Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread 23:45 - Dec 26 with 25739 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 10:44 - Dec 27 with 5254 viewspencoedjack

Thanks, JH (as always)

3 nil Swans
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 10:51 - Dec 27 with 5267 viewsLoyal

Could this be the avalanche of goals we have threatened all season ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 12:05 - Dec 27 with 5227 viewsAndy1300

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 10:51 - Dec 27 by Loyal

Doubtful, we don't know how to score in games that we should batter teams

Number 1 team in Wales

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 12:50 - Dec 27 with 5198 viewslonglostjack

4-0 to the Swans.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 13:03 - Dec 27 with 5186 viewsjasper_T

The last time we drew a game was against Wigan back at the start of October, a dire 0-0 where Tom Carroll was our star man and Grimes had a shocker when he moved to centre mid to replace him.

We've only failed to score in the 13 games since then twice (both Villa fixtures).

We've only kept two clean sheets since then (Reading and Bolton).

They've lost their last 4 games and haven't scored a goal since the 1st of this month.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 13:14 - Dec 27 with 5152 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 10:51 - Dec 27 by Loyal

So hope you are right, but I wouldn't go bookmarking it.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 13:17 - Dec 27 with 5151 viewsBadlands

Wigan's defence isn't as bad as their position suggests indicating to me a 0 - 0 draw.
We can't score and I'm sick of McBurnie receiving the ball with head down, not knowing where defenders are, taking a hope skip and jump to sort his legs out before the mandatory three touches before being in a position to shoot. And that's when he is in a position you'd expect from a striker.
We need to start with Dyer and Rutledge and bring James and Montero on later in the game to stand much chance of taking 3 points IMO.
I watched the shooting practice before kick off yesterday was educational - even with no defenders in front of them and having the ball teed up perfectly only 2 shots in 5 was on target!
Some players will be tired and others fed up so what team can Potter put out?
One thing of sure is it will have a few changes some for fatigue, some for 'niggling' injuries. As I see it his main problems are that no one who is playing poorly has a natural replacement and the forwards can't score.

Mulder
Naughton MVdHoorn CVC Grimes
Dyer Fer Fulton Routledge
Celina
Bony
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 13:17]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 13:27 - Dec 27 with 5156 viewsjasper_T

Mulder
Roberts vdH CCV Naughton
Fer Grimes
Routledge McKay James
McBurnie
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 15:33 - Dec 27 with 5039 viewsAl_Bundy

Wonder if our dull and abysmal defence who can't win an aerial challenge for toffee actually turn up this time of will it be more the same !?

Wonder if our triangle cheese passing in midfield creating very little of note actually find any sort of killer pass.

Wonder if our Scottish marauding Mel Gibson striker will actually position himself where he can get sight of goal and the glove wearing made of glass Bony breaks into a trot.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 15:51 - Dec 27 with 5037 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 13:03 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

The last time we drew a game was against Wigan back at the start of October, a dire 0-0 where Tom Carroll was our star man and Grimes had a shocker when he moved to centre mid to replace him.

We've only failed to score in the 13 games since then twice (both Villa fixtures).

We've only kept two clean sheets since then (Reading and Bolton).

They've lost their last 4 games and haven't scored a goal since the 1st of this month.

4-0 Wigan then.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 16:30 - Dec 27 with 5020 viewsWhiterockin

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 13:17 - Dec 27 by Badlands

Wigan's defence isn't as bad as their position suggests indicating to me a 0 - 0 draw.
We can't score and I'm sick of McBurnie receiving the ball with head down, not knowing where defenders are, taking a hope skip and jump to sort his legs out before the mandatory three touches before being in a position to shoot. And that's when he is in a position you'd expect from a striker.
We need to start with Dyer and Rutledge and bring James and Montero on later in the game to stand much chance of taking 3 points IMO.
I watched the shooting practice before kick off yesterday was educational - even with no defenders in front of them and having the ball teed up perfectly only 2 shots in 5 was on target!
Some players will be tired and others fed up so what team can Potter put out?
One thing of sure is it will have a few changes some for fatigue, some for 'niggling' injuries. As I see it his main problems are that no one who is playing poorly has a natural replacement and the forwards can't score.

