with 3016 viewsElmo

McBurnie on 16:06 - Jan 4 by jasper_T

Accurate long passes into forwards/wingers is one of the strengths of his game. Potter said post-match the aim was to use Cian's range to get Dan on the front foot down that side.

He can look a bit agricultural at times but there's quality there, as last season's successes in the u23s will attest. Needs a run of games to see whether he can adapt & settle down. Took Joe until Leeds start playing his full game (carrying the ball out of defence with purpose etc.)

Watched the 23's play couple of times last year. CH was the better CH on both occasions (vs JR) - initially I assumed he was the much talked about JR.

Be great to see him given a proper outing and flourish.
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie on 13:07 - Jan 5 with 2976 viewsBadlands

I wanted Cian to show up but he didn't really.
Having seen him play competently last season expected him to be more prominent this but he seems a long way short of the first team and I'd worry if he were needed as cover.
A loan out would be in his best interest IMO.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

McBurnie on 13:17 - Jan 5 with 2968 viewsThornburyswan

McBurnie on 13:07 - Jan 5 by Badlands

I wanted Cian to show up but he didn't really.
Having seen him play competently last season expected him to be more prominent this but he seems a long way short of the first team and I'd worry if he were needed as cover.
A loan out would be in his best interest IMO.

Jury very much still out but GP has not helped in that the only two league games he started CH (Villa away & Wigan home) we had the wrong shape/tactics forcing changes at HT where CH was the obvious sacrifice to go to a back 4 - won't have helped his confidence for his next start (possibly later today I guess) but he does need to be more assertive, was too passive for me in the two halves we've seen him in.
McBurnie on 15:02 - Jan 27 with 2723 viewsjackrmee

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/star-man-rapidly-beco

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

McBurnie on 16:10 - Jan 27 with 2587 viewshobo

McBurnie on 15:02 - Jan 27 by jackrmee

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/star-man-rapidly-beco

Even if we don't include his two well taken goals, I thought he was superb yesterday. As Potter said, it's easy to forget that this is his first full season!
McBurnie on 16:29 - Jan 27 with 2541 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 16:10 - Jan 27 by hobo

Even if we don't include his two well taken goals, I thought he was superb yesterday. As Potter said, it's easy to forget that this is his first full season!

Made his senior debut 5 years ago. He's a seasoned pro.
McBurnie on 17:48 - Jan 27 with 2417 viewsBadlands

Well done McBurnie, amazing he's scored so many this season ... but he still drives me to distraction with number of good chances he misses.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

McBurnie on 18:38 - Jan 27 with 2329 viewsjackrmee

McBurnie on 16:10 - Jan 27 by hobo

Yeah he runs himself into the ground. Just the player any club needs.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

McBurnie on 18:52 - Jan 27 with 2300 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 18:38 - Jan 27 by jackrmee

Yeah he runs himself into the ground. Just the player any club needs.

Tuesday a big test. They bullied him out of the game at theirs.
McBurnie on 20:04 - Jan 27 with 2163 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie on 18:52 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

CBR to start?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie on 21:06 - Jan 27 with 2084 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 20:04 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

CBR to start?

I expect so.
McBurnie on 00:20 - Jan 28 with 1922 viewsjackrmee

McBurnie on 20:04 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

CBR to start?

Na

McBurnie on 02:25 - Jan 28 with 1868 viewsPozuelosSideys

The worst CF the club has ever had?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

McBurnie on 07:57 - Jan 28 with 1797 viewsswan65split

IMHO ....he shouldn't have gone to Barnsley, in the end it was one of those decisions that cost us.
McBurnie on 08:28 - Jan 28 with 1752 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie on 07:57 - Jan 28 by swan65split

IMHO ....he shouldn't have gone to Barnsley, in the end it was one of those decisions that cost us.

I think going to Barsnley actually had the opposite effect, he proved to himself and us he can score at this level.
McBurnie on 08:47 - Jan 28 with 1732 viewsjackrmee

McBurnie on 08:28 - Jan 28 by 34dfgdf54

I think going to Barsnley actually had the opposite effect, he proved to himself and us he can score at this level.

But he's also deceptively skilful and strong, considering he's a skinny runt and he doesn't have the stopovers and flair of others. The heart on the kid is massive too. Very very good player. The worst OP I think I've seen.

McBurnie on 09:42 - Jan 28 with 1676 viewsswan65split

McBurnie on 08:28 - Jan 28 by 34dfgdf54

I can also agree with that,but to me last season he seemed the only one who showed any "heart" then we had an injury problem turn up! who nows what may have happened, never mind, keep them coming Oli. no socks.
McBurnie on 09:47 - Jan 28 with 1669 viewsFireboy2

McBurnie on 18:52 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

That was our second game,where the team got bullied

He has come on leaps and bounds since then

I expect him to bully them

And he isnt a seasoned pro its his first FULL season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024