Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? 16:48 - Dec 27 with 2368 viewsLoyal

One of the lads said on Saturday at this level Roger wouldn't have been as good. I disagreed, however we have always had very decent keepers, is Mulder in there ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 17:08 - Dec 27 with 1921 viewsWhiterockin

The role of the keeper has changed over the years so its unfair to compare. Rog was brilliant in his day but I'm not sure he could play the role of the modern sweeper/keeper.
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 17:08 - Dec 27 with 1919 viewsHumpty

How many goals has Mulder scored?

Case closed.
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 17:10 - Dec 27 with 1913 viewsgiantstoneater

Could teach Wilf a thing or two about taking pens.
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 17:18 - Dec 27 with 1891 viewsswancity

Freestone was a very good lower league keeper who found the change in the back pass law a difficult challenge as he was uncomfortable in possession with a poor range of passing with accuracy a problem. In the modern game a defensive strategy relies even more heavily on good football skills for a keeper. Freestones overall ability would put him at League One level now with the possibility of Championship football but it’s hard to say isn’t it.

Mulder looks decent although unconvincing.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:02 - Dec 27 with 1740 viewsKilkennyjack

Only Fab and Vorm have been better than Roger.

Beware of the Risen People

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:12 - Dec 27 with 1717 viewsswancity

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:02 - Dec 27 by Kilkennyjack

Only Fab and Vorm have been better than Roger.

It’s only my opinion but I’d add Jimmy Rimmer De Vries Dai Davies Tony Millington Dwyer and Jon King to those two as well as Dave Stewart

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:26 - Dec 27 with 1689 viewsLoyal

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:12 - Dec 27 by swancity

It’s only my opinion but I’d add Jimmy Rimmer De Vries Dai Davies Tony Millington Dwyer and Jon King to those two as well as Dave Stewart

Jon king ? ( Without cheating and looking him up )

Mike Hughes anyone ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:29 - Dec 27 with 1683 viewsKilkennyjack

I only go back to Millington.

Yes Dave Stewart was good for a couple of seasons.
Rog was good for a decade.

Are you sure about Dai Davies ?
I thought Rog was a far better keeper.

Login to get fewer ads

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:32 - Dec 27 with 1675 viewsLoyal

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:29 - Dec 27 by Kilkennyjack

True story, an uncle of mine and a friend saw Dai Davies in town around 1981. My uncles mate asked him in a piss taking way why he was called Dai the drop. He punched him on the chin and he went on his arse. Dai said ' that's why, they drop' and casually walked away. For me he reaches a memorable level just for that. My uncles mate was a prick.

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:34 - Dec 27 with 1674 viewsswancity

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:29 - Dec 27 by Kilkennyjack

Length of service wasn’t the issue. How good were these keepers? Freestone was long serving and popular but limited. He wasn’t up to it at the top levels for various reasons. Despite being very good on Divs 3 and 4.

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 21:07 - Dec 27 with 1578 viewspencoedjack

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:26 - Dec 27 by Loyal

Jon king ? ( Without cheating and looking him up )

Mike Hughes anyone ?

Mike Hughes great keeper didn’t make many appearances though?

Fab the best I’ve seen
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 21:14 - Dec 27 with 1563 viewsNeathJack

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 17:18 - Dec 27 by swancity

Freestone was a very good lower league keeper who found the change in the back pass law a difficult challenge as he was uncomfortable in possession with a poor range of passing with accuracy a problem. In the modern game a defensive strategy relies even more heavily on good football skills for a keeper. Freestones overall ability would put him at League One level now with the possibility of Championship football but it’s hard to say isn’t it.

Mulder looks decent although unconvincing.

Not really a fair comparison given that goalkeepers these days have been brought up on the backpass rule whereas Rog was from a different era.
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 01:59 - Dec 28 with 1415 viewsjackrmee

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 21:07 - Dec 27 by pencoedjack

Mike Hughes great keeper didn’t make many appearances though?

Fab the best I’ve seen

Vorm the best for me

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 02:31 - Dec 28 with 1399 viewsTaliesin

Fab / Vorm / Freestone in that order.

I'd love to see our keeper command his box as well as Rog

Honourable mention to Mike Hughes. Could have been great

Dai Davies, don't make me 'kin laugh. He was, to coin a phrase utter, utter, shite
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 04:25 - Dec 28 with 1382 viewsLoyal

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 19:34 - Dec 27 by swancity

Length of service wasn’t the issue. How good were these keepers? Freestone was long serving and popular but limited. He wasn’t up to it at the top levels for various reasons. Despite being very good on Divs 3 and 4.

The main reason being he stayed at the club when it was on its arse and turned down a move to man city, and donated his months wages to the swans cause v Petty. IMO he was more than capable but his loyalty for me got in the way. Didn't make him a great keeper though ( he was ) but players like Rog are very few and far between.

For me he was definitely in the Defries category, maybe Vorm, Fabianski is the best keeper I've seen at Swansea by far mind.

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 09:31 - Dec 28 with 1286 viewsItchySphincter

Freestone was a brilliant shot stopper, hard as nails and as brave as a lion, at his level. Comparing him to modern keepers is like comparing apples and oranges. Vorm by far the best we've had.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 13:11]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 09:38 - Dec 28 with 1275 viewsMuteswan

Dilwyn was better than Yashin. Everyone over a certain age knows that. 😁
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 10:04 - Dec 28 with 1248 viewsWandererJack

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 09:31 - Dec 28 by ItchySphincter

Freestone was a brilliant shot stopper, hard as nails and as brave as a lion, at his level. Comparing him to modern keepers is like comparing apples and oranges. Vorm by far the best we've had.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 13:11]

Game of opinions but Fabianski easily better for me. Vorm’s debut season was awesome but Fabianski was stellar the whole time he was here.
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 10:24 - Dec 28 with 1226 viewsKilkennyjack

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 10:04 - Dec 28 by WandererJack

Game of opinions but Fabianski easily better for me. Vorm’s debut season was awesome but Fabianski was stellar the whole time he was here.

Fab is way better than Vorm - agreed.

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 10:25 - Dec 28 with 1225 views34dfgdf54

At one time Roger was known by many as the best keeper outside of the Premier League. As others are saying it’s a different era now but for me he’s a lot better than any keeper we have at the club at present.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 11:32]
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 12:53 - Dec 28 with 1153 viewsvalleyboy

Dai Davies

That must be a joke

If the Swans had a decent keeper in that first season in First Division, there would have been more than a possibility that Swansea could have won the league that season
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 13:14 - Dec 28 with 1119 viewsjasper_T

Vorm was nowhere near Fabianski.
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 13:57 - Dec 28 with 1097 viewsvalleyboy

How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 13:14 - Dec 28 by jasper_T

Vorm was nowhere near Fabianski.

Totally agree on that one

I would put him down as the best keeper I have seen in Swansea
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 14:44 - Dec 28 with 1075 viewsoldcob

Twas always Noel Dwyer for me. East Germans considered him world no 1.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 9:36]
How good is Mulder compared to Rog ? on 15:57 - Dec 28 with 1016 viewsBadlands

Tremmel too.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024