Mulder
Naughton MVdHoorn CVC Grimes
Dyer Fer Fulton Routledge
Celina
Bony
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 13:17]

Fer, Fulton and Bony should be nowhere near the starting line up. Grimes for me is arguably our best midfielder on current form and would be wasted as full back.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 16:51 - Dec 27 with 4970 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 15:33 - Dec 27 by Al_Bundy

Wonder if our dull and abysmal defence who can't win an aerial challenge for toffee actually turn up this time of will it be more the same !?

Wonder if our triangle cheese passing in midfield creating very little of note actually find any sort of killer pass.

Wonder if our Scottish marauding Mel Gibson striker will actually position himself where he can get sight of goal and the glove wearing made of glass Bony breaks into a trot.

Only three teams with a better defensive record than us in this league!
Norwich, WBA & Sheff Utd have all conceded more and are top 3rd, 4th & 5th!

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 16:54 - Dec 27 with 4966 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 16:30 - Dec 27 by Whiterockin

Fer, Fulton and Bony should be nowhere near the starting line up. Grimes for me is arguably our best midfielder on current form and would be wasted as full back.

OK, play Grimes in midfield (where I agree he performs best) but then who partners him and who plays left back? John??????
Naughton has to be right back IMO and Roberts needs time out.

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 27 with 4951 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 15:33 - Dec 27 by Al_Bundy

I wonder if our fans wil turn up and support the team.Despite it being a full house it was like a morgue there on Wednesday........a few chants at the opposition fans but very little vocal support for the team even during our good spells in the first half.......seems there are more plastics around now than when we were in the PL

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 17:41 - Dec 27 with 4931 viewslifelong

Is this game on the red button?
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 18:01 - Dec 27 with 4924 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 16:30 - Dec 27 by Whiterockin

A little unfair on Jay Fulton there, earlier in the season we played some of our best football with him in MF. Much rather him over "Lazy Leroy".

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 19:12 - Dec 27 with 4864 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 17:41 - Dec 27 by lifelong

Is this game on the red button?

on a Saturday ,nahhhhhhh

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 19:45 - Dec 27 with 4842 viewsplasjack

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 19:12 - Dec 27 by Oldjack

on a Saturday ,nahhhhhhh

Spot on Oldjack, only midweek games on the red button, Saturday 3pm due to rules.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 19:46 - Dec 27 with 4841 viewslegoman

Swans actually scoring goals in the actual net? Fair play, made me laugh that one.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 20:53 - Dec 27 with 4783 viewsplasjack

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 19:45 - Dec 27 by plasjack

Spot on Oldjack, only midweek games on the red button, Saturday 3pm due to rules.

This rule was made in the 1960s by football league chairmen fearing it would affect attendances.
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 21:04 - Dec 27 with 4771 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 19:45 - Dec 27 by plasjack

So, will the Reading game be on said red button then?
The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 23:00 - Dec 27 with 4693 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 21:04 - Dec 27 by airedale

So, will the Reading game be on said red button then?

Yes because it is not on a Saturday between 2.45pm and 5.15pm.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 23:29 - Dec 27 with 4676 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 27 by vetchonian

I wonder if our fans wil turn up and support the team.Despite it being a full house it was like a morgue there on Wednesday........a few chants at the opposition fans but very little vocal support for the team even during our good spells in the first half.......seems there are more plastics around now than when we were in the PL

The Left part of The East, in fairness, were singing. As for the rest of the ground it's quiet, like a morgue. Sing ffs, get behind your team.
As for the people leaving after 80 odd minutes, I find it quite pathetic.
We are one down, on the attach, winning corners, getting a penalty, and people are walking out of the ground. Hundreds of them. Wtf is going on with these people?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 04:27 - Dec 28 with 4584 viewsLoyal

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 23:29 - Dec 27 by builthjack

The Left part of The East, in fairness, were singing. As for the rest of the ground it's quiet, like a morgue. Sing ffs, get behind your team.
We are one down, on the attach, winning corners, getting a penalty, and people are walking out of the ground. Hundreds of them. Wtf is going on with these people?

There are the fckrs who won't be at the liberty on Saturday.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 09:07 - Dec 28 with 4488 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City v Wigan Athletic Match Thread on 23:29 - Dec 27 by builthjack

Without wishing to go all Fathy, I've never been able to work out why so many people leave when a game is finely balanced. But then some round me spend more time on the concourse than in the ground, so maybe they don't really give a monkeys and just want to get pissed. Seems a waste of a ticket.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024