Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most toxic fans in the EFL? 09:30 - Dec 28 with 5685 viewsSwansIndependent

The most toxic fans in the EFL? 28th Dec 2018 09:29
We are toxic! You, me, the people in your row, your section, your stand — every single one of us. One mistake and we rip into the players like lions on a gazelle. I’ve grown accustomed to the man behind me swearing at our defence and shouting ‘piece of shit…couldn’t hit a barn door…couldn’t score in a brothel’ — and that bothers me. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 09:44 - Dec 28 with 3814 viewsLeonWasGod

Nah. Go and spend time in other home sections, or on other team's message boards and you'll quickly find we're no different to anyone else. There is a lot of anger around, but it's not unique to us.
The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 09:47 - Dec 28 with 3800 viewspencoedjack

Complete & utter nonsense.

I think Naughton, Carroll & Dyer are awful players but I never slate them during 90 mins.
The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 09:57 - Dec 28 with 3772 viewsWandererJack

With respect, that piece is a load of crap.
The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:20 - Dec 28 with 3724 viewsKilkennyjack

Load of old bollox.

We are pretty much like the other clubs.

Beware of the Risen People

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:30 - Dec 28 with 3687 viewsMrSwerve

Sounds very T2C-esque

Bizarre article. Yes a lot of our fans go OTT moaning at players but that’s the same at every club in the UK. It was just as bad at the Vetch.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:42 - Dec 28 with 3647 viewsCooperman

It most certainly was not any different at The Vetch. The difference between then and now is that we’ve got 10,000 fans at each game who have only seen an upward trajectory.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:52 - Dec 28 with 3616 viewsChief

I actually think the OP has a point, but I think it is understandable we must one of the most frustrating teams to watch in the league. If we were shit and actually really shit, it wouldn't be so bad, but it's the chance after chance being missed, then the lack of urgency to get back at teams, the side ways passing when theres scope to go forward. The physical weakness of our squad, these are not new things.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:54 - Dec 28 with 3611 viewsChief

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:52 - Dec 28 by Chief

I actually think the OP has a point, but I think it is understandable we must one of the most frustrating teams to watch in the league. If we were shit and actually really shit, it wouldn't be so bad, but it's the chance after chance being missed, then the lack of urgency to get back at teams, the side ways passing when theres scope to go forward. The physical weakness of our squad, these are not new things.

Having said that, I'd love for our support to be like that of more teams abroad, I know I won't get much support for this is on sleepy planetswans posters but I'd love the flares, the tifos, the drums, the safe standing, noise all match, every match. Plus we have a west stand incapable of creating any atmosphere unfortunately.

Login to get fewer ads

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:58 - Dec 28 with 3597 viewsChief

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:54 - Dec 28 by Chief

Having said that, I'd love for our support to be like that of more teams abroad, I know I won't get much support for this is on sleepy planetswans posters but I'd love the flares, the tifos, the drums, the safe standing, noise all match, every match. Plus we have a west stand incapable of creating any atmosphere unfortunately.

Somehow I'd love to get as many of our fans as possible to get together and say right, even if we concede and concede again, we are going to make as much noise as possible and get behind the team all this game. Even just for one game to try it out. To make a concerted, conscious effort to do so. I know plenty already do.

Even if we lose the actually game, I guarantee everyone there would enjoy the game more and the players would be fired up more. It would catch on.

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:03 - Dec 28 with 3585 viewspencoedjack

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:58 - Dec 28 by Chief

Somehow I'd love to get as many of our fans as possible to get together and say right, even if we concede and concede again, we are going to make as much noise as possible and get behind the team all this game. Even just for one game to try it out. To make a concerted, conscious effort to do so. I know plenty already do.

Even if we lose the actually game, I guarantee everyone there would enjoy the game more and the players would be fired up more. It would catch on.

Great post
The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:24 - Dec 28 with 3512 viewsLoyal

Palace the closest in this country but they are few.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:36 - Dec 28 with 3497 viewscontroversial_jack

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 09:44 - Dec 28 by LeonWasGod

Nah. Go and spend time in other home sections, or on other team's message boards and you'll quickly find we're no different to anyone else. There is a lot of anger around, but it's not unique to us.

I disagree, we are the worst by a long way. This board is horrendous on times
The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:40 - Dec 28 with 3481 viewsLoyal

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:36 - Dec 28 by controversial_jack

I disagree, we are the worst by a long way. This board is horrendous on times

Please review a Sunderland board at your leisure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:45 - Dec 28 with 3467 viewslifelong

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:54 - Dec 28 by Chief

You think we should be taking flares to a football match?
The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:51 - Dec 28 with 3446 viewsjackrmee

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 10:52 - Dec 28 by Chief

I agree with that story 100%
Constant moaning and slagging players. Each time I go to the ground I cringe at the stuff people around me are saying. Same goes for this site. Always doom and gloom. Always slagging players.
Pathetic bunch of old men.
It makes me ashamed to be a Swans fan sometimes.
And I certainly wouldn't want to be a Swans player that's for sure.

