Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread 23:45 - Dec 26 with 25741 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 20:30 - Dec 29 with 1467 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 18:06 - Dec 29 by union_jack

Play nice now boys!

Ian Walsh made another good point, one which baffles me hasn't been put right. Mc Bernie needs to be in the box when a ball from the flanks comes in. He's playing more a 10 position waiting for the ball to come out to him but that leaves no one in there to poach the goal. Routledge or Celina would be better in that position should it get cleared to the edge of the area.

Now this isn't rocket science so why don't they do it?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 18:08]

Because our manager hasn't got a Scoobie.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 20:36 - Dec 29 with 1450 viewsBadlands

Mulder - no command of his penalty area ... is this a coaching problem because it has been a common feature for a few seasons
Back 3
MVDH - excellent but din't stand a chance in the first half. Along with Routledge the only layer in the first half who looked like a he gave f***.

CVC - showed how high he can't jump ... very weak first half a little better in the second. His unnecessary clearance led to he penalty.
Harris - out of his depth as a CB alongside another inexperienced CB and no full back
2 Full backs / wing backs
James - several good runs and a couple of decent crosses. Disappointing final ball and weak in defensive duties.
Routledge - a few decent attacks, some good crossing, as a defender he to in the way and challenged (never a penalty). Along with Hoorn the only layer in the first half who looked like a he gave f***.
Naughton - steadied the defensive ship in the second half not least by being in back 4
Montero - caused havoc when he came on and when he had the ball ... until Byrne came on.
Midfield
Fulton - was he on the pitch
Grimes - noticed him when he went to full back
Celina - apparently he played in both halves., improved in the second
Routledge - central midfield in the second half, once again got in the way, challenged and got the ball moving quickly
Attack
CBR - we desperately need a striker in January
McBurnie - we desperately need a striker in January
Routledge - didn't have much impact in his stint at central forward attacker but kept defenders guessing and pushed the line forward.
Bony - didn't get into the game but did give defenders something to think about.

A word on corners ... or back passes as we should refer to most of them. When Hoorn took a step back to make space to attack the ball we scored via an own goal caused by the pressure and by Hoorn getting to the ball - simple and effective.

Officials were a disgrace (the Ref has form) a lino giving an off-side from a throw, waiting for the ref to indicate a throw and corners, hand ball ignored on 4 occasions, lack of cards for some bad fouls and ones that stopped clear routes to goal, At least two Wigan players should have gone for 2 yellow another with Mike Van Der Hoorn for handbags.
Lucky to get a point today ... I hope Potter has learned a lesson.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 20:44 - Dec 29 with 1444 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 20:22 - Dec 29 by 34dfgdf54

We messed up a big chance to stay in touching distance.

Hull look a good outfit, surprised they struggled early on.

I honestly believe there's no intention to go straight back up. As bonkers f*cking mental as it seems. The Americans have lost interest .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 20:57 - Dec 29 with 1410 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 20:44 - Dec 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I honestly believe there's no intention to go straight back up. As bonkers f*cking mental as it seems. The Americans have lost interest .

Agree
The Americans have lost interest big time... so will try anything to recoup their losses.

We've a manager that hasn't got a f*cking clue.

Wr are truly F*CKED !!!!!!!!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 22:55 - Dec 29 with 1272 viewsdickythorpe

file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/bf7b6e788132ef9fd2782d2e4959a9c9.jpg
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 23:05 - Dec 29 with 1263 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 22:55 - Dec 29 by dickythorpe

file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/bf7b6e788132ef9fd2782d2e4959a9c9.jpg

Mad skillz, bruv!
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 23:36 - Dec 29 with 1206 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 23:05 - Dec 29 by WarwickHunt

Mad skillz, bruv!

I'm Fecking howling
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 23:44 - Dec 29 with 1190 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 23:05 - Dec 29 by WarwickHunt

Mad skillz, bruv!

I was going to go to bed but the evening has taken an unexpected turn. Goooooooo Dicky!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 00:11 - Dec 30 with 1159 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 20:44 - Dec 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Potter, the Americans and board all said at the time Potter was appointed this would be a project to return to playing the 'Swansea way' and not a quick fix.

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 10:10 - Dec 30 with 1003 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 00:11 - Dec 30 by Badlands

Potter, the Americans and board all said at the time Potter was appointed this would be a project to return to playing the 'Swansea way' and not a quick fix.

Didn't see Gonzo's programme notes I take it?

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 10:22 - Dec 30 with 987 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 10:10 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Didn't see Gonzo's programme notes I take it?

Why let the facts get in the way Bryn?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 12:17 - Dec 30 with 923 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 20:22 - Dec 29 by 34dfgdf54

We messed up a big chance to stay in touching distance.

Hull look a good outfit, surprised they struggled early on.

Bet Hull supporters hoping that Bowen doesn’t get sold during the window!
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 13:19 - Dec 30 with 889 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 12:17 - Dec 30 by airedale

Bet Hull supporters hoping that Bowen doesn’t get sold during the window!

He gave the Leeds fans some sh*t when he scored yesterday, got the feeling he wasn’t keen on them, but money talks I suppose.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 13:38 - Dec 30 with 877 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 13:19 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

He gave the Leeds fans some sh*t when he scored yesterday, got the feeling he wasn’t keen on them, but money talks I suppose.

Why would that stop Everton making their approach?
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 14:25 - Dec 30 with 843 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 13:38 - Dec 30 by jasper_T

Why would that stop Everton making their approach?

I’ve only seen Leeds are after him.

Very good player though, him and Grosicki were unfortunately levels above against us.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 14:48 - Dec 30 with 830 viewsjasper_T

Watching the game back. 15 minutes in.

McBurnie's the biggest square peg in the system. He's playing in the right channel but can't contribute at all. Whole team drifts to that side to compensate and close spaces and so we end up with Dan James trying to make tackles alongside Grimes in central midfield.

Fulton doesn't even qualify as a peg apart from a very late shoulder charge that could have been a booking.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 15:10 - Dec 30 with 815 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 14:25 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

I’ve only seen Leeds are after him.

Very good player though, him and Grosicki were unfortunately levels above against us.

Everton and Spurs in the papers.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 17:55 - Dec 30 with 712 viewsjasper_T

Their Naismith knows he's no footballer after that second half.

Gripping stuff even on second viewing.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 18:12 - Dec 30 with 694 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 14:48 - Dec 30 by jasper_T

Watching the game back. 15 minutes in.

McBurnie's the biggest square peg in the system. He's playing in the right channel but can't contribute at all. Whole team drifts to that side to compensate and close spaces and so we end up with Dan James trying to make tackles alongside Grimes in central midfield.

Fulton doesn't even qualify as a peg apart from a very late shoulder charge that could have been a booking.

Have to agree - we looked more balanced when Rutledge went to CF and McBurnie went somewhere else.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024