Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? 03:10 - Dec 28 with 3898 viewsomarjack

Or would you be disappointed if the club's ambition doesn't go higher than that? (play offs/promotion)

Personally, I'm starting to accept the fact, I've moved on from our PL days, we're a championship club now, like Nottingham Forest and Sheff Wed etc..at least I hope we won't look back one day from League One at our current times and say "ah..the good ol' post PL relegation championship days"

[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 3:14]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 16:28 - Dec 28 with 874 viewsAnotherJohn

I think it will be a while before we return to the Premiership. I agree with the earlier poster who said that the best chance comes before the parachute payments dry up. There was an obvious need to cut costs and rationalise, and that is what we have done. So far I do not see much evidence of rebuilding. Celina is probably the one promising - if inconsistent - new signing. I would not call coping by using the u23s rebuilding. Several have done very well at this level, but I am not convinced they will develop into EPL players. For all that, I shall be there on Saturday and hoping that I am wrong to be so gloomy. Oh for new and committed owners!
Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 16:35 - Dec 28 with 866 viewsBadlands

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 16:28 - Dec 28 by AnotherJohn

I think it will be a while before we return to the Premiership. I agree with the earlier poster who said that the best chance comes before the parachute payments dry up. There was an obvious need to cut costs and rationalise, and that is what we have done. So far I do not see much evidence of rebuilding. Celina is probably the one promising - if inconsistent - new signing. I would not call coping by using the u23s rebuilding. Several have done very well at this level, but I am not convinced they will develop into EPL players. For all that, I shall be there on Saturday and hoping that I am wrong to be so gloomy. Oh for new and committed owners!

Agreed with almost all you wrote.
But we are owned by a board representing individuals, fans and an American consortium .. the Yanks don't own the club.
I and may other think they have handled the club well. Not as we would like but they were never going to be sugar daddies and always spoke about sustainable long term development.
They have done wha they sad they would.
We could so easily be in the position we were in the early 80s when there was no financial responsibility when we fell out of the old First Division.
I want to see us win playing enjoyable football if that's against Millwall or Manchester United makes no difference.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 16:42 - Dec 28 with 859 viewsTWGL

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 12:48 - Dec 28 by jackrmee

You think Potter is bordering on rubbish?

How about our young players?
What about our passing football?
Our ground?

Potter has a free pass this season.

Some of the young players are not yet cute enough for the underhand dark arts of the Championship.

The ground... it’s ok but there are much better grounds in the division really..
Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 16:48 - Dec 28 with 849 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If we are still in the Championship when the Americans move on that will be a good result IMO.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 16:50 - Dec 28 with 846 viewsjacksfullaces

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 16:48 - Dec 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

If we are still in the Championship when the Americans move on that will be a good result IMO.

yep, sense a sustained period of rebuilding is unlikely to be part of their plans one way or another.
Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 17:36 - Dec 28 with 816 views34dfgdf54

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 16:48 - Dec 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yeah I’d agree with that.

My opinion could change in summer but I somehow doubt it.
Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 18:36 - Dec 28 with 787 viewsjohnlangy

I'm as frustrated as any of you about the team's inability to capitalise on the lovely football being played by scoring more goals.

But i'm excited at the prospect of Graham Potter knowing far better than we do what's needed and who he can get in to fill those roles.

Imagine the lovely football played at Hull but with the Swans being 2 or 3-0 up before half time. The same for the Rotherham game and others.

2/3/4 of the right players in with some others being moved out will make a hell of a difference. It's up to GP to get it right in Jan and the summer. How much the Club will allow him to spend is another question.
Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 19:12 - Dec 28 with 763 viewsBadlands

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 15:58 - Dec 28 by jacksfullaces

what do you think their ambitions were when we were in the premier league?

and can that be used to inform what their ambitions might be now?

Or do you think they are still working them out whilst they return us to ground zero?

perhaps it might be reasonable to assume at that point their ambition may then be to simply maintain a low cost ship?

by the number of questions I ask, you will see I don't have the answers, but I don't fell the owners do either as it goes.

They spent more than we brought in and that was a whopping £86 million last season.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 19:29 - Dec 28 with 755 viewsjacksfullaces

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 19:12 - Dec 28 by Badlands

They spent more than we brought in and that was a whopping £86 million last season.

guess that's with the insurance of TV revenues, speculate to accumulate.

a long haul approach, as of interest to their investors.
Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 06:04 - Dec 29 with 688 viewsbuilthjack

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 12:42 - Dec 28 by swancity

Look at the wider issues. The Club is in decline.

Since relegation a profit of over £30m yes £30m has been made in the transfer market and alongside parachute payments that means a massive increase to the bank balance. That money wasn’t reinvested in team strengthening unlike other relegated Clubs WBA and Stoke who are at least showing ambition

The supporters have accepted mediocrity. The previous owners have shown their true colours and I hope that eventually their actions are challenged legally. The Club is drifting towards mediocrity and will sink ultimately into League One or Two following other once proud Clubs like Coventry Portsmouth and Sunderland. Only then will the penny really drop and people will realise that the club has been shafted again.

But meanwhile we can all sit back and accept what is bordering on rubbish.

I think that the majority of supporters know we have been shafted

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 11:38 - Dec 29 with 637 viewsjackrabbit

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 12:02 - Dec 28 by monmouth

This season? Yes. As anything other than a very short term fix and retrenchment, absolutely not.

Totally agree. Why stay in this league of half-full grounds where you can't even find a match report on a Sunday or a stream on a Saturday! Why be happy to be second-class, ignored by the commentariat, absent from Match of the Day, stuck away on some half-arsed highlights program on Quest TV - who? Never again to experience the joy of sticking it to one of the Big Boys - on their own patch as well. Having to forgo visiting the powerhouses of the game, Etihad, Emirates, Anfield and the rest. Missing out on the buzz of having Man Utd visiting. Let's just know our place - we're li'l ole Swansea who've spent nearly all their existence in the lower leagues. Why change now? Trouble is we've been spoilt by the last 7 years. It'll never be the same again.
Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 11:45 - Dec 29 with 632 viewsjeza739

Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 11:38 - Dec 29 by jackrabbit

Totally agree. Why stay in this league of half-full grounds where you can't even find a match report on a Sunday or a stream on a Saturday! Why be happy to be second-class, ignored by the commentariat, absent from Match of the Day, stuck away on some half-arsed highlights program on Quest TV - who? Never again to experience the joy of sticking it to one of the Big Boys - on their own patch as well. Having to forgo visiting the powerhouses of the game, Etihad, Emirates, Anfield and the rest. Missing out on the buzz of having Man Utd visiting. Let's just know our place - we're li'l ole Swansea who've spent nearly all their existence in the lower leagues. Why change now? Trouble is we've been spoilt by the last 7 years. It'll never be the same again.

Cant disagree. However far more important to me at present, way more than returning to PL is getting rid of them from across the pond and the vermin that sold out to them.
Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 15:19 - Dec 29 with 595 viewsowainglyndwr

We won't even stay in this league let alone finish mid table with the continuing losses
Would you be satisfied with mid table Championship stability? on 15:38 - Dec 29 with 586 viewsdickythorpe

I can hear booing on radio Wales..... That's all we can do isn't it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024