It's pathetic that we have people who think they know better than our manager.
It's pathetic that people slag off our young players.
It's pathetic that people won't support and have faith in our manager (and those who pretend to have faith in him and then chastise his decision making). That's not fuking faith...that's pretending to support him, until one of his decisions don't work.

Most of you guys and the guys around the ground these days are bringing our club down.
I don't blame the players. I don't blame our manager or his staff. I blame you!
Bunch of moaning, disrespectful old bastards who are obviously not getting enough and want to project your bitterness onto young people who you are jealous of because they are doing things you no longer can or possibly earn too much.

If we were constructive when we play poor, maybe the players would be able to learn and get better. Constant slagging is bound to make people feel bad about themselves.
Well done people.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:51 - Dec 28 with 3446 viewsjackrmee

YES! This is what we need to do.
Flares, NOISE, constant atmosphere throughout.
Many clubs from the continent do this. It's scary, intimidating and fantastic.

Our atmosphere is appalling. A tiny corner of the East is the only place where any noise comes from. Fair play to them guys, but they can't intimidate away crowds and teams on their own. Half the time the away fans are louder mun. And that's not the fault of the guys down there in the East. That's the fault of the rest of the ground.

I wish there was a way to implement your idea Chief, but I haven't got a clue how it could be done.
I'm afraid we just don't have the passionate fans that other clubs have.
We have a bunch of old fogies who would rather bicker and whine amongst themselves.

IS THERE A WAY WE COULD START GETTING SOME ATMOSPHERE IN THE WEST STAND?
IS THERE A WAY TO SPEAK TO ALL THE FANS TO PUT YOUR "CONSCIOUS EFFORT" PLAN IN PLACE?
I WISH THERE WAS AND HOPE THERE IS.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:52 - Dec 28 with 3441 viewsjackrmee

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:45 - Dec 28 by lifelong

YES!

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:54 - Dec 28 with 3433 viewsLeonWasGod

That happens already in the NE corner. There's always a good response after the opposition score, not always sustained but always a good response. No other parts of the ground join in, but it would be good if they did once in a while.
The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 12:04 - Dec 28 with 3418 viewslifelong

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 11:52 - Dec 28 by jackrmee

YES!

Flares similar to this one?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/flare-kills-football-fan-at-world-cup-qual
The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 12:08 - Dec 28 with 3411 viewsjackrmee

I've been in the home end at AC Milan. The Curva Sud.
OK, it's also just part of the ground like our NE corner, but they do not stop. They also admittedly have a lot more fans in that area, but the atmosphere there was non stop.

I also went in the home end at Hadjuk Split. They had less fans than we get but the atmosphere was electric. Flares, drums, constant chanting and singing. They lost 3-0 to Rejika but you wouldn't have known it.

Clubs in other countries actually listen to their fans too. They influence the club as a whole and clubs take on board their ideas (as they know there will be trouble if they don't).
Fans in this country are just taken for mugs. Charged over the odds, not consulted on fuk all. We are not important.
ANd that all starts from the bottom. We are like mice. Bunch of keyboard warriors who haven't even got the bollox to shout out of their mouths. Hilarious and pathetic.

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 12:09 - Dec 28 with 3407 viewsChief

Yes. Happens across the globe

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 12:10 - Dec 28 with 3400 viewsjackrmee

I've been in the home end at AC Milan. The Curva Sud.
OK, it's also just part of the ground like our NE corner, but they do not stop. They also admittedly have a lot more fans in that area, but the atmosphere there was non stop, deafening and superb.

I also went in the home end at Hadjuk Split. They had less fans than we get but the atmosphere was electric. Flares, drums, constant chanting and singing. They lost 3-0 to Rejika but you wouldn't have known it.

Clubs in other countries actually listen to their fans too. They influence the club as a whole and clubs take on board their ideas (as they know there will be trouble if they don't).
Fans in this country are just taken for mugs. Charged over the odds, not consulted on fuk all. We are not important.
ANd that all starts from the bottom....our demeanour. We are like mice. Bunch of keyboard warriors who haven't even got the bollox to speak out of their mouths, let alone shout. Hilarious and pathetic.

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 12:13 - Dec 28 with 3388 viewslifelong

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 12:09 - Dec 28 by Chief

Yes. Happens across the globe

Do you not realise the safety dangers regarding these objects or don’t you care?
The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 12:14 - Dec 28 with 3389 viewsjackrmee

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 12:04 - Dec 28 by lifelong

Flares similar to this one?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/flare-kills-football-fan-at-world-cup-qual

No no, don't be silly. Nothing like that. Firing a flare like that around the place is shocking.
There are handheld flares.

The most toxic fans in the EFL? on 12:15 - Dec 28 with 3387 viewsBloodyhills

'The most toxic fans in the EFL?

Probably not.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024