Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane 22:35 - Dec 28 with 1417 viewsjackharris

Honoured by the Queen for scraping their side to the World Cup Semi-Finals!

The English Record World Cup 2018. Semi-finals 4th
Played 7
Won 3
Drew 1
Lost 3

[Post edited 28 Dec 2018 22:42]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 22:40 - Dec 28 with 1399 viewsDarran

Chris Coleman had an OBE after Wales reached the semis of a lesser tournament.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 22:41 - Dec 28 with 1398 viewsbuilthjack

Embarrassing

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 22:48 - Dec 28 with 1383 viewsjackharris

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 22:40 - Dec 28 by Darran

Just saying.

I had a quick look to see if any of our players (Wales Euro 2016) received any recognition. Didn’t check Coleman.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 22:49 - Dec 28 with 1374 viewsDarran

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 22:48 - Dec 28 by jackharris

I had a quick look to see if any of our players (Wales Euro 2016) received any recognition. Didn’t check Coleman.

The honours list should be abolished anyway. You only have to look at Huw Jenkins.

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 23:03 - Dec 28 with 1351 viewsFireboy2

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 22:49 - Dec 28 by Darran

The honours list should be abolished anyway. You only have to look at Huw Jenkins.

You dont really want to upset the royalists dar

Fwiw i dont really give a flying fvck about them

The royals,southgate and kane
Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 23:23 - Dec 28 with 1313 viewsLoyal

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 22:40 - Dec 28 by Darran

Just saying.

Having to beat who we did in that lesser tournament was a fck lot harder than England beating Tunisia, Panama, Sweden and Colombia on penalties in a so called better tournament. How the fck that gets you to a world cup semi final I will never know.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 23:26 - Dec 28 with 1308 viewsDarran

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 23:23 - Dec 28 by Loyal

Having to beat who we did in that lesser tournament was a fck lot harder than England beating Tunisia, Panama, Sweden and Colombia on penalties in a so called better tournament. How the fck that gets you to a world cup semi final I will never know.

Irrelevant.

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 23:44 - Dec 28 with 1286 viewspencoedjack

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 23:26 - Dec 28 by Darran

Irrelevant.

Disagree
Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 00:02 - Dec 29 with 1265 viewsDarran

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 23:44 - Dec 28 by pencoedjack

Disagree

You can disagree all you want they got to the semis fairly and squarely there’s no rule saying you have to win all your games to get there and I detest them.

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 00:29 - Dec 29 with 1244 viewsTailGunner

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 00:02 - Dec 29 by Darran

You can disagree all you want they got to the semis fairly and squarely there’s no rule saying you have to win all your games to get there and I detest them.

They beat us also to be fair
Gave us a bit of a lesson
Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 09:38 - Dec 29 with 1121 viewsJinxy

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 22:49 - Dec 28 by Darran

Do we really have to?! The honours list is farcical for the most part in my view, especially when applied to highly paid "celebs" etc.. It's always nice to read of volunteers being honoured, who have made communities etc. a better place, for no financial reward.
Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 09:41 - Dec 29 with 1113 viewsJackfath

People in the public's eye, highly paid "stars" getting honoured?! What about the tens of thousands of NHS staff, emergency services, volunteers, teachers etc who work under immense pressure and just get on with it.

They are the ones who should be honoured your Maj.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 09:47 - Dec 29 with 1110 viewswestside

John Redwood got a knighthood for blaming everything on politicians in Brussels for 30 years
Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 10:02 - Dec 29 with 1084 viewsJinxy

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 09:41 - Dec 29 by Jackfath

People in the public's eye, highly paid "stars" getting honoured?! What about the tens of thousands of NHS staff, emergency services, volunteers, teachers etc who work under immense pressure and just get on with it.

