Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I watched your game yesterday 11:21 - Dec 27 with 4318 viewsBlue_Blood

I know you all don't give a feck what I think and I'll probably be showered with abuse, but I'll post anyway.

Firstly I think Potter is the right man for the job and if the board and the fans stick with him he'll almost certainly get it right and you'll be knocking on the door again soon enough.

I think the job that Potter is doing has some parallels with what Daniel Farke was doing at Norwich last season. Norwich looked good in spells last season but were unable to sustain it for 90 minutes and were too easy to undo.

I've watched you a few times this season including the Norwich game and what struck me is how little teams have to work to score against you.

At times it looks too easy for you. You dominated the first half yesterday with your passing and movement but what you don't seem to be able to do is change the tempo at all.

I thought Grimes was good yesterday but I'm not sure what Fulton and Fer brought alongside him.

Fer looked brilliant against Leeds but every time I've watched him since I don't know what he's doing. The one thing he brought to the Leeds performance was a bit of energy and power but now he just looks to be cruising.

It was always gonna be difficult with so much inexperience in your first season back in the championship but I do believe that Potter will bring in players that fit his style both on amd off the pitch and it's just a matter of patience.

I watched your game yesterday on 13:05 - Dec 28 with 691 viewsLoyal

I watched your game yesterday on 12:49 - Dec 28 by valleyboy

But how many of those young players taken from around Cardiff have come through to play League Football???

Perhaps Cardiff did the right thing and let them go to wherever

Well, we won't know for a few years, our academy production and structure is head and shoulders above Cardiff.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I watched your game yesterday on 13:13 - Dec 28 with 682 viewsjasper_T

I watched your game yesterday on 12:49 - Dec 28 by valleyboy

But how many of those young players taken from around Cardiff have come through to play League Football???

Perhaps Cardiff did the right thing and let them go to wherever

Liam Shephard playing at Forest Green.
I watched your game yesterday on 13:44 - Dec 28 with 641 viewsvalleyboy

I watched your game yesterday on 13:13 - Dec 28 by jasper_T

Liam Shephard playing at Forest Green.

I wouldn’t say that is a big success story
I watched your game yesterday on 13:55 - Dec 28 with 625 viewsvalleyboy

I watched your game yesterday on 13:05 - Dec 28 by Loyal

Well, we won't know for a few years, our academy production and structure is head and shoulders above Cardiff.

I think you will find that big changes are happening in Cardiff, especially that they have had the go ahead for new training/Accadamy facilities
I watched your game yesterday on 14:27 - Dec 28 with 610 viewsjasper_T

I watched your game yesterday on 13:44 - Dec 28 by valleyboy

I wouldn’t say that is a big success story

Neither would I but he's "come through to play League football".

Think he was released by Cardiff rather than us poaching him, though.
I watched your game yesterday on 16:36 - Dec 28 with 559 viewsBlue_Blood

I watched your game yesterday on 13:55 - Dec 28 by valleyboy

I think you will find that big changes are happening in Cardiff, especially that they have had the go ahead for new training/Accadamy facilities

I'm not sure. I believe Cardiff have been much stronger when it comes to scouting and recruitment at younger ages whereas Swansea seem to get more out of the players they have.

I don't know why it is ( and it's certainly not because Cardiff have recruited bigger and faster players) but at the young ages Cardiff tend to batter Swansea (historically) but Cardiff seem to hit a wall at say 13/14 when it starts to matter.

Your output especially this season and bringing players like Ben Davies and Joe Allen etc through has obviously been much better.

I can site a number of reasons for that, one being that we've squandered money and lived beyond our means under Tan, Ridsdale and Hamman (though we did bring players through under Hamman.

Secondly and maybe a bigger reason is that you have a recognised style of play (though you lost your way recently) so you can identify a player that fits straight into that system whereas we could spend 10 years developing a player to play possession based football then when he gets to 18/19 Neil Warnock is the manager!

Apparently a lad James Waite is knocking on the door at the moment but I honestly can't think of any player less suited to how we currently play!
I watched your game yesterday on 16:38 - Dec 28 with 554 viewsBlue_Blood

I watched your game yesterday on 14:27 - Dec 28 by jasper_T

Neither would I but he's "come through to play League football".

Think he was released by Cardiff rather than us poaching him, though.

While browsing this forum I've noticed that you seem to be the go to man when it comes to the academy. What do you think of Dan Williams in your u18 squad?
I've watched him a few times and I've been quite impressed.
I watched your game yesterday on 17:32 - Dec 28 with 532 viewsjasper_T

I watched your game yesterday on 16:38 - Dec 28 by Blue_Blood

While browsing this forum I've noticed that you seem to be the go to man when it comes to the academy. What do you think of Dan Williams in your u18 squad?
I've watched him a few times and I've been quite impressed.

Bit too Hollywood with his passing for my tastes, but technically he's a step above most of ours at U18s level so maybe he's just a bit bored (and sick of losing).

Looked small and timid on his first start for the U23s, but it's a big step up and the game was reffed like a rugby match. Toshack and Richards pretty patient with easing smaller players in (for good or ill).

Should be one of those we retain next season when all the Scots clear out of his way. Price, Dulca and De Boer haven't torn up any trees so could push on pretty quickly once he adapts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024