I think many people work under pressure in most walks of working life. For me, there's a distinct difference between someone who's good at their job and volunteers, although I can understand the case for people in their field who have excelled way beyond their remit, whilst being paid. I suppose it's that fuzziness that's allowed the system to be misused perhaps.
Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 10:10 - Dec 29 with 1077 viewsJackfath

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 10:02 - Dec 29 by Jinxy

I think many people work under pressure in most walks of working life. For me, there's a distinct difference between someone who's good at their job and volunteers, although I can understand the case for people in their field who have excelled way beyond their remit, whilst being paid. I suppose it's that fuzziness that's allowed the system to be misused perhaps.

The jobs I listed were those where people serve the public in the front line. I do however take your point.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 10:12 - Dec 29 with 1071 viewsDarran

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 09:38 - Dec 29 by Jinxy

Do we really have to?! The honours list is farcical for the most part in my view, especially when applied to highly paid "celebs" etc.. It's always nice to read of volunteers being honoured, who have made communities etc. a better place, for no financial reward.

Fair point.

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 10:21 - Dec 29 with 1027 viewsjacabertawe

I particularly like (and agree with) the comments by Ken Loach:
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/new-years-honours-list-29-celebrities-who

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 10:22 - Dec 29 with 1026 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It must be a very bitter pill to swallow for those who support Wales but dislike England.

Wales achieved their greatest footballing achievement in decades only for England to out do them at a more prestigious tournament 2 years later.

Personally I think neither deserve to be honoured by the Queen, just like Coleman didn't which Darren reminded us of.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 10:24 - Dec 29 with 1020 viewsDarran

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 10:22 - Dec 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It must be a very bitter pill to swallow for those who support Wales but dislike England.

Wales achieved their greatest footballing achievement in decades only for England to out do them at a more prestigious tournament 2 years later.

Personally I think neither deserve to be honoured by the Queen, just like Coleman didn't which Darren reminded us of.

Great post as usual my Friend.

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 10:48 - Dec 29 with 990 viewsbuilthjack

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 09:41 - Dec 29 by Jackfath

Absolutely

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 11:19 - Dec 29 with 959 viewsChief

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 10:22 - Dec 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't think you can compare the resources of England to that of Wales. We punched above our weight. They had the easiest route to a semi final and messed it up. But they got there, you can't take that away from them
And we beat Belgium remember. They failed to do so, twice....

Agree with your last comment though. Don't think a football manager who got relegated with Middlesbrough a few years ago should be getting many accolades.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 11:21]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 15:16 - Dec 29 with 861 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 11:19 - Dec 29 by Chief

I don't think you can compare the resources of England to that of Wales. We punched above our weight. They had the easiest route to a semi final and messed it up. But they got there, you can't take that away from them
And we beat Belgium remember. They failed to do so, twice....

Agree with your last comment though. Don't think a football manager who got relegated with Middlesbrough a few years ago should be getting many accolades.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 11:21]

Wales had an excellent starting eleven in that tournament. On paper the Welsh side was far superior to Russia, Slovakia and Northern Ireland. They lost to England and lost to Portugal. The only excellent result was against Belgium.

It always amazes me how some Welsh fans act as if Wales had it so tough.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 15:29 - Dec 29 with 853 viewsKilkennyjack

Gareth Southgate and Harry Kane on 15:16 - Dec 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wales had an excellent starting eleven in that tournament. On paper the Welsh side was far superior to Russia, Slovakia and Northern Ireland. They lost to England and lost to Portugal. The only excellent result was against Belgium.

It always amazes me how some Welsh fans act as if Wales had it so tough.

Complete Bollox.

Euros has more good teams than a World Cup, yes the Argentinians and Brazilians are missing but the last World Cup had Italy and Holland missing cos Euro groups so strong.
Both finalists were .... well, you know the rest....

Asia, Africa, and the America’s dont get very far.

Wales’s achievement far exceeds England ‘lucky draw’ World Cup.
And also exceeds the black and white ‘backyard’ World Cup when only 6 nations actually played the game